Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bunta Vs. Purple Shadow/Toudou School
Page 1 of 2: [1] 2
97 LT1
Just a follow up to my previous post about Ryousuke. How do you think Bunta would do against Purple Shadow and Toudou? Given that he has the upgraded AE86 and not the stock version.
Nomake Wan
o.O Bunta has the Impreza at that point in the story, not the 86. The 86 belongs to Takumi.

As such, come on now. Todou Juku got beaten by Project.D twice. Mechanical/Medical things aside, Takumi would've beaten God Hand. Keisuke beat God Foot. Bunta would hand everybody their butts on a platter.
97 LT1
I didn't mean the students of Toudou, but the founder Toudou. Sorry for the mix up.

I know he has the Imprezza, that's why I said the AE86.
ac101
bunta would have been a track racer along with the drift king.
racing these people would only be like a practice match to him
WRX DEMON Type R
^ IMO, i dont think Bunta has ever set foot on a track. I'm willing to guess he'd raced in the mountains WITH Tsuchiya when they were young, and that's where Bunta's godly skillz come from.
jinpak
If takumi can do it bunta can do it, just alot better
Smiley_DC2
QUOTE (jinpak @ Today at 11:30 AM)

... and much much more faster!
ChennyZ
QUOTE (jinpak @ Today at 7:30 PM)

ha its like that quote from nike

"anything you can do i can do better"

maybe bunta is the anime version of tsuchiya-san grin2.gif

but i dont think tsuchiya smokes ciggs.

and i doubt bunta wears shades while driving ha.
97 LT1
Ha, but Bunta and Keiichi are separate characters in the manga/anime. I would love to see Takumi race Keiichi as the closing to the series. I know Takumi said he wanted to go pro.
junetrish024
Imagining Bunta go head to head with Todoh-sensei or any of the God's of Ibaraki, I'd guess Bunta would just surprise anyone of them, especially those of his age bracket(God Arm and God Foot for Ibaraki, Todoh for Enna/Happohagara).

I mean, Bunta is the legendary "NIGHTMARE DRIVER"...
Meteor
Bunta would obviously win. Doesn't matter if it was the 86 or the Impreza he used.

Takumi beat those guys already (I'll say he beat Hoshino as well seeing as he's still better than Keisuke who was the one who beat Hoshino). And Bunta has beaten Takumi. So Bunta would really beat those guys.
initialize
QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday at 2:05 PM)
o.O Bunta has the Impreza at that point in the story, not the 86. The 86 belongs to Takumi.

As such, come on now. Todou Juku got beaten by Project.D twice. Mechanical/Medical things aside, Takumi would've beaten God Hand. Keisuke beat God Foot. Bunta would hand everybody their butts on a platter.

How would've Takumi beaten God Hand? If God Hand didn't pull over, wouldn't he of won?
Meteor
QUOTE (initialize)
How would've Takumi beaten God Hand? If God Hand didn't pull over, wouldn't he of won?

Joshima himself considered Takumi the victor.
bats
QUOTE (ChennyZ @ Mar 24 2007, 05:12 PM)
ha its like that quote from nike

"anything you can do i can do better"

maybe bunta is the anime version of tsuchiya-san grin2.gif

but i dont think tsuchiya smokes ciggs.

and i doubt bunta wears shades while driving ha.

I have seen him smoke in BM videos. It's usually during a break session, rating cars on the touge. But I do not think he pulls out a cigg mid drift like Bunta. rolleyes.gif

Tsuchiya-san is very close to Bunta, but I think in his own mind, he is a Takumi.
twitchykun
one of the BMI episodes, Keiichi actually says that he'd be "Takumi". Nobuteru Taniguchi wanted to be Keisuke, while dorikin said that he was Iketani-senpai. Kazumi says that she'd be Natsuki, to which dorikin said to Kazumi, "I thought Natsuki was supposed to be pretty."

Anywhoo, it would be an epic match to be sure. Either battle would be awesome to watch, but I'd rather watch a Bunta versus God Hand match. Technique vs. Technique.
Force Fed Mopar
I'd just like to see Bunta race a full race against someone of the same level as him. I haven't seen anyone in the series yet that is. Except maybe Ken's dad (the MR2 guy's dad), that used to run against him back in the day. That was the only race that Bunta ever seriously thought Takumi would lose, and it was because his opponent was trained by that guy (I can't remember the name at the moment sad.gif ).
Fast
You mean Kai Kogashiwa (SW20), yeah he was trained by his dad Ken Kogashiwa I think.
fuji_tak
QUOTE (White Comet @ Apr 3 2007, 04:23 AM)
I'd just like to see Bunta race a full race against someone of the same level as him. I haven't seen anyone in the series yet that is. Except maybe Ken's dad (the MR2 guy's dad), that used to run against him back in the day. That was the only race that Bunta ever seriously thought Takumi would lose, and it was because his opponent was trained by that guy (I can't remember the name at the moment sad.gif ).

user posted image

I think currently Bunta and Ken Kogashiwa are the most skilful drivers seen in the manga. Even if we have never seen Bunta driving seriously and never seen Ken driving. But these two have an aura ^ _ ^ Like Bunta, for unknown reasons Ken Kogashiwa don't have wife and seem to drown his loneliness in sake.
Bunta and Ken learn to their sons to drive fastly. Bunta give his 86 to Takumi but Ken don't let the MR2 to Kai.
Nissan_drifter
QUOTE (fuji_tak @ Today at 12:47 PM)
I think currently Bunta and Ken Kogashiwa are the most skilful drivers seen in the manga. Even if we have never seen Bunta driving seriously and never seen Ken driving. But these two have an aura ^ _ ^ Like Bunta, for unknown reasons Ken Kogashiwa don't have wife and seem to drown his loneliness in sake.
Bunta and Ken learn to their sons to drive fastly. Bunta give his 86 to Takumi but Ken don't let the MR2 to Kai.

I agree I don't think the Toudou school would stand a chance against the Impreza with Bunta behind the wheel. The race with purple shadow I think the only opponent Bunta would have to sort of worry about is God Hand. I don't think that God Foot would be much of a challenge since Keisuke beat him. God Hand would probably have to show Bunta his line earlier than expected since Bunta would be pressuring him so much and possibility Bunta passing God Hand from behind, if God Hand tries to control Bunta with one of his "false" lines. Yeah Bunta's only real challenge is against Ken. Everyone else in the anime so far is no real challenge except maybe Takumi and Ryosuke.
AE86Takumi
QUOTE (Meteor @ Mar 25 2007, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (initialize)

Joshima himself considered Takumi the victor.

No..he considered the AE86 and Takumi true contenders, not the victors. He said that if Takumi had the chance to do the Speed run, he would probably beat it. Now in a one to one race, Takumi, like Bunta said, has a long way to go.
fuji_tak
Top drivers in initial D :

1- Bunta Fujiwara
2- Ken Kogashiwa
3- Todo school director

4- Toshiya Joshima
5- Takahashi Ryosuke
6- Takumi Fujiwara
7- Tomoyuki Tachi
8- Hoshino Kozo
9- Kaï Kogashiwa

The top three is composed with over aged drivers happy.gif
RacerPaul
QUOTE (fuji_tak @ Today at 12:52 AM)

1- Bunta Fujiwara
2- Ken Kogashiwa
3- Todo school director

4- Toshiya Joshima
5- Takahashi Ryosuke
6- Takumi Fujiwara
7- Tomoyuki Tachi
8- Hoshino Kozo
9- Kaï Kogashiwa

The top three is composed with over aged drivers  happy.gif

I've got a couple changes to that list specifically a switch between Takumi and Tomo's position. Other then that I completely agree with your list.

1 - Bunta Fujiwara
2 - Ken Kogashiwa
3 - Todo school director
4 - Toshiya Joshima
5 - Takahashi Ryosuke
6 - Tomoyuki Tachi
7 - Takumi Fujiwara
8 - Hoshino Kozo
9 - Kaï Kogashiwa
mkain
To know who is better maybe we must wait for 5th stage.
MR_2
QUOTE (fuji_tak @ Today at 1:52 AM)

1- Bunta Fujiwara
2- Ken Kogashiwa
3- Todo school director

4- Toshiya Joshima
5- Takahashi Ryosuke
6- Takumi Fujiwara
7- Tomoyuki Tachi
8- Hoshino Kozo
9- Kaï Kogashiwa

The top three is composed with over aged drivers happy.gif

Hey hey you've forgot the real Dorikin, Keiichi Tsuchiya in there!!! He was on the phone with Bunta. laugh.gif
GOSU+
i think bunta is too old and he's a fart and he'd probably lose lol jk. he'd leave them behind. but who knows dumb factors such as the car being different from when he had it and the performance being different might affect the outcome.
Fast Reply:

Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature   
Page 1 of 2: [1] 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.