Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Driving Energy

Important Rules
• Do NOT post any torrents other than Initial D and automotive related stuff.
• Give the original torrent maker (if it was not originated from this forums.) proper credit.
• If you wish to start a new topic, please contact either the FORUM MODERATORS or one of the ADMINISTRATORS via PM or E-Mail.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 38,124  ·  Replies: 89 
> Initial D First Stage, Episodes 1-4
Takumi Trueno
    Posted: Sep 20 2004, 09:31 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,098

After many requests it has been decided that we will be releasing First Stage. Not always 4 episodes at a time, just the amount we see fit each time. I have ripped this personally myself and there is a reason why I chose to have it this size. Enjoy

NOTE:First Stage was made in 1998. The quality of First Stage was never done that well. Many of you will notice that the voices kinda have an echoe and other things like when 3D and 2D are together. That is all normal. DONT COMPLAIN, I ripped as best I could without making the file size too big. If I compressed anymore then the quality would drastically go down. I ripped this one many times. Please Dont complain unless you cant play the video or there is a major problem.

Note:Voicing in Japanese with English Subtitles.

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 1956 )
This attach file is hidden from Guests. Please log in to Download.
Gabriel
Posted: Sep 20 2004, 09:37 PM

IDW Veteran Member

Member No.: 2,727

Thanks Takumi Trueno! grin2.gif
Perry
Posted: Sep 20 2004, 09:38 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Thanks man. It's the best time to download now. There are 4 seeds currently. Get it while there are still seeds. : )
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
humbug23
Posted: Sep 21 2004, 02:09 AM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,964

i'd like to know how big is the batch torrent, as i have somewhat of a space constraint on my HD..

thanks
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Sep 21 2004, 02:31 AM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

The torrent is around 1500MB, and includes episodes 1-4 from 1st Stage

This is also the first Seeder Team endorsed torrent so seeders should always be available for this one

This post has been edited by Smiley_DC2 on Sep 21 2004, 02:32 AM
EvilTaxi
Posted: Sep 21 2004, 06:08 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 1,231

By always he means until the next one smile.gif
Zeus[urbanperformanc..
Posted: Sep 22 2004, 05:02 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 2,865

I've finished downloading and i'm now seeding but i'm having trouble playing the videos.. it's slow/fast, it goes either too fast or gets stuck while the audio is playing normally or sometimes the audio comes after the video.. i'm frustrated.. i've tried every codec there is.. i used GSpot to find out if i'm missing any.. no problem there.. Help. crying2.gif
Gabriel
Posted: Sep 22 2004, 05:38 AM

IDW Veteran Member

Member No.: 2,727

QUOTE (Zeus[urbanperformance.net)
,Sep 22 2004, 06:02 AM] I've finished downloading and i'm now seeding but i'm having trouble playing the videos.. it's slow/fast, it goes either too fast or gets stuck while the audio is playing normally or sometimes the audio comes after the video.. i'm frustrated.. i've tried every codec there is.. i used GSpot to find out if i'm missing any.. no problem there.. Help.  crying2.gif

Maybe your computer is running slower than normal. Re-boot your PC and if you're still having problems try Windows Media Player Classic.

This post has been edited by DC2Integra on Sep 22 2004, 05:38 AM
Zeus[urbanperformanc..
Posted: Sep 22 2004, 06:22 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (DC2Integra @ Sep 22 2004, 05:38 AM)
QUOTE (Zeus[urbanperformance.net)
,Sep 22 2004, 06:02 AM] I've finished downloading and i'm now seeding but i'm having trouble playing the videos.. it's slow/fast, it goes either too fast or gets stuck while the audio is playing normally or sometimes the audio comes after the video.. i'm frustrated.. i've tried every codec there is.. i used GSpot to find out if i'm missing any.. no problem there.. Help.  crying2.gif

Maybe your computer is running slower than normal. Re-boot your PC and if you're still having problems try Windows Media Player Classic.

Already tried that.. i gave up about an hour ago, thnks anyway wink2.gif
EvilTaxi
Posted: Sep 22 2004, 06:39 AM

IDW Special Member

What are the stats of your computer?
Zeus[urbanperformanc..
Posted: Sep 22 2004, 08:12 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (EvilTaxi @ Sep 22 2004, 06:39 AM)
What are the stats of your computer?

Didn't quite grasp what you meant but i'm guessing this:

P3 500 Mhz (sucks)
384 Mb RAM (156 Mb available right now.. slow ass ram pinch2.gif )
nVidia Riva TNT2 Agp 16 Mb (really REALLY sucks)
Windows XP Pro SP1 (windows update finished downloading SP2 10 min. ago.. then proceeded to Crash pinch2.gif P.S: it didn't even install it)

Perry
Posted: Sep 22 2004, 11:48 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Mmm ... 500 mhz might be a little slow for these dvd-rip quality video. You have good amount of RAM and you got a nice graphics card. Problem is the CPU is a little slow. If you have a CD burner, burn the episodes and watch it on another OS. Something like Linux or Windows 98. I recommend using Mandrake Linux 10.0 to watch video. It use very little amount of RAM and it runs really smooth.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
MAD MAX
Posted: Sep 22 2004, 01:35 PM

Rotary Enthusiast

Member No.: 2,262

I was downloading it yesterday, I tried to continue the download today but it says that I have tracker connecting problem. mad.gif What the hell is that ??
EvilTaxi
Posted: Sep 22 2004, 01:47 PM

IDW Special Member

Tracker's broken, you gotta wait till someone fixes it.
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Sep 22 2004, 02:40 PM

IDW Goldmember

Tracker is fine now. Every once in a while trackers go down. Expect it t happen, leave the torrent open and eventually it will connect again.
EvilTaxi
Posted: Sep 23 2004, 10:45 AM

IDW Special Member

More seeds, please? Don't make me castrate all of you who leech and don't help seed.

This post has been edited by EvilTaxi on Sep 23 2004, 10:46 AM
ShiftLock
Posted: Sep 23 2004, 04:57 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,285

1500 mb and its And only 4 episodes?!? Lets do some math: 1500 mb per 4 episodes and theres 26 episodes in 1st stage. Thats almost 9.7 GB.

Takumi Trueno, I noticed your other rips are around that size too and while the quality is probably amazing and I thank you for releasing, 9.7 GB is a huge chunk of space for only 26 episodes. C'mon man not everyone has unlimited space on their HDDs or the money to go out and buy 250 gb HDDs whenever their other 250 GB HDD gets full or has a DVD-RW with a bunch of blank DVDs lying around.
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Sep 23 2004, 05:18 PM

IDW Goldmember

Movies and episodes arent meant to be kept on your hard drive forever. Look at the Torrent Section rules. Also if you have seen the original quality of First Stage you should know why I had to release at this size. ALSO, did you not read my first post, I explained it all there.

Edit: ShiftLock, you have only been here one day. Dont start complaining now, Complaining for your first post= bad way to start out. Read before you post.

This post has been edited by Takumi Trueno on Sep 23 2004, 05:19 PM
Drifting
Posted: Sep 23 2004, 06:10 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 3,095

I think we should stop whining on how big the files are. These files are very good quality, and I hope he continues to host files. If you dont' like these files, go download some low quality videos from another site.
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Sep 23 2004, 06:38 PM

IDW Goldmember

Thank You, Drifting. Thats pretty much what I wanted to say. Good Job. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Takumi Trueno on Sep 23 2004, 06:38 PM
ShiftLock
Posted: Sep 23 2004, 07:09 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,285

QUOTE (Takumi Trueno @ Sep 23 2004, 05:18 PM)
Movies and episodes arent meant to be kept on your hard drive forever.

That 48 hour rule has no legal basis, its just like the 24-hour version. Downloading copyrighted material is prohibited. Period. There is no grace period, its just a common myth. (Not that I liked to bring that up)

Also if you have seen the original quality of First Stage you should know why I had to release at this size. ALSO, did you not read my first post, I explained it all there.

I've seen the original quality of First Stage. Let me use an analogy: If you were to take a music CD with low quality audio tracks and ripped them to high quality, that doesn't make the sound of the audio itself high quality; the quality was low to begin with. Can you explain what would happen if you made the 4 episodes a bit more compressed so the file sizes reasonable to some people? Say from 1500 MB to something like 600 MB?

Edit: ShiftLock, you have only been here one day. Dont start complaining now,

I've been 'here' for some time now, just as a lurker. I'm not complaining so much as i'm giving constructive criticism/my point of view. Nonetheless, like I said before i'm thankful that you even make these releases at all. Please correct me if i'm wrong about any of this (the encoding of 1st stage bit).

Complaining for your first post= bad way to start out...

I'm not here to make enemies.

-Shift
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Sep 23 2004, 08:04 PM

IDW Goldmember

Please dont analyze everything I say, thats one thing I dislike. Picking apart of my words. Also your analogy does not work for this situation. You should have picked this one out from your analysis. Which is that when you rip something the quality never goes up, it can only go down. So when you rip something you have to find the point where the quality goes down in the rip. If you dont find that point you will only undershoot over over shoot how much the video should be. If I rip a DVD at 4 gigs obviously the quality will not go up. If I rip at 700 mb then obviously too low. You get it?
(Dont try to correct me, what I did was a for a reason)
EvilTaxi
Posted: Sep 23 2004, 08:39 PM

IDW Special Member

If you don't like how things are here, then leave. We don't have to put up with this. Forums are for people to come and share their common interests, not for newcomers to harass senior members. I don't care if you have "lurked" here for a while, you have not contributed a single thing as a guest, so you will be treated as a newcomer.
FD3S
Posted: Sep 23 2004, 08:51 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 591

thanks Takumi Trueno for your efforts laugh.gif too bad i already bought the dvds from jackadeal like years ago ehhehee oh well im gonna dl and seed it for a while to share the wealth cool.gif
BiBi
Posted: Sep 23 2004, 08:59 PM

BFV addict

Member No.: 1,236

QUOTE (ShiftLock @ Sep 23 2004, 04:57 PM)
1500 mb and its And only 4 episodes?!? Lets do some math: 1500 mb per 4 episodes and theres 26 episodes in 1st stage. Thats almost 9.7 GB.

Takumi Trueno, I noticed your other rips are around that size too and while the quality is probably amazing and I thank you for releasing, 9.7 GB is a huge chunk of space for only 26 episodes. C'mon man not everyone has unlimited space on their HDDs or the money to go out and buy 250 gb HDDs whenever their other 250 GB HDD gets full or has a DVD-RW with a bunch of blank DVDs lying around.

stop whining dude. just download it first then convert it yourself if u must have a smaller file size

4 Pages  1 2 3 »