Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Extasy In My Dream

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 45,052  ·  Replies: 45 
> Initial D Sixth Stage, Is there going to be more?
D-Emerald
Posted: May 10 2013, 06:54 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,444

Anybody got info if they're going to make more initial d?

This post has been edited by D-Emerald on May 10 2013, 07:01 AM
Takahashi Rensuki
Posted: May 10 2013, 09:31 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 40,927

QUOTE (D-Emerald @ 2 hours, 37 minutes ago)

You posted in the wrong section. ermm2.gif
hackgrid
Posted: May 10 2013, 10:54 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 16,046

Maybe there will be a pause of some months and then they will continue...?

Like the year-long-pause of Breaking Bad...? derp.gif
Takahashi Rensuki
Posted: May 10 2013, 11:24 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 40,927

QUOTE (D-Emerald @ 4 hours, 29 minutes ago)

Looks like they will be continuing as Takumi's race was not shown in the latest episodes. ermm2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 10 2013, 11:29 AM

Raid Boss N1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Please just let it die. Fifth Stage was horrible. Why would you want more? facepalm.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
Posted: May 10 2013, 11:39 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
Please just let it die. Fifth Stage was horrible. Why would you want more? facepalm.gif

They just have to use the same company who did Fourth Stage again to animate the movie/OVA. cool.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 10 2013, 12:32 PM

Raid Boss N1

QUOTE (Perry @ 52 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
They just have to use the same company who did Fourth Stage again to animate the movie/OVA. cool.gif

Forget that. Forget that, have whoever did Second Stage do the finale if they're gonna change companies. Fourth Stage was neat and all but it was still about as 'flat' as Fifth Stage. Second Stage was really where things got interesting animation-wise.

Bah. Fifth Stage sucked. I just can't shake that any attempt to put a 'finale' on the series will suck just as much. I mean, if they put this little effort into the series what makes you think they'll put any more effort into the finale?
kyonpalm
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:00 PM

fuckface
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 27 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Forget that. Forget that, have whoever did Second Stage do the finale if they're gonna change companies. Fourth Stage was neat and all but it was still about as 'flat' as Fifth Stage. Second Stage was really where things got interesting animation-wise.

Bah. Fifth Stage sucked. I just can't shake that any attempt to put a 'finale' on the series will suck just as much. I mean, if they put this little effort into the series what makes you think they'll put any more effort into the finale?

I really can't stress this enough, but seriously, most of the reason Fifth Stage sucks is because of the story at its core. It'd take one hell of an animation studio to turn the crap storyline that Fifth Stage is based around into a diamond.

And for the record, I think Fourth Stage was done excellently. The only problems it had were strictly story-centered (in my opinion) so it's the same problem as with Fifth Stage.

So don't blame the animators (well, at least not entirely - I understand they screwed up some CG details) - blame Shigeno.

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on May 10 2013, 01:01 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:07 PM

Raid Boss N1

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 7 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
I really can't stress this enough, but seriously, most of the reason Fifth Stage sucks is because of the story at its core. It'd take one hell of an animation studio to turn the crap storyline that Fifth Stage is based around into a diamond.

And for the record, I think Fourth Stage was done excellently. The only problems it had were strictly story-centered (in my opinion) so it's the same problem as with Fifth Stage.

So don't blame the animators (well, at least not entirely - I understand they screwed up some CG details) - blame Shigeno.

I'd like to note that I avoided the manga. There was only a single issue I flipped through to help Perry get a good image of Mika waaaay back when she was first introduced. That one volume I flipped through had pretty much no racing in it and was all story. In fact, it felt very much like First Stage all over again and I found myself surprised that after the race-race-race-race that was Fourth Stage Shigeno would be going back to his roots.

Then Fifth Stage came out...it got to the volume in question...and just about everything got cut out. All the excitement, all the little tidbits, all the tension... it was like HI I'M MIKA HI I'M TAKUMI BUT I'M THE REAL TAKUMI LET'S GO OUT COOL done.

Fifth Stage was rushed. The animation quality--except for the 3D components--is well below any previous stage. The sound director should be shot in the face for messing up basic things like Takumi's AE86 sounds (which have been accurate for how long now!?), Keisuke's FD sounds (what was wrong with reusing Fourth Stage SFX!?) and the 350Z's sounds (whose bright idea was it to use the Devil Z SFX?!) among others. And the story? I'm sorry but even what little I've seen of the manga had more to it than this.

It's crap, and it's not really Shigeno's fault it's crap.
kyonpalm
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:14 PM

fuckface
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 6 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
I'd like to note that I avoided the manga. There was only a single issue I flipped through to help Perry get a good image of Mika waaaay back when she was first introduced. That one volume I flipped through had pretty much no racing in it and was all story. In fact, it felt very much like First Stage all over again and I found myself surprised that after the race-race-race-race that was Fourth Stage Shigeno would be going back to his roots.

Then Fifth Stage came out...it got to the volume in question...and just about everything got cut out. All the excitement, all the little tidbits, all the tension... it was like HI I'M MIKA HI I'M TAKUMI BUT I'M THE REAL TAKUMI LET'S GO OUT COOL done.

Fifth Stage was rushed. The animation quality--except for the 3D components--is well below any previous stage. The sound director should be shot in the face for messing up basic things like Takumi's AE86 sounds (which have been accurate for how long now!?), Keisuke's FD sounds (what was wrong with reusing Fourth Stage SFX!?) and the 350Z's sounds (whose bright idea was it to use the Devil Z SFX?!) among others. And the story? I'm sorry but even what little I've seen of the manga had more to it than this.

It's crap, and it's not really Shigeno's fault it's crap.

I'd have to go over the manga again, but as I remember it (outside the Mika and other short non-race story bits) there really wasn't much that reminded me of First Stage in it. Now that the anime is over, why don't you read it too? cool.gif
Tessou
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:18 PM

Disregarding your opinion since 2005
Group Icon

Group: CULTIST
Member No.: 12,263

^ Indeed. Shigeno probably had very little to do with this aside from collecting a paycheck. laugh.gif (edit: in response to N1, before Kyon ninja replied before me tongue.gif )

Fifth Stage needs to be the end of it. Unless they can bring back the Third Stage team to make one hell of an amazing movie to close it, we should stick a fork in this one. As a dedicated fan of Initial D, I'm entirely offended at this bullshit they've foisted upon us after years of patience and hope.

From now on, FFS can mean either "for fuck's sake" or "FUCK FIFTH STAGE". awesome.gif

This post has been edited by Tessou on May 10 2013, 01:19 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:40 PM

Raid Boss N1

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 25 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
I'd have to go over the manga again, but as I remember it (outside the Mika and other short non-race story bits) there really wasn't much that reminded me of First Stage in it. Now that the anime is over, why don't you read it too? cool.gif

Because there's still that damned chance they'll do one more. If I feel like it, maybe I'll read the manga straight from from the beginning up to the NSX race and just stop there or something. I dunno.

But I feel that reading the manga would just give me even more of a basis to hate the Anime. sad.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:56 PM

fuckface
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 16 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
But I feel that reading the manga would just give me even more of a basis to hate the Anime. sad.gif

Honestly, it probably won't. But it's up to you, at any rate.
Tessou
Posted: May 10 2013, 03:01 PM

Disregarding your opinion since 2005
Group Icon

Group: CULTIST
Member No.: 12,263

It's up in the air, really. The corresponding Fifth Stage chapters are boring as hell to me, so anything is more interesting. That doesn't mean the anime is necessarily better, just more interesting and actually holds my attention.
ItBMD
Posted: May 10 2013, 05:09 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,338

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 27 minutes ago)
Because there's still that damned chance they'll do one more. If I feel like it, maybe I'll read the manga straight from from the beginning up to the NSX race and just stop there or something. I dunno.

I am thinking of doing exactly this same thing. If by 2020 there's no OVA or anything to wrap it up, then I'll read out the rest.

Can someone kindly direct me to where I could read the manga in English? Has it all been translated up to this NSX race? I don't need specific answers, but if you can direct me to where I need to go, it would be much appreciated. TIA.

This post has been edited by ItBMD on May 10 2013, 05:09 PM
Gunma's 34
Posted: May 10 2013, 05:27 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

Fourth Stage > Fifth Stage plotwise; there was better drama. What 5th stage did was make the animations smoother, render out 'new' cars and that's it.

The plot-action balance was off and Episode 14 had the worst cliffhanger ever.
Go Hojo had to spinout on a straightway. facepalm.gif
This came out like that Hitman movie where instead of going stealth, it's pretty much 47 going Rambo at everyone.

On the plus side... DEM PLOT SCENES. (during Mako's scenes) - the animators at least showed us what Shinji was interested in.

@ItBMD - mangafox may have some that is already translated; dunno if they're already working on the 86 v 86 chapters though; the FD VS NSX chapters were already translated IIRC.

@Nomake Wan, you pretty much summed up my all-of-my-what moments with the rendering; most specifically with the sfx. Z33 is running not in a V6 but an L28 facepalm.gif

@Tessou - FFS definitely. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on May 10 2013, 05:28 PM
Lebon14
Posted: May 10 2013, 05:28 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,005

I only watched the first two episodes of the fifth stage because I can't be assed to watch 360p when every other anime are all 720p and much better image quality. From what I heard, 5th stage dumped quite a lot of the manga story line and did jack crap race excitement-wise. The race was done before it even started (figure of speech of course). I remember watching Fourth Stage and the race were long and it held us in excitement: "what will happen?", "how will Takumi/Keisuke win this race?". I'll be getting the subbed DVD rips and watch then but I'm holding my breath because I don't think I'll be impressed.
Cyinide
Posted: May 10 2013, 08:48 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 39,054

Honestly...I am probably not going to watch these last 2 episodes. Frankly, I really haven't watched the last 3-4 episodes of Fifth Stage. It just doesn't interest me, it's complete garbage, in every possible way. I actually feel bad for those who BOUGHT the PPVs because they should get some money back for having to watch such trash. Honestly, it might have been just better to NEVER release Fifth Stage. But, in terms of a Sixth Stage...if anything, there would probably be the 3rd Stage treatment and launch on OVA as a conclusion.

This post has been edited by Cyinide on May 10 2013, 08:51 PM
eatsuki
Posted: May 10 2013, 08:52 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

They will only make 6th Stage if the manga has another long story arc after the current one ends. And it would takes years' worth of manga chapters to have enough story to fill a 6th Stage.

I agree that 4th Stage had better in-between race side stories than 5th Stage. Stuff like Itsuki and Kazemi part 2, the buildup before the race vs pro racer Tomoyuki, Tohru getting handouts from his girlfriend, etc

SPOILER
Lebon14
Posted: May 10 2013, 09:20 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,005

I guess I didn't answer the thread's question... Will there be a 6th Stage... Maybe. But I'd prefer next time around, if there's one, that they actually hire competent people do the season.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: May 11 2013, 07:17 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (eatsuki @ Today, 12:52 PM)
SPOILER

SPOILER

6th Stage? I really don't know. I have mixed feelings for Fifth Stage... If there really is going to have one, better bring back those "uninteresting stuff for youngsters these days", even though I'm still one tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Takahashi Rensuke on May 11 2013, 07:21 AM
beardRage
Posted: May 12 2013, 02:35 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,114

If there is a Sixth Stage it would be split between Keisuke, Takumi, and Shinji I think. Keisuke goes pro, Takumi starts rally driving, Shinji follows Takumi's footsteps. Bunta accidentaly makes tofu the way he likes it, and Akina residents begin to undergo fission after consumption which awakens Gojira.
eatsuki
Posted: May 12 2013, 05:15 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

Keisuke might get some screen time if Shigeno decides to show the professional racing world, but Shinji is too much of a side character to have his own story arc. I'm all for them showing Bunta cook some secret tofu recipe though biggrin.gif
mgear95
Posted: May 13 2013, 03:39 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 41,310

I would like to see a stage 0 talking about how Bunta developed his skills

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
beardRage
Posted: May 14 2013, 01:55 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,114

I dunno, Shinji is off to a better start in the series than Takumi. I don't think they would do a prequel series, maybe a movie or OVA.

2 Pages  1 2