Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 12 unique listeners, playing Michiko Neya & Yumi Kakazu - Impact BLUE

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

14 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 148,529  ·  Replies: 344 
> Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 5 & 6, Discussion and how to download it
Kevo
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 03:24 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,708

QUOTE (Perry @ 2 hours, 13 minutes ago)
Here it is: Right Click and Save As

This is just the .ass file that you have to use the existing LQ raw and add it as a subtitle file. It'll sync up. I originally planned to release the hardsub version but it's taking a bit longer than I thought. My goal is to release the subtitles as soon as I can. So feel free to do the re-encoding with whatever raws that are out there. It should sync up perfectly if the raw is based on the original 40mb file.

Wish I knew how to do that. pinch2.gif
ruc3
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 03:33 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,113

First post biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kevo @ 9 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
Wish I knew how to do that.  pinch2.gif

If you dont mind using another player, use Gomplayer to read the raw episode and then just move the .ass file into the video. It should run fine as mine did.

Perry thank you for the free release, btw it's not the first time i've seen fansubs or stream sites copying the subs.

Many thanks for your hardwork now we wait for 6th

This post has been edited by ruc3 on Jan 15 2013, 03:34 PM
pimenta59
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 03:48 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 40,072

All I had to do was rename the sub file with the name of the video file, just like SRT subs and it worked on Media Player Classic. Thank you very much for the subs Perry!
180sx
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 05:42 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 39,529

How do you use an .ass file? when I try to download it, it says 'No File'. Am I missing a program needed? I use Win7 Starter on an Asus NetBook. Guess I'm just that guy (noob...grr).

And, another thanks for your hard work Perry (even though I can't use it yet, I understand the work involved).

Jose
ruc3
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 05:54 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,113

Have you tried clicking it with right mouse button and press "save file as..."?
kyonpalm
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 06:00 PM

fuckface
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,882

An .ass file is a subtitle file. What media player do you use?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
inealy23
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 06:53 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,147

Nice job on the Sub!
jahmed
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 07:06 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,165

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I just gotta take the time to say thanks to Perry as well. Really appreciate it, as it gives other fans who don't understand the show the ability to enjoy the show as well!

Great job on the subs, please keep up the good work!
Perry
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 07:56 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 1

Thanks for all of your support!

http://www.nwanime.com/initial-d-fifth-sta...b7d84f618f812f/

Looks like Naruto Wire already got our soft subs and converted it to hardsub. What really pisses me off is they completely removed our credits in the beginning of the video. That is messed up. I spent many hours translating it. All I ask for is a simple credit. It's really detestable for sites like NWAnime to do that, or whoever decided to remove the credits in the subs. Either way, you know Episode 6 will only comes in the form of hardsub. No more soft subs. It's not worth it.
BURN_BABY_BURN
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 08:05 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 39,955

QUOTE (hackgrid @ 5 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Great work, thanks! smile.gif

Yay, Kamiari-Raws released another batch of upscales, this time with "slightly reduce noise" ermm2.gif

Why do they insist on 720p? I'm no expert but I wouldn't believe there would be bugger all you could do to make it HD quality, they might as well release it as 480p.

Also, thanks Perry for the softsubs, now just gotta wait for a proper 480p upscale like last time or maybe there will be a 'pure' 720p raw releasing soon, who knows?
kyonpalm
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 08:18 PM

fuckface
Group Icon

QUOTE (BURN_BABY_BURN @ 13 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
Why do they insist on 720p? I'm no expert but I wouldn't believe there would be bugger all you could do to make it HD quality, they might as well release it as 480p.

...could you perhaps rephrase that?
dmhc69
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 08:22 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,199

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 3 minutes, 18 seconds ago)

pretty sure he's asking what the point of upscaling is. unsure.gif
Darth_BAMF
  Posted: Jan 15 2013, 08:32 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 39,673

Hey Perry do you plan on posting a hardsub on the forum or just leaving things the way they are now

Or if someone could give me some directions to use with windows 7 media player that would be greatly appreciated. this is my first time trying to watch the episodes this way.

thanks smile.gif

This post has been edited by Darth_BAMF on Jan 15 2013, 08:42 PM
Perry
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 08:39 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Darth_BAMF @ 7 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Hey Perry do you plan on posting a hardsub on the forum or just leaving things the way they are now

The hardsub will be up tonight. Sorry for the delay. I had to leave for work and I can't do the hardsub from work. derp.gif Next time, I won't release the soft subs. I guess people just have to wait a few more hours for it...
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 08:41 PM

Raid Boss N1

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (180sx @ 2 hours, 58 minutes ago)
How do you use an .ass file? when I try to download it, it says 'No File'. Am I missing a program needed? I use Win7 Starter on an Asus NetBook. Guess I'm just that guy (noob...grr).

And, another thanks for your hard work Perry (even though I can't use it yet, I understand the work involved).

Jose

1. Install this:

Kawaii Codec Pack

2. Rename the .ass file to the same as your raw. For instance, if the raw file is "Initial D 5th Stage ep5.mp4" then rename the .ass file to "Initial D 5th Stage ep5.ass". The sub file must match the filename of the raw video.

3. Open the MP4 and the subs should appear automagically. cool.gif
Darth_BAMF
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 08:45 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 39,673

QUOTE (Perry @ 5 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
The hardsub will be up tonight. Sorry for the delay. I had to leave for work and I can't do the hardsub from work. derp.gif Next time, I won't release the soft subs. I guess people just have to wait a few more hours for it...

thanks buddy for the heads up not being impatient or anything. I greatly appreciate all the work you do for us.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 09:18 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

QUOTE (Perry @ 1 hour, 21 minutes ago)

Looks like Naruto Wire already got our soft subs and converted it to hardsub. What really pisses me off is they completely removed our credits in the beginning of the video. That is messed up. I spent many hours translating it. All I ask for is a simple credit. It's really detestable for sites like NWAnime to do that, or whoever decided to remove the credits in the subs. Either way, you know Episode 6 will only comes in the form of hardsub. No more soft subs. It's not worth it.

appreciate your hard work and time Pear-bear. Sucks some jackass decided redistribute and not even give you proper credit for it

hope they fall over and die awesome.gif
BURN_BABY_BURN
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 09:36 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 39,955

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 17 minutes ago)

Yeah, sorry. I meant why bother with a 360p>720p upscale when they could upscale it from 360p>480p instead? Would look much better as a result IMO.

This post has been edited by BURN_BABY_BURN on Jan 15 2013, 09:37 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 09:44 PM

fuckface
Group Icon

QUOTE (BURN_BABY_BURN @ 7 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Yeah, sorry. I meant why bother with a 360p>720p upscale when they could upscale it from 360p>480p instead? Would look much better as a result IMO.

But there's no need to upscale at all. It's an inane practice that yields no benefit.
zephyrwatt
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 10:50 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,139

Thanks Perry! Great work!
eesh
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 10:54 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,124

QUOTE (Perry @ 2 hours, 58 minutes ago)

They exist at the end o.o. Look

user posted image
kiritokun
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 10:58 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,168

thanks smile.gif, uploaded to dailymotion. has cc.

dailymotion.com/video/xwskbu_idw-fansub-initial-d-fifth-stage-05_auto

This post has been edited by kiritokun on Jan 15 2013, 11:04 PM
stars-lullaby
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 11:47 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,664

smile.gif :hug: Thanks Perry for the soft subs and everyone that helped how to add the file to the RAW.

I'm a little lurker since my English is not that great derp.gif but I do my best to post on Eurobeats (I'm addicted to it tongue.gif) or if I want to show some of my art like I did recently I'm using as my sig ATM. I like ID a lot since I can learn about car specs and sometime I bother my hubby to teach me when he's fixing other cars including his. biggrin.gif *shy mode*

This post has been edited by stars-lullaby on Jan 15 2013, 11:49 PM
mckoval
Posted: Jan 16 2013, 02:03 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,033

Hi there,
I'm also a first time "poster", but been reading the forum since early 4th stage,
love how our community helps ppl around the world to enjoy initial D smile.gif

And special thanks to Perry who did the subs for EP.5!

Right now I'm a little confused, whether CA will also sub fifth stage, or it's just Perry we rely on?
If so it's a great burden for you Perry, good luck and keep up the good work!
Meteor
Posted: Jan 16 2013, 02:16 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Right now I'm a little confused, whether CA will also sub fifth stage, or it's just Perry we rely on?

CA did say they were going to sub Acts 5 and 6 and it's likely CA's going to keep subbing Fifth Stage for now. Perry's subs were translated to English from Chinese subs, so the accuracy's going to suffer on account of having been double-translated and thus there's still a need for a direct translation from Japanese to English.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work Perry. Haven't looked at these subs yet, but I'll be doing so later. Being able to understand those talking scenes somewhat will be nice smile.gif

This post has been edited by Meteor on Jan 16 2013, 02:18 AM

14 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »