Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Sara - Burning Up For You

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 46,672  ·  Replies: 93 
> SEB presents Initial D Fifth Stage D SELECTION, First soundtrack of the new anime
dj tomoe
    Posted: Nov 9 2012, 11:33 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,764

user posted image

SUPER EUROBEAT presents 頭文字[イニシャル]D Fifth Stage D SELECTION
2013.02.08 ON SALE!!
価格:¥3,059(税込)
品番:AVCA-62121
神奈川決戦のバトルシーンを盛り上げる
SUPER EUROBEATをフルサイズで網羅! !

『頭文字[イニシャル]D Fifth Stage』DVDの特典映像で流れる
CD未発表曲も多数収録!!

[収録内容]
『Fifth Stage』本編前半のバトルシーンで使用予定のSUPER EUROBEAT
『Fifth Stage』DVDの特典映像に収録予定の新曲SUPER EUROBEAT

1.DDD INITIAL D (MY CAR IS FANTASY) / MEGA NRG MAN
2.GAS GAS GAS / MANUEL
3.RUNAWAY / LEO RIVER
4.I WANT TO FEEL / DAVE RODGERS
5.BYE BYE GIRL / VIRGINELLE
6.ON YOUR WINGS / RICH HARD
7.I CAN'T STOP LOVIN' YOU / DREAM FIGHTERS
8.FULL METAL CARS / DANIEL
9.WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN / KEN BLAST
10.BREAKIN' OUT / ACE
11.COME ON BABY / FASTWAY
12.EYES OF SKY / VIVI
13.UP & DANCE, UP & GO / LOU MASTER
14.LIMOUSINE / MANUEL
15.ROCKIN' HARDCORE / FASTWAY

Fifth Stage D SELECTION Vol.1
AVCA-62121
2013/02/08
| Pre-Order |
» http://cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCA-62121 (Ships to USA and other countries worldwide.)
» http://amazon.co.jp/dp/B00A1X7TEG (Ships to Japan only.)

OST of the new season.

This post has been edited by Perry on Dec 27 2012, 01:09 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 9 2012, 11:38 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Interesting, won't that spoil the music used in the rest of the series? Or will Fifth Stage be over before this OST comes out?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
dj tomoe
  Posted: Nov 9 2012, 11:44 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 31,764

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 6 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
Interesting, won't that spoil the music used in the rest of the series? Or will Fifth Stage be over before this OST comes out?

Well, the album is Vol. 1 (full title didn't fit).
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 9 2012, 12:47 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (dj tomoe @ 1 hour, 2 minutes ago)

Oh, okay, that makes more sense.
Lebon14
Posted: Nov 9 2012, 01:06 PM

🎧

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (dj tomoe @ 1 hour, 21 minutes ago)

Fixed wink2.gif

Also, we can probably expect Gas Gas Gas and Runaway to appear on said soundtrack. CDJapan doesn't appear to have updated their catalogues to both include SEB221's new release date and this so...

But, still, I'm pre-ordering. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Todeshornisse
Posted: Nov 9 2012, 04:32 PM

SBK on Tour

Member No.: 11,698

Still hoping for new stuff.

I just checked my Runaway mp3. Created 2008?!?!
Lebon14
Posted: Nov 12 2012, 07:23 PM

🎧

Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection D Vol.1 up for pre-order!
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCA-62121

Just in case you guys are interessed!
Just a note that CDJapan made a mistake in the weight and number of discs. I noticed them about it as I noticed them about this release too (ans SEB 221).

EDIT

I feel kind of bad of copy-paste posts like this but, hey, I need to make the information as seen and available as possible!

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Nov 12 2012, 07:24 PM
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Nov 12 2012, 08:32 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

I will definitely be getting this. I Hope they release sound files too. Im liking them a lot this season.
Lebon14
Posted: Nov 13 2012, 10:48 PM

🎧

CDJapan just replied to me regarding the DVD. Apparently, "Someone misunderstood the description the record company supplied, but it does not include a DVD". So, yeah. 15 tracks CD only it seems.
Todeshornisse
Posted: Nov 14 2012, 03:31 PM

SBK on Tour

The tracklist would be interessting. But I think we will have to wait for that, huh?
Lebon14
Posted: Nov 14 2012, 05:02 PM

🎧

QUOTE (Todeshornisse @ 1 hour, 31 minutes ago)
The tracklist would be interessting. But I think we will have to wait for that, huh?

I heard that there will be new tracks.
I wonder if it has to do with the future SEB 221...
Perry
Posted: Nov 17 2012, 01:22 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Interestingly, the release date for this D SELECTION coincide with the air date of Episode 7 & 8. There are only two Eurobeat tracks used in Episode 1 & 2. Assuming there will be more actions in the episodes following and perhaps two new tracks every episode from here on. We will have 2 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 14 tracks including Episode 7 & 8. So yes, 15 tracks sounds about right, perhaps one of the episodes will have three new tracks. We'll have to wait and see.

Episode 1: Gas Gas Gas
Episode 2: Runaway
Episode 3: 2 New Tracks (Possibly +1)
Episode 4: 2 New Tracks (Possibly +1)
Episode 5: 2 New Tracks (Possibly +1)
Episode 6: 2 New Tracks (Possibly +1)
Episode 7: 2 New Tracks (Possibly +1)
Episode 8: 2 New Tracks (Possibly +1)
--------------------------------------------
15 tracks total.
Todeshornisse
Posted: Nov 18 2012, 05:48 AM

SBK on Tour

@Leoben
I don't know if this issue has even been discussed. But is ID really that dependent of the SEB series?

I always imagined that the writers/producers of the show pick songs directly from Eurobeat labels and not from the SEB pool of songs.
Lebon14
Posted: Nov 18 2012, 07:00 AM

🎧

Do you remember 4th Stage? There was quite a bit of songs that never made it onto SEB (except maybe nonstop versions). Off my mind, I can think of "Mission Impossible" by Nick Mansel, "Takumi" by Neo, "The Fire's On Me" by Spock... the list goes on. The thing is that, these days, new tracks aren't produced as much as they used to. Now, it's like, a song is produced then it ends up on SEB. That's the feeling I get anyway.

Between SEB 170 and 220, SEB's fanbase dcreased to an incredibly low-level. I heard that barely 500 albums (or something that low) were sold each month when they used to sell thousands of copies during the golden times. Initial D might just give the series a boost and I hope that the fact that SEB 221 comes and the first volume soundtrack of the CD coming two weeks of each other is a good sign for that. So far, there's no new material and I think that it's disturbing.
Todeshornisse
Posted: Nov 18 2012, 11:05 AM

SBK on Tour

Only 500? Ok, I would have never thought that. That gives me a whole other picture of the music.

We were always dubbed nerds listen to this "Italian music only sold in Japan" but I never imagined that we were that ... how do I say ... lonely?

Keeping my hopes also up that ID will change this course a little, but else this really sounds like that this genre is somehow dying. With this possibly the last stage of the series ... facepalm.gif
Lebon14
Posted: Nov 18 2012, 02:15 PM

🎧

I say 500 as an exemple but I remember the number being... very low. Eurobeat isn't as mainstream as it once was in Japan. Eurobeat is an underground genre now and we're still lucky though that there are indie labels still recording it. We are also lucky to still have Avex releasing material.
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 18 2012, 04:45 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 2 hours, 29 minutes ago)
We are also lucky to still have Avex releasing material.

There's a couple ways to tackle this statement. You could say "yes, we are lucky that Avex is still releasing material" because it's extremely unusual for a major record label to continue to press and market albums that don't sell at least in the thousands, let alone just a few hundred (unless it's an intentionally limited edition). Honestly, even I find that remarkable. But at the same time, I refuse to say that we're lucky because while Avex is an important company for eurobeat, it's still just a company. When you get down to it, it's not about whether Avex releases eurobeat or not, it's about whether eurobeat artists release eurobeat or not.

Frankly, it should not matter whether Avex stops releasing eurobeat, because it's not as if the artists are quitting their craft. Especially when you consider that only a few hundred units are being sold - the artists could probably print CDs themselves at that kind of stock level. Still, you'd be a fool not to understand Avex's importance in the eurobeat scene. It's about more than making CDs available, it's also about marketing and exposure. They do a decent job of it, but if I had to complain, I'd say they cater to the dedicated fanbase a little too much. Well, maybe I should word that differently. I'm pretty satisfied with how they stay true to the fans, but I think they should focus on gaining some new ones and expanding their market. I would suggest marketing to more diverse audiences internationally, but that would be a difficult task, even for a major label like Avex.

At any rate, Avex is still an important figurehead in eurobeat, since they are responsible for the world's longest-running music compilation series of all-time, but don't equate them with the artists themselves. Eurobeat will not die if Avex tosses SEB. If it does, that's not Avex's fault. Art wants an audience but the size of that audience will vary. Eurobeat can always continue to survive, but it will depend on how small an audience the artists are willing to accept in order to continue making it. Will they stay true to the art they've been making and not let the size of their audience determine whether or not they will continue to make their music? Or will they take the more vain and money-centric route of ceasing to produce something when it no longer sells? That's the big question I have. We'll see the answer when the time comes, but I hope it doesn't come for a long time.
Todeshornisse
Posted: Nov 19 2012, 07:18 AM

SBK on Tour

With SEB now returning and the ID on its way we can at least enjoy 2013. Maybe our discussion here will even end with everything coming back in a better way. I have my hopes up.
Lebon14
Posted: Nov 19 2012, 07:57 AM

🎧

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 8:45 PM)
There's a couple ways to tackle this statement. You could say "yes, we are lucky that Avex is still releasing material" because it's extremely unusual for a major record label to continue to press and market albums that don't sell at least in the thousands, let alone just a few hundred (unless it's an intentionally limited edition). Honestly, even I find that remarkable. But at the same time, I refuse to say that we're lucky because while Avex is an important company for eurobeat, it's still just a company. When you get down to it, it's not about whether Avex releases eurobeat or not, it's about whether eurobeat artists release eurobeat or not.

Frankly, it should not matter whether Avex stops releasing eurobeat, because it's not as if the artists are quitting their craft. Especially when you consider that only a few hundred units are being sold - the artists could probably print CDs themselves at that kind of stock level. Still, you'd be a fool not to understand Avex's importance in the eurobeat scene. It's about more than making CDs available, it's also about marketing and exposure. They do a decent job of it, but if I had to complain, I'd say they cater to the dedicated fanbase a little too much. Well, maybe I should word that differently. I'm pretty satisfied with how they stay true to the fans, but I think they should focus on gaining some new ones and expanding their market. I would suggest marketing to more diverse audiences internationally, but that would be a difficult task, even for a major label like Avex.

At any rate, Avex is still an important figurehead in eurobeat, since they are responsible for the world's longest-running music compilation series of all-time, but don't equate them with the artists themselves. Eurobeat will not die if Avex tosses SEB. If it does, that's not Avex's fault. Art wants an audience but the size of that audience will vary. Eurobeat can always continue to survive, but it will depend on how small an audience the artists are willing to accept in order to continue making it. Will they stay true to the art they've been making and not let the size of their audience determine whether or not they will continue to make their music? Or will they take the more vain and money-centric route of ceasing to produce something when it no longer sells? That's the big question I have. We'll see the answer when the time comes, but I hope it doesn't come for a long time.

I never said that Eurobeat was going to die without Avex. The problem isn't the Japanese following - that alone will provide Eurobeat for eternity. What I'm worried about is if the italians will still do Eurobeat without Avex. Of course, SCP, Dima, SinclaireStyle and Hi-NRG Attack are pretty sure to continue whatever the situation. The thing is that I fear that the Japanese are too-closed minded. They buy things within Japan and do things to be purchased within Japan and that reduces odds of them purchasing outside of Japan which can make selling digital and/or physical things difficult for the italian labels. And, that reduces the will to continue to do more music. You'll have to be real passionate to continue to do music under these circonstances and I hope the italian labels are still passionate enough to continue to do Eurobeat for us for a very long time, don't get me wrong.

P.S I might contradict myself in there @_@
Posted: Nov 30 2012, 03:07 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 35,561

MOVE at Singapore Raise up [LIVE]

Video: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/91303652-1750415832.html
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Dec 1 2012, 02:04 AM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

Cool thanks for sharing!!

It's up on youtube as well as an alternate link ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQrssbuIuQ
BurningRacer
Posted: Dec 26 2012, 05:36 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,861

1.DDD INITIAL D (MY CAR IS FANTASY) / MEGA NRG MAN (Super Eurobeat presents Mega NRG Man Special Collection Vol.6)
2.GAS GAS GAS / MANUEL (Super Eurobeat Vol. 181)
3.RUNAWAY / LEO RIVER (Super Eurobeat Vol. 191 ~Enjoy Your Drive~)
4.I WANT TO FEEL / DAVE RODGERS (D1 Grand Prix presents Tokyo Drift)
5.BYE BYE GIRL / VIRGINELLE (Super Eurobeat Vol. 218)
6.ON YOUR WINGS / RICH HARD (Super Eurobeat Vol. 218)
7.I CAN'T STOP LOVIN' YOU / DREAM FIGHTERS (Super Eurobeat Vol. 202)
8.FULL METAL CARS / DANIEL (Super Eurobeat Vol. 184)
9.WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN / KEN BLAST (Super Eurobeat Vol. 201)
10.BREAKIN' OUT / ACE (Super Eurobeat Presents Ace Special Collection, Vol. 1)
11.COME ON BABY / FASTWAY (Super Eurobeat Presents Fastway Special Collection Vol. 1)
12.EYES OF SKY / VIVI (Super Eurobeat Vol. 208)
13.UP & DANCE, UP & GO / LOU MASTER (Super Eurobeat Vol. 217)
14.LIMOUSINE / MANUEL (Super Eurobeat Vol. 207)
15.ROCKIN' HARDCORE / FASTWAY (Super Eurobeat Vol. 174)
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 26 2012, 05:40 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (BurningRacer @ 4 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
1.DDD INITIAL D (MY CAR IS FANTASY) / MEGA NRG MAN (Super Eurobeat presents Mega NRG Man Special Collection Vol.6)
2.GAS GAS GAS / MANUEL (Super Eurobeat Vol. 181)
3.RUNAWAY / LEO RIVER (Super Eurobeat Vol. 191 ~Enjoy Your Drive~)
4.I WANT TO FEEL / DAVE RODGERS (D1 Grand Prix presents Tokyo Drift)
5.BYE BYE GIRL / VIRGINELLE (Super Eurobeat Vol. 218)
6.ON YOUR WINGS / RICH HARD (Super Eurobeat Vol. 218)
7.I CAN'T STOP LOVIN' YOU / DREAM FIGHTERS (Super Eurobeat Vol. 202)
8.FULL METAL CARS / DANIEL (Super Eurobeat Vol. 184)
9.WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN / KEN BLAST (Super Eurobeat Vol. 201)
10.BREAKIN' OUT / ACE (Super Eurobeat Presents Ace Special Collection, Vol. 1)
11.COME ON BABY / FASTWAY (Super Eurobeat Presents Fastway Special Collection Vol. 1)
12.EYES OF SKY / VIVI (Super Eurobeat Vol. 208)
13.UP & DANCE, UP & GO / LOU MASTER (Super Eurobeat Vol. 217)
14.LIMOUSINE / MANUEL (Super Eurobeat Vol. 207)
15.ROCKIN' HARDCORE / FASTWAY (Super Eurobeat Vol. 174)

Where did you get that tracklist?
BurningRacer
Posted: Dec 26 2012, 05:52 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,861

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 11 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Where did you get that tracklist?

http://mv.avex.jp/initial/initial.html

And here is the cover
user posted image

This post has been edited by BurningRacer on Dec 26 2012, 06:00 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 26 2012, 07:08 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (BurningRacer @ 1 hour, 16 minutes ago)
http://mv.avex.jp/initial/initial.html

And here is the cover
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/514FssiHHFL.jpg

Wow, that's an... interesting cover.

4 Pages  1 2 3 »