Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Driver's Delight

Important Rules
Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,036  ·  Replies: 9 
> Deaf's sign language -> Misinterpreted by gang, Deaf Man Stabbed Over Sign Language
Steve
Posted: May 3 2011, 05:24 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,205

HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. - Sean Shuland and Alfred Stewart, both hearing impaired, were stabbed early Saturday morning after fellow club-goer Barbara Lee mistook their sign language for gang signs, police said.

Shuland, 33, and Stewart, 31, were exchanging signs while inside a South Florida nightclub. But Lee misinterpreted the sign language as gang signs, and began "throwing" them back to the two men, police say, according to CBS station WFOR.

The men signaled for Lee to leave, but the 45-year-old woman came back to the club, this time with Marco Ibanez, 18, and another juvenile, reports the station.

Police say just before 5 a.m. a fight ensued, ending with the two hearing impaired men being rushed to the hospital with stab wounds, the station reports.

Cristiansen Matthew, the club's security guard, was cut when Lee allegedly broke a champagne bottle and sliced his hand and head open with the sharp end, police stated in the arrest report.

Both Lee and Ibanez have been charged with aggravated battery. A juvenile suspect was also detained by police, the station reports.

Source : http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20058920-504083.html

Only charged aggravated assault Christ. I didn't know deaf people went to clubs. Just a bunch of people moving around in silence...
sideways
Posted: May 3 2011, 07:02 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,355

"The 45 year old woman came back to the club, this time with Marco Ibanez, 18"

b*tch is way too old to be doing this kind of shit- and dragging in 18 year old kids?
Saint
Posted: May 3 2011, 07:17 PM

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Member No.: 2,067

So what happened in the end? Anyone died?
Smikey
Posted: May 12 2011, 03:18 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

Two deaf men were stabbed in a Hallandale Beach bar Saturday night when another patron mistook their sign language for gang signs.

31-year-old Alfred Stewart, who is deaf and mute, and three others including a bouncer are recovering in hospital from non-fatal wounds suffered at the Ocean's Eleven Sports Lounge and Grill on Federal Highway, where Stewart and his friends were celebrating a birthday.

Police say Barbara Lee became angry when she thought Stewart's party, all of whom are deaf, were throwing gang signs at her.

The 45-year-old confronted Stewart and his friends and made gang signs to them. Witnesses say they motioned for the "aggressive" woman to leave them alone.

Instead, Lee left and then shortly returned to the bar with a juvenile and 19-year-old Marco Ibanez, who is accused of pulling out a knife and stabbing the men.

In the ensuing melee, the deaf men suffered stab wounds to the torso and back while the intervening bouncer whas struck on the head with a bottle.

Lee and Ibanez were taken into custody and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

SOURCE: http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Men-Stabbed-A...-121052729.html

What the f**k is wrong with people in this world? Are they that f**king stupid, I bet they feel like idiots now... but then again people who do shit like this probably are idiots in the first place.

sad.gif
Jardim
Posted: May 13 2011, 02:31 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

If your in a gang then your an idiot. IF you cant distinguish a deaf person talking in sing language from throwin up singz then your a retard. Seriously gangsters used to be so slick and always peform CYA, now there just out for the billz and the coke...
Tessou
Posted: May 13 2011, 07:25 AM

retired
Group Icon

Group: CULTIST
Member No.: 12,263

Dude, you need to work on your grammar. Unless you were being farcical, which I don't think you were... sad.gif laugh.gif No hard feelings, just an observation.

We have a deaf guy that comes by every month to do yardwork, and he's resorted to bringing a dry erase board with him when he needs to speak to me about stuff. We're in a predominantly black neighborhood and he doesn't want to get his sign language confused with gang signs, lest he end up shot to death for asking somebody for directions. biggrin.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Smikey
Posted: May 13 2011, 07:50 AM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

I used to ride the city bus home from High School and there was a guy who started talking to me but he was deaf and he had a notepad that we both wrote on to converse, dude was an avid gamer. He started talking to me while I was playing my GBA. I think he may have been gay and sort of attracted to me....but that is beside the point.
AzNMaVbOi
Posted: May 13 2011, 09:26 AM

Master of Tomatoes!

Member No.: 15,854

FYI, this topic is posted just a few threads down by Steve:

http://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=42959
Tessou
Posted: May 13 2011, 11:30 AM

retired
Group Icon

Group: CULTIST
Member No.: 12,263

Yeah, but I don't like reading what the police have to say. tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Jardim
Posted: May 15 2011, 01:18 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

QUOTE (Tessou @ May 13 2011, 10:25 AM)
Dude, you need to work on your grammar. Unless you were being farcical, which I don't think you were... sad.gif laugh.gif No hard feelings, just an observation.

We have a deaf guy that comes by every month to do yardwork, and he's resorted to bringing a dry erase board with him when he needs to speak to me about stuff. We're in a predominantly black neighborhood and he doesn't want to get his sign language confused with gang signs, lest he end up shot to death for asking somebody for directions. biggrin.gif

gangsters out there love to spell shit wrong on purpose, its ..cool?

Anyway i never was gramaticly inclined in terms of actual spellings but i do know the meanings and pronouciations of my big words and whatnot.

This post has been edited by Jardim on May 15 2011, 01:19 AM