Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Important Rules
Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 21,025  ·  Replies: 71 
> Super Eurobeat 205, July 7, 2010
7thgenvillain
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 07:42 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,525

Thanks for the upload.
EmilianoGT
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 07:55 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 33,959

QUOTE (KyonPalm @ Yesterday, 9:44 PM)
*link removed : admin reasons*

All I know is, *link removed : admin reasons*

OMG!!! Really thanks for this upload, now let's listen to this album to see what we got here! cool.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Nov 14 2010, 12:20 AM
awdrifter
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 12:47 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,255

Cool. Thanks for uploading.
Moogleknight101
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 09:38 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,813

Thanks a ton for the upload; definitely appreciate it. smile.gif
mushux
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 10:17 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 21,001

Thanks a bunch! You're freakin' awesome.

EDIT: Just for my opinion of the album so far, I think it's better than 203 and it blows 204 out of the water by far.

This post has been edited by mushux on Jul 10 2010, 11:23 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 10:46 AM

NO BLACK ★ NO LIFE
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (KyonPalm @ Yesterday, 1:44 AM)
All I know is, *link removed : admin reasons*

Oh, you magnificent bastard. I'm definitely adding a toast to you during tonight's festivities.

user posted image

Yeah, it's that awesome.

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Nov 14 2010, 12:20 AM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Oak
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 04:18 PM

Spicy Tofu

Member No.: 1,871

Yeah the album's not super amazing,

but the INSTRUMENTALS ARE FREAKIN AWESOME.

Thanks.
BeatBoy
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 07:30 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 35,575

This is really good album smile.gif Songs that I really enjoyed from this album are:

Dave Rodgers - The Race Is The Game
David Dima - Somebody To Love
Jay Lehr - Little Little Star
Cy-Ro - It's All Up To You
Radiorama - You Are Always On My Mind
Desire - Take A Look In My Heart
Hotblade - Plastic
powser
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 02:27 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 29,719

Hm. I really don't think this album is any much better than the previous 2. Then again this is coming from someone who thinks 196 was the best in the 19X series so yeah.

But thanks a lot for the share!!

This post has been edited by powser on Jul 13 2010, 02:28 AM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Rudy
Posted: Jul 14 2010, 02:53 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
beat freak
Posted: Jul 14 2010, 05:21 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 28,039

I usually enjoy a handfull of songs from these albums.
My favorite 3

Hotbalde
Dave Rodgers
Cy-Ro(Axel F- Crazy Frog)
Vicky Vale
Sarah(Delta's ,not Saifam)

The rest are putting me to sleep at one portion or another of the song.

I think SEB 206 will better than this one.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 14 2010, 10:07 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

After a relatively long wait (compared to the last few volumes), we finally have a new issue of Super Eurobeat... complete with controversial cover art!
Considering the amazing win streak SEB's been having lately (in my opinion), this should be another great volume...? Let's see what we've got this time.

01. Dave Rodgers - The Race Is The Game
Rating: 8.5/10

With a very eastern-style intro (that's either a shamisen or a koto, my ear's not trained enough to know) this song gets off to an energetic start.
Relatively bland riff, and the verse has typical Dave written all over it. The bridge is very very strong though in many ways, including Dave's trademark powerful vocals.
The chorus is nice and catchy, but still has some aggressive elements. Dave likes to make songs about racing and cars a lot, doesn't he?
The biggest and best part of this song for me are the vocals. Pasquini has seriously been lacking these last few years... as if he's not putting all his usual energy into it, but this track features some of his best vocals in a while, in my opinion.
Can't wait to hear this in the next season of Initial D, as I'm sure it'll be featured.

user posted image

~~~

02. Karen - Evergreen
Rating: 7.5/10

Pretty nice riff, and the bridge's melody is very great. So is the chorus, which (depending on how you listen to it) can be pretty catchy.
Karen's vocals are sharp as usual, and fit this song perfectly. I've always been a fan of Karen, but I much preferred I Know What You Like over this.
That's two different styles though, so it's unfair to compare them. This song is pretty good, and I like the picture the title painted in my mind while listening.

user posted image

~~~

03. Vicky Vale - Your Barbie Girl
Rating: 5/10

"Oh heck yeah, more Vicky Vale! Her last few songs have been amazing, I can't wait to check this out." You can guess how it went after I listened.
This song stinks, plain and simple. I hate to be so objective about it, but there's literally nothing interesting about this song anywhere in the riff, verse, bridge, chorus, or even the break.
And here's another case of racy lyrics for the sake of racy lyrics. "You made me liking my dress, making that mess" "Take off my clothes and play with me like your barbie girl" are two examples of lyrics with nothing to redeem them.
It's "bland Delta" style at it's worst. This song gets 5 points for production quality and Clara's vocals, which aren't bad.

user posted image

~~~

04. Hotblade - Plastic
Rating: 7.75/10

I sure love it when a eurobeat song comes along and actually says something, tells a story.
Joe Banana did it last volume with "Cataclysm Night," a song references the popular "2012 end of times" talk.
This song's making a statement about the fake side of society, and telling it well.
Nicely executed vocals, a great bridge, and the chorus is awesome too.

user posted image

~~~

05. Radiorama - You Are Always On My Mind
Rating: 10/10

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHH...
Whew, had a heart attack there. This is without a doubt one of the best intros of the decade. No, not the SEB decade, nor Kamen Rider decade, I mean this is one of the best intros in eurobeat made in ten years.
I fangasm'd all over the retro percussion used, but have to say I was very surprised to see this style from a name like Radiorama. They always tended to do darker, rougher songs (well, most of the time, at least - see ABCD.)
Each instrument in this song goes together beautifully, but there's actually one thing I would change about the riff, but I don't know how to describe what it is. I love the 3-note repeation with the bassline, but there's something I'd do to the last part of it (the bassline.)
Anyway, the riff is a breathtaking melody, and repeating it with the vocal samples takes it a step higher. The verse is kinda nice, and the bridge is amazing, especially with the use of the background vocals.
The first half of the chorus is bright and energetic, but the second half is truly something magical. The vocals are just so perfect, it's crazy. And it just gets better, because you get to hear that spectacular riff again!
This version is so much better than the original, I can't even believe it. More and more, Boom Boom Beat/SAIFAM/Asia/What-have-you is proving to be the best label of the SEB decade, for me.

user posted image

~~~

06. Ester - Nobody Loves Me Like You Do
Rating: 6.5/10

Very nice riff. I like that raw, speedy sound, and it's applied nicely here.
I'm not sure what I think of these vocals. They seem a bit off. Just not my style, I guess.
The bridge is pretty good, and so is the chorus, but not much more about this song is that great. The highlight, of course, is the synth riff.

user posted image

~~~

07. Jay Lehr - Little Little Star
Rating: 9/10

Now this song is very interesting! The sounds, the style, the mood, everything.
The riff isn't like most eurobeat riffs in that it was a bit mellow, and didn't feature enough percussion to make it as driving as most other riffs.
I love it a lot though, because it's bright, upbeat, and just plain sounds cool.
I'm a big hater of the musical atrocity that is known as the vocoder. Vocal aids are part of what killed pop music as we know it, so I'm always apprehensive when I hear them used.
That said, considering the dreamy mood and feel of this song, it actually compliments the sound. I never thought I'd like this effect.
The verse is so great, and the bridge is nice. The chorus takes it to a new level though, and I love the use of the background synths.
It's pretty driving, unlike the riff, so it actually makes the riff a sort of cooldown period. Very nice touch, and not one that many would think of.
I was pleasantly surprised by this song, and appreciate the originality very much, especially considering how well it was pulled off.

user posted image

~~~

08. Sara - Little Love
Rating: 7/10

"Jeez, what happened to Delta. Here's another slight disappointment" is what I first thought, but the more I listen to this song, the more I appreciate it's sound.
I love the riff a lot, and the verse is great. The chorus is pretty catchy too, and isn't half bad.
The riff is sort of a throwback to Delta's old style, which is pretty great, I think. Not much more to say about this song, except for that the background synths are really great.

user posted image

~~~

09. David Dima - Somebody To Love
Rating: 7.5/10

Well... that's a typical Dima aishu intro for you. Not much to say there.
Pretty good riff. The guitars are a nice touch. The chorus is very catchy, and Dima's vocals are great.
Great production quality, too. Can't think of much more to say about this track, but it's definitely good.

user posted image

~~~

10. Sarah - Little Lies
Rating: 6.5/10

Ah, more Boom Boom Beat! Amazing intro, as per usual for BBB.
This is a pretty good song to sit back and listen to. The chorus is very nice.
It's not too special a song though (at least for BBB, in my opinion), so I don't have more to say, sadly.

user posted image

~~~

11. Cy-Ro - It's All Up To You
Rating: 8/10

"HRG Attack? They've been pretty great so far. Please-please-please be sane... YES!"
First impression - DAT COWBELL. Good intro, good riff, great verse... but the bridge and chorus are wonderful. Very nice transition from bridge to chorus here.
I like how HRG Attack is putting the "extended" back in "extended mix." This track comes in just under 6 minutes, and most of their extendeds are around this length.
Surprisingly enough, Mr. Banana's vocals work well in a melodic song, and this is a good example.

user posted image

~~~

12. Mother And Father - Tend To My Wound Affectionately
Rating: LOL/10*

AHAHAHAHAHA OHOHOHOHOHO OHEHEHEHEHE OHUHUHUHU WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN. Gimme a sec, I need to catch my breath...
The lyrics... oh God the lyrics... this is going to go down in eurobeat history. What a joke...
Man, and some of us thought SCP was taking a childish turn with some of their songs... then comes this abomination, from SinclaireStyle!
I seriously SERIOUSLY hope this song was made for someone's kid, and wasn't the result of some illegal-substance-fuled brainstorm session, like I think it was.
Even "Internet Kills The Eurobeat Star" is better than this. Want to know why? No? I'm telling you anyway.
"Internet Kills" has one thing going for it that Boo Boo doesn't: humor. It was a decent satirical song. This... this is just plain silly.
Anyway, enough ranting. Worst song of the year, and we're only halfway through it, so you can see how confident I am in making that call so early.

*1 point for effort

user posted image

~~~

13. TRF - survival dAnce ~no no cry more~ <Dima>
Rating: 6.75/10

First impressions on this song are that this must have been a very eurobeat-sounding song to begin with, because if it weren't for the Japanese lyrics, I would have thought this were just another eurobeat song.
This is a pretty good, cheery song, and I like how extended this track is, at 6:18.
I really like the structure of J-Pop songs, and think it translates well to eurobeat, which is a style that can bring out some of the better points in songs like this.
A nicely done remix of a song (sadly) not quite to my tastes, as far as J-Pop goes. All the same, good job, Dima.

user posted image

~~~

14. Desire' - Take A Look In My Heart
Rating: 9/10
Note: This is a review of the 2010 remake, not the SEB Healing version, or the Bossa version.

Woohoo, another remix of an old Time song, finally! (Though this one was already covered in 2007 by "Vanity." I'm sensing a theme with the names... *wink-wink*)
And this one is done in a style I wouldn't have expected, being so far from the original - Disco.
VERY very great intro, and Elena's vocals are so top notch, I don't know why she wasn't picked for the original.
The bridge is absolutely amazing, and the chorus is spectacular, with a great beat and subtle bassline.
The synths compliment the mood nicely, and this is one of the best remakes/remixes of the year, for me. Shame it only lasts barely 4:10.

user posted image

~~~

TOTAL SCORE: 100/140

Best Song: Radiorama - You Are Always On My Mind
Worst Song: Mom And Dad - Kiss My Boo Boo

Final Thoughts:
After seeing some less-than-impressed reviews about this album, I was worried the streak was over, but thankfully I was wrong.
I can't believe we're only halfway through with the decade, and I can't wait to hear more!!

This post has been edited by Larry Butz on Jul 15 2010, 04:28 PM
mamorunl
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 01:07 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,137

First of all, thank you for the upload (or finding) of the album.

Second I want to say that I didn't like the album as much as 204 (which I even bought ohmy.gif )

I like:
* The race is the game - Dave Rodgers (but hey, I like Dave either way)
* Little little star - Jay Lehr (nice)
* Your barbie girl - Vicky Vale (yeah, weird song but I like it.. )
* Plastic - Hotblade (Nothing much to say about it, just a nice catchy song)

Now, as mentioned, the song "Kiss my Boo Boo".. well, what should I say. I think WTF is right in this case. Still, it sticks in your mind, so you cannot help but sing it all day long and everyone looks at you like you are some freak. JUST AWESOME biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mamorunl on Jul 20 2010, 01:12 AM
fikry
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 05:18 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 30,660

thank for the album.
grin2.gif grin2.gif grin2.gif
BAKA_RED
Posted: Aug 3 2010, 09:48 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 15,019

Larry is my new hero.
meis
Posted: Aug 6 2010, 08:32 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 33,218

I wonder when the lyrics are available or it will no longer be here... it has already been a month since its released date...
mamorunl
Posted: Aug 7 2010, 02:04 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,137

QUOTE (meis @ Yesterday, 8:32 PM)
I wonder when the lyrics are available or it will no longer be here... it has already been a month since its released date...

Lyrics were found in the Album Art section of the link posted on the previous page smile.gif

Or just click (or copy n paste) the above and it takes you directly smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Nov 13 2010, 03:16 PM
SEB 205
Posted: Aug 8 2010, 06:48 PM

Super Eurobeat 205

Member No.: 36,068

Album Cover Art, Lyrics, and Extras - 300dpi -
(Click to Enlarge)

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Downloads - CBR 320kbps q0 LAME -
(Right Click to Save As)

NEW TRACKS ------------------------
  1. THE RACE IS THE GAME / DAVE RODGERS
  2. EVERGREEN / KAREN
  3. YOUR BARBIE GIRL / VICKY VALE
  4. PLASTIC / HOTBLADE
  5. YOU ARE ALWAYS ON MY MIND / RADIORAMA
  6. NOBODY LOVES ME LIKE YOU DO / ESTER
  7. LITTLE LITTLE STAR / JAY LEHR
  8. LITTLE LOVE / SARA
  9. SOMEBODY TO LOVE / DAVID DIMA
  10. LITTLE LIES / SARAH
  11. IT'S ALL UP TO YOU / CY-RO
  12. KISS MY BOO BOO / MOM AND DAD

J-EURO REMIX ------------------------
  13. survival dAnce ~no no cry more~ <DIMA REMIX> / TRF

BONUS TRACK ------------------------
  14. TAKE A LOOK IN MY HEART / DESIRE'

<RAR FILE>

Notice To Leechers
The current requirement is somewhere between 50 to 100 posts or 6-month membership. If you are not motivated enough to make that many posts or wait that long, consider donating for the cause - http://idforums.net/index.php?act=donate Your account will be automatically exempted from the requirements when you donate $5 or more through that link. Whether you choose to make meaningful posts or donate, your actions will help the project further. Thank you !!

Album Purchase Instructions
If you are a member of the forums, you are eligible to purchase this album for 50% off the original price. It will be $16.00 (including shipping & handling) shipped to your door by USPS First-Class Mail. If you live oversea, please contact Perry for further inquiry. In the event that no one is interested, the album will go on eBay for $21.50 (free shipping) with the Buy-It-Now option.

Special Note
Sorry for the delay of this release. There has been some technical difficulties with the album art scanning. MSRP (Music Section Revival Project) is now accepting donation of computer scanner that is compatible with Windows 7. If you have a spare one laying around and want to help IDW out, please contact Perry for further details. Thank you very much!

For all further inquiries, please consult with Perry.
meis
Posted: Aug 9 2010, 03:02 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 33,218

Thanks a bunch for the upload and your incessant endeavors as well~
fikry
Posted: Aug 9 2010, 06:05 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 30,660

thank for the album art...
grin2.gif grin2.gif grin2.gif
Ronnie
Posted: Aug 10 2010, 01:22 AM

桜兔

Member No.: 22,053

I was after the album art thanks! I was getting worried you would never upload the CD oh well great to have it, thanks again!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Fad
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 01:59 PM

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 7,924

This is the reason why I still buy Attack tracks...I hate slow stuff normally sad.gif

Kiss my Boo Boo is my favourite track....what about that.

This post has been edited by Fad on Sep 30 2010, 02:02 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3