Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Final Stage) Nuage - Crazy Little Love

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

30 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 78,379  ·  Replies: 733 
> IDAS5 Technical Thread, Temporary Tech Discussion Thread
hahariz
  Posted: Mar 20 2009, 07:12 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,601

Just because.

So how do I attack Nagao in general? Is it impossible to hit last gear in that course?

In my first few play through, I find it easy to drift with AWD but not so much with FR. It just swing a lot. Then again, Im using stock car. And the (deep) gutter really kill your speed.
Rei.G
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 07:25 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,210

I find nagao the hardest map to play. youtube it.
i spend some effort on nagao but my timings doesnt improve much as compare to other courses.
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 02:56 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

its the hardest track imo.

theres only 1 section where its hard to not hit the wall i think... but thats because most of us are still new and our cars are stock.

i hit 5th gear 2-3 times on the course so yes its very possible.

i think the difference between a stock car and a full tune is huge in this version.
Fuzz
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 04:12 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

Most corners with gutters needs to be taken at 2nd gear, the wider ones can be taken at 3rd gear. I use a 5gear car and only used it twice in the whole map run and it was only for a short while. Its for the 2 long straights 1/3 and 2/3 of the map. Also a few corners can be taken at 3rd gear but u just need to step on the gas to help you corner it.

I know this doesnt help much as it doesnt identify which corners but all maps you will need to play and memorise it to really play well or improve. I drive an FD and a guy once tried playing a TA with my car (1/3 tuned). He couldnt beat my time because he usually drives an AWD and he commented that the handling was different as his AWD was more stable. It may also be that his Evo is FT but that just shows that each car needs to be driven differently depending upon whether its FR, FF or AWD

I think I've got 3:30 for both inbound and outbound Nagao. See what times i get when i get more used to it and more tuned.
maverick_evo
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 04:27 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,531

but i used MRS on nagao n mayb the car is small so is easier to take corners but make sure u dnt hit the deep gutter...

i still prefer the roller coaster corner...

over all hard but fun map to play wif.... just too bad no card yet.... dumb ass arcade boss....
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 04:45 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

I've known I've asked this many times, but no one has responded.
Can someone test out the Efini RX-7 and RZ and compare the two for me? Thanks.
I currently have a FTed Efini from 4 and I'm contemplating on whether or not to scrap it for an RZ. Obviously, if the Efini is better, I'll stick with it, but if the RZ is better, I MAY scrap it for the RZ. Thanks a lot.
Gunma's 34
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 05:29 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

I think you mean the RS, not the RZ...
I don't wanna explain the differences in reality/general... just Wiki it... The RS resembles the Spirit R in some way...

Weird. When I checked the IDAS official site, did I just see the RS already equipped with a ROLL CAGE!?
maverick_evo
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 05:50 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,531

but i prefer RS. cant tell the diff as i dnt have a card yet....
DarK_Mini
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 05:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,060

Why dont you guys just save your money and spend it when you guys get cards LOL.
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 06:05 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ 35 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
I think you mean the RS, not the RZ...
I don't wanna explain the differences in reality/general... just Wiki it... The RS resembles the Spirit R in some way...

Weird. When I checked the IDAS official site, did I just see the RS already equipped with a ROLL CAGE!?

That's in real life... I wanna know the performance in the game.
-ShinRei-
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 06:07 PM

The Legendary R Master

Member No.: 29,882

I think it's better to make another than scraping it? ermm2.gif
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 06:20 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Eh, I don't see the point in having two FDs... But that's just me.
*j*j*
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 08:43 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

@jerry > i think till now after getting the V5 for 3 days n in Sing bout nearly 2 weeks is still hard to say which car is good between RS n Efini ... many of us r stil trying to figure how to play it ...

btw in the Jap Exp V5 u have to buy new card n cars n tune again ...

u can't transfer your V4 to V5 so is better u start of with a new car of your choice n learn how to play it coz is totally a whole new game now ...
BDDEE@
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 09:05 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

it will be good if jap v4 cards transfer to v5 exp ... my friend has a fc in japanese version but he only got upto b3 rank because he didnt play much
*j*j*
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 09:43 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (BDDEE@ @ 38 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
it will be good if jap v4 cards transfer to v5 exp ... my friend has a fc in japanese version but he only got upto b3 rank because he didnt play much

hey BEN i think till now no 1 here have the V4 japs version if not v whd try it out ourselves n inform U ... to bad that Sato didnt have(buy V4 card) it when he went bk to japan ...

dont worry juz ask ur friend to try it out when the V5 Exp comes to ur place no harm trying ... smile.gif
BDDEE@
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 09:45 PM

IDW Goldmember

we probably wont get it for a few weeks .. ah well
hahariz
  Posted: Mar 20 2009, 09:47 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

@Those who replied to my question
Thanks. I've seen the vid and it seems that I was doing it wrong. I used a 6 gear car but most of the time I was using 2nd gear. Must be the gear calibration glitch. :\

Gonna try it again next week and hopefully the machine are fixed and the cards have arrived.

Also what would be the best car for Nagao in your opinion?
*j*j*
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 09:50 PM

IDW Goldmember

@hahariz > i told the tech in MINES to do the reset earlier juz remind them again if not than u have to come n play it in TS ... is HELL of a diff with the correct setting believe me ... btw bout the course car for nagao i think u shd try to search ur self in the jap ranking site ....

hmmm dunno if m gng to TS later ... reli wanna play but no cards juz mk me feel not to waste my money but my hands r so itching for some actionsssss ......
hahariz
  Posted: Mar 20 2009, 09:53 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Haha thanks. I was about to ask them to do it yesterday but I didnt see any technicians around. You saved me some trouble.

But going to TS, it's a bit too far from me since currently my resident is at Kajang and Cyberjaya. :\

Also can you link me to the Japanese IR?

This post has been edited by hahariz on Mar 20 2009, 09:54 PM
*j*j*
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 09:57 PM

IDW Goldmember

http://sega-initiald.net/inid5/p/ranking/index.html

here u go n i think u shd ask the tech in MINES to refer to their TS tech coz they shd teach them how to do it ... good luck
hahariz
  Posted: Mar 20 2009, 10:01 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Ok then. Thanks for the link too.
TougeSpirit
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 10:25 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,759

Wait, so if Jap V4 doesn't transfer to V5 export, what does this bode for guys like me in the US when it'll eventually get over here as the international version? I sure hope our V4 cards will transfer (I have a few tongue.gif)
BDDEE@
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 10:27 PM

IDW Goldmember

there doesnt seem to be an international version
Bu`DoNg
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 10:57 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,286

yea. since most places are now havin the EXP ver.

i hv a japanese ver card. bought by a friend as a gift to me.. but didnt really try to convert.

we cant really compare which fd is better.. the game is still pretty new. but imo, jus pick the car which u are comfortable in.
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 12:22 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

rofl ae86 is raping akina.

played a bit today think bunta runs like 3'25 when u finish story mode once, i cant beat him yet i do like 3'27, i need to watch some video's but there doesnt seem to be any time attack ones, the boost battle vids are no good.

btw i dont think u can edit player faces at all, must be an online feature only this time lol.

30 Pages  1 2 3 »