Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing D. R. , Mega NRG Man - Night Fever

11 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 87,930  ·  Replies: 262 
> [Fanfic turned Original story] SPEED LEGEND Z!!, Release: VG 3.3 - NOW WITH LIP ANIMATIONS
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Dec 14 2007, 06:10 AM

The R34's chosen one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,787

I just finished my whole series sort of alike to initial D - Speed Legend.
It's my own story but unlike Initial D, street racers in my series are damn young!
around 18 to 20 starting.
The hero in my series never started out as a really great driver, he was a total noob when it comes to street racing. In fact, he's just a spectator most of the time before he held the wheel of his NISSAN S14 SILVIA K's Aero (S14_2). Luckily, he adapts quick.
But, his primary car is a NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R V-SPEC2 R34.
The story is great! I've received good comments, reviewes and orders from my school mates & teammates. I hope there will be some who are interested with my work. I'll post some images soon.

see our team profile: Team Noyzee tribe also. and send us an e-mail! grin2.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
edited: 3/1/2009

The story is titled (as said above) Speed Legend.

PREFACE:

It's the story of a normal late teen-aged boy who was fond of racing in general but never gave the chance to experience it by himself. When he reached the proper age, he tried it and met his first high-skilled opponent while driving down Myogi's DH in a aged Nissan S14 aero K's. Through that rival, who was named as the undefeated Myogi's Knight, he improves drastically and realizes his talent at this. Every race he takes, which looks impossible or discriminating, his talent starts to bloom and after his big debut at Myogi, which ended up being his home course, word has spread and expects him to visit their home courses for a challenge to see how great the kid is. The once-defeated Myogi Knight, who turned out to be Kyosuke Katsumaru; well known around the Northern Kantou, would help him realize this moment even if in the end they'd still be bitter rivals.

Side stories include love and comedy in moderate amounts in the story. The hero, Tomogashi Kitsumoro, would soon figure out what to do with this unforseen talent that he just realized; whether he'd go pro or leave it as just a small part of him. He takes a choice and begins his glory only to see that his uncanny ability to adapt real quick on the roads would lead him to a place in the legend.

The rest would take place around the Northern Kantou Region, where a new generation of drivers would dominate one another and race after the spot to become one of the youngest legendary drivers.
--------------------------------------------------

The rest would be explained by comic series.
The prologue is posted and it would give you an idea of the character's inner driver.

Enjoy as you follow along the legend!

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on May 12 2014, 11:06 PM
Meteor
Posted: Dec 14 2007, 06:49 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Hmm. So he's a rich kid that owns both an S14 and an R34 GT-R and can adapt at an extraordinary pace?

Well. I can't judge something without seeing it first. Seeing as you claim others enjoyed it, I'm interested in this.

So do post up those pics smile.gif

BTW, your sig is over the limit.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Dec 14 2007, 06:51 AM
Tessou
Posted: Dec 14 2007, 10:09 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Text alone won't sate my hunger, man. Scan some examples up so we can see what you've done!

And, like Meteor said above, your signature is exceeding the height limit of 200 pixels. You need to edit it so that it conforms to the limits... or a moderator will do it for you along with a fine verbal warning.

This post has been edited by Tessō on Dec 14 2007, 11:28 AM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Dec 16 2007, 06:59 AM

The R34's chosen one

Thanks for the warning Tessō. I'm working on that. and yeah! I'll post images of them real soon! Hey, I'm just a student... a high school student, okay? so don't expect too much. And plus, it's merely in lead. I only have time to color two volumes. the rest are lead but are good. Look out for comic shots of them soon! I'll post em' I promise.
I still have a quarterly exam so it might take a while. Wait for them at the 22nd of December.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Dec 26 2007, 11:23 PM

The R34's chosen one

Sorry. I'm not done with the pics yet. But I am almost done and ready to post 'em. Just a little photoshop left to detail. Anyway, additional info on the story outline:

No! He's not a rich kid

He happens to get his GT-R by chance... as a gift... from a rival... note: he's a fair player. he didn't internally wreck the R34.

As for his S14, it was a birthday gift from some guy when he was just 15; a guy whom he does not know fear2.gif . Obviously he didn't get his license yet so it just lays around his garage for 3 years or so. shifty2.gif

He's just a high school student so his racing style is very mediocre at first.
and more if you guys are interested. grin2.gif

P.S. I'll be posting the prologue AFTERMATH. So... it's more of after the characters are introduced.
Seriously, don't expect too much like a ID Fourth Stage drawing. dry.gif

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Dec 26 2007, 11:42 PM
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Mar 31 2008, 10:00 PM

The R34's chosen one

forgive me for the long wait! here! This is Speed Legend Prologue part 1!
part 1 because the total is 40+ pages and these are just 20... anyway, here they are in chronological order...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Let me know...
don't just focus on the drawing...
i did the drawing a year ago.
and got lazy on inking them... forgive me. grin2.gif

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Apr 12 2008, 03:00 AM
Meteor
Posted: Apr 1 2008, 02:28 AM

Quite a good start. But there are a few issues.
1.What the hell? Drifting isn't as simple as just moving your limbs in co-ordination with each other (explained later in this post). And the whole "a single mishap'll kill ya" line seems a little too dramatic.
2.Lexus doesn't exist in Japan (just like how Acura doesn't exist in Japan). So the conversation about whether the Altezza was a Toyota or a Lexus shouldn't be here.
3.How does a "n00b" who "never started out as a really great driver" perform zero-countersteer drifts like that? (16)

And, I'll explain to you what I find wrong with the drift parts.
1.Even if you moved your hands and feet in co-ordination, that wouldn't immediately perfect the drift. Moving your limbs in co-ordination with each other isn't a super technique. It's a basic and always required technique. Without it, you can't even perform a low-speed E-brake drift right. It is certainly important for a driver to be able to do this, but it alone won't suddenly turn them into super drifters.
2.What's up with the countersteer? I'd understand if they were putting on a show. But if they're trying to race as fast as possible, they shouldn't be putting in that much countersteer (In an FR, more countersteer+throttle=greater angle=slower speed. The only exception is with the scandinavian flick)
3.The lead character is evolving far too fast. From simply powersliding to suddenly performing zero-countersteer drifts inches away from the inside wall. And it takes a lot of skill to perform a zero-countersteer drift like that. One has to be quite good at braking; shifting the weight to the front tires and slowing the car down while keeping just enough speed left. The steering has to be precise too as well as when the driver stops braking, where he/she goes zero-throttle and where he/she applies throttle for the entry to be successful. Then, the driver has to constantly manage the throttle. Keeping the car from gaining too much angle but at the same time keeping the slide going. And that's just the entry to apex. The exit requires precision as well.

But other than that, it's a great story. Keep it up smile.gif
MattW
Posted: Apr 1 2008, 02:34 AM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

The roofs, they are too short!
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Apr 2 2008, 05:57 AM

The R34's chosen one

to MattSAF1, didn't you read the previous post? don't expect much from the drawing standpoint. I'm just a student. okay? no hard feelings...

You got me there Meteor. I forgot to mention this is part-fiction so anything unanimous to the real thing, I could twist things a bit... sort of like a game or a low grade simulation...

as for your comments, it's a good analysis, for a critic post. I commend you for that. laugh.gif

anyway my own opinions for the first 3 comments, if you don't mind...

1. the lead character is a kid. so hearing that from another kid, who's a pro & well known at Myogi, would seem as a special kind of thing for him. Most of the people who read this at my school are powersliders and little kids este Initial D anime fans.
the lead character has the talent. an unconscious talent so OBVIOUSLY, he doesn't know about it at first. it's like walking. if you're the type who walks fast, you're at your destination quickly without you knowing it. again, unconscious talent.
and I don't seem to get the "i'll kill ya" mishap you're talking about. mind if you tell me where (which page) exactly? then I'll follow that comment up. grin2.gif

2. the girl's (Rikona's) father bought the car and her father goes abroad most of the time (that's why I didn't show the father at all). if there would be a side story (not mentioned) to this, it could be this: rolleyes.gif
The father went to Europe or the States. He saw a good looking car, the Lexus IS (Altezza). He decides to buy one for her daughter at Japan. He checks the web for anything about it and was unhappy of how the Altezza looks compared to it's foreign twin, the IS. He buys what looks good on the IS for the altezza when he buys one when he comes home at a local "pimping" shop or a shop that sells car surplus accessories. When he came home, he bought the altezza at some prefecture, placed the accessories and screwed the removed parts or kept them for himself. OR the dad just likes european interior design than ordinary japanese interior. The dad has an eye on the interior material.

3. like at number 1. He has the pure talent. He doesn't know it. as in 100% I-have-no-idea-type of attitude. he'll realize it sooner. in the latter part of the series. There are 17 other pocket-sized volumes to follow after this. this is just a prologue.
Oh, yeah; he has the supernatural sense of adapting to any situation; now this is the fiction part. Sort of like Initial D's takumi when he easily adapted to the gum tape deathmatch.
Meteor
Posted: Apr 2 2008, 06:18 AM

and I don't seem to get the "i'll kill ya" mishap you're talking about. mind if you tell me where (which page) exactly? then I'll follow that comment up.

I was talking about the part where the pro was telling Tomo about moving his limbs in co-ordination. It seemed a bit too dramatic. There would be injuries from the crash, but I don't think the crash from a mistake during drifting would kill the driver (unless he fell off a cliff or something, and the guardrails aren't that fragile so I don't see that happening)

Anyway, as I said. It's a great story, so keep at it.
ankitredevil
Posted: Apr 3 2008, 05:39 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,437

this is great..keep it up.. smile.gif..ur drawings r really gud too.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Apr 10 2008, 11:59 PM

The R34's chosen one

Sorry for the wait again...
think that's not enough?
how did Hiroto and Takeshi finish their battle?
Is the match between Tomo and Kyo gonna continue?
wait no further, here's part 2 of the Prologue.
page 21 onwards!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

But it's not over. If I have time again, I'll post the last part of the prologue.
I'm not gonna spoil everything though. fear2.gif I'll just post THIS prologue.
There are still 19+ more battles in my story... w00t2.gif
Gizmo
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 01:18 AM

W00t!

Member No.: 6,139

Loving this! youve sorta made my day, been scouring the net for a Fan-Fic for an Anime project ive been wanting to work on, mite give it a shot
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Apr 12 2008, 02:50 AM

The R34's chosen one

QUOTE (Gizmo @ Yesterday at 1:18 AM)
Loving this! youve sorta made my day, been scouring the net for a Fan-Fic for an Anime project ive been wanting to work on, mite give it a shot

Just remember that IT'S my work. I posted these pages because I want to share this to the world... my racing story... what's the following art to MY INITIAL D...
it's like my OWN preview of the next D stage. smile.gif
I really like the way on how you reacted to this comic of mine... happy.gif
I never get this "intense" praise abroad.... w00t2.gif
thanks anyway...
I hope others who view this would think of this art the same way as you did... grin2.gif
Meteor
Posted: Apr 12 2008, 03:41 AM

I'm still waiting for all the images to load. But from what I've seen so far, it's still going great. Keep it up. smile.gif

The writing is good, as is usual. A little comedy always helps. And a small bit of romance is good too. The new Retractable Tiptronic Manumatic does feel a bit over-the-top, but at the same times adds to the story.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Apr 12 2008, 03:42 AM
Tessou
Posted: Apr 13 2008, 08:44 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ Yesterday at 6:50 AM)
Just remember that IT'S my work. I posted these pages because I want to share this to the world... my racing story... what's the following art to MY INITIAL D...
it's like my OWN preview of the next D stage. smile.gif

Yes, we get it. It's YOURS and YOU made all of it so nobody steal it or YOU'LL stab them with a rusty spork, which is probably also YOURS as well so don't steal that either kthxbai.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Cappuccino, 2 sugars
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 04:07 PM

Laugh Now, Laugh Later

Member No.: 28,161

nice job! my skills at drawing suck so i could never do something like this crying2.gif
zomg
Posted: Apr 20 2008, 09:30 AM

BOFH

Member No.: 4,409

Nice indeed. I particularily liked the "camera angles" - they are quite clever and dynamic, and make the scenes more interesting looking.

If you want to improve, I'd suggest you work on typesetting - while the text is readable, it is a bit difficult at times when the letters are close to each other and the words curve a bit etc.

I have horrible handwriting btw wink2.gif

This post has been edited by zomg on Apr 20 2008, 09:32 AM
fettman53
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 10:05 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,717

The images don't load on my computer...I just get the red "X" that means "you and your sucky internet connection are not worthy of seeing this picture..."

There are a lot of red X's....... blink.gif
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Apr 21 2008, 08:40 PM

The R34's chosen one

QUOTE (fettman53 @ Today at 10:05 AM)
The images don't load on my computer...I just get the red "X" that means "you and your sucky internet connection are not worthy of seeing this picture..."

There are a lot of red X's....... blink.gif

Try logging on an internet cafe... and see this thread again
or refresh your web settings... (right click, refresh or reload)
works everytime...
you just need to be patient...
there are currently around 36 pages all in all...
ALL SHORT BOND SIZES so of course it'll take long...
try it and tell me what you think once all pics load on yours... wink2.gif
Chiba_FC
Posted: Apr 25 2008, 08:19 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 18,745

Wow! you are doing a good job. I especially like your car drawings. keep it up cool.gif
Import_Lexus
Posted: Apr 26 2008, 11:22 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 22,550

awesome job, keep it up wink2.gif
MîGüÊl
Posted: May 3 2008, 06:53 PM

I <3 The AE86

Member No.: 24,425

QUOTE (MattSAF1 @ Apr 1 2008, 02:34 AM)
The roofs, they are too short!

rolleyes.gif you people are too picky, i love the comics man nice work, hell, i dont have time or skill to do that, and someone that has more skill and time than me, props to you man, keep doing what you do smile.gif
Gunma's 34
  Posted: May 3 2008, 08:41 PM

The R34's chosen one

Here's the last portion of my comics!
A conclusion to the Battle Between Tomo and Myogi knight's Kyo Katsumaru...
And a sort of, what I call, mood maker for those who are not satisfied with the ending and want more or wants to know the ending to this unfinished ending...
anyway... less small talk, here it is!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The driver of the Z is obvious... Tomo just didn't pay attention to it after his race so he has no Idea who it was at Akina/Haruna when he followed his crush's Altezza...
And that's the prologue for ya!
Oh! and the Tomo vs Hiroto battle...
i'll ask my friend to post the battle on youtube...
I used my old PS1 GAME - TOGUE MAX 2
Silver S14 vs FD...
as of now... enjoy the last portion of this prologue grin2.gif
Poznanman
Posted: May 4 2008, 07:21 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,438

Rad comic Mate!!! Looking forward to more in the future!! Keep up the good work.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

11 Pages  1 2 3 »