Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 12 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Driving Energy

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

80 Pages  « 75 76 77 78 79 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 86,298  ·  Replies: 1,995 
> Street Fighter 4, Capcom: Prepare Yourself

Where/how do you play SF4?
Arcade [ 21 ]  [22.34%]
PS3 [ 32 ]  [34.04%]
Xbox360 [ 41 ]  [43.62%]
Total Votes: 94
Guests cannot vote 
[ Mizerok ]
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 08:31 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,237

We've known that that PS3 was inferior for quite some time now, but 2 frames is far too much, that makes the timing for almost anything that people do highend completely different from one console to the next, completely ruining the game for XBOX users going to EVO/etc where there are not any XBOX's, whack... is the word I am thinking of.

Long time cross-console players can feel this though, even down to a single frame, given the knowledge and experience taken from audio queue's, it's shockingly obvious =\

This post has been edited by [ Mizerok ] on Aug 10 2010, 08:33 AM
Möbius
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 08:33 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today, 1:16 AM)
No offense, but IMHO this seems like a waste of time to record all this... Jeez, just enjoy the game...

^ Here's a casual SF player. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
[ Mizerok ]
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 08:39 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ 5 minutes, 45 seconds ago)

Indeed, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edit: By we btw, I mean friends of mine and myself. So much game playing and video/audio editing, and just soaking yourself in frame data, and blah blah blah, you can literally feel that there's an issue. Nice to know that it's 2 frames, and that there is proof, even though you can "feel" it. Word.
Möbius
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 08:43 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE ([ Mizerok ] @ 3 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
Indeed, and there's nothing wrong with that.

There is when said casual player says research on frame data is pointless and tells us to "just enjoy the game". cool.gif
[ Mizerok ]
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 08:46 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ 3 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
There is when said casual player says research on frame data is pointless and tells us to "just enjoy the game". cool.gif

It's his perspective of gaming (opinion in other words), if you're not mature enough to understand that people see things in different ways, than I suppose that there might be an issue with it, but just for you tongue.gif

I fully understand the need for "casual" gamers in the industry though, and welcome them with open arms! Just don't expect me to cater to you tongue.gif
Möbius
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 08:53 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE ([ Mizerok )
,6 minutes, 37 seconds ago] It's his perspective of gaming (opinion in other words), if you're not mature enough to understand that people see things in different ways, than I suppose that there might be an issue with it, but just for you tongue.gif

I fully understand the need for "casual" gamers in the industry though, and welcome them with open arms! Just don't expect me to cater to you tongue.gif

I am mature enough to see when people have an opinion that is not well-informed.

He wasn't mature enough to consider the implications before posting a really misinformed opinion of it being a "waste of time", and you're not mature enough to not call me out. cool.gif

It's not like one has to be a tourney level player to be able to differentiate between the versions.

EDIT: Is there a problem with casual players? Heck no, don't get me wrong. We need more people to play 2D fighters so they have more sales. Just don't come up and say "just enjoy the game" when you don't even know what you are talking about. wink2.gif

Or would we rather go down the "the japanese version is less laggy" nonsense when talking about the arcade version of SF4? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Apex Carver on Aug 10 2010, 09:08 AM
BOZZ
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 10:58 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ 2 hours, 24 minutes ago)

Well that's true (I am a casual SF4 guy), but Deap has also posted up videos regarding other games and how one has slightly better graphics or whatever... Just get over it and enjoy the game... Then again, I guess there are people out there like that Daigo guy who take fighting games very seriously as a sort of pseudo-sport...

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Aug 10 2010, 11:18 AM
CoastalmixX
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 01:56 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ 5 hours, 3 minutes ago)
EDIT: Is there a problem with casual players? Heck no, don't get me wrong. We need more people to play 2D fighters so they have more sales. Just don't come up and say "just enjoy the game" when you don't even know what you are talking about. wink2.gif

This.

MrDeap your findings are important but that's evident in the 23k views you've already received (esp with a majority from Japan and S Korea). This could probably change future tournaments.

This post has been edited by CoastalmixX on Aug 10 2010, 01:57 PM
Mr Deap
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 04:14 PM

It's not Exclusive

Member No.: 9,806

I've taken yoda dip JP clip & found out about his 240fps Casio Exilim footage.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/20100810#1281451296

He mesured 5.6 frames 360 version on his LCD while on the PS3 he mesured 6.7 frames. Though, it's based on average.

I putted 2 tries of his 720P clip
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8pBAIhK7rA )

I plan to retry again with my LG W2253 along with more obvious cabling again in 1080P60 to found out & sync in a way so the screen doesn't go off sync during recording.

It's more about finding the exact delay of difference.

60fps version again can compatible with Virtualdub:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5AEA7TX5

If you follow the whole of M.Bison animation you clearly see 2 frames of difference on Yoda Dip JP clip while he swing. You see his punch half way but in the end it's between 1 & 2 frame.

This post has been edited by Mr Deap on Aug 10 2010, 04:23 PM
Möbius
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 04:58 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 6 hours, 0 minutes ago)
Well that's true (I am a casual SF4 guy), but Deap has also posted up videos regarding other games and how one has slightly better graphics or whatever... Just get over it and enjoy the game... Then again, I guess there are people out there like that Daigo guy who take fighting games very seriously as a sort of pseudo-sport...

You know, reiterating your opinion which was proven to be misinformed by a couple people already is borderline trolling.

This is not a display issue, it has game changing properties. cool.gif
BOZZ
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 07:23 PM

Btw Mr. Deap, are you going to follow any of the suggestions posted about testing using CRTs and composite cables? Btw, why are you using a monitor only in your tests rather than an actual HDTV?
Mr Deap
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 07:49 PM

It's not Exclusive

Member No.: 9,806

Well I would do it, but my friend doesn't seem to be in hurry to show up. whistling.gif
You know that no one would borrow a TE stick & SSFIV especially when that friend is currently playing with it.

He said tomorrow. But I will do it ASAP as I can.

You know I'm biased toward the XBOX 360 & my friend who let me use his stick know it too. It is indeed a difficult situation, especially when I did the test in front of him, edited & all on front of him tool & only play on PS3. shifty2.gif

Well I will do it with a SDTV, but I will warn you that the scaler is different on both system & it give terrible jaggies on the PS3 even before I do the test.
BOZZ
Posted on Aug 10 2010, 09:48 PM

Seems like your Youtube video was also posted on n4g and other sites, like Dual Shockers.

@Apex: I guess you're right for those who play the game seriously, and do not play it casually.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Aug 10 2010, 09:49 PM
Möbius
Posted on Aug 11 2010, 07:55 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today, 12:48 AM)
@Apex: I guess you're right for those who play the game seriously, and do not play it casually.

Finally seeing the light, better late than never. smile.gif
BOZZ
Posted on Aug 11 2010, 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ 49 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
Finally seeing the light, better late than never. smile.gif

FYI... I said the same thing before, yesterday too...
Möbius
Posted on Aug 11 2010, 08:56 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 11 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
FYI... I said the same thing before, yesterday too...

FYI... it was with some rather choice comments...

Do you see it? cool.gif

This post has been edited by Apex Carver on Aug 11 2010, 08:58 AM
WRX DRAGON Spec C Ty..
Posted on Aug 11 2010, 04:41 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,954

^^lol you guys take videogames way too seriously..
[ Mizerok ]
Posted on Aug 12 2010, 12:40 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

QUOTE (WRX DRAGON Spec C Type RA-R @ 7 hours, 59 minutes ago)
^^lol you guys take videogames way too seriously..

Stop being facetious, I dare you to bring up something that you take seriously (if that's anything at all), and not have someone call you silly for taking it so seriously.
WRX DRAGON Spec C Ty..
Posted on Aug 12 2010, 05:12 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE ([ Mizerok )
,4 hours, 30 minutes ago]Stop being facetious, I dare you to bring up something that you take seriously (if that's anything at all), and not have someone call you silly for taking it so seriously.

Whoa there chillax buddy. laugh.gif

No offense, but it's pretty sad if you take Street Fighter seriously (unless you're like Justin Wong or Daigo who get paid to do this for a living). I don't mean to offend Mr. Deap's work (Good job btw, it's popping up on a lot of sites) but come on lol.

Oh and FYI, I take a lot of things seriously but video games are not one of them. Maybe when you're able to pull yourself away from your TV and video games you'll realize that for yourself. whistling.gif

Möbius
Posted on Aug 12 2010, 08:21 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE ([ Mizerok ] @ 7 hours, 40 minutes ago)
Stop being facetious, I dare you to bring up something that you take seriously (if that's anything at all), and not have someone call you silly for taking it so seriously.

I think we should just leave that whole line of posting as it is, it'll just get worse. sad.gif

Let's get back to SF4. smile.gif
[ Mizerok ]
Posted on Aug 12 2010, 10:24 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

QUOTE (WRX DRAGON Spec C Type RA-R @ 5 hours, 12 minutes ago)
Whoa there chillax buddy.  laugh.gif

No offense, but it's pretty sad if you take Street Fighter seriously (unless you're like Justin Wong or Daigo who get paid to do this for a living). I don't mean to offend Mr. Deap's work (Good job btw, it's popping up on a lot of sites) but come on lol.

Oh and FYI, I take a lot of things seriously but video games are not one of them. Maybe when you're able to pull yourself away from your TV and video games you'll realize that for yourself.  whistling.gif

See, now you're just being offensive and immature. You can't possibly say that if you're not getting paid (poorly) to play videogames, that you should just shun them entirely, how are you suppose to GET PAID if you have this kind of attitude? You think that the ones that place top 8 place that way just because? That there wasn't literally, days on end that they played to perfect something?

Don't lol or call things sad just because you don't appreciate them, that's pathetic and simple-minded. It's a hobby, and if you don't take your hobbies seriously (like you take "lots" of things seriously) than you're doing it wrong and you have no passion for what you're doing and you should try again to find your passion.

On another note, how am I suppose to find out what it is that you take seriously by stopping what I take seriously? This doesn't make any sense to me, unless you of course mean something as jackass-ish as "life". Where-in you simply should had said, "Pull yourself away from the tv and video-game, and go outside loser, and get a life, this is what I take seriously." Hilariously enough though, this isn't as pigheaded as it seems, as I am taking life seriously, since my hobbies are parts of my life that I either find great challenge in, fun in, or a fantastic removal from this shitty world to somewhere that I can relieve stress in.

So, video-games are great, being serious about your hobbies is fine, and if you're not passionate about what you're doing, you're doing it wrong.

What are your hobbies? (In all seriousness, I won't make fun of them.)

Edit : BTW... that last line of your post really doesn't make any sense, the wording, retype it? Maybe you're my girlfriend, is that it?

This post has been edited by [ Mizerok ] on Aug 12 2010, 10:26 AM
Möbius
Posted on Aug 12 2010, 10:28 AM

IDW Top Poster

There's a hobbies thread here.

I agree on being passionate about things you do, BTW. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Apex Carver on Aug 12 2010, 10:30 AM
[ Mizerok ]
Posted on Aug 12 2010, 12:19 PM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ 1 hour, 50 minutes ago)
There's a hobbies thread here.

I agree on being passionate about things you do, BTW. cool.gif

That's part of the point tongue.gif.

Video-games are a hobby, but evolve into larger things, like when you get paid to play them. There's just no way to get very good at your hobbies without dedicated a lot of time into them, like model-building and whatnot.
WRX DRAGON Spec C Ty..
Posted on Aug 12 2010, 12:24 PM

IDW Expert Member

Whoa dude if I knew you were gonna write a novel I wouldn't have said that. laugh.gif

I didn't say shun them entirely, I just meant take them less seriously. Bozzy stated his opinion earlier and you guys just pounced on him and then I stated mine and you just did the same thing. rolleyes.gif

But hey whatever floats your boat whistling.gif
CoastalmixX
Posted on Aug 12 2010, 12:54 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

QUOTE (WRX DRAGON Spec C Type RA-R @ 29 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Whoa dude if I knew you were gonna write a novel I wouldn't have said that. laugh.gif

I didn't say shun them entirely, I just meant take them less seriously. Bozzy stated his opinion earlier and you guys just pounced on him and then I stated mine and you just did the same thing. rolleyes.gif

But hey whatever floats your boat whistling.gif

Haha yeah if I was doing something I liked to do and then someone told me I was wasting my time I'd just reply with "Yeah, I probably am" and just leave it at that. Besides, I only have hobbies to waste time, I don't want to think about getting better at it. That's because the second I want to improve what I'm doing or try to understand it better... I'm just wasting my time.

wink2.gif

80 Pages  « 75 76 77 78 79 »