Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Za~Za - Love And Money

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 15,899  ·  Replies: 173 
> Mitsubishi Thread, discuss here
Guate in evoV
  Posted: Jul 18 2007, 12:25 PM

[IDW]GUATEMALEN

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,787

discuss here about all evos here
junetrish024
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 01:57 PM

The 5a.m.-coffee-drinking- Evo.IV-driver

Member No.: 20,298

I wanna know some infos on the:

1.) Evo. IV and;
2.) Evo. IX

I am thinking those two would be my cars for awhile hen ID4 comes.

I wanna know if the two are:

- good, balanced cars
- the Evo. IV didn't change(handles like it was on IDAS3)
- the Evo. IX's power
- if it is really true that the Evo. IV is a top performer, performing even better than on IDAS3
- the parts for the two cars and its description

Whew! That a lot I could say... happy.gif
?wha?
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 04:32 PM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

what i've seen about the IX is that it is prone to understeer..... like, its turning, then it just kicks in and you go ploughing into the wall. the 4 seems a little bit more balanced, but no longer king of iro (go the MR2 and cappa tongue.gif biggrin.gif )
FknAzN
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 05:40 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,377

Hey guys, hoping that u could give me the pros and cons of a Evo 3?

And whats the first and last things i should do to it?
kct
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 05:34 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 25,388

From what I've done so far with my Evo IX (and I'm probably the only one driving it around my area), you have to be very careful about the reduction in speed and the gearing. Also, beware of some of the twistier tracks, if you're not careful the IX is prone to Evo V-ish wheel locks (apparently, that is).
brina&kyla
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 05:46 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,185

QUOTE (kct @ Today at 9:34 PM)
From what I've done so far with my Evo IX (and I'm probably the only one driving it around my area), you have to be very careful about the reduction in speed and the gearing. Also, beware of some of the twistier tracks, if you're not careful the IX is prone to Evo V-ish wheel locks (apparently, that is).

If the E9 IS prone to wheel lock like the E5... then maybe if ID4 comes to RP, i'll do with the E9
kct
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 05:51 AM

IDW Full Member

I don't really know, but it can happen (if that is true, that is, but I do notice it in Myogi). I definitely need more games to really find out about whether this is true or not. Maybe it is just me.

I need someone else to confirm this though, although NOT MANY people are driving the Evo IX, probably for fears that it might end up as no more than a mid-tier car compared to the character cars.

This post has been edited by kct on Jul 19 2007, 05:57 AM
brina&kyla
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 06:43 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,185

QUOTE (kct @ Today at 9:51 PM)
I don't really know, but it can happen (if that is true, that is, but I do notice it in Myogi). I definitely need more games to really find out about whether this is true or not. Maybe it is just me.

I need someone else to confirm this though, although NOT MANY people are driving the Evo IX, probably for fears that it might end up as no more than a mid-tier car compared to the character cars.

Please do. happy.gif Maybe ID4 wouldn't be so bad happy.gif Since there may be a car that handles like the E5... I can't wait till ID4 arrives in RP
kct
Posted: Jul 20 2007, 05:05 AM

IDW Full Member

More reports about the Evo IX.

- Apparently, wheel lock is suffered by some of the cars in the game at Myogi.
- It's pretty easy for the car to suddenly snap oversteer if you lift off the gass while cornering at times (then again, it does happen to the others).
- Wheel lock apparently happens if you are way too quick with the steering.
- 6 gears are not helpful in Tsukuba if you don't know what you are doing.

This post has been edited by kct on Jul 20 2007, 07:17 AM
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 11:45 PM

Grand Wizard

Member No.: 25,288

junetrish024: no evo IV doesnt perform better than it did in ver3 but i can tell you one thing, the car is very fast, i wont be suprised if it finds its way into the top 12 soon.

as for evoix, cant say the same thing, the car is not a top performer... and with the majority of the scene using s2k's etc you wont have much of a chance... unless your battle on myogi and akina lake? ...

FknAzN: pro's and cons of the evo 3? for pro's id say start up is above average... its sounds and looks good with the mfs, is 2nd best car for irohazaka reverse and it accelerates well.

cons: mid tier car, below average performance on akina, due to the top 5 cars being abused in battles you wont stand much of a chance agaisnt decently skilled opponents.

about wheel lock, not some of the cars, every single car experiences this, its a matter of using the brake to cancel it, if you experience wheel lock on myogi it means you cant really run the map.

kct: 6 gears not helpful on tsukuba? where did u get that idea from even having 2 gears would be a mission if you dont know what you are doing. 6 gears is no different on any map than 5 gears.
FknAzN
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 11:48 PM

IDW Expert Member

Damn...

I was thinking of scrapping my EvoIII for a R32 or R34...

But i might keep it since its my fav car...

That and i have both a GC8 and a FD on the same card...

SO i guess ill use it for fun battles?

I got an S2000 on another card, any sugguestions on what i should put on that card with it...i was thinkin of an evo4 or GTR, not sure on which one...

Sugguestions appreciated...
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 11:53 PM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (FknAzN @ Today at 11:48 PM)
Damn...

I was thinking of scrapping my EvoIII for a R32 or R34...

But i might keep it since its my fav car...

That and i have both a GC8 and a FD on the same card...

SO i guess ill use it for fun battles?

I got an S2000 on another card, any sugguestions on what i should put on that card with it...i was thinkin of an evo4 or GTR, not sure on which one...

Sugguestions appreciated...

well imo i think you have enough high tier cars for TA etc lol.

the r32 is solid, accelerates fast and corners fast, it sounds monsterous too so i highly recommend this car for fun, evo4 is the same but r32 performs better overall.

btw evoIV doesnt have a home course, R32 has myogi uphill dry and wet

This post has been edited by Retsuka on Jul 21 2007, 11:54 PM
FknAzN
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 11:56 PM

IDW Expert Member

I checked the rankings not so long ago, and i saw that the R34 was above the 32...

Should i be concerned on that?

And the E-IX is very popular where i go...

Is it that good?

And quick question, going around corners and stuff, when is a 6 gear car like a IX have more of an adv and when does a 5 gear, like e3 and e4 have more of an adv...
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 12:09 AM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (FknAzN @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM)
I checked the rankings not so long ago, and i saw that the R34 was above the 32...

Should i be concerned on that?

And the E-IX is very popular where i go...

Is it that good?

And quick question, going around corners and stuff, when is a 6 gear car like a IX have more of an adv and when does a 5 gear, like e3 and e4 have more of an adv...

i checked the rankings now and R32 ranked higher than the R34.

you can fish the R34 to akina downhill wet or akina uphill wet as its the worst performer on those in the whole game.

but its start up is faster than R32 so even with that in mind it has the advantage in battles.

evo IX is just like any other mid tier char, it is the worst out of the evo's. doesnt matter if a car is popular in a certain region it doesnt mean that its good, just means its the players choice around that region.

there is no difference between 5 gear cars and 6 gear cars in this game. if there is any difference it would be start up.
FknAzN
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 12:21 AM

IDW Expert Member

Hmm...an R32...

I guess that'll be a good choice...but for TA that is..

I think the most best and worst part of both skylines are its insane width...

Arggghhh...

I might just leave both spots and focus on the S2000
kct
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 06:43 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM)
kct: 6 gears not helpful on tsukuba? where did u get that idea from even having 2 gears would be a mission if you dont know what you are doing. 6 gears is no different on any map than 5 gears.

That is not the problem, it is that the last 2 gears isn't that strong at times (I could be wrong though). Maybe because I'm way too used to 5 gear cars in the past versions and so :/ .

Not to mention it's not even a week that I have been playing this >.> .

This post has been edited by kct on Jul 22 2007, 06:26 PM
dogster
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 08:58 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 25,442

Hey,
I kind of finding it hard to win 86 on akina map. My nearest try was -60m... Quite frustrated atm with evo 4 that I am using... anything that anyone can share while on that map?
TQ
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 09:57 PM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (kct @ Today at 6:43 AM)
That is not the problem, it is that the last 2 gears isn't that strong at times (I could be wrong though). Maybe because I'm way too used to 5 gear cars in the past versions and so :/ .

Not to mention it's not even a week that I have been playing this >.> .

its not the car its your driving, if u find you arnt accelerating then use penalty cancel.

dogster: i beat bunta with the evo4 so you should have no problem beating takumi, again if you are having trouble use penalty cancel often. everytime you are not accelerating use penalty cancel.
kct
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 10:13 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Today at 9:57 PM)
its not the car its your driving, if u find you arnt accelerating then use penalty cancel.

It is something which I'm doing now often (after learning it). Hopefully I'll be able to play more games this Thursday and Friday, time and location has been a major problem so far.

It is funny that there are no IXes at the arcade where I'm playing at, everyone is basically using FD3Ses.
dogster
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 10:19 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Today at 9:57 PM)

dogster: i beat bunta with the evo4 so you should have no problem beating takumi, again if you are having trouble use penalty cancel often. everytime you are not accelerating use penalty cancel.

Oh so penalty cancel is when your car cant acc, say u ar at 5th gear, then do a 5-4-5 quickly? Right? or is it this " penalty cancel: let off accel, tap brake and stomp on gas. resets any accel penalty induced by hitting walls and drifting too much <- personal experience, as on myogi if you drift for extended periods your speed drops a lot, and if you downshift it still stalls a little when upshifting" quoted from other threads

So right after 86, theres bunta and whats on the last map ? i completed the last map but the machine didnt print the slash on tsukuba

This post has been edited by dogster on Jul 22 2007, 10:23 PM
kct
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 10:26 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (dogster @ Today at 10:19 PM)

Oh so penalty cancel is when your car cant acc, say u ar at 5th gear, then do a 5-4-5 quickly? Right? or is it this " penalty cancel: let off accel, tap brake and stomp on gas. resets any accel penalty induced by hitting walls and drifting too much <- personal experience, as on myogi if you drift for extended periods your speed drops a lot, and if you downshift it still stalls a little when upshifting" quoted from other threads

The latter one (the one involving the pedals), but you must do it really quick (around 0.3 seconds or somewhere there), otherwise you would suffer from not being able to accelerate for some time due to the penalty.

This post has been edited by kct on Jul 22 2007, 10:28 PM
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 10:31 PM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (dogster @ Today at 10:19 PM)

So right after 86, theres bunta and whats on the last map ? i completed the last map but the machine didnt print the slash on tsukuba

pentalty cancel is neither what you described, infact if you stomp on the gas at an arcade here id ask to get you removed and banned for 2 years from the centre cos its people like that that break the machines.

anyhow penalty cancel is lift your foot off accel, tap the brake, put foot on accel, all in under 0.3 seconds.

and no it works like all the previous versions, beat EVERYONE then keisuke shows up on tsukuba, beat keisuke then takumi shows up on tsukuba, beat Tak (Takumi) on tsukuba and you unlock bunta in akina (and get a free race against him first time round beating takumi on tsukuba)
dogster
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 10:49 PM

IDW Full Member

I dont know whether this is going to be an off topic question but, I actually saw one who did 5-4-5 to cancel the penalty... so i did that thing after he left (30 minutes wait... dry.gif dry.gif ) and it actually works!!!. can you(Retsuka/kct) or anyone confirm this?
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 10:54 PM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (dogster @ Today at 10:49 PM)
I dont know whether this is going to be an off topic question but, I actually saw one who did 5-4-5 to cancel the penalty... so i did that thing after he left (30 minutes wait... dry.gif  dry.gif ) and it actually works!!!. can you(Retsuka/kct) or anyone confirm this?

you dont understand what he did, that wasnt a penalty he was getting rid of.

his 5th gear was under reving and with these new physics 1-2km will take AGES for acceleration to make up so you shift down to 4th, get those little km back so your 5th gear is reving normally and there you go, problem solved.

what he should have done is this, shift down, get your rev back to normal, shift up, penalty cancel and watch your acceleration double.

This post has been edited by Retsuka on Jul 22 2007, 10:54 PM
dogster
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 11:27 PM

IDW Full Member

ohh, icic, okok, me try it out tonight wink2.gif thanks...

7 Pages  1 2 3 »