Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing McFly - Corrupted

Views: 12,745  ·  Replies: 1 
> Server Migration (2007-02-24), Details about the transfer
Perry
    Posted: Feb 24 2007, 11:21 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

The process of moving the forums along with initiald-arcade.com was completed successfully on Saturday 07:00 PM PST (-08:00 GMT) February 24th, 2007. Total downtime was around 38 hours. The DNS transfer process only took 5 hours for my ISP, however it took well over 24 hours for some of the foreign ISPs. To give everyone and the forums a break, I decided to push the re-open time back a little. (The forums could be back online within 12 hours.)

We are currently hosted by WDServers (thewird), who is also an IDWF member that contributed to fansub several Initial D Fourth Stage episodes in the past.

In addition to the server migration, I have also successfully recovered approximately ~7,000 lost posts that were made before 2004. They were hidden due to a syntax problem. I found the solution and applied it to the database file when restoring the forums. I wouldn't be able to apply that patch any other times due to the time it consumes. Moving the forums gave me a perfect opportunity to do that.

Last but not least, thanks for all of your patience and support !! smile.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 03:17 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Hopefully this fixed the problem I was getting on some older threads where the bottom of some pages would mysteriously glitch. Good job, Perry!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project