Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Keiichi Aizawa's Theme

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

• This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
• People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,855  ·  Replies: 18 
> New Subforum - Questions and Answers, Ask any questions you have here
Perry
    Posted: Aug 18 2006, 01:51 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

This subsection deals with questions from novice to expert. If you got a question, just ask in this section. You may get help from other people if you ask nicely, because no one is obligated to answer you. Please keep flame to minimum as flamers will be severely punished.

Criteria for questions posted here :
  1. The question must be for yourself specifically. It can not be a question for everyone. (i.e. - I don't know the shift points for this car.. etc.)
  2. Try to reduce grammatical errors. It's really hard to read your questions if it doesn't even make sense itself.
  3. Last but not least, put in some effort to search for existing topics before making a new topic. It'll save us a lot of bandwidth and space. Thank you.

That's all. And I hope everyone can find this section helpful in one way or another. Feel free to post your concerns about this section in this topic.

This post has been edited by Perry on Aug 18 2006, 01:52 AM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
S-avi_drift
Posted: Aug 18 2006, 08:06 AM

RX stealth ninja

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,825

Well i hardly see the point here. That is why in the main arcade stage forum there is the Pinned sections such as car help,course help,FAQ,terminology. And manufactor threads.. But i guess if it gives the questioners a direct answer fine.... Well at least if there is a Q. that has been answered in here it'll be easier to search for it for someone with the same Q. And that way we hopefully wont get repeative Q.'s... And they wont have to search a x' amount of pages..
Möbius
Posted: Sep 3 2006, 07:22 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

This section is a good idea Perry, I wonder how come I didn't see it until now.... sad.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
styleD
Posted: Oct 6 2006, 12:49 PM

Menlo Park, Gameworld

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,295

I have 300 posts so I came request a custom title. Now if I request a title and get it, would i be able to change that later on or requesting for another one?
Perry
  Posted: Oct 6 2006, 12:54 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

What section are we in now ? Initial D Arcade Stage ? Yeah, I thought so.
Try Feedback and Support.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
tankbusta
Posted: Dec 16 2006, 11:09 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 22,222

ok i have a question....what happens if i dont have an arcade nearby my house am i outta luck or is there a way to play this game on the pc ???
Posted: Dec 16 2006, 02:09 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

ya but it has slightly different name and the pc version sucks bad and is old
stuykid89
Posted: Dec 16 2006, 03:01 PM

The Comeback Kid

Member No.: 18,973

QUOTE (tankbusta @ Today at 11:09 AM)
ok i have a question....what happens if i dont have an arcade nearby my house am i outta luck or is there a way to play this game on the pc ???

well, there is a way to play on the ps2.
get the imported game initial D special stage, a converter disc, which costs less than $15 online, or a mod chip ($100 at most places). i prefer the mod chip, because its a hassle to keep removing the disc tray cover everytime i want to play SS. Special stage should be around $40 or so, because its imported =(.

that way, you can use a controller. but if you really want to go all out, you can also get the steering wheel from logitech thats used to GT4. then you're good to go XD.

special stage is basicallly ASv2 but it has all the new maps, and also has the real myogi and the real usui =D
zippo729
Posted: Jan 31 2007, 08:08 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 22,645

random ?: how do you say "blind attack" in japanese??

i saw it on this site once before, but a) i don't remember where it was and cool.gif i don't remember what it said.

IsaaKye219
Posted: Jan 31 2007, 08:30 PM

777!

Member No.: 22,921

OK,I need Times on the first 5 corses to at least beat the Lots People,Like I need a 3:40 To beat Miki on Akina Snow and A ?:?? To beat the people on akina so i can TA and get those times.
zippo729
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 10:18 PM

IDW God Member

these are very rough, but they should get you through lots the first time, if you're not very good.

Myogi: I'd say a 2'58 both ways will suffice
Usui: Hmm.....i'd say aim for about the same. 2'58 both ways
Akagi: hmm....aim for around a 2'35ish downhill...maybe. uphill you'll want around a 2'40. and in the rain DH you'll want less than a 2'40.
Akina:DH i'd say aim for a 3'15, Bunta at the end you'll want to shoot for 3'10. just to be safe. UH i'd say a 3'25.
Irohazaka: Having raced this course so many times, i can't honestly tell you what the com runs. DH aim for a 3'10, UH aim for a 3'20. those will most definitely get you through.

i'm not making any promises on the times as they are off the top of my head, but i'd guess they'd be good enough to get thru that part of lots the first time through.
IsaaKye219
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 06:21 PM

777!

Member No.: 22,921

QUOTE (zippo729 @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM)
these are very rough, but they should get you through lots the first time, if you're not very good.

Myogi: I'd say a 2'58 both ways will suffice
Usui: Hmm.....i'd say aim for about the same. 2'58 both ways
Akagi: hmm....aim for around a 2'35ish downhill...maybe. uphill you'll want around a 2'40. and in the rain DH you'll want less than a 2'40.
Akina:DH i'd say aim for a 3'15, Bunta at the end you'll want to shoot for 3'10. just to be safe. UH i'd say a 3'25.
Irohazaka: Having raced this course so many times, i can't honestly tell you what the com runs. DH aim for a 3'10, UH aim for a 3'20. those will most definitely get you through.

i'm not making any promises on the times as they are off the top of my head, but i'd guess they'd be good enough to get thru that part of lots the first time through.

thanks so much and also,any recomendations for a car??

And my friend would like some help beating Tak (Takumi)

This post has been edited by IsaaKye219 on Feb 2 2007, 06:35 PM
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Feb 3 2007, 06:06 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

^ where... akina or tsuchisaka?

if in akina, you just need to cleanly navigate sections 2 and 3... assuming you don't screw up that much in the end, you'll win...

if in tsuchisaka, you must cleanly go through the roller coaster section towards the end of section 1 and at the start of section 2... and also stay away from the walls in the hairpins...

generally speaking, stay off the walls in both locations...
FpsOwns
Posted: Feb 3 2007, 08:58 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 22,462

is the cap a good car in wet?

and also, evo3 vs cap, wats better?
zippo729
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 09:00 PM

IDW God Member

^ i'm not too familiar w/ the cap in the rain, but i would pick the evo 3 over the cap just cuz i like evos, and the capps start up sucks.

evo 3'd be better in the rain since it's 4wd, and i'd select option A for the evo if you haven't gotten it already.

as drifty as a cap is, idk that it would fare well in the rain. but idk, i've been wrong before
PinoyRVS
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 03:04 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 23,071

The Capp is Really Drifty. i've seen some good runs with the capp on Akagi DH. dont remember if it was Wet or Dry. Over all i'd agree and get the EvoIII because it is a good car and I Strongly do not recommend starting off with the Capp. That is unless you have the skills to be a Capp Driver.
FpsOwns
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 07:18 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 22,462

i see i see

so i get evo over capp... but im a drifty dude (cuz i have an 86T) but ya i might get the Evo3

k thx
KTX
Posted: Mar 8 2007, 06:48 PM

The Silver Panda

Member No.: 20,369

Do pros, such as people of P'zO, maintain 100% win percentages? I know this is a difficult question and may not end up getting answered, but maybe one of you guys knows out of chance.
Kfuse
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 07:12 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 23,542

Honestly I wouldn't go with an all wheel drive man unless I just wanted something really balanced out. Which is the purpose of the evos anyways.

Honestly I'd rather get an MR2 better start up than most cars but poor top end. Smokes a lot of cars on dry, but dies on wet. Also Dies on tsuchi and myogi but still only noobs and fishers are dumb enough to race you on myogi and tsuchi well yea all I gotta say is L-I-N-E.

And Capp is a real strong car pwns everyone on myogi and has really strong times on akina but realize this a car thats drifty and doesn't fair to well in rain hey its like the opposite of an MR2!! just kiddin. Honestly go with a car thats suits your driving style.