Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Feel The Passion

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 14,441  ·  Replies: 18 
> Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
CrypticApathy
  Posted: Aug 29 2017, 11:23 PM

OH SNAP!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,065

I had a turbo 2 swapped fc rx7 that was heavily modified. Roughly about 400bhp to the rear wheel. It was fun as fuck to drive. I ended up selling it and ended up in the world of motorcycles. HOLY HELL was i missing out on the thrill. All the shit you see in ID you can do in bikes and a ton more. Nothing beats the thrill of passing a car at 3x the speed limit in a corner. Ill never be about the car life again. Now that i know the thrill of riding a bike. My 06 GSXR 1000 is far superior then any car i could ever own. Ive raced $500k+ cars and came out on top with it. After experience the car world and then being in the bike world. Nothing competes to 2 wheels.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 29 2017, 11:24 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

It's fun until the first crash.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
APX
Posted: Aug 29 2017, 11:38 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (Tessou @ 13 minutes, 40 seconds ago)

Had many a friends and friends stories of loving a bike up until said first crash. Most gave up, some just became real cautious afterwards.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 29 2017, 11:39 PM

Group Icon

Sold both of mine, bought a truck literally the next day with that money... and move bikes around with it.
xiao
Posted: Aug 30 2017, 02:08 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

☆ Pros & Cons ☆

Sports Cars:
Slower than bikes on traffic, curves, and straights
Pain in the butt going around speed bumps
Doesn't mess up your hair
Can wear a suit & tie
Can carry a laptop
Can drink a bottle of water while driving
Can listen to the radio
Can operate in rain or snow
Manageable handling on gravel
People with back problems can use comfortably

Sports Bikes:
Faster than cars on traffic, curves, and straights
Quick & easy going around speed bumps
Wind messes hair up - Helmet still messes up hair
Suit & tie gets dirty & disheveled .. need special riding gear
Can carry a laptop on your back .. pack
Cannot drink a bottle of water while riding
Helmet Radios .. yeah
Not recommended operating in rain or snow
Difficult handling on gravel
People with back problems will be uncomfortable

That said, this is Nintendo vs Sega - vehicle edition .. I like both platforms so ~ por que no los dos?user posted image

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 30 2017, 05:45 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Tessou @ 6 hours, 21 minutes ago)

This. I like how Xiao's pro/con list doesn't have the most obvious and most important one. Namely, that your chances of surviving a crash are exponentially higher in a car since you're in a frame designed to protect you from impact. On a bike you have nothing. You are exposed, you are light, and one moron cutting into the carpool without looking or signalling away from meeting your maker.

I want a bike. Hell I wanted one back when I sold the Maverick. I was then given a car to stay away from them, even though both my parents ride. I get why.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 30 2017, 01:42 PM

Group Icon

In my case, a moron pulling out of a parking lot and then hitting the brakes when he had no room to merge where he did, with me right behind him yanking on my brakes with nowhere to escape. Highside, broken hand, road rash that took three months to heal, never rode again.
xiao
Posted: Aug 30 2017, 02:53 PM

moon bunny

With all that money spent souping up that RX-7 ..

I'm sitting here just thinking ~ I think Cryptic would enjoy owning a Model S .. for those rainy days he'd wanna go get groceries & stuff.

"That's motorcycle thinking right there!"RCR

SPOILER
Tessou
Posted: Aug 30 2017, 08:13 PM

Group Icon

Xiao, the price difference between a Gixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxer 1000 and a P85 is enormous.
Posted: Aug 30 2017, 08:36 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

you're better off driving a scooter than a motorcycle, atleast you wont be heading anywhere fast. you'll still have to worry about the crazy idiots out there with a scooter but atleast you wont/cant drive too crazy. i'll never drive a motorcycle, my father had one until the first accident back in the day. he dropped any motorcycles after that.

the t-rex 3 wheel bike/car is a decent compromise but i dont trust any 2 wheel vehicle if its not pedal powered.
xiao
Posted: Aug 30 2017, 08:55 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 41 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Xiao, the price difference between a Gixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxer 1000 and a P85 is enormous.

I skimmed thru the 1st post and somehow misread he had traded in a $500k FD3S for an old GiXxXxXer laugh.gif .. now it makes sense. derp.gif
Spaz
Posted: Aug 31 2017, 07:22 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (CrypticApathy @ Yesterday, 2:23 AM)
I had a turbo 2 swapped fc rx7 that was heavily modified. Roughly about 400bhp to the rear wheel. It was fun as fuck to drive. I ended up selling it and ended up in the world of motorcycles. HOLY HELL was i missing out on the thrill. All the shit you see in ID you can do in bikes and a ton more. Nothing beats the thrill of passing a car at 3x the speed limit in a corner. Ill never be about the car life again. Now that i know the thrill of riding a bike. My 06 GSXR 1000 is far superior then any car i could ever own. Ive raced $500k+ cars and came out on top with it. After experience the car world and then being in the bike world. Nothing competes to 2 wheels.

The big difference is whether or not you enjoy the risk of injury. I've been racing cars for years, and the biggest thing that gets driven into your head is safety. From required gear to driver meetings to just general conversation between racers, the biggest thing is making sure that regardless of whether the car makes it through the weekend, that you're able to walk out of there.

I'll do stupid shit on ATVs all day long, but the last time I was on anything open with close to a proper power/weight was a buddy's Polaris Pro R 600 sled. And goosing it on that with the knowledge that the only thing keeping me on the seat were my hands and feet was... Disconcerting. I had fun, but nowhere near as much as I did last weekend at Road Atlanta in my time attack car. It's not for me and I'll admit that without shame.

So why drive a car instead of a bike? Because when I install aero to bump classes for next season I'll have no problem keeping up with track bikes in the corners. I already see 1.3 peak Gs on street tires. So why would I drastically increase my risk of injury or death when I can do the exact same things in the safety of a cage that has literally 15 times the contact patch you do?

If you look at the pinnacle of each; F1 versus Superbikes, which is faster? The car. It's simply the better platform for performance.
APX
Posted: Aug 31 2017, 09:00 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (207 @ Yesterday, 8:36 PM)
you're better off driving a scooter than a motorcycle, atleast you wont be heading anywhere fast. you'll still have to worry about the crazy idiots out there with a scooter but atleast you wont/cant drive too crazy.

lol, say that to the asian countries. nothing but deaths on scooters.
But I guess that's due to the little to no road laws.
Posted: Aug 31 2017, 10:00 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (APX @ 1 hour, 0 minutes ago)
lol, say that to the asian countries. nothing but deaths on scooters.
But I guess that's due to the little to no road laws.

yeah, the rules of the road do have their useful purposes. its scary too see just how bad they drive in certain countries. yeah western civilization has its share of crazies and idiots but a nation of only crazies on the road is just plain scary.

though its funny to see that people in india and other countries where there is little to no enforcement that the scooters are the crazier of the bunch as they find every minuscule gap to traverse. that likely plays a factor in the scooter deaths there.

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 31 2017, 10:03 PM
rpgworldin
Posted: Sep 11 2019, 09:24 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,197

On the short distances sure, but when you have to travel from one city to another? laugh2.gif
Jessica21
Posted: Aug 30 2023, 06:17 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,599

Your enthusiasm for motorcycles is palpable, especially when you mention that your 06 GSXR 1000 provides a level of superiority that no car could match. It's impressive that you've even raced against high-end cars and emerged victorious with your bike. The thrill and satisfaction of being on two wheels seem to have captured your heart in a way that the car world couldn't. Thanks for sharing your journey from the car life to the exhilarating world of motorcycles!
HalfWolf
Posted: Sep 9 2023, 09:47 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,602

It sounds like you've had quite the adventure with your swapped FC RX7 and your switch to motorcycles! The thrill of high-performance vehicles, whether on four wheels or two, is undeniably exhilarating. Riding a bike, especially a GSXR 1000, can offer a unique sense of freedom and speed that's hard to replicate in a car. It's fascinating to hear how your bike has held its own against even the priciest of cars you can read more about it here.

Ultimately, whether you're on two wheels or four, the passion for the open road and the thrill of speed is what truly matters. Enjoy every moment of your motorcycle journey, and stay safe out there! 🏍️💨😄

This post has been edited by HalfWolf on Sep 21 2023, 08:27 PM
binga67
Posted: Feb 3 2024, 05:17 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 53,830

indeed these three rules are life hacks!
awdrifter
Posted: Mar 8 2024, 10:14 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

Because I don't want to be crippled or die. I've seen friends or friend of friends getting hurt while riding, some of them needs surgery after the crash. It's just not worth the risk to me.