Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - 100

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 71,271  ·  Replies: 189 
> IDAS5 Beginner's Guide, No clue as to what you're doing? Ask here!
DigiBunny
  Posted: Aug 21 2010, 07:16 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

Because it ... is.
The road's wet, so you cant really brake, accelerate, or turn with a whole lot of stability, so some force is going to be wasted any which way you put it.
ChiyoV
Posted: Aug 21 2010, 01:27 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,944

Question about tuning:

What is the preferred or best order of purchasing tuning parts? Or does it even matter? It wouldn't matter when you get to FT though.

Example;
engine first (7-0-0-0-0)
powertrain first (0-7-0-0-0)
suspension first (0-0-7-0-0)
body first (0-0-0-7-0)
ECU first (0-0-0-0-7)
or
evenly distributed (2-2-2-2-2)
or
supplemental (4-4-0-4-0) etc
DigiBunny
  Posted: Aug 21 2010, 07:15 PM

Reading is magic!

Not a whole lot of difference either way you do it, so long as you get to FT. If you insist on a method, you can do what feels like has the best balance to you, or you cn just go out and max out your car's strong points first.

Whatever makes your cake deliciously frosty.
ChiyoV
Posted: Aug 21 2010, 09:35 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Yeah, unlike MT where you tune either power or handling at a time. I tend to favor power over handling on my 4WD cuz the car could manage turning better; and handling or body rather than power on my RWD for finesse. If that makes sense.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Aug 21 2010, 11:21 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

that's why i mentioned in my wet weather guide that you have to brake much earlier compared to when you're playing in the dry... in the rain, boost dies much quicker... even IRL driving, if you try to tackle a hairpin in the rain with the same speed as dry-weather driving, 99% of the time you'll end up either burning up your tires, slamming the outside wall, or worse spinning out of control...

which reminds me of why F1 commentators always say that the extra rubber/grip laid down on the circuits simply disappears when it rains...

about tuning, yeah as digi says, whatever you think works best for you... me personally, i prefer balancing it out (1-1-1-1-1, 2-2-2-2-2, etc.)...
tkrd48
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 09:29 PM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

Here are the Nagao UHD video, sorry I could only edit the Nagao UHD 1st, I still have the Akina UHD, Akagi DHD and Happo IBD video but still need editing....
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RltKwZ2uCHU )

This post has been edited by tkrd48 on Aug 23 2010, 05:20 AM
initiald34
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 12:05 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 26,341

lol yes finally a video with driver view
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 11:17 AM

The Dozuki Master

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K9klmSeyGI )

^ Happogahara guide

this might be the last video i do for awhile...

...unless someone suggests something brilliant...
DigiBunny
  Posted: Aug 23 2010, 02:56 PM

Reading is magic!

Videos updated on the front page.

I'd like a bit of input. Would you all prefer a 3rd person, or a 1st person perspective for the guides?
Dominator_RacerX7
Posted: Aug 24 2010, 01:09 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 32,371

I prefer 1st person view better for guides...
initiald34
Posted: Aug 24 2010, 01:13 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 26,341

first person to see what he is actually doing haha
tkrd48
Posted: Aug 24 2010, 01:31 AM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ Yesterday, 11:17 AM)
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K9klmSeyGI )

^ Happogahara guide

this might be the last video i do for awhile...

...unless someone suggests something brilliant...

Hi brian_infinispirit I have an idea how about you did a video which only explained how to maneuver into gutter in all IDAS5 map include Myogi map.... That would really help the beginners....
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Aug 24 2010, 10:45 AM

The Dozuki Master

great suggestion but i'll have to be more confident myself with the gutters... which reminds me that even akina lake also has 'em...

at the moment, i'm thinking of doing an akina lake guide... though i will definitely consider your idea of doing a gutter guide; i also think that will be very useful... wink2.gif

*searches around for an available cameraman*

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Aug 24 2010, 10:45 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Aug 24 2010, 10:54 AM

Reading is magic!

A general gutter map sounds good.
Then again, yeah, cameramen.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Aug 24 2010, 11:07 AM

The Dozuki Master

unlike with the earlier videos wherein i only shoot one map, now i'll have to have multiple raw footages from various maps, just to be able to get my point across... and with that i'll really need a cameraman to capture the live version since the replay for this type of video may not fully explain my intentions...
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 27 2010, 01:59 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

Hi, got pretty basic question. (still rookie player >_>)

Occasionally, my gear somehow suddenly drop a gear and overevs after I suddenly shift to a new higher gear. I know it can be avoided, but I'm not sure of the specific factor that causes this to happen. Is it related to the timing of my shift (in relation to the rev meter) or how hard I'm pressing the accelerator pedal while shifting? Thanks.
PandaApex
Posted: Aug 27 2010, 04:27 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 29,092

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 2 hours, 28 minutes ago)
Hi, got pretty basic question. (still rookie player >_>)

Occasionally, my gear somehow suddenly drop a gear and overevs after I suddenly shift to a new higher gear. I know it can be avoided, but I'm not sure of the specific factor that causes this to happen. Is it related to the timing of my shift (in relation to the rev meter) or how hard I'm pressing the accelerator pedal while shifting? Thanks.

It is most likely based on how you shift. If you bash the handle downwards, sometimes the stick CAN fly up and shift down on the rebound. I seen little kids do that and its not pretty. I actually never had this problem since I drive with one hand on the wheel and one hand on the stick at all times.

Dunno, if its not the thing above then maybe its something faulty with your cab.
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 04:22 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

Hmmm........so there really is no game mechanics that describe what I said above? Interesting, I'd always assumed it was.

I go play at two different arcades (V1 and V2 respectively). I notice that I almost never encounter this problem with the arcade with the V2 but I always do with the V1. I'd thought it was maybe my car or the way I play but I'd always thought it was part of the game.

Now I know why I did not see this being mentioned anywhere on the forum, since its not part of the game. I guess now that I know, I can experiment to find out the cause since it happens quite often. It may be me somehow though. This info is useful, thanks. laugh.gif
ChiyoV
Posted: Sep 6 2010, 11:04 AM

IDW Jr. Member

What do you guys think is the fastest (and maybe cheapest) way to FT a car in D5?
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 6 2010, 12:18 PM

Reading is magic!

Make force quit your best friend and start counting your internals?

I dont know about cheaper, but that's definitely the fastest way I can think of.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Sep 6 2010, 10:53 PM

The Dozuki Master

i doubt it if that'll work... because even if you keep on "winning" against your friend, if i'm not mistaken, no matter how many consecutive wins you rack up, it's still counted as just one play... unless you're playing in a location with a play-all-you-can option at a fixed price, you still need to spend two more credits, then eject as usual...

======================

anyways... i'm still not finished with the akina lake guide, kinda busy as of late to finish it... will try to finish it over the weekend, assuming we have another extended weekend...

...and i'm having doubts about doing the gutter guide, maybe someone else who's faster than me overall can do it...
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 9 2010, 09:03 AM

Reading is magic!

I noticed something. We recently had a small spike in the amount of players coming here to discuss IDAS. This is also reflected in the few jumps in views I'm seeing on the youtube videos.

When I look at the demography, alot of it's in the U.S. and Southeast Asia, around Malaysia and Singapore. It makes me smile knowing I did something that made a difference in the lifespan of ID5.

Maybe not for the Philippines in particular; no. But at least I've decoded the game for the newcomers enough for them to get curious.
ChiyoV
Posted: Sep 10 2010, 09:32 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Yesterday, 9:03 AM)
When I look at the demography, alot of it's in the U.S. and Southeast Asia, around Malaysia and Singapore. It makes me smile knowing I did something that made a difference in the lifespan of ID5.

If that's the case, and if that IDW is the largest community of ID players, then where's the Japanese players' forums? Maybe we all can learn something from them.
GIDO
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 03:29 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,913

Hey guys, is it brake before turn or brake at the last moment not before colliding with the wall and gradual turn? Is it always gradual?
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 12 2010, 03:46 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (GIDO @ 16 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
Hey guys, is it brake before turn or brake at the last moment not before colliding with the wall and gradual turn? Is it always gradual?

You'd never make it if you went all super late braking. Braking and a gradual turn in go hand in hand here. Brake reasonably early, and start turning while still on the brake. The exact moment itself will come from practice and experience.

8 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »