Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Leslie Parrish - Save Me

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  « 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,181  ·  Replies: 91 
> New Dragonball games, DB isn't dead yet
Tessou
Posted: Jun 24 2014, 01:39 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I would go with a remade Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with online, but that's just me. Raging Blast 2 was nifty but not even close.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Sep 21 2014, 09:34 AM

Group Icon

More news. First off, the mysterious red haired guy was confirmed to be a customized player character. The plot was revealed to involve some villains, or "gods that control time", altering history to erase certain events from happening. Your character is sent in to correct things.

Here are the new characters.

user posted image

Towa (left) and Mira (right) on the top of the page are apparently the bad guys.

On the bottom, we have Toki no Kaioshin, or the Kai of Time. She raises the bird... thing names Tokitoki, which apparently has the ability to "create time".

More info as it arrives.
W.A.R
Posted: Sep 30 2014, 08:44 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11,318

Wow, Dragonball really does not have any creativity when it comes to character design.

The guy has piccolo ears and face, ginyu force recoome hair, cell's lines design to under eyes to jawline, SS4 outter red body, the sayian armor color design around his neck. The guy is a boarder line Sith Lord...just give him a freakin light Saber

And the girl has a big head like every girl in Dragonball AND she has the Freakin BATMAN SYMBOL on her chest...

facepalm.gif Dragonball is dead to me

This post has been edited by W.A.R on Sep 30 2014, 08:47 AM
Tessou
Posted: Sep 30 2014, 09:12 AM

Group Icon

Accusing Toriyama of sticking to only a few design aesthetics? But... it's been like that for decades.
Tessou
Posted: Feb 13 2015, 05:51 PM

Group Icon

Xenoverse is looming. It was originally slated for Feb 17th in the US, but was delayed one week for extra dev time (probably as a result of the network tests), to Feb 24th.

Preorder DLC for the US version unlocks SSJ4 Vegeta and a few CaC items. There is also a season pass that grants access to three upcoming DLC packs to expand the game.

20+ stages, just over 40 characters in the game next to your own character(s).

Broly confirmed. Evil Mr. Satan confirmed. Final boss has been revealed, and it's an original character made for the game. No mention yet of any material from Revival of F yet (Freeza's fifth form, for example), although it's certainly possible in the future. The movie doesn't come out until later this year.

From gameplay footage I've seen, it has the over the shoulder view from BT. Certainly isn't a game of simply hitting Y all day long like UT.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Feb 13 2015, 06:07 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Damn it... Why does this have to come out the same day as UNIEL? facepalm.gif

Tessou
Posted: Feb 13 2015, 06:12 PM

Group Icon

Wait for reviews from reliable DB sources before picking this up. UNIEL is more promising from the start. DB games are hit or miss since DIMPS punched out.
Tessou
Posted: Feb 18 2015, 11:08 PM

Group Icon

More info trickling out as players in Japan finish the game (it came out earlier this month in overseas markets). Most of the game is based on the arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes, which featured a few new characters that apparently do not show up here. In particular, SSJ3 Trunks, and SSJ2 and SSJ3 Vegito, are not in the game. On that note, SSJ3 Vegeta and SSJ3 Broly are also missing from the roster.

SSJ4 Vegeta is a preorder bonus DLC.

A season pass is available, with three packs included within at a discount price. The first pack will add Son Goku GT, Trunks GT, and Pan GT to the roster.

A lot of the characters specific to the game's story are reportedly unplayable. This includes the final boss, Demon Lord Demigra.

Content related to the upcoming Revival of F movie is unconfirmed. There will probably be something as DLC in the future (movie hits theaters in April), but there is no data on the game disc related to it.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 21 2015, 01:34 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Tessou @ Feb 13 2015, 07:12 PM)
Wait for reviews from reliable DB sources before picking this up. UNIEL is more promising from the start. DB games are hit or miss since DIMPS punched out.

Wait, DIMPS isn't running this project? I thought they were? Man, I feel so out of the loop.

As much as I want SSJ4 Vegeta, I hesitate to preorder...both because I don't know whether to get it on PC or PS3, and because well...like you said, it's hit or miss. I played the demo on PS3 and it kinda felt like the DBZ mod for Quake 3 Arena. That was cool back in '05 but it's a decade later. I expected a little more, not to mention controls that made sense...
Tessou
Posted: Feb 21 2015, 01:46 AM

Group Icon

Well, they dropped out and then came back. It hasn't felt like the same company in the games they've made after they came back. They are behind this game, but from the gameplay footage I've seen, it doesn't seem to play like the classics at all.

I was really disappointed in a few matches I saw. A moderately skilled player can end any match, regardless of difficulty, in about two minutes. It reeks of "arcade port", and Dragonball Heroes, which this is based upon, is not exactly a stellar title.
APX
Posted: Feb 23 2015, 11:23 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

So what's the verdict on the game? It comes out this week or did it come out already? Heard a bud of mine talk about it last week but that's about it. I haven't touched a DBZ game since it was on ps1. sad.gif
Tessou
Posted: Feb 23 2015, 11:56 AM

Group Icon

Comes out tomorrow. Initial reviews are not good.
APX
Posted: Feb 23 2015, 12:42 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Think they should give up on making DBZ games? Or just remaster old ones befor calling it quits? But yeah, it didn't look so good from those previews and what not I checked out. sad.gif
Tessou
Posted: Feb 23 2015, 01:04 PM

Group Icon

The problem is typically from odd control schemes that have cropped up in DBZ games since the end of the PS2 era titles. I remember when Burst Limit came out, and I was stoked for the first DBZ title to come out on the then-new Xbox 360... only for it to be a very quick, boring experience. It ended very abruptly and didn't have a lot of content. It was pretty, sure, but all the fresh paint was the only real selling point for the game since everything else was ho-hum.

DIMPS made the original, wonderful Budokai titles, but they had no hand in any of the successful Budokai Tenkaichi titles. Then they were at the helm again, but it was as if they had lost their touch. Raging Blast and its sequel were pretty good, but were nothing groundbreaking. Ultimate Tenkaichi came out next, and it was a gigantic steaming turd. Battle of Z had awkward controls that I could never get used to despite many hours of playtesting. Now we have Xenoverse, which is a slightly stripped down port of the Dragonball Heroes arcade game, and it shows. The visuals look neat in trailers, but then you see the game in action. It's definitely not a game designed with next-gen consoles in mind.

From everything I've seen so far, it looks pretty limited. Burst Limit again?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 23 2015, 10:36 PM

ShiMACHaze

Indeed. Burst Limit 2 has been on everyone's wish list since...well, since Burst Limit came out.

To this day I play Budokai 3: Greatest Hits and Infinite World. They're still amazing. If IW had all of B3's roster and beam struggles I'd never look back, but it doesn't so both games have their own advantages. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was really amazing back in the day but I haven't played it in forever so I'm sure any skills I had have evaporated in favor of my B3/IW skills.

Anybody else still on those? ...and perhaps has a PC that can emulate a PS2 so we can netplay? shifty2.gif
Tessou
Posted: Feb 23 2015, 11:59 PM

Group Icon

I actually got a mint copy of Budokai 2 in the mail just before going to work today. Plays phenomenally. I got it over Budokai 3 simply because of the box art. Vegito has always been my favorite character in the series.

BT3 is also a great game, but for some reason I liked BT2 better. I think some of the more ludicrous character unlocks turned me off of nabbing 100% completion on 3, whereas I slaved for weeks to unlock everything in 2. That goddamn ladder in 2 was mind numbing, and the reward for reaching the top spot was entirely useless.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 24 2015, 12:40 AM

ShiMACHaze

Budokai 2 had some wonderful stuff, such as getting Gotenks correct as well as all thsoe glorious 'what-if' fusions. Wolf Fang Volleyball Fist! Here goes! I'll have to see if I can find my copy, I'm sure I have it somewhere. I agree that its glimmering silver boxart was way superior to Budokai 3's. I do prefer the overall gameplay of 3, but 2 wasn't bad.

4 Pages  « 2 3 4