Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Days

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  « 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,574  ·  Replies: 80 
> Police Arrest "Manhattan Speed Freak", For lapping Manhattan Island in 24 minutes
Rudy
  Posted: Nov 8 2014, 12:57 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 8 2014, 03:25 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

If you're doing triple-digits in Manhattan and you post a video of yourself doing it to the internet, then you have every reason to be busted for it. Cut and dry, done and done.

Am I saying that speeding is inherently dangerous? 'Course not. Posted speed limits are designed based on an average that's intended to keep everyday know-nothing drivers from doing something ridiculously stupid with their vehicle. The idea is to give Joe Schmoe enough reaction time to not kill someone. I mean, for the longest time I thought the speed limits on corners was silly...until I bought the Maverick with its original bias ply tires and found out the sort of vehicle that those signs were made for. tongue.gif

However, that doesn't make it any less illegal. You did something blatantly illegal. You posted a video of yourself doing it. You got caught. You pay the price. We're done here.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Nov 8 2014, 03:26 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Rudy
  Posted: Nov 8 2014, 04:17 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 8 2014, 04:31 PM

ShiMACHaze

I take a unilateral approach to justice. I don't care how much of a 'bro' he's being about it, I only care that he did something blatantly illegal, posted a video of himself doing it, got caught, and rightfully got sentenced for it.

If he wants to commit further injustices, that's on him. This thread is about the video.
Rudy
  Posted: Nov 8 2014, 04:32 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 8 2014, 04:34 PM

ShiMACHaze

Oh, that. Well, then he's an idiot but we knew that anyway. I reiterate:

>He did something blatantly illegal.
>He posted a video of it online and apparently dared the police to investigate
>He got caught
>He's been sentenced.

Except like an entitled puss he's decided to skip out rather than take his lumps. Whatever. Point is, I'm with the prosecution on this and have been since the start of the thread.

4 Pages  « 2 3 4