Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Never Throw Away

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

19 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 148,725  ·  Replies: 468 
> Magical Battle Arena
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 1 2008, 03:59 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Okay, I'm not sure how many of you have actually followed a little series called "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha" and/or its subsequent sequels, but for me, it gave a whole new spin on the "magical girl" genre as a whole. It also made me look around for a fighting game, but alas, none had yet been created. Which was too bad; the spells were awesome!

Well then I saw "Magical Battle Arena." The cool thing is, it's not just characters from that one series--so far, confirmed characters are also from Slayers and Card Captor Sakura. The demo version of the game was released at winter Comiket 73 yesterday, and is version 0.10 of the game with only basic play modes and two characters (Nanoha Takamachi and Lina Inverse). According to the official site, the final version of the game will have more characters (Fate Testarossa and Sakura Kinomoto confirmed, more to be added) and support for online play. The tentative release date is summer Comiket 2008.

For those curious and want to peruse the Japanese site, it's here:

http://fly-system.net/product/mba/index.htm

For those who just want to see the game in action, here you go!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_gJ-RJ16QJY

AND NOW, THE GAME HAS BEEN RELEASED! Enjoy!!!!!

Magical Battle Arena v1.00 Full

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Aug 16 2008, 02:38 AM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 04:08 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

This is a Doujin game, right?
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 1 2008, 04:43 PM

ShiMACHaze

It is not an officially-produced game, no.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 07:27 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Go figures, the only game featuring a huge cast from different shows would be SRW or the ACE games.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 1 2008, 08:58 PM

ShiMACHaze

Being a doujin game doesn't make it any less win though. wink2.gif Sure, the VAs in the game aren't the ones in the shows. But they're close. And you can add your own BGMs at least (without hacking). Wouldn't be surprised if someone figured out a way to open the main sound file and splice in stuff from the shows.

EDIT: Speaking of putting in one's own BGMs, I converted "The Grimoire for Alice" to WAV format and put it in as a custom BGM... it works so well!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jan 1 2008, 09:10 PM
Stargate
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 09:09 PM

Night Life @ Roppongi ★Gate

Member No.: 24,315

Sounds like the Lina Dragon Slave, Fireball, Gaav Flare are just straight ripped from the anime though.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 1 2008, 09:11 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Stargate @ Today at 9:09 PM)
Sounds like the Lina Dragon Slave, Fireball, Gaav Flare are just straight ripped from the anime though.

Same with Nanoha's attacks. Like I said, the voices are damn close. My only complaint so far is that Raising Heart's voice is too soft, but this is only version 0.10 of the program so. wink2.gif
Stargate
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 09:17 PM

Iam sure it'll be fine. The game does look cool. I remember hearing about it previously but let it slip off the radar. Can't wait to try that.
brian mayhem
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 09:30 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

ohmy.gif

Epic gameplay footage. Looks like this is going to be a hit.

@Nomake: How exactly did you come about the existence/information of the game? Google?

This post has been edited by GC8Vdrifter on Jan 1 2008, 09:31 PM
InitialDRulz
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 10:00 PM

Over One Billion Double Penetrations

Member No.: 2,912

Just test drived version 0.10 after meddling with my PC a bit

I managed to run it on my Pentium III, so there shouldn't be a worry.

Pentium III 866mhz/512ram/GeForce4 mx440

Run: 100% perfect, no lag, even with Trillian and Windows Live running.

Alright. Lets cut to the chase

Graphics: still a demo, feels like the graphics of DragonBall Z Budokai 2-3ish?. Anyways, to need to run those 3D graphics on a shitbox graphic card, and it runs? thats pretty good

Rating: 9/10

Gameplay: Love the techniques, however controlling them is hard on the controller. yes, its like an arcade ported to a PC. However, if you have used programs to play MAME/CPS2/CPS1 games onto the keyboard. then you shouldn't have any problems. Like Little Fighter 2 style buttons.

The Beams and stuff are sick ass. I WAS ROFLING MYSELF when i won the CPU lvl1 1v1 match. BUT I GOT MY ASS PWNED on a Free for all 1v1v1v1 on CPU lvl1 xD

Rating: 9/10 (could have made the button style easier)

What does it feel like: EPIC MIXED WITH AWESOME

Problems: there was a problem that took me and Nomake Wan 30 minutes to decode what was the problem. Turned out that you need .NET Framework 2.0 to actually run this game. after i installed .NET. HERE WE GO!!!!

Theres also another bug where you get an error and then it closes by itself while on first boot for me. but then it disappeared.

Favourite Snapshot while playing:

user posted image

its been paused so yeah thats why the box was in the middle

Download: Sendspace

Note: This demo is 32mb download, 102mb extraction. It is compressed with .lzh compression. To extract it. you need WinRAR or any extractor that can extract .lzh (again, WinRAR)

One thing i would like to mention that you need .NET Framework 2.0 in order to run it, or else you will get (0xc0000135) error.

Follow these instructions
1. Download and extract
2. change the folder name from MBA-gibberish- to MBA
3. Click on MBA.exe
4. PLAY!

This post has been edited by InitialDRulz on Jan 2 2008, 12:48 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 2 2008, 01:33 AM

ShiMACHaze

I'm pretty sure your error is because you're running MBA without AppLocale or setting your Non-Unicode Language to Japanese (considering the title bar of the program isn't Japanese in your screenshot).

To anyone with a non-Japanese system wanting to play: While IDR's instructions will allow you to play the game, you may get random error messages. These can be avoided by either using Microsoft's AppLocale utility to open the program in Japanese mode, or by setting your system's non-unicode language to Japanese. But since IDR is playing the game right now, these aren't really necessary unless you get annoyed by error messages.

GC8VDrifter: I actually saw the game listed on Tokyotosho and thought, "Magical Battle Arena? I wonder if it's a Nanoha fighting game." Then I googled it and was like OMFG! laugh.gif

So I guess I should review the game too? Kay.

Firstly, it takes very little hardware to run the demo. Refreshing considering most games nowadays push hardware to the limit. But that's not to say the graphics or gameplay suffer--they really don't. It's just nice to see a well-developed game use so little resources. Maybe current modern game developers could learn a few things from Fly-System? Anyway, if for some reason you're using a computer with even less hardware than IDR has, there is in fact an option in the Options menu to decrease CPU usage (at the cost of loading times). Neither IDR nor I have had to enable it.

So, let's get right down into the thick of it!

Graphics
Really, it's a 3D Magical Girl fighting game. You kinda have to expect it to be decent. And it is; my only complaint is that the current version of the game only supports a maximum resolution of 1024x768 and is not optimized for antialiasing or image filtering or even vertical sync. If the final game comes packaged with these optimizations, it's going to improve my opinion of the graphics by a tremendous amount. In conclusion, the graphics are perfectly playable but suffer from jagged edges and lacking vertical sync.

~7/10~

Sound
For a demo, it sure does have great effects. All the sound effects sound very similar to their respective TV series, the music is orchestrated quite well, and the voices of the characters are realistic and clear. You may want to adjust the volume level of the music a bit, though, because at the moment the characters voices are sometimes drowned out by it.

A plus is that you can create a folder named "BGM" in the main game directory and place any WAV-format music you like in there as long as it follows the naming scheme "bgm0#.wav" where '#' is a number from 1-9. Currently I have "The Grimoire for Alice" by Dobu Usagi as a custom BGM and it fits very well. Big thumbs up here, no complaints aside from the high default volume settings.

~9/10~

Modes
The demo allows you to play 1P/2P versus with up to four players (two of which must be computers, if playing with four players), or enter training mode to practice your abilities. It's pretty limited, but Fly-System has already stated on their website that the final version of the game will include support for online play. However, the versus mode itself is split into two modes; Battle Royale, which is your traditional one-kill-you're-out fight, and Point Battle where you are revived until your points run out. My score represents the future addition of online play; and the saddening lack of any sort of story mode (none announced, anyway). In the in-game options menu, there is a greyed-out option marked "Story Option." This suggests a future story mode. The score has been corrected to reflect this.

~10/10~

Characters
This is where the game really shines through. While the demo only contains two characters (Nanoha Takamachi [Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's] and Lina Inverse [Slayers]), the future game will have at least six (Fate Testarossa [Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's], Sakura Kinomoto [Card Captor Sakura] and two as-yet unannounced characters), but could have more. If the two characters in the demo are any indication, then it's truly the faithfulness to the characters that makes the game. Both Nanoha and Lina are incredibly detailed and retain all of their signature moves, complete with voice. While the voice actresses are not the originals (to be expected, since the game is not official), they are incredibly close. I can't give the game enough praise for this.

user posted image

~10/10~

Controls
I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, which the game automatically detected and mapped buttons to. I did end up changing the buttons, but the defaults actually worked very well (with the exception of 'start' and 'select' being 'fly up' and 'fly down'). When you first pick up the game, it's a bit tricky to figure out what controls do what and what combination of buttons performs which technique. But once you have the basics down, you can usually do pretty well. Since the controls don't constantly frustrate me, this gets a good score.

~9/10~

Gameplay
For a demo, the gameplay is quite fast-paced and smooth. There are no graphical glitches at all, it's just smooth smooth smooth (well, FPS wise anyway). The nice thing (frustrating for some, I'm sure) is that unless you're performing an ultimate attack, any technique you attempt to perform can be countered and/or cancelled. So if I'm playing Nanoha and decide to charge a Divine Buster, then Lina can just shoot me with a Flare Arrow and cancel the charge (which also reduces my special meter to 0!). Lots of games tend to have a "specials can't be cancelled" philosophy; it's nice to see this one doesn't. As for ultimate attacks, while their charge phase cannot be cancelled, their attack phase can be dodged or blocked. So again, adding weaknesses to what could've been some very broken techniques. My big complaint right now is that the melee system is too basic; you get two combos (normal and super, more on that later) and two "knock away" attacks. Getting in melee range is hard enough, but the current melee system makes it difficult to land anything. Once you do, though, it's pretty easy to keep up. I've had a 29 Combo before.

The other issue I had is that you cannot land anywhere; characters are constantly in flight. While I understand the reasoning in some levels, in others it makes more sense to be able to land and walk around. Anyway, each character has three special techniques, two ultimates, a magic shield, and some sort of powerup technique. It's not too hard to pull anything off, but it takes just enough time that you need strategy to perform anything particularly special without completely wasting your magical powers. All in all, a very solid game engine with a few rough edges.

~8/10~

Final Thoughts
It's entirely obvious to me that this game is going to be a thing of beauty when it's finally finished this summer. I'd advise anyone who has been secretly harboring wishes for a magical girl fighting game to just hurry up and nab the demo, try it out, and then get a copy of the game upon release. Just makes me wish I were in Japan so I could pick it up at Comiket and be the first to play!

Final Score: ~8.8/10~

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jan 2 2008, 03:43 AM
InitialDRulz
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 02:27 AM

Over One Billion Double Penetrations

Member No.: 2,912

Currently getting buttraped at CPU Level 2 now. its hacks man, when you get flipped. Thats it, you'll be stuck there for like 10 seconds >.<

Anyways, i've found out that

The error only occurs in 2 areas

1. When you boot up the game. You might get a 1st error saying something. But then you get a 2nd error which leads you out of the game

2. When you goto restart, an error might pop up, when you click ok, you might think, oh its still working, nope, you get an error from Windows saying MBA.exe must close

----

I would like to mention that if you like button bashing games, this is the perfect game for you smile.gif

-------------

I would also like to note that i'm hooked on this game ever since this morning xD
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 2 2008, 03:43 AM

ShiMACHaze

Character Breakdown
Okay, this is where I get to show off each of the demo's two characters. I'll split them into their own sections and fill each with pretty-pretty pictures!

First of all, I think I should give a quick rundown of the controls, eh? You have 9 buttons, which can all be changed for both 1P and 2P from the options menu. The buttons here are in the order they appear in said options menu.

Button 1: Melee Attack
Button 2: Ranged Attack/OK
Button 3: Guard/Cancel
Button 4: Dash
Button 5: Powerup
Button 6: Switch Targets (for 3P/4P mode)
Button 7: Fly Up
Button 8: Fly Down
Button 9: Pause Menu

Universal Techniques:
  • Knock-away By holding the melee button, your character will charge up a knock-away attack which, if it hits, will knock the targeted enemy far away. If you hold a direction at the same time you charge it, they will be knocked in that direction.
  • Sidestep
    user posted image
    When in melee range of an opponent, pressing Dash and either left, right or back will make your character sidestep in that direction. Useful for dodging a knock-away attack.
  • Teleport When in melee range of an opponent, you can teleport right next to the enemy by pressing Guard and either up or down. Up and Guard will teleport you ahead of them, while Down and Guard will teleport you behind them. Very useful for continuing a melee combo.

Takamachi Nanoha with Raising Heart
    The protagonist of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's, along with her trusty Device "Raising Heart Excelion." Nanoha is known as a shoot first, ask questions later sort of character... or to be more correct, "let me shoot you so I can ask questions!" Despite her tremendous magical prowess she somehow always manages to follow the right path and not destroy her opponents outright. Nanoha's techniques are as follows:

Basic Techniques
  • Melee Attack Staff Strike
    Nanoha hits her opponent with Raising Heart. Pretty basic.
  • Ranged Attack Divine Shooter
    Nanoha's basic ranged attack. You can either fire one shot (which she homes in on the enemy) or a few (which similarly home in on the enemy). Does okay damage, not very flashy. If you choose to fire multiple shots, Nanoha will pause after the seventh.
  • Guard Round Shield
    user posted image
    Nanoha's basic magic shield. You can move it up and down, but once it's out you can't move sideways. It also uses up your stored magic, and once you're out of stored magic the shield will break. Good for stopping an incoming ranged attack, but don't rely on it too much.

Special Techniques
  • Powerup + Melee Accel Shooter
    user posted image
    A more powerful version of Nanoha's Divine Shooter. It can be charged up to use a whole cartridge of magic, and then when fired releases multiple bullets of magic which all home in on her opponent. Very good damage if all shots hit, and charges very quickly.
  • Powerup + Ranged Divine Buster
    user posted imageuser posted image
    Nanoha's ranged attack of choice and her trademark move--the Divine Buster. Nanoha charges a massive amount of magical power and then releases it as a beam from the tip of her Device towards her opponent. It charges slowly, but can be fired without charging for minimal damage if necessary. Does excellent damage when fully charged, but is hard to charge it that long without being attacked.
  • Powerup + Guard Protection/Protection Powered
    user posted image
    A more powerful version of Round Shield. Rather than use Nanoha's own magic supply, Protection uses Raising Heart's own supply of magic to temporarily create a strong barrier which can even reflect enemy ranged attacks. If charged to maximum, this becomes Protection Powered, an even more powerful barrier. While it's not as quick as Round Shield, the benefits greatly outweigh that in extreme situations.
  • Powerup + Dash Excelion Mode, Activate!
    user posted image
    This technique can only be used when the red "Magic Burst" bar around the character's icon is flashing. Once activated, the Magic Burst gauge will deplete until Excelion Mode deactivates. However, once in Excelion Mode any techniques which would normally use up Nanoha's magic cost nothing to perform, are much quicker to react, and can be performed more often. In addition to these benefits, Excelion Mode unlocks...

Ultimate Attacks
  • Powerup + Dash + Melee Starlight Breaker
    Arguably the most powerful move in Nanoha's arsenal. This technique is so powerful that it not only takes all of Raising Heart's power to perform, but it also uses up most of Nanoha's magic as well as the residual magic in the surrounding area! Raising Heart collects all of this magic into a sphere above Nanoha, which once completed is struck with the tip of her Device to turn the ball into a beam of destructive energy. While the beam itself is massive, it also explodes with destructive force upon impact with anything. Incredibly effective... but don't miss.
  • Powerup + Dash + Ranged Excelion Buster A.C.S.
    user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
    Not only can you only perform this in Excelion Mode, but Nanoha's health also has to be down to one bar!! This is her last resort attack, capable of firing a more powerful version of Divine Buster from inside an enemy's defenses. Nanoha fires a Barrel Shot to stun the enemy long enough to power up the Excelion Buster, then dashes towards them, penetrating their shield and firing the Excelion Buster from behind it! Unfortunately, this attack is so powerful that it will not only damage the opponent, but Nanoha as well. DO NOT perform this technique if you have 1/4 of a health bar or less!!

Lina Inverse
    The main character of Slayers. Lina is best known for blowing things up unnecessarily and stuffing her face. Despite her shortcomings, Lina does try to stay on the good path, helping out people in need with her formidable magical knowledge. Don't ever tell her what a great mage she is, though; it'll go straight to her head. Lina's moves are:

Basic Techniques
  • Melee Attack Short Sword
    Lina uses the short sword on her hip to strike her enemy. Kinda silly for a mage to wield a melee weapon, but it's there if you need it.
  • Ranged Attack Flare Arrow
    user posted image
    A basic fire spell. Lina lobs arrows of fire at her enemy. Quick and dirty. After three arrows Lina has to pause before firing another burst.
  • Guard Windy Shield
    user posted image
    Lina summons the element of air to form a dense shield ahead of her. It can be moved up and down but not side-to-side. It also uses up her magical power, so be careful not to keep it up for too long.

Special Techniques
  • Powerup + Melee Fireball
    Lina's trademark attack, an explosive spell that takes relatively little time to cast. Pretty basic, but does an amazing amount of damage for the small amount of time it takes to charge.
  • Powerup + Ranged Gaav Flare
    user posted image
    The Demon-Dragon King Gaav grants his power to the caster of this spell, which produces a massive dragonlike fireball and an even more massive explosion. A great attack for hitting multiple opponents at once since its blast radius is so large.
  • Powerup + Guard Van Rail
    user posted image
    This is a rather interesting move, with both offensive and defensive capabilities. While it can be cast to create a temporary barrier of ice, if cast next to an enemy that enemy will be frozen within the ice for a short period of time. Probably a good time to thaw 'em out with a fireball, eh?
  • Powerup + Dash Boost
    user posted image
    This is a spell which activates the talismans that Lina wears about her body. It can only be cast when the Magic Burst gauge is flashing. With the talismans sharing their power with her, Lina has access to far greater magical power than normal. As such, her normal techniques are quicker and a little more powerful, and she gains access to higher-level spells like...

Ultimate Attacks
  • Powerup + Dash + Melee Dragu Slave
    An incredibly powerful attack where the caster calls upon the power of Ruby-Eye Shabranigdu to fire a huge beam of destructive flame which devastates anything in its path. Another one of those "why the heck do you KNOW this spell!?" things that can level an entire city. Yeah.
  • Powerup + Dash + Ranged Laguna Blade
    user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
    This technique is so ridiculously powerful that it's downright dangerous to cast. As such, Lina will only attempt to cast Laguna Blade if she's in dire straits, like when she barely has any health left. First she fires a Freeze Arrow at the opponent to lock them in ice while she chants the incantation for Laguna Blade. Once the Laguna Blade is summoned she dashes towards the opponent, who by now has probably broken free. But that's not going to stop Lina; she just impales them on the massive blade of darkness, then slashes them three times with it before she runs out of magic. With any luck, that'll be the final blow...

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jan 2 2008, 04:50 AM
hngrY
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 03:45 AM

kawaii-ness? :o

Member No.: 17,471

And now you got me hooked you slut xD

Post directed @IDRULZDUNG btw.

This post has been edited by hngrY on Jan 2 2008, 03:49 AM
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 2 2008, 04:45 AM

ShiMACHaze

Finally finished the move list two posts up. Whew!
brian mayhem
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 09:39 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

Question.

Any thoughts on what PC USB controller is best/suffice for MBA? I was thinking a logitech controller that I saw at my Target store, but I am open to suggestions.

EDIT:

Logitech Dual Action Gamepad

This post has been edited by GC8Vdrifter on Jan 2 2008, 09:44 AM
Spike Razzor
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 11:19 AM

The lazy racer, getting faster with less effort.

Member No.: 24,227

Hmmm, looks interesting, I might consider playing.

Wonder where Fragger is? Hes a lurker, but he should of locked onto a topic that had anything to do with CLAM XD.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 2 2008, 04:12 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (GC8Vdrifter @ Today at 9:39 AM)
Question.

Any thoughts on what PC USB controller is best/suffice for MBA? I was thinking a logitech controller that I saw at my Target store, but I am open to suggestions.

EDIT:

Logitech Dual Action Gamepad

Any controller with a thumbstick and 9 buttons will do fine. Keep in mind, however, that 8 out of those 9 buttons must be within easy reach while playing. The 9th button is the "pause/menu" button so it doesn't count.
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 10:21 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

I thought Nanoha's Rasing Heart was the original, until I spotted the detachable box magazine.
Stargate
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 3:43 AM)

[*]Powerup + Dash + Ranged Laguna Blade
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
This technique is so ridiculously powerful that it's downright dangerous to cast. As such, Lina will only attempt to cast Laguna Blade if she's in dire straits, like when she barely has any health left. First she fires a Freeze Arrow at the opponent to lock them in ice while she chants the incantation for Laguna Blade. Once the Laguna Blade is summoned she dashes towards the opponent, who by now has probably broken free. But that's not going to stop Lina; she just impales them on the massive blade of darkness, then slashes them three times with it before she runs out of magic. With any luck, that'll be the final blow...
[/LIST]

At least its not the Giga Slave the one that summons the lord of chaos herself. Ranuga Blade is relatively "Safe" to cast compared to that. At least she doesn't have danger or destroying the planet. Man this game is going to be sweet! I hope they add some more Slayers women in the mix.. Amelia would be a great touch.. To bad Val Gaav is a guy otherwise he'd be a even better touch.
xiao
Posted: Jan 3 2008, 03:43 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
*snip* review *snip*

Epic review is epic. If I was the editor in chief of a doujin game magazine, I'd hire you in a raising heartbeat. I totally concur with your thoughts on too much flight, not enough landing/jumping.

On to pressing matters... anyone want to take a stab at who the two unannounced characters are? My guess -- Touhou's Reimu and Marisa. My wish -- Yuki Nagato and Dokuro Chan~ *crosses fingers*
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 3 2008, 11:34 PM

ShiMACHaze

Dokuro doesn't have enough abilities, not to mention so far the game doesn't support blood... which would be an absolute requirment were Dokuro included as a playable character!

A Touhou character is a very good guess, however. That might actually turn out to be true, considering how popular Touhou is over there. Yuki Nagato might work, but on the other hand, wouldn't it fit the theme of the game more if Battle Maid Waitress Mikuru were a playable character? laugh.gif Mi...Mi...Mikuru BEAAAAAAM!

At first I thought that Li Syaoran would be one of the mystery characters, but he's a guy and the intro to the game clearly states that the game is a "Fast-paced Magical Girl Action Game." So guys are out.

So I'm not sure. Whoever it is, I'm sure they'll be great!

Who am I rooting for, though?

Well I know that there are already two Nanoha characters, but...

Vita. I mean, come on. Someone, agree with me here! w00t2.gif
xiao
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 12:24 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I was thinking of Yuki in her witch outfit, but a maid clad Mikuru beam sounds just as good. :3

And Vita, now that would just complete the trifecta of awesome weapons.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 02:07 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

lol, after having watched StrikerS, i must say that Vita has got to be the most toughest loli I've ever seen lol tongue.gif

I take it that it's going to be a PC only game then?
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 4 2008, 03:23 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Today at 2:07 AM)
lol, after having watched StrikerS, i must say that Vita has got to be the most toughest loli I've ever seen lol tongue.gif

I take it that it's going to be a PC only game then?

Yep, PC only. Doesn't look like they really have the resources to port it anywhere else.

19 Pages  1 2 3 »