Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - U.S.A.

48 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 156,200  ·  Replies: 1,178 
> The New Theory on FF Drifting.
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 05:51 PM

IDforum OG member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 141

QUOTE (ImprezaSTi27 @ Dec 13 2002, 04:54 AM)
QUOTE (Akain @ Dec 13 2002, 12:21 AM)
Ok, lets stop with this thought process that drifting makes you go faster around the track. I've seen two, REAL, races where an 86 takes out an R32, but don't be shocked when I tell you that there was NO drifting involved.

If you go onto Kazaa or some other P2P program you can do a search for "initial D hachi roku special" and you'll get a vid of two AE86's beating an R34 Skyline. One of them is driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya, and the other by his co-host on a lot of the Video Option tapes. The Skyline takes off at first but takes some shitty lines and eventually gets absolutely wasted by the two AE86s. They're not highly tuned engines either, the drift king's was tuned to 150 hp and the other to 200 I believe. But yeah, they didn't drift at all.

Alex

heh... i saw this one... but that skyline driver was kinda sucky...
he was braking late everywhere and such... poor guy though... it's like 2 davids and goliath... laugh.gif
if i remember correctly... one of the 86 had a CF hood and the other one didn't... i don't have the vid myself but my friend does... which one was keiichi tsuchiya? wink2.gif
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 06:18 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 101

QUOTE (tainted @ Dec 13 2002, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (ImprezaSTi27 @ Dec 13 2002, 04:54 AM)
QUOTE (Akain @ Dec 13 2002, 12:21 AM)
Ok, lets stop with this thought process that drifting makes you go faster around the track. I've seen two, REAL, races where an 86 takes out an R32, but don't be shocked when I tell you that there was NO drifting involved.

If you go onto Kazaa or some other P2P program you can do a search for "initial D hachi roku special" and you'll get a vid of two AE86's beating an R34 Skyline. One of them is driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya, and the other by his co-host on a lot of the Video Option tapes. The Skyline takes off at first but takes some shitty lines and eventually gets absolutely wasted by the two AE86s. They're not highly tuned engines either, the drift king's was tuned to 150 hp and the other to 200 I believe. But yeah, they didn't drift at all.

Alex

heh... i saw this one... but that skyline driver was kinda sucky...
he was braking late everywhere and such... poor guy though... it's like 2 davids and goliath... laugh.gif
if i remember correctly... one of the 86 had a CF hood and the other one didn't... i don't have the vid myself but my friend does... which one was keiichi tsuchiya? wink2.gif

The one with the carbon fiber hood was Keiichi Tsuchiya. Pushes around 150 hp.

Alex
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 06:25 PM

IDforum OG member

thnx!
]{aya
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 06:46 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

what ??????? Keiichi Tsuchiya ???? waaaaa !!!, he is truly the "Dorikin", man that guy is so talented ....

i saw the film but i didnt know it was him driving that trueno

Alex
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 08:45 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

it would be so awesome if keiichi made a appearance in ID. Bunta Fujiwara vs Keiichi Tsuchiya...the battle of all battles....
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Chamber
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 11:31 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 145

Front wheel drive cars cannot drift. You cannot heel toe in a FWD car.

which would mean controlling your line using the ebrake and footbrake, which just slows you down.

it would be faster to take corners at the optimal grip speed.
FWD,RWD,AWD
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 11:53 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 102

You can Heel and Toe any manual transmission car, all professional racers do it. An important note: Heel and toe does not equal drift. It's a way to shave off ~0.5 sec off your lap times, it doesn't necessarily involve oversteer.

I'm not sure about ur phrase 'FF can't "drift"' watch the video mentioned in my other post.
Chamber
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 12:02 AM

IDW Full Member

Can you accelerate around a corner while "drifting" in a FWD car?

the most common form of "drifting" is the powerslide. while not the same thing, its close enough for most people.

Powersliding is caused by breaking the rear tires loose during a corner by accelerating past their grip. Thus you can exceed the speed you could normally take the corner while "grip driving"

When in a FWD car you for any reason break the rear tires loose, you will oversteer unless you continue accelerating. Unfortunately when you pull the handbrake, most of your car stops rolling and starts dragging.. Thus slowing you down.

I dont care what the video you see shows. its simple logic.

When you see someone pull the handbrake to make a tight turn, then accelerate out of it.. they are NOT drifting. they're using oversteer to pivot the rear of their car around the front tires.
Jayson
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 12:59 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

When you see someone pull the handbrake to make a tight turn, then accelerate out of it.. they are NOT drifting. they're using oversteer to pivot the rear of their car around the front tires.

E-brake is evil
FF blows
  Posted: Dec 14 2002, 05:25 AM

Unregistered

it's not like i have never been drive a FF car b4, i actually had 4 of my own, and 2 of 'em were civics. not that i have anything against honda, but just that i realized they suck, especially on the body frame and transmittion. i've tried every single way to drift on a FF, even my 00 celica gts, but it just doesn't work for sh*t. but i could easily drift on my friend's rx7. the most a FF can do is just the powerslide, if i would have tried to drift on a FF car, i would probably fall off the cliff with it's powerslide on those canyon roads.

i strongly doubt that Neo Vash knows anything about drifting, and i don't believe he's a good driver, cause anyone with the right mind would know that physics can't be bent. and driving relates to lots of physics, if he thinks physics can be bent, then it just made my point. HE'S JUST SOME HONDA FAN THAT DOESN'T KNOW SH*T.

since i've tried to drift with all my FFs and all they gave me was just the powerslide, i wouldn't even stick with it anymore since i love drifting so much. i think i'd be better off with getting a skyline gts instead. *Remember, it's not an FF layout otherwise it won't DRIFT*

does anyone know any good place to drift at night in Southern CA? cause there's cops everywhere. I don't know 2 canyon roads that don't have cops.
Jayson
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 10:57 AM

HE'S JUST SOME HONDA FAN THAT DOESN'T KNOW SH*T.

that was kinda taking it east, wasn't it?
Neo Vash
  Posted: Dec 23 2002, 05:02 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 98

FF Blows, has it ever accured to you that you dont know what the hell your talking about? and saying that iam just some honda fanboy? sigh. I could care less if you had 10 FF and couldnt drift them. Like i said before, it takes alot more skill to drift a FF then a FR. And to say that I'am a honda fanboy, then yes your correct, I am a fan of hondas. I do think that they are a great quality of cars. Like the NSX(wich is a Honda) the S2000, the Integra. Thier all great cars. But i also adore RX7's, Skylines, Supras ect... If you want me to call you something then your a FR FAN BOY you lil piece of shit. thier happy?
ryosuke
Posted: Dec 23 2002, 07:48 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 76

QUOTE (Neo Vash @ Dec 23 2002, 05:02 PM)
FF Blows, has it ever accured to you that you dont know what the hell your talking about? and saying that iam just some honda fanboy? sigh. I could care less if you had 10 FF and couldnt drift them. Like i said before, it takes alot more skill to drift a FF then a FR. And to say that I'am a honda fanboy, then yes your correct, I am a fan of hondas. I do think that they are a great quality of cars. Like the NSX(wich is a Honda) the S2000, the Integra. Thier all great cars. But i also adore RX7's, Skylines, Supras ect... If you want me to call you something then your a FR FAN BOY you lil piece of shit. thier happy?

I believe, the correct way of labeling you would have been, you're a RICE boy.
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 23 2002, 08:30 PM

IDforum OG member

how about we not label anyone?
calling you ryosuke wannabe wouldn't be very nice now would it? biggrin.gif hehe jus an example
Jayson
Posted: Dec 23 2002, 09:42 PM

Maybe you don't know what your talking about Neo Vash, from what I recall, you can't even drive.......
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 24 2002, 12:30 PM

IDforum OG member

QUOTE (Jayson @ Dec 24 2002, 01:42 AM)
Maybe you don't know what your talking about Neo Vash, from what I recall, you can't even drive.......

he can't? wink2.gif
but from what i can read, it would seem that he has taken an FF car and driven and drifted with it... dry.gif

but anyhow... i think we've had enough flaming in this thread...
like the title says "The New Theory on FF Drifting"
Theory by definition means - An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture
it is to suppose or presume... everyone is entitled to their own beliefs...
Chamber
Posted: Dec 24 2002, 02:15 PM

IDW Full Member

would all you ricers [with the exception of ryosuke] stop calling rear wheel drive cars FR

FR means front mount motor, rear wheel drive. commonly said in a sentence like "it has a FR drivetrain"

the difference isnt FF vs FR its FWD vs RWD.
Indecisive
Posted: Dec 24 2002, 02:50 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

QUOTE (Chamber @ Dec 24 2002, 02:15 PM)
would all you ricers [with the exception of ryosuke] stop calling rear wheel drive cars FR

FR means front mount motor, rear wheel drive. commonly said in a sentence like "it has a FR drivetrain"

okay, that's just like telling somebody how to pronounce something. you can tell them how to say it but you can't make them say it your way.

if you know wut they're talking about as well as everybody else then there's no problem.
Jayson
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 10:47 PM

Well what the hell? All FF cars have a front engine, I can't even think of a single front wheel drive car that doesn't. FR and MR are WAY different, so thats why they call them FR and MR, and not just "RWD". Your just a shmuck, thats all. tongue.gif
karasac
Posted: Dec 29 2002, 01:26 AM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Chamber @ Dec 24 2002, 02:15 PM)

i resent that remark

and calling it FF or FR already implies that its FWD or RWD, so what the biggie? tongue.gif
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 30 2002, 06:37 AM

IDforum OG member

a question...

before ppl said that ff cars can't drift cause using the handbrake is not considered a drift... then how come there's a term "Emergency Brake Drift" huh.gif
it's even on this site itself and almost everywhere else unsure.gif

"This technique is very basic, pull the E-Brake or (side brake) to induce rear traction loss and balance drift through steering and throttle play. (note: this can also be used to correct errors or fine tune drift angles)."
-http://www.geocities.com/go2iddrift
Jayson
Posted: Dec 30 2002, 11:33 AM

Thats a technique used for high speed slides IMO, once you pull that E-brake and start sliding, you little to no control, there's no way to correct it once you start it.

But, if you start a dift to soon you can pull the E-brake to get it sliding sideways more, but this isn't a very common technique, and it takes mad skills to use properly.
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 31 2002, 06:38 AM

IDforum OG member

well then the e-brake is just for corrections?
and wouldn't that cause a much slower exit?
Jayson
Posted: Dec 31 2002, 09:59 AM

Not really, because you actualy gain speed when you lock your tires up. Like I said before, thresh-hold braking is a MUST! sleep.gif
Guest_Neo Vash
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 09:26 AM

Unregistered

Jayson mabe you cant recall things to great ;] because iam pretty sure that i can and do drive everyday. And ryosuke, learn the definition of a RICE BOY faggot. liking a car dosent make you a RICE BOY, its what you do to your car that makes you one stupid. Your probrably a little faggot who puts a nice sound systems, 20s, some strobes, neons, light up things, lights under your 5ince drop car were you cant even see the lights and your F**k up your car every time you go over a speed bump. i bet i described your car perfectly, huh.

48 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »