Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Dr. Love feat. D. Essex - Max Power

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

36 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 500,007  ·  Replies: 879 
> 新劇場版 NEW Initial D The Movie 2014.08.23, Trilogy Part One Legend 1 Awakening 覚醒
keg11
Posted: Jul 26 2013, 08:53 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,131

If anyone is interested, the BGM in the trailer is Clutcho; its called "Abbey" and its from their first album "Wicked" which was released last month.

Not bad sounding, a good successor to m.o.v.e's OP/Closings if you ask me.
nasaeepandai59
Posted: Jul 26 2013, 09:08 PM

The One and Only Monstro

Member No.: 38,928

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 28 minutes ago)

The movie is not Final Stage.

I separated Final Stage AND New Movie. I know they are 2 different things. Please look at my post first before saying.
Perry
Posted: Jul 26 2013, 09:23 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (nasaeepandai59 @ 15 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
I separated Final Stage AND New Movie. I know they are 2 different things. Please look at my post first before saying.

What Nomake Wan was saying is that the trailer/promo video that you saw was for the movie, not for Final Stage. We know nothing about Final Stage other than the fact that it continues where Fifth Stage left of and is an anime. The new movie is a brand new adaptation of Initial D as a whole in movie format. Where it takes place in terms of the timeline in the Initial D universe is yet to be seen.

I know why it can be confusing though, because in the beginning of the trailer, it says the decision to make Final Stage has been confirmed. Then it plays a trailer of the new movie. Other than the Summer 2014 date for the new movie, we have no idea when Final Stage will even be completed. It's in production, that's all we know.

My guess is that Final Stage will be released after the new movie, possibly in 2015. So then they can say Initial D will finally wraps up in two decades since the manga started in 1995. happy.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
takumizim
Posted: Jul 26 2013, 09:44 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 37,186

Wow this could be great,hm hopefully this initial D will be the best memories for me happy.gif
hackgrid
Posted: Jul 27 2013, 01:15 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

Maybe they will release movie remakes of each series, ala Berserk. awesome.gif
Vortrex
Posted: Jul 27 2013, 01:52 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,745

Yeah good news while i'm on vacation !
And i have much better news! Summer 2014 i am going abroad, TO JAPAN!!!
And you know what that means! I gonna go watch Initial D The Movie in Japan!!!!! And i hope on the first day it lauches. awesome.gif
Can't wait for ir. But they could never cover up whole Initial D with a 120 min movie... so they probably do first stage only.

But Final Stage, i hope it will be the best initial d ever!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
nasaeepandai59
Posted: Jul 27 2013, 02:01 AM

The One and Only Monstro

Member No.: 38,928

Oh sorry my bad, I thought the trailer was for Final Stage but it is actually for the New Movie. But actually as what you have said and I have said, Final Stage and New Movie are 2 different things. From what I see now, I can understand that no news of Final Stage have been made in terms of when exactly it will come out BUT people say that Final Stage will come out end of 2013 and New Movie will come out summer 2014? That would be awesome. But in terms of chronological order, I guess it would be better if the New Movie came out first and then Final Stage as it would be much more fitting.

First we enjoy the remake and then standby for the final epic race which sounds nicer. But since its not that way, we can't do anything much but just wait it out and see how it pans out.

This post has been edited by nasaeepandai59 on Jul 27 2013, 02:04 AM
Tomo
Posted: Jul 27 2013, 11:47 PM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

very interesting, a shame it's gonna be another year since I wasn't totally in love with 5th stage.
AreYouDeeWhy
Posted: Jul 28 2013, 08:45 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,515

Anyone notice the pattern yet? Final Stage will maybe be just as long as Stage 1 or Stage 4.

Stage 1 - 2X episodes.
Stage 2 - 1X episodes.
Stage 3 - Movie
Stage 4 - 2X episodes.
Stage 5 - 1X episodes.
[The next movie]
Stage 6/Final Stage -??????

This post has been edited by AreYouDeeWhy on Jul 28 2013, 08:47 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 28 2013, 08:59 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (AreYouDeeWhy @ 14 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
Anyone notice the pattern yet? Final Stage will maybe be just as long as Stage 1 or Stage 4.

Stage 1 - 2X episodes.
Stage 2 - 1X episodes.
Stage 3 - Movie
Stage 4 - 2X episodes.
Stage 5 - 1X episodes.
[The next movie]
Stage 6/Final Stage -??????

Two cycles can hardly be considered a pattern. Not to mention that 99% of the series would be filler, since the manga's content barely fits one or two more episodes' worth of anime. I honestly have no idea what Final Stage will be. Probably a multi-episode OVA, but almost certainly not an anime series.
AreYouDeeWhy
Posted: Jul 28 2013, 09:09 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,515

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 8 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Two cycles can hardly be considered a pattern. Not to mention that 99% of the series would be filler, since the manga's content barely fits one or two more episodes' worth of anime. I honestly have no idea what Final Stage will be. Probably a multi-episode OVA, but almost certainly not an anime series.

Perhaps you may be right, but seeing how Stage 4 and up are already coming along how the first 3 stages are, there's a chance. Small chance perhaps, but it can happen. Though there might not be much to look forward to, seeing how the manga has gotten.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 28 2013, 09:19 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (AreYouDeeWhy @ 10 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
Perhaps you may be right, but seeing how Stage 4 and up are already coming along how the first 3 stages are, there's a chance. Small chance perhaps, but it can happen. Though there might not be much to look forward to, seeing how the manga has gotten.

Not even. Second Stage was an OVA, Fifth Stage was PPV just like Fourth Stage was. That isn't even a pattern. If Fifth Stage had been a 13-episode OVA then you might have had something to stand on but it wasn't, so your theory is baseless.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Jul 28 2013, 11:22 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Holy shit, am I the bearer of news this time?

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglOwvb3WC8 )

Look at that... another recap. Tell me, who exactly predicted a recap? tongue.gif

(Hint: it was me.)
hackgrid
Posted: Jul 28 2013, 11:52 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

QUOTE (Tessou @ 29 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
Holy shit, am I the bearer of news this time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglOwvb3WC8

Look at that... another recap. Tell me, who exactly predicted a recap? tongue.gif

(Hint: it was me.)

What is new in this trailer? blink.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 28 2013, 12:15 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Has it already been posted? I read that it was releasing today (29th in Japan), and found it on Youtube this morning.

EDIT: Drat, I see that it was already posted. Fuck me sideways with a lunchbox.

This post has been edited by Tessou on Jul 28 2013, 12:17 PM
Deadly Stalker
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 06:02 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,212

The final manga make me very speechless! No one care about Takumi VS Keisuke battle will show up in this real world, and why no more painting for Bunta (Impreza) VS Takumi (AE86) better final tournament in the ended story, Yeah there's only to watched a last of Takumi racing his father Subaru type & no reason Shuichi Shigeno will show up the final special secret without my final dreams when summer coming up to 2014. facepalm.gif

So is right myself, very not fair he's final idea to ended up the final hope again for Fujiwara Teams victory forever & all the real worlds! thumb_down.gif
PWNatorPWNED
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 02:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 41,831

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 12:15 PM)
Has it already been posted? I read that it was releasing today (29th in Japan), and found it on Youtube this morning.

EDIT: Drat, I see that it was already posted. Fuck me sideways with a lunchbox.

I would be glad to do that... derp.gif
Just kidding.

I am so hyped for the Movie and Final Stage! laugh2.gif Hopefully either one of them will have some more explanation for the vague ending in the manga...
I'm also hoping that someone will release this to the US, whether legal or illegal. Hopefully legally.
BOZZ
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 09:40 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

The new movie looks pretty interesting, I kind of hope it's a re-telling of the series as a normal movie rather than a compilation of the races (à la Battle Stage) with improved animation.
Perry
Posted: Aug 2 2013, 02:48 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4IR5vai-dE )

New 720p HD video of the promo is here. smile.gif
kkullar
Posted: Aug 2 2013, 04:01 AM

Initial D Live Action UK Stage

Member No.: 38,511

QUOTE (Perry @ 1 hour, 12 minutes ago)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4IR5vai-dE

New 720p HD video of the promo is here. smile.gif

Oh my! So good I could watch this a million times. Thanks for the better quality version. Just wondering any high res pictures of the artwork at the start?

Thanks smile.gif

Taro Maki
Posted: Aug 2 2013, 07:01 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 33,812

QUOTE (kkullar @ 2 hours, 58 minutes ago)
Oh my! So good I could watch this a million times. Thanks for the better quality version.

Yeah, the squirrel at 0:58 is so cute !!!!! dribble.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 2 2013, 12:13 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Yay! This is looking very promising. The style that they used for the race and the cars seems different from the series. It looks good though. I hope they use that style for the movie! happy.gif
Darth_BAMF
Posted: Aug 3 2013, 12:33 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 39,673

That was the movie teaser trailer. I think it's going to be epic

mike962
Posted: Aug 4 2013, 12:51 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 29,885

shouldn't the Clarifications On Fifth Stage section be updated ?
Perry
Posted: Aug 4 2013, 02:05 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

QUOTE (mike962 @ 1 hour, 11 minutes ago)
shouldn't the   Clarifications On Fifth Stage  section be updated ?

Will be updated soon.

QUOTE (kkullar @ Aug 2 2013, 05:01 AM)
Just wondering any high res pictures of the artwork at the start?

There we go! 1920x1080 of all the photos at the Young Magazine Original Art Exhibition 2013!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

36 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »