Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Another Dimension

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 433 434 435 436 437 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,538  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
MidnightViper88
Posted: Nov 16 2018, 02:39 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,034

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Yesterday, 1:11 PM)
You may scoff now, but don't come crying to me when Google has all your data and wants to charge you lots and lots to keep it, and you have no other options. Like photobucket style, or... mega style.

This implies that I even use any online storage or cloud services (that isn't Dropbox for the lazy purpose of file transfers between devices where I don't have to deal with the physical means of doing so).
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 16 2018, 03:04 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Yesterday, 1:11 PM)
You may scoff now, but don't come crying to me when Google has all your data and wants to charge you lots and lots to keep it, and you have no other options. Like photobucket style, or... mega style.

Assumptions are dangerous.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Nov 16 2018, 04:01 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

how prevalent are 4 season tires in the USA? i dont know if its a Canadian thing or just that i live in Quebec where 4 season tires are the usual choice im aware of that are in main use? i do have winter tires on my car so snow storms dont really come as a shock. i know some people still use summer tires but i usually choose 4 seasons as a default choice outside of winter season.

This post has been edited by 207 on Nov 16 2018, 04:02 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 16 2018, 07:45 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

All-season tires are everywhere. Even people here in CA buy them because they're cheaper than 'summer' tires.
Posted: Nov 16 2018, 08:05 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 20 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
All-season tires are everywhere. Even people here in CA buy them because they're cheaper than 'summer' tires.

thank you for the reply, its just weird to see so many cases where some places get caught off guard when hell freezes over and snow comes in earlier than expected. it made me wonder sometimes if some of those had summer tires or just didnt have time to change the tires over.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 17 2018, 03:03 AM

ShiMACHaze

The tires often have little to do with it; it's more that the squishy component between the seat and steering wheel tends to be woefully inadequate for the conditions.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Nov 17 2018, 08:08 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

I honestly don't know anyone who even bothers with summer and winter tires in the first place. Too much unnecessary labor when all-season exists, even with car nuts who orgasm over ever g-force they can get out of their street car.
Posted: Nov 17 2018, 08:24 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 20 minutes ago)
The tires often have little to do with it; it's more that the squishy component between the seat and steering wheel tends to be woefully inadequate for the conditions.

are those same squishy components also to blame when 2 inches of snow paralyze their city? or is it the city infrastructure that hasnt prepared for it? i find it mildly humorous when that happens given comparable snow coverage. then again the farther north a city is located more snow coverage they get so they're probably laughing at us at times too.
umustwait101
Posted: Nov 17 2018, 08:31 AM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 3:04 PM)
Assumptions are dangerous.

U r dangerous.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 17 2018, 01:37 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (207 @ 5 hours, 12 minutes ago)
are those same squishy components also to blame when 2 inches of snow paralyze their city?

Yes, they are, in fact. smile.gif
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 17 2018, 02:20 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 6 hours, 11 minutes ago)
I honestly don't know anyone who even bothers with summer and winter tires in the first place. Too much unnecessary labor when all-season exists, even with car nuts who orgasm over ever g-force they can get out of their street car.

(Upper) midwest folks typically have a set of steelies with winter tires on them to swap in when the annual blizzard hits.
Posted: Nov 17 2018, 10:43 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 hours, 6 minutes ago)
Yes, they are, in fact. smile.gif

LOL, 2 inches of snow for us (Quebec) is peanuts. the 4 seasons usually can deal with that with some careful driving. though i suspect careful driving isnt always common in society under certain circumstances.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 18 2018, 02:07 AM

ShiMACHaze

I think you're missing the point. The point is that that squishy component has a habit of leaving the vehicle and being a part of a city's local government as well. wink2.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 18 2018, 12:22 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Well, I set a new personal record on the crosstrainer today. I "run" 4.65 kilometers in 35 minutes and generated around 127 watts on average per minute. Why is it so easy to improve your stamina but not your muscle strength? pinch2.gif
umustwait101
Posted: Nov 18 2018, 12:43 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 21 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
Well, I set a new personal record on the crosstrainer today. I "run" 4.65 kilometers in 35 minutes and generated around 127 watts on average per minute. Why is it so easy to improve your stamina but not your muscle strength? pinch2.gif

Cuz you're doing the wrong kind of exercise.

You'll never improve muscle strength by running, unless if you're running with like 20lbs of weights on each limb.

To build strength, you have to do strength training (e.g. pumping iron). Focus on moving as much weight as possible a few times, instead of moving your body weight around countless times.
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 18 2018, 01:01 PM

I do strength training. I just meant that it isn't as effective in terms of results as endurance training.
Posted: Nov 18 2018, 08:36 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 5:07 AM)
I think you're missing the point. The point is that that squishy component has a habit of leaving the vehicle and being a part of a city's local government as well. wink2.gif

nah, im still aware that local governments are still run by squishy components too. if those squishy components dont heed the weather forecast then their in for a ride.
xiao
Posted: Nov 19 2018, 06:38 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Nerubian @ Yesterday, 2:01 PM)
I do strength training. I just meant that it isn't as effective in terms of results as endurance training.

If you really wanna build muscle fast, don't do any cardio, just eat more protein & do intense weight lifting ..

・ If your goal is to be a body builder, you're gonna get body builder results.

・ If your goal is to be a dancer, you're gonna get dancer body results.

・ If your goal is to be something balanced in between, you're gonna get something balance in between results.

Don't just exercise for the sake of exercising, define a goal for your body ..

Do you wanna be a body builder, an MMA fighter, a Navy Seal, an F1 driver, a gymnast, a rock climber, a rescue swimmer, a deep sea diver, a K-pop dancer, a ballerina, a contortionist, Captain America, Thor, Spider-man, Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, Kira Yamato, Pikachu, etc etc etc ?

Define a goal for your body, then follow it & don't cheat on your diet & exercise, and you'll see explicit results in half a year. sweatingbullets.gif

As a general rule, cardio makes your body faster & muscle makes your body stronger, it all depends what your goal for your body is 💪🤸‍♀️
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MidnightViper88
Posted: Nov 19 2018, 11:20 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

I aim to be the strongest living organism.
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 19 2018, 11:44 AM

QUOTE (xiao @ 5 hours, 5 minutes ago)
If you really wanna build muscle fast, don't do any cardio, just eat more protein & do intense weight lifting

I did that for a while and it was a bad decision because my stamina dropped heavenly. Sufficient stamina is also required to accomplish a set of repeats of exercises. My goal is to have an excellent balance of strength and endurance.

And of course, to be a ballerina Pikachu Cloud. wub.gif
xiao
Posted: Nov 19 2018, 12:30 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 1 hour, 6 minutes ago)

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 42 minutes, 11 seconds ago)

laugh.gif

user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
umustwait101
Posted: Nov 20 2018, 08:47 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Nerubian @ Yesterday, 11:44 AM)
I did that for a while and it was a bad decision because my stamina dropped heavenly. Sufficient stamina is also required to accomplish a set of repeats of exercises. My goal is to have an excellent balance of strength and endurance.

Go HIIT
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 21 2018, 05:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Nov 19 2018, 11:20 AM)

user posted image

user posted image
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 22 2018, 02:49 PM

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Nov 20 2018, 06:47 PM)
Go HIIT

Maybe, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary at the current state.

In other news, Bitcoin fell way below $5000. shifty2.gif
MidnightViper88
Posted: Nov 22 2018, 09:13 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

You know, go figure. I'm toting my mom back home from Thanksgiving at my aunt's place in the 2005 Mustang GT, and some modded IS300 want to go at it.

And it's not even like I'm disappointed that I couldn't have at him because of my passenger. If anything, it's annoying that feels like it's the mid-2000s all over again, with some Fast and Furious wannabe wanting a late-night street race with me because I drive a Mustang. I haven't had anyone try to pull this with me since that long ago either, and I'm not above putting down my pride to walk away from a dick-wagging contest. Just surprised that with every other Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger I see zooming around in Kentucky, it's an IS300 that tries to challenge me 5 months into owning this car.

But, if I DID have at him...it would be less embarrassing than when I entertained a Lancer in a turtle race in the 1993 2.3L LX. 105hp vs 120hp. Holy shit, that was EXHILARATING.

447 Pages  « 433 434 435 436 437 »