Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Eternal Circle

11 Pages  « 8 9 10 11  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 89,487  ·  Replies: 262 
> [Fanfic turned Original story] SPEED LEGEND Z!!, Release: VG 3.3 - NOW WITH LIP ANIMATIONS
Randy
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 06:38 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,890

Wow...I hardly read the entire thing of your story, and already I am drawn to it... o_o

Nice job.

Actually, I was doing a project of my own too that was somewhat inspired by Initial D, like yours...but too bad my schedule ain't anywhere as good as yours though to share with. xD

Keep it up man...I really like your characters and their cars. awesome.gif
IceStageN4SFD
  Posted: Nov 17 2011, 10:33 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,103

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ Dec 14 2007, 06:10 AM)
I just finished my whole series sort of alike to initial D - Speed Legend.
It's my own story but unlike Initial D, street racers in my series are damn young!
around 18 to 20 starting.
The hero in my series never started out as a really great driver, he was a total noob when it comes to street racing. In fact, he's just a spectator most of the time before he held the wheel of his NISSAN S14 SILVIA K's Aero (S14_2). Luckily, he adapts quick.
But, his primary car is a NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R V-SPEC2 R34.
The story is great! I've received good comments, reviewes and orders from my school mates & teammates. I hope there will be some who are interested with my work. I'll post some images soon.

see our team profile: Team Noyzee tribe also. and send us an e-mail! grin2.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
edited: 3/1/2009

The story is titled (as said above) Speed Legend.

PREFACE:

It's the story of a normal late teen-aged boy who was fond of racing in general but never gave the chance to experience it by himself. When he reached the proper age, he tried it and met his first high-skilled opponent while driving down Myogi's DH in a aged Nissan S14 aero K's. Through that rival, who was named as the undefeated Myogi's Knight, he improves drastically and realizes his talent at this. Every race he takes, which looks impossible or discriminating, his talent starts to bloom and after his big debut at Myogi, which ended up being his home course, word has spread and expects him to visit their home courses for a challenge to see how great the kid is. The once-defeated Myogi Knight, who turned out to be Kyosuke Katsumaru; well known around the Northern Kantou, would help him realize this moment even if in the end they'd still be bitter rivals.

Side stories include love and comedy in moderate amounts in the story. The hero, Tomogashi Kitsumoro, would soon figure out what to do with this unforseen talent that he just realized; whether he'd go pro or leave it as just a small part of him. He takes a choice and begins his glory only to see that his uncanny ability to adapt real quick on the roads would lead him to a place in the legend.

The rest would take place around the Northern Kantou Region, where a new generation of drivers would dominate one another and race after the spot to become one of the youngest legendary drivers.
--------------------------------------------------

The rest would be explained by comic series.
The prologue is posted and it would give you an idea of the character's inner driver.

Enjoy as you follow along the legend!

Great story. Too bad it isn't in pdf or book form so I can take it wherever I go. I kinda like it without the pictures because I like to let my mind unravel the story...
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Nov 18 2011, 07:35 AM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

@IceStageN4SFD Well, that can be arranged. If I recall right I have the web novel with me in PDF. Want a copy?
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Dec 11 2011, 05:37 PM

The R34's chosen one

just a quick bulletin:

Do like & support the official Speed Legend Fan Page. Thanks.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Supido-no-De...258562987536492

We're doing special product promotions too so check the page for details.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Dec 13 2011, 10:22 PM

The R34's chosen one

The first video of Supido no Densetsu VS Initial D & Wangan Midnight has been released.

Featuring Tomogashi Kitsumoro VS Tomoyuki Tachi
Course: Happogahara Inbound
BGM: THe race is the game / Dave Rodgers

Want to make your requests?
Like our Facebook page and post away!
All the details on this by-request series is noted on the page.

Supido no Densetsu FB fan page

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecnzf-Gd96A&feature=channel_video_title )
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Dec 24 2011, 06:30 PM

The R34's chosen one

New video as the setting goes par with the holidays. (see video description for details)

New video! Enjoy! Please like comment & subscribe.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph_nSUdNcgk )
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Jan 17 2012, 05:13 AM

The R34's chosen one

Still updating the other thread as a new story arc is in the Making.

On another note; I'm still taking requests for Speed Legend VS Initial D & Wangan Midnight.

Current battles WIP:
1. Raymond "Lightning Angel" Yamazaki BNR34 VS Takeshi Nakazato BNR32 @ Akina
2. Akio Asakura S30Z Fairlady VS Takara Nakayama S30Z Fairlady @ Yokohama
3. Hiei Kamura JZA80 Supra VS Gatchan Sasaki Celsior @ C1 Inner Loop
Gunma's 34
  Posted: May 9 2012, 05:40 AM

The R34's chosen one

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roc4SUiy4cY )

This is a continuation of the Web Novel, and as promised, turned into a graphic novel-movie. Enjoy. And I hope to get more views/reviews about this and succeeding parts.
Meteor
Posted: May 10 2012, 02:24 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

You've improved a lot in the time between the SL V vids and this one. The editing's gotten a lot better, the 2D cutouts and the game backgrounds fit each other better now (particularly in the opening race scene), the pacing is better, artwork's more consistent, you have a better understanding of using camera movements (especially in the opening race scene), etc etc.

Ein's VA is speaking in monotone too much, which is making him sound completely emotionless at points. But there's time before his next appearance so in the meantime you could tell him to practice putting a small amount of emotion into the voice (a small amount will do - overdoing it can easily lead to a weird sounding performance). Or you could just tell him to try relaxing his voice because the problem seems to be that he's focusing a lot on getting a particular type of voice and making his voice tense up too much in the process, leading to a slightly unnatural sounding performance. That aside, his voice sounds like a good fit for Ein. Just needs to be a little less monotone.

Ein referring to Adrianna as his master doesn't sound right, but I'm not sure if "mistress" would've sounded right here either. Also, the mental image Tomo got (the one before he said he didn't want Joseph preaching at him in Bob Marley's voice) was a bit hard to understand at first because it seemed to come out of absolutely nowhere. And I only got it because I know what's happened in your long-ass story up till now. But I'm guessing some of your viewers will have already read the parts that Viaggio Grande continues from, so maybe this isn't much of an issue.

Oh and, your pronunciation of Japanese names has gotten better.

The "R. . What are you hiding from me?" line. . . Since he's thinking/quietly talking to himself at this point, it'd sound better if the voice used was quieter than his usual speaking voice.

Oh look. More ponies. Anyhow, the way Joseph's hair sticks out of his cap could've been done better (it doesn't look like that hair is actually connected to his head - looks more like brown cylindrical-ish shapes glued around the brim of his cap).

Tomo's flashback of him losing it after hearing Daiki's speech had surprisingly decent acting considering some of the lines there were written in an unnatural sounding manner. You put in the right amount of emotion here and the expressions on Tomo's face in the early and late parts of the flashback were good for this scene.
The "Did I. . Actually say that?" line afterwards had good impact.

Also, kinda liked Kasumi pointing out that Daiki's intentions are probably more than just the ones given in his speech, but can't really pin-point why. Also kinda liked the line about trying to stay in a grey line.

Anyway, the acting overall was nice, the production quality has improved immensely, plot's progressing at a good pace and this is a decently made continuation to where the text story left off last time. I'm actually looking forward to the later episodes this time.

EDIT: One suggestion though. Don't use CAPS LOCK when typing the subtitles. Since we can already hear them speaking, typing any of their lines in all caps has a tendency to look unnecessary.

This post has been edited by Meteor on May 11 2012, 04:51 AM
Gunma's 34
  Posted: May 17 2012, 07:56 PM

The R34's chosen one

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnvAVXqwk-s )
Viaggio Grande 1.2 is now out!
Meteor
Posted: May 22 2012, 02:53 PM

Another nicely put together video. Good job again. Editing was good, the cutouts again did a surprisingly nice job of fitting in with the backgrounds, pacing was good, race scene was very fun to watch, the camera pans and sliding cut-outs made things look good, the artwork itself was nice and consistent (though the way Joseph's hair sticks out of his cap still looks weird) and the dialogue was nice for the most part. Good job to the actors too. They (and Joseph's actor in particular) played a big part in making this enjoyable.

The part where Team Japan's drivers were practicing did feel like it could've been made slightly shorter without really losing anything though. Not entirely sure about where the problem was, but I did notice Kitami was pausing too often during his lines (which contributed to the slower pace and also made his monologue sound unnatural). For now, tell him to practice saying his lines faster (but normal-fast, not super-duper-fast). That'll not only help with making his performance better, but can also help him loosen up his voice (potentially leading to even better performances).

That jump turn the Exige pulled off was awesome, by the way. The Mustang's slow-motion drift didn't look as awesome though and would've been better without the slow-motion.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next one even more. Viaggio Grande seems like it's going to be very good and stay very good.
eatsuki
Posted: May 24 2012, 11:18 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,650

I like the art! The videos are great, I'll show them to my friends. Nice job man, I look forward to reading all of this in detail.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Jun 3 2012, 08:15 AM

The R34's chosen one

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htt1_415Fek )

Viaggio Grande 1.3 is out! Enjoy! Next video release I'll be exposing myself publicly for some important announcements.
Meteor
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 04:28 PM

Next video release I'll be exposing myself publicly for some important announcements.

There's a joke hidden in there, but I'm too tired to use it.

Yeah. . . I guess I shouldn't have taken so long to post here.

2 or 3 of the lines in the opening conversation had some weird grammar, but the scene overall was okay.
The effects you used in the scene right afterwards didn't work well though. The whole camera-zooms-in-then-fades-back-to-starting-position thing got tiring quickly and just felt overdone. Maybe you could've made the fade-out part slower while slowing down the zoom-in-and-repeat part a little, so the zoomed-in image wouldn't disappear completely in between repeats and the overall effect would look less on-and-off and overly fast. . . . I don't know how to describe what felt wrong with it and I'm not really all that sure if the above suggestion would've fixed it.
Then Adrianna's out of her car and the effect gets used twice more. It didn't work for the first one (Adrianna being out of proportion with the rest of the image looked weird enough and the effect being used on only her cutout made things worse), but the second one (where the camera is zoomed in on a different cutout and panning up) managed to make it work.

Ein still sounds a little monotone, but his performance sounds natural this time.

The conversation in the hotel was okay too. Though Daiki's mention of "if anything untoward happens" makes it sound like backup drivers only get to participate if something dishonest happens beforehand to the main car. The line would've been better if untoward was changed to something else/the whole thing was rewritten as necessary to work with removing "untoward" and not replacing it with anything.

So what's up with the random slight slow-mo moments in the following driving scene? Was that intentional or just the replay acting weird or something? If it was intentional, I'm guessing you did it to emphasize how much of a perfectionist Sakura is. Anyway, it worked in a few places, but looked unnecessary elsewhere.

The way the R34 went wide on the corner where it got overtaken ended up looking like the car was intentionally being driven very wide to make it easy for the opponent to win, but the race scene overall was good. You always manage to pull off a decent race scene.
And now Sakura's dealing with what she considers her first defeat. So, is she really going to give up racing for good? Guess I'll have to wait to see the answer to that. I wonder what the announcements are going to be.

Anyway, congrats on finishing the first part of Viaggio Grande. Good work to all involved.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Jul 6 2012, 01:08 AM
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Jul 2 2012, 07:25 AM

The R34's chosen one

Here's a little update to keep it alive:

1. The Official Website has been made! Check it out here:
http://supidonodensetsu.wix.com/speed-lege...3;home/mainPage

Some parts are still a WIP like the Gallery & Trivia, but it'll be filled up in time... and yes it's a free-host web server.

2. Another potential trailer for Hachioji will be released. What's Hachioji? Check the website, lol. On a nutshell, it'll revolve around Seiji Tsuchiya and it's events in between Speed Legend Viaggio Grande & Speed Legend V.

3. Racing Battle C1GP will be added to the media sourcing for upcoming videos.

4. Viaggio Grande project will be on hiatus until further notice. Stay tuned for news of Viaggio Grande Movie II.

5. We're now accepting Fan Arts for the story. If you got some, post here and I'll feature it on the website.

---------------------------------------

For the site, I'd love to hear your comments about it and what do you think I SHOULD work on most importantly next. Thanks a million.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Aug 6 2012, 05:08 AM

The R34's chosen one

NOT exactly an update to Viaggio Grande, but in anticipation of Initial D 5th stage, I played my dusty PSP again and played some Initial D Street Stage and managed to do this after loads of tries:

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1VaVTvbsl0 )
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Aug 14 2012, 04:02 AM

The R34's chosen one

Here's a Viaggio Grande Related Video, a teaser clip of Viaggio Grande II

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab-PaDEQdkc&feature=youtu.be )

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Aug 14 2012, 04:02 AM
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Aug 27 2012, 10:15 PM

The R34's chosen one

another intermission battle video before the main Viaggio Grande movie. Do give me some time as I'm giving VG my 120% so I need to make it good.

[copy-pasta'd from WME Forums]

Here's the glorious battle of Tomogashi Kitsumoro VS Sakura Johina (R34 VS R34) in a uphill AND downhill race at Mt. Haruna (Akina). Can you guess all the attacks they've used in this epic race?

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lth8eF2RtRg )

P.S. This is me going all out on both. Because Mt. Haruna in TXRD2 is longer than in Initial D, the fastest time average is 4"10"XXX in an NA2. Both Runs clocked in at 4"14"XXX on the downhill and 4"2X"XXX on the uphill.
Meteor
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 11:02 PM

That Street Stage vid had some pretty good lines in it on some corners.

So anyway, how's Viaggio Grande II coming along so far?
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Oct 25 2012, 07:14 PM

The R34's chosen one

We present to you Viaggio Grande Movie II Part 1. Do share it to everyone you know and love. We have a special message to you all in the video. It's definitely a must watch!

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFBgROykKOA )
Meteor
Posted: Oct 30 2012, 06:15 PM

Something's up with this laptop that occasionally prevents it from loading YouTube vids. I was planning to rewatch VG2 part 1 in order to better form my opinions on it, but since that's not possible right now and it usually takes some days for the problem to fix itself, I'll just rely on my memory instead for now. Here's a rushed late-night review that may be edited later once I can rewatch what I'm supposed to be reviewing.

Well, as seen from the start, the editing's still good. The flashbacks in the intro to characters from earlier parts of the story were also nice. And now I realize I should reread the Canada-arc to get what Sir Nathan was talking about (speaking of which; a tiny problem: the subtitles here misspelled "ought" as "opt", which isn't grammatically correct here). Cut to Tomo in the mansion; and it's apparent that the shading's going to stay pretty good these days too (Tomo here fits in with the background quite well). I liked that you tried to animate his eyes somewhat rather than simply having him open-eyed from the start - a little motion does these characters good - and the intro was nicely put together overall.

Kasumi's VA's clearly gotten better at pronouncing Japanese in the time between Speed Legend V and Viaggio Grande II. This phone call scene is a pretty good transition between the previous scene (Tomo waking up) and the next scene (Kasumi finding Tomo just standing by the pool, then eventually telling him about the phone call). The dialogue there was decent overall, what the call was about is adequately explained, the sense of plot-continuity is strengthened by Tomo not being able to drive the R34 since it's being worked on (that's another part I've forgotten and need to reread) and Ein and Adrianna showing up nicely picks up from where the previous Viaggio Grande left off regarding those two and manages to be conveniently-timed for Tomo without coming from out of nowhere.

Adrianna's still got that General Anxiety Disorder thing going on, so off to bed with her. Kasumi seeing how much Ein loves her and then remarking that Adrianna's the most fortunate girl she knows was kinda funny when you think about what Adrianna's been through.

So Tomo's now en-route to where Sakura is. This scene was put together well too.
The dialogue here was okay. Her talking about wanting to be the best was decently written, Tomo talking about why there's not much that he wants had okay writing as well; and the callback (is that the right word?) to an event from way back in the story and the mention of how it made Sakura want to keep racing was nicely done.
I did it funny though how Tomo and Sakura are talking like normal, then Sakura has a flashback; and once the flashback ends Tomo suddenly has his arms wrapped around her from behind. This was a small moment that did seem to come out of nowhere.

So Sakura's really going to give up on racing, huh? Yeah, the closer look at the perfectionist side of her does help a bit, but her giving up racing like that still does sound a little forced as someone on WME mentioned. I wonder if she'll change her mind anytime soon though. I don't know when or how you did it, but I'm actually caring a little bit about whether she's really giving it up or not.
One or two lines of dialogue may have benefited from some rewording in this scene, but the scene itself still worked (and worked fairly well) since the dialogue did have actual thought and effort put into it (as opposed to most aspects of a certain other series I didn't even bother finishing the first episode of. . . .).
The final scene with Sakura getting in the Porsche for one last ride was also decently written and nicely put together.

The art was pretty good this time around too, but I did notice that everyone other than Kasumi was consistently drawn well. Her face didn't seem to have as much structure to it as everyone else's did (there were scenes where her eye-placement could've been fixed a little); and there was one scene where her arms looked way longer than they normally are. Again, everyone else was drawn fairly well though.

Overall, Viaggio Grande II is also off to a good start. And I'm interested in the later parts this time around too.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Dec 6 2012, 08:17 PM

The R34's chosen one

The only thing I could say about Tomo suddenly wrapping his arms around Sakura is... FANSERVICE XD.
I just made sure to show that Tomo's heart is still lingering - lingering in the sense that he doesn't know whose heart he should take / whom he should fall in love with: an exposed truth about youthful intimacy with the opposite sex. Sure he likes Kasumi, also Rikona & Natsumi back in his HS years but there's always the childhood lover; of sorts that Tomo's supposed to have and Sakura's that girl.

I'm still in the midst of creating VG-II but as a sideline; other than my secular work, I've done a little trailer for players of WMMT, which also includes some hardcore Initial D fans out there.

The fact that Hakone's in Kanagawa is a testament stating that WMMT is also okay as a secondary arcade game to feature Initial D based characters.

Check the trailer here. PM me for more info or if you're interested in preordering one, being an INitial D and WMMT fan.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmj6wnuL96U )
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Dec 15 2012, 02:00 AM

The R34's chosen one

Latest update:
A teaser clip X AMV from Viaggio Grande 2.2

Regards to Lindsey Stirling for her awesome cover of "Grenade" with Alex Boye and the Salt Lake Pops Orchestra.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eefjz4lAd4 )
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Jan 3 2013, 04:54 PM

The R34's chosen one

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3kU6qCs63E&feature=youtu.be )

Focusing on Adrianna Eizaguirre, she gets challenged by a humble friend for the sole reason of getting concerned over her current physical condition. She declares it as a battle and shows her true prowess once again against the "loud" street racer of Waikiki, Joseph. Follow this intense race between the McLaren F1 and the Farboud GTS down the mountain roads of Makiki hill.

A must watch for all; do share it to everyone.

Hope you enjoy! and Like, Comment & Subscribe by the way!
Meteor
Posted: Jan 16 2013, 02:09 AM

Thanks for sending me a d/l link Gunma. Still can't load YouTube, so I wouldn't have been able to watch this otherwise. As requested, here's a review.

This time around, the whole thing gave me the sense of the plot getting somewhere.

Nice start with the Noble drifting around. I felt the car sounds could've been set slightly louder in relation to the music (was watching it on my desktop this time), but the driving here was good and you showed good editing skills again with how the whole driving scene was put together and how seamlessly it led into Joseph and Minami meeting up and talking. And it's still cool how you're putting 2D character cutouts into 3D video game backgrounds and getting the end results to look natural a lot of the time. And most of the other scenes show nice editing too, so I'm not going to point out every single one of them.
This conversation scene does a nice and quick job of setting up the plot for this part of Viaggo Grande and simultaneously establishes that the main plot is still moving forward, with the two talking about the Grand Battle that Tomo and Adrianna are supposed to have and Joseph revealing that he's going to try and take Adrianna's place; as well as sufficiently explaining how and (most importantly here) why he's going to do it.
Following this is what I'll call the opening to 2.2. The car sounds present here could've been slightly louder too IMO, but this was yet another well put together scene. Good footage, good driving, good artwork, good editing, good job making the 2D fit in with the game footage (yet again), good use of the 2D cutouts, good job putting part of the story in this opening; and good job getting the music to put it all together. Your video making skills impress me these days.

Next, a scene of Joseph driving to and parking at Adrianna's house to get things started again. This scene avoids being boring and decently sets up the next scene too, where Joseph ends up making his challenge (via "Desafiar Mon!" written big on a sheet of paper). This part amused me a little. It reminds me of the sort of humour you used back when the story just started out (something I liked about the earlier Speed Legend). The dialogue here flowed well too; and having Adrianna hold onto her pendant at the end was a nice touch.
The aura scene here didn't look right though, for reasons I can't really put into words right now. And the cutout of Joseph looking backwards at the camera could've been drawn better (his head is gigantic in that one!).

From there, you smoothly transitioned into the race scene by having other racers talk about it.
I felt the race scene here wasn't as good as it could've been though. The car sounds and the music in particular felt pretty quiet in comparison to the voices; and the slo-mo aura moments just dragged down the pacing (but keep experimenting with those auras. You might find something that works really well). The overtake at the beginning (where Joseph jumps right over Adrianna) also should've looked really awesome, but something about the editing here got in the way of its awesomeness (and I'm not sure what). It was still a decent race scene though.
Once that's over, it's dusk out as Adrianna and Joseph talk after the race; and the way you altered the lighting on the cutouts to match looked great. And as these two keep talking, there's eventually a genuine moment between them. This scene stood out because of how genuine that moment really felt. You did good with the writing there and all three actors in this scene played their parts well.

And the scene after Joseph leaves was okay. Don't have much to say about it.

Anyway, I'm certainly up for 2.3 now. I'd have liked to review this in better detail, but time's short, so I'll just say: good work on this one overall.

11 Pages  « 8 9 10 11