Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Beyond The Horizon

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 18,701  ·  Replies: 50 
> [FANFIC] Low Light Demon, Chapter 14: Adrenaline!!
?wha?
  Posted: Dec 3 2007, 04:33 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,914

As said, I got bored and decided on fanfic to alleviate it. updates will be at random, 'pending on if i get around to typing it tongue.gif Enjoy then smile.gif

~~~The Low light Demon~~~

"Dad, I'm going out with Project D. Won't be back for a few of days."

Takumi Fujiwara prepared his usual pack of amenities for the long haul out to the Chiba prefecture. As he turned to leave, Bunta let out a grunt of question.

"Where to now, if you won't be back for a 'few days'?"

"To Chiba... Why?"

At this point Bunta raised an eyebrow.

"I hope you're not headed to Nokogiri-yama, and if you are, you better.... never mind."

And with that he returned to his newspaper. Perplexed, Takumi got in the Trueno, and headed off for Mt Akagi's peak.

-----------

After reaching their destination at the top of Mt. Nokogiri-yama did Project D get a glimpse of their upcoming opponents: a white Toyota GT4 ST205 and a Nissan R33 GTR. With the usual formalities between the teams, the double aces shot off for their practice rounds. Ryosuke, meanwhile stood outside with Fumihiro, analysing data on the laptop.

"Takumi shouldn't have a problem this race, though I would like him to try a few techniques for his later battles"

"All well and good Ryosuke, but does it justify only bringing in two vans and your FC?"

Ryosuke narrowed his eyes: "I have a strange feeling about this race. Not because of the opponent, the video kenta shot gave me some omens. Especially when that Evo IX flashed by during the first of his botched attempts."

Meanwhile, Keisuke was enjoying the challenges presented by this course. It somewhat resembled the time in Saitama when the thugs tried to do in his beloved FD, and got their come-uppance in the form of Kyoko's FD, albeit that the course was quite straightforward and the guys driving were quite poor. He was enjoying himself so much that he did not even notice the dim set of headlights that flashed past, and only realised when the white Evo IX was in front. With a spurt of flames, it ricocheted forward and disappeared, leaving Keisuke in a state of dumbfounded shock. Shaking it off he continued his practice and only much later, did he finally reach the top of the mountain, and approached his brother:

"Aniki, did you see a white Evolution IX pass by here just now?"

"No Keisuke, there haven't been any cars passing through here apart from Fujiwara's. Why?" with a crease appearing on his brow, and a feeling of deja vu welling up.

"N-Nothing Aniki, probably some local idiot on their way home.... Ah I think I'll wrap it up for the night, it's nearly dawn anyway."

-----------

Tired as he was, Takumi found himself trundling back up the mountain for the last time, with the sun starting to peek out from behind the peak. "This is
one hell of a mountain to drive on..." thought Takumi, eyes semi-focused on the road. "twists, dark spots, even gutters similar to Akina! I am soo going to enjoy this race, whoever the opponent.... wha!?"

At this point, a car streaked past, but it lingered long enough for Takumi to get a good look at the car.

"Evo IX, lightly tuned, nothing too special, and HOLY....."

A huge White aura erupted around the Evo as it pulled away.

This post has been edited by ?wha? on Feb 12 2010, 06:03 AM
Meteor
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 04:40 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

*adds to the list*

I
Would
To
See
More

That's quite a random name lol
?wha?
  Posted: Dec 3 2007, 04:48 AM

I got the idea the other day as I was driving.... having someone cut across you in the dark without proper headlighting is quite freaky and dangerous. So thats my inspiration in case all you people are going WTF is with the name tongue.gif.
VTiRoj
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 05:08 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

Short, but sweet grin2.gif

White Evo IX's are teh bomb tongue.gif looking forward to more smile.gif
?wha?
  Posted: Jan 14 2008, 03:39 AM

In lieu of the absence of fanfic updates, here's the next chapter biggrin.gif Enjoy!

Chapter 2: The Racer's Chill

Sitting in the local diner, Takumi could still not rid himself of the burning image of the Evolution and its menacing aura. He had only seen one aura as big as the one he saw last night: that of his father stalking him in the Impreza, and even so he had glimpsed enough of his father's technique to know that if the driver of the Evolution was anything to go by, he would be in a whole new load of trouble if he were to inadvertently challenge him. “Crap crap crap crap crap, this isn't good. I must focus on tonight and tonight only! I cannot let this impair my knowledge of the course.” he muttered. “Anything wrong Fujiwara?” asked Matsumoto, in which Takumi replied while rising from his chair “Nothing... nothing at all. Still a little tired from yesterday. Lets go now.”

Several schoolgirls, who had been eyeing him from a distance, scuttled away as he rose from his seat. As he made his way to the door, he accidentally bumped into a tall, slim man on his way in. “Oh I'm sorry!” apologised Takumi. “Not at all” replied the man, looking at Takumi with his black, calculating eyes, giving Takumi an uneasy feeling

~ ~ ~

Back at the peak of the mountain, a panda Trueno and an emerald Celica GT4 were idling side by side, their exhausts rising into the cooler autumn night air. The Celica's driver, Yamato Suzuhara looked around nervously, as he noticed the unusual grunt of the Trueno's engine, and the spotlights cast by Project D's vans gave it a slightly menacing stance, like a lion waiting in the shadows stalking its prey. He sighed and shook his head, when a thought struck him, and for a moment, instead of the Trueno idling next to him, he saw a streak of pure white flash before him, then he blinked, and the 86 returned, menacing as ever.

Meanwhile Ryosuke was giving his usual mystical pep talk to Takumi. “This shouldn't be too difficult. Treat it like Tsukuba and Irohazaka.” Takumi looked at him with his usual bewildered stare as his mentor ambled away to his curiously parked FC, one that usually would not be there on other trips. Before that oddity sorted itself out, Fumihiro's voice rent the night air.

“5 Seconds to the start!”

~ ~ ~

Somewhere on the sidestreet of the mountain, a figure was sitting on their car, tuning secretly into the details of the race that was occuring at that very moment. The light from the car was dim, and only the low light was enough to give a shadow on the owner, but the crackle of the radio could be clearly heard in the absence of commentary.
“This is corner 34, and the 86 is leading by a long mile. Looks like the GT4 has blown the suspension trying to copy the 86 in some bizzare maneuver. I can't even describe what it did, but all I can say is, that driver of the 86 must have a death wish to be going that fast!”

At this point a set of headlights began to come into view, and the driver made a swift movement to the driver's seat, and after putting on the harness and firing up the engine which sounded like a war cry in the night, the driver muttered softly: “Show Time!”. The 86 flashed by, and it was followed by a squealing of tyres and smell of burnt clutch as the white Evo IX went in hot pursuit of its target.

~ ~ ~

Takumi felt bad for leaving his opponent hobbling with his damaged car, but one who races against God Hand learns that you should take any opportunity given, and that's what he did. Flooring it through the next set of S curves, he caught a glimpse of a pair of headlights, faint but the car was unmistakable. “Evo, the very same. You aren't beating me twice!” and with it, he four wheel drifted through the next hairpin, only to realise the Evo had glued itself to his bumper. Takumi felt the sweat forming on his forehead and his hands. He knew he was in big trouble, and with the gallery around him, he was hard pressed to keep the lead from the car behind him. “The S curves next will finish it!” but he spoke to soon as during his lapse of concentration the Evo slipped by, leaving Takumi no option but to go for the only option he could.

~ ~ ~

The radio crackled beside Ryosuke: “This is the Sidewinder, and…. the 86 is trailing a white Evo IX!” Keisuke, who was dozing in the seat behind, his brother, woke with a jolt, and turned up the volume. “It has come and Fujiwara is doomed this round” was all Ryosuke said. Returning to the radio, the same voice issued the commentary.
“Here they come into the corner, the 86 with no lights. The Evo still has lights, and is going toe for toe with the 86 in brakes! They’re going into the first turn, and…”
There was a thud, some gasps and squealing, which lessened briefly before increasing in volume before all was silent. Then a voice spoke through.
“The 86 has spun out! The Evo switched off its lights mid-turn and did something funny… either way the 86 spun out as soon as the lights went off!”
Ryosuke chuckled, and walked back to his car. “Don’t worry, Fujiwara will be back for vengeance, and I seem to have a new interest.” he explained to the rest of the crew before shutting the door of his FC

~ ~ ~

A phone was ringing in the Fujiwara Tofu shop, and Bunta emerged from the light that was his room which was used to make tofu.
“Fujiwara Tofu Shop” grunted Bunta through the receiver, before the cigarette in his mouth dropped to the floor.
VTiRoj
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 03:50 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

QUOTE (?wha? @ Today at 11:39 AM)
“Fujiwara Tofu Shop” grunted Bunta through the receiver, before the cigarette in his mouth dropped to the floor.

Oh no! What will Bunta do now his cigarette is on the floor?! ohmy.gif

Sweet update, hard luck for the Celica though. tongue.gif

I think the Evo turned his lights off, then slowed right down to try and make Takumi panic and spin out. wink2.gif But hey, I could be wrong.

Cant wait for the 3rd install! biggrin.gif
Meteor
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 04:40 AM

“Here they come into the corner, the 86 with no lights. The Evo still has lights, and is going toe for toe with the 86 in brakes! They’re going into the first turn, and…”
There was a thud, some gasps and squealing, which lessened briefly before increasing in volume before all was silent. Then a voice spoke through.
“The 86 has spun out! The Evo switched off its lights mid-turn and did something funny… either way the 86 spun out as soon as the lights went off!”

I think the Evo turned his lights off, then slowed right down to try and make Takumi panic and spin out. wink2.gif But hey, I could be wrong.

I think so too. I think that the Evo driver turned off its lights so that Takumi went into the turn blind, not knowing where exactly his opponent was. And then, surprise surprise! As Takumi's drifting, he notices a familiar glow of red in front of him. . Takumi panics and spins out.

Cant wait for the 3rd install! biggrin.gif

Same here biggrin.gif
steele01
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 02:13 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,300

Awsome Keep it up grin2.gif really pacy
RickyDGreat
Posted: Jan 17 2008, 01:08 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

humm will bunta be getting into the mix, Time for bunta to lay the smack down fear2.gif
?wha?
  Posted: Jan 24 2008, 03:57 AM

Between work, a fortune teller and super mario galaxy I managed to finish chapter 3! enjoy!

Chapter 3: That's my WHAT!?

It was close to dawn, and a familiar looking WRX was making its way down Mt. Akina at suicidal speeds, though for anyone who knew the driver, it was a leisurely drive, and another day in the office for Bunta Fujiwara. Nonplussed at the lack of company in the house, he decided to go for his usual hobby after deliveries: hunting for a race or two to relieve his boredom. As the thought crossed his mind, a midnight blue Mitsubishi Starion started appearing ahead of him. Seeing as his usual bunny had gone AWOL, he contented himself to harass this newcomer, and floored the gas to glue himself to the Starion's rear bumper.

~ ~ ~

The 86 pulled into the Fujiwara Tofu shop's driveway, the driver still shaking slightly after his ordeal earlier. Takumi still remembered it well, the disappearence of light from the road, then seeing the Evo with its brake lights right in front of him while tripod drifting through. It was about then that Takumi lost it, trying to match his opponent's blistering pace which had already put a good five to ten meters between them, and increasing. His teammate's reactions though didn't show any sign of horror or disappointment, especially Keisuke who, by the looks of it was more relieved that Ryosuke had called off the time attacks so that Takumi was in any condition to drive the 86 back.
Getting out of the car, Takumi noticed that the WRX was gone from its usual space outside the shop. “Crappy old man, always gone when I need him” muttered Takumi, before he walked up the stairs and without changing his clothes, flung himself down onto his bed face down, before he fell asleep five minutes later.

~ ~ ~

Meanwhile Bunta was enjoying himself tailing the little Starion down Akina. The driver clearly had skills, as Bunta could see them four wheel drifting through a particulary tight corner. Grinning, he decided to do likewise and both cars found themselves equally matched.... for the time being.
“About as good as Takumi I'd say, or that funny Takahashi fellow he always hangs around” analysed Bunta as they cleared more S curves. It was about this time that the Starion driver was clearly fed up with the tailing, and wanted the WRX out of sight as quickly as possible, so on the next turn, it hooked its tyres into the gutter. Feeling more than amused, Bunta followed suit, double hooking and propelling himself past the poor Starion, but not before slowing down a bit so that he could get a good view of the driver. It was a girl, who's expression at the time looked as if she'd seen a ghost. Chuckling to himself, he privately thanked the driver for giving him such a fun time before speeding away but not before recognising the licence plate.

~ ~ ~

“Aniki, you there?” was the call from outside Ryosuke Takahashi's room, who's owner was busily analysing data on his computer. The door opened, and Keisuke walked into the room, sitting on his brother's bed as Ryosuke stopped typing to turn around. “The race from yesterday was an interesting one; you should have learned much from this race. I'm surprised our uninvited guest did not hang around for the uphill as well. What would you give yourself to beat that Evo?”
Keisuke looked alarmed at he question, then scratched his head, “Well, given Fujiwara spun out, and that he was shaking like a leaf afterwards when we got down to check on him... next to nothing really.” Ryosuke glanced at him, before continuing, “I was checking into the mysterious Evo IX you saw, and Fujiwara experienced first hand. I have a few sources telling me the driver used to be a well known racer right here in Gunma, and one of the fastest on Mt Akina.” Keisuke snorted, “That would be Takumi's old man then. No biggie, everyone knows.” “Appraently not Keisuke. This driver had a penchant for driving Mitsubishis only, and in particular, a Starion JD Widebody. They retired fifteen years ago and moved to the Chiba Prefecture and has not been seen since, or at least I would suspect until now. The driver is also on the same skill level as Fujiwara-san for them to know and use such a reckless tactic of defeating the blind attack. The problem lies in finding out if my hunch on who this driver is, is correct”

~ ~ ~

Late afternoon and Bunta was driving back from a chamber of commerce meeting. Pulling into the street which led to the shop, he realised that someone was parked in his spot, and that a woman was talking to his son in the shadows inside the store, who by now had to have woken up or he would have to spank the kid. Pulling over and bracing himself, he walked towards the two, he found a very flustered Takumi and a pretty thirty-something year old woman.
“Dad! About time you got back! This woman here is looking for you. D'you know her, because she knows my name without asking?!” At this point, the woman got up, turned around and gave a warm smile and a nod before she hugged Bunta, while Takumi stared at the two, more trying to stop himself laughing in the face of Bunta's obvious resignation of the situation.

“Takumi, meet you mother, Yoko Fujiwara... Takumi?” Takumi wasn't listening, only looking past his father to where the blue WRX used to park, only finding a white Evo IX in its place, a look of horror on his face before collapsing.
VTiRoj
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 05:20 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Takumi's mother drives the Evo IX?! AND the Starion?! Woah, now thats one hell of a twist to the story. ohmy.gif

Man, I cant wait for chapter 4 cool.gif
Meteor
Posted: Jan 25 2008, 04:35 AM

laugh.gif @ Takumi collapsing in shock.

But yeah.

TAKUMI'S MOM IS ALIVE?!

TAKUMI'S MOM DRIVES AN EVO IX?!

Update soon! biggrin.gif
kazahana
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 03:36 AM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

Member No.: 21,778

Good lawd!!!
Yoko Fujiwara? Wow...
I cant wait for the next instalment grin2.gif
?wha?
  Posted: May 25 2008, 05:08 AM

Okies I'm going to Necro my Fanfic, only because I figured my stockpile of chapters is going to go to waste if I didn't post it.

Chapter 4: Square One

It was an odd sight, seeing a female in the Fujiwara residence. The only other time here was one in the house was when Natsuki was around, and now that she was in Tokyo, there wouldn't be much of her around for a good while. But none the less, Yoko Fujiwara started where Natsuki left off: making herself at home inside the male dominated house.
“It's been a while since I've been here” noted Yoko, looking around the living room, while Bunta who was sitting opposite her puffed on a cigarette. He needed one, after lugging Takumi unceremoniously up the stairs to his room so that he could have some peace and quiet. “And nothing much has changed of Takumi... still the same brat as always.” Bunta added which rose a chuckle from Yoko. “You never change do you, after all these years. I hope your driving skills haven't as well.” Bunta raised an eyebrow to this “So I guess that's why you wanted to come back down to Gunma, and Mt Akina then. Thought I saw your car yesterday, same licence plate, same Starion. Only problem was the driver. Couldn't recognise her.”
“Same with Takumi. I thought it was you who was driving that same 86... until it spun out. Judging by his reaction, I'd say he was the one driving it and just looking at his style, I'd say he's better than you from when you were his age.” Bunta snorted “He still has a long way to go before he's anywhere near my ability when I was his age.” Yoko smiled. “Same old Bunta isn't it?”

~ ~ ~

Keisuke was running all out up Mt Akagi, spurred by his teammate's failure to beat the Evo, and probably his own. Ryosuke and the rest of Project D sans Takumi were keeping track of his progress up the top of the mountain, laptop, GPS receiver and all. As Keisuke was pulling into the carpark, he was followed in by a midnight blue Mitsubishi Starion, the turbo blowing off into the night air. Ryosuke watched this little procession with interest, as the Starion parked close to where Keisuke did, much to the latter's surprise. What surprised him even more was the person who stepped out in nonchalance to the whole affair: a girl, and from Ryosuke's judgement, just a little bit younger than Takumi if not the same age. She made her way over to Ryosuke, who looked surprised at the sudden disappearence of everyone to places not within the vicinity of his van and himself.
“Good evening, could I speak with Takahashi Ryosuke please?” “Cute,” thought Ryosuke, “and pretty ambitious” “That would be me. Anything I can help you with?” asked Ryosuke, still with the surprised look. “I would like to race your brother tonight, down this mountain.” and with that she gestured towards the road leading down Mt Akagi. “That could be arranged, but I would like to know your name first.” With a devilish twinkle in her eye, she replied with a low voice “You'll find out after the race, if I get one. I'll be waiting in my car while you discuss it.” and with that, she turned around and walked off.
It took about a minute for Ryosuke to realise that Keisuke was lounging beside him on the van, grinning at the former's blank look at the retreating figure. “So I assume you want me to race so you can score with this lovely young woman?” Keisuke asked, feigning as much indifference as possible to conceal his urge to laugh at his brother's quickly flushing face, and before he could answer or give a retort, Keisuke said “I'll race in any case. I need the practice, even though I have the advantage. Its not every day that my dimwitted yet ingenious brother gets an opportunity like this.” Ryosuke, have recovered his wit, warned Keisuke “Just remember when you race, the opponent has a Group A turbo installed. It will be difficult for you to pull away in every aspect so tread with caution.” before he got up and walked over to where the Starion was. Keisuke, as bewildered as he was surprised, made his way to his FD to prepare for the race.

~ ~ ~

Takumi woke with a start, head still spinning and not knowing how he ended up on the floor of his room. Sitting up, he pinched the bridge of his nose, flashing back to the events before his current state. When he reached the part about his mother, he got up and ran down the stairs to the living room. “DAD!” and he skidded to a halt at the bottom of the stairwell, only to find the customary Bunta, cigarette and newspaper there. “Takumi, we need to talk about your current situation, or more simply, OUR situation.” Takumi blinked “Listen well, because both our lives depend on it. When Yoko and I retired 15 years ago from street racing, we had a falling out about how we should raise you two...” “Us TWO?” began Takumi before Bunta smacked him around the head to shut him up. “It was then I made a decision which has got us into this mess... that I would raise you to be a racing legend. Yoko only agreed to having only me train you on the condition that should I fail, we both have to commit Seppuku to appease her, and that is how you haven't seen her for fifteen years, and probably forgot about her. I was hoping she would forget but you just happened to wander into her territory and she remembered. Now we both have to race to save ourselves.”
“How could you do this to me!!?? Pulling me into YOUR mess because of some argument??”
“Anyway the race has been set, 10pm saturday which is in three days. You'll be doing the downhill, I'll be doing the uphill against your mother” “Then who will I be racing?” asked Takumi, fearful of having to race against the Evo again. “Manabe” was all Bunta had to say, before adding as an afterthought “Oh Yoko's gone out for a spin on Akina, so you might want to be asleep by the time she gets back. She'll be pelleting you with questions from now until eternity, and also you need to do deliveries in a few hours so beat it” and with that, he went back to his newspaper.

~ ~ ~

“Goddamn she's persistent” thought Keisuke as he fended off yet another attack from the Starion. It was soon clear that this driver had skills to rival his own and Takumi's. As they barreled down the straight towards the final five hairpins, the Starion made a decisive move to the inside as they entered the first hairpin. As Keisuke moved in to block it off, the lights on the Starion went out, and it tripod drifted its way around the second hairpin. Before Keisuke realised, the Starion was level going into the third hairpin, and having the disadvantageous inside lane he was powerless to stop the Starion passing him, and effectively ending the race. He sighed, as he rolled his car to a halt at the finish line, behind the Starion. Getting out, he saw the girl standing in front of his car, examining the bodykit. “Can I borrow your phone please? I'll keep my promise to your brother” the girl said, with a cheeky grin. Keisuke admired her boldness, and held out the phone with Ryosuke's number already dialed. She took it with thanks as he picked up.
“Hello, Ryosuke? It's me. My name's Manabe Fujiwara, a pleasure to be of acquaintance.”
Meteor
Posted: May 25 2008, 06:55 AM

TAKUMI HAS A SISTER?!

Finally! An update. It's a good one too.
Things are getting even more interesting now.

MOAR PLZ!
VTiRoj
Posted: May 25 2008, 11:43 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

The Fujiwara family gains 1 more member! biggrin.gif

Nice to see this fic hasn't been forgotten. smile.gif I can't wait for the Fujiwara tag team battles. laugh.gif

MOAR! tongue.gif
.M.
Posted: May 25 2008, 12:19 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,224

MOOOARRRRR THIS IS FTMFW!!!!!
Drew
Posted: May 25 2008, 06:44 PM

Bought not Built

Member No.: 12,733

OMFG!

This is amazing!

+1 MOAR!!!!!!111one7seven
?wha?
  Posted: May 29 2008, 06:27 PM

Posting this as I'm sitting in a lecture theatre with NFI WTF is going on.... Chapter 5! Enjoys biggrin.gif GO EEEPC!! XD

Chapter 5: Three's a crowd, Four's a nightmare

Keisuke and Ryosuke alike, at opposite ends of the mountain had the same expression on their faces, as Manabe handed back the phone to a limp Keisuke. “Tell your brother if he wants a rematch, he'll know where to find me” and with that, she hopped back in her car and took off in the direction of Mt Akina. A full two minutes had passed before Keisuke's phone rang; the time it took for Ryosuke to digest this piece of information and recover his senses from a bigger shock. “Keisuke, remember our conversation this morning? Looks like we'll have to have a word with Takumi about these turn of events.” “No kidding! I thought getting trounced by one Fujiwara was enough, now I have two to deal with? What the hell is going on here?”

~ ~ ~

His father had always insisted that he use the 86 whenever he went to do deliveries after an expedition on the grounds that “You'll trash my Impreza if you didn't, and then I'd have to kill you” principle, so Takumi found himself “trundling” up Mt Akina with the tofu in the back, still trying to sort out the whirlwind of the last few days in his head. He had unwittingly battled his own mother, who promptly caned him seven ways from sunday, learnt that she was going to live with them for a while, and to cap it all off, he was going to literally die if he loses the day after tomorrow. All these thoughts brought Takumi to the front of the hotel. After taking in the tofu and receiving the payment from the last period, he walked out to find a girl, much to his displeasure sitting on the 86's bonnet.
“Anything I can do for you there?” asked Takumi as politely as he could without removing the unwelcome presence from the 86. The girl giggled “Could you help take me to your shop please? I'm kind of lost at the moment, and getting directions at this time of day is nearly non existent, so lucky I found you!”
“Who are you by any chance?” Takumi said, with eyebrows beginning to arch. “Oh, I'm Manabe, your younger sister.” Takumi, with all that's happened lately did not find it very surprising. “Ok, I'll accept that you are my sister on one condition. For you to get up here you would have a car, so if you want me to show you where I live, you'll have to keep up with me down to the bottom of the mountain. Deal?” After hearing this, Manabe's eyes widened happily and rushed off to the Starion parked in the shadows of the carpark. “Then, I take it, it is a deal”

~ ~ ~

Parked somewhere halfway down the mountain, just illuminated by the misty dawn light Ryosuke was standing next to his FC, waiting for the customary 86 to pass through the long stretch where he was parked. Keisuke on the other hand was napping in the passenger's seat, trying to forget that he had lost to not one, but two Fujiwaras. Suddenly the sound of engines, and a turbo blowoff pierced the dawn air and Ryosuke straightened up, walking to the middle of the road with the intention of inviting Takumi to a diner for coffee and discussing the topic of Manabe. However, as he came over the crest, he showed no signs of slowing down for his mentor, instead flooring it as fast as he could past him, and off into the distance.
Before Ryosuke recovered from this setback, the Starion blasted past him much like the 86 did, nearly throwing Ryosuke off his feet and the wind created enough to rock the car to wake Keisuke up. Gobsmacked at the unflattering show of courtesy, Ryosuke silently turned towards the door of his FC and got in. “'Sup Bro? What happened?” yawned Keisuke, clearly still half asleep. “Keisuke, please put your harness on. We have a little chasing to do.” and Keisuke was thrown against the window as his brother threw a donut and drag launched his car in hot pursuit of the rapidly disappearing duo.

~ ~ ~

“Sorry Ryosuke, I'll make it up later.” muttered Takumi as he shot past his surprised mentor. Any other day he would have stopped for him, but unfortunately today he was letting off some steam against a person who claims to be his sister. Naturally, as Takumi reasoned, all Fujiwaras would have some degree of driving skill, as shown by his parents so this girl had better keep up to prove her claim. As he finished with that thought he saw the Starion's headlights, unnaturally dim as though it were on the auxiliary setting in his rearview mirror.
“Perfect, now here determines whether she has the skill or not” as they approached the infamous 5 hairpins. Hooking his front tyres into the gutter, he propelled himself around at an ungodly speed. “You're not leaving me behind!” said Manabe as she also hooked her front tyres where Takumi was a few seconds earlier, still keeping a respectable distance between them. The next three hairpins passed in similar fashion until the last.
“Last test then, * sis *, if you can keep up, you've earned my trust”, and Takumi did the double gutter hook to literally sling himself around the corner. “Well well, never tried that before, but who says I can't?” and showing very Takumi-like skills she copied him in his maneuver. Takumi heard the double thunk and smiled.

Meteor
Posted: May 29 2008, 07:43 PM

WE! ARE! RUNNIN IN THE 80s-! Err. . Awesome update, MOAR PLZ!
VTiRoj
Posted: May 31 2008, 09:36 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Yes, yes! Brother vs Sister battle go!!!! grin2.gif

Manabe seems to be a female Takumi looking at driving skills, this is good news for us but bad news for Takumi. tongue.gif

MOAR. happy.gif
?wha?
  Posted: Jun 5 2008, 04:58 PM

Again, I'm at uni, the last day before StuVac and exams, so updates won't flow as regulary. However, this fic won't be dead! So presenting Chapter 6!

MOAR SUPPLIED!!!!

Chapter 6: Eye before the storm

After unsuccessfully trying to chase down the 86 and the Starion, Ryosuke's ego was slightly damaged, Keisuke was left with a few bruises from the ferocity of the chase, and both nursing their respective damages in the local diner at the base of Mt Akagi in their respective ways: Ryosuke with a cup of white coffee and Keisuke with a greasy big breakfast. “As I was saying before our chase after Fujiwara was that Manabe can be a real possibility of being a relative of Takumi, even someone within his own family.” Ryosuke paused here to take a sip from his coffee before continuing, “Given the driving skills of her, and also the familiar Starion I would be prepared to bet that Manabe is in fact Takumi's sister.” Keisuke strted choking on his bacon upon hearing this, but Ryosuke decided to let Keisuke suffer. After about thirty seconds of hacking, choking and gagging he finally managed to compose a coherent sentence “If that's the case then I'll never be able to live it down.”
“Funny that, you learnt to live down being beaten by me long enough to become my team mate.” Keisuke spun around and Ryosuke looked up to find Takumi standing next to him, a bit tired but looking serious.

~ ~ ~

“Hello? Is anyone there?” Manabe walked into the Fujiwara Tofu Shop and looked around, marveling at the Tofu making machines before a figure grunted in the shadows before revealing himself in the sunlit front area of the shop. Bunta as always was smoking a cigarette and looking curiously at the person on the other side of the register, not knowing to treat them as a customer or something else, before looking out the door and seeing the blue Starion. Chuckling, he turned to Manabe and gestured her towards the living area behind the counter. “Your mother has already arrived Manabe, and I would guess, judging by the time between you and your mother's arrival that you decided to do a bit of joyriding?” Bunta's face was stern, but at the same time amused at the thought. Manabe grinned at him. “It's only natural that travelling all the way here, I would like to indulge myself in a race or two, especially against Takumi nii-chan” and walked into the shop. “So now it's a race of the brats eh? wouldn't have seen it coming.” and taking a final puff of his cigarette, he flicked it casually outside before retreating to the shop.

~ ~ ~

“So,” Ryosuke said as Takumi made himkself comfortable with a large cup of coffee “Keisuke and I have been discussing about you and the blue Starion you were racing this morning.” “I'm sorry for not stopping” Takumi replied, bowing slightly to acknowledge the older man's position. “I'm not concerned about that, more is the point, that same Starion beat Keisuke on Mt Akagi last night.” Keisuke flushed at this comment and Takumi looked over to his team mate in mild surprise. “Takumi, is that driver your sister?” Takumi looked startled by the comment, as if he couldn't believe that news spreads faster than his feats against Keisuke more than a year ago. “Yeah she's my sister, and how would you know Rysouke?” The brothers looked at each other, one with a blank look, the other with a grimace before it dawned on Takumi what happened, and he couldn't help but chuckle, only wounding Keisuke's ego even more. “I would have never guessed you would lose to Imouto, but then again, we're Fujiwaras.” Takumi chuckled, before returning to a serious manner. “Ryosuke-san, could you please do me a big favour?”
~ ~ ~

A white FC and an 86 pulled up in front of the Fujiara tofu shop as the sun was setting, Ryosuke taking Takumi on a few spins up and down Mt Akagi before deciding to call it a day. As they got out of the car, they were greeted by Yoko and Manabe, both who had seemed to have had their hands busy ridding the house of excessive male oriented tastes but both had the time to look up and greet the older man.
“Where's dad gone?” asked Takumi in a half-hearted question; he probably already knew where he had gone at this time of day. “Oh, he left early. said he needed to do something with the Impreza, and mightn't be back for a while. By the way, whenever did you get this?” and Yoko whipped out the photo Natsuki took over a year ago, at the beach. Startled and beginning to flush rapidly, Takumi made to snatch it out of her hand, but was flattened before he even got near the incriminating document. “I never knew about this! Come on, spill the beans or else mum will have to beat you again!” At this point, Ryosuke intervened, much to Takumi's good luck. “Good afternoon Fujiwara-san. My name is Ryosuke Takahashi, and I am Takumi's mentor...” “See mum? I told you Ryosuke Takahashi is great! He has to be even better than Oni-chan!” “Well that may be the case...” Ryosuke fidgeting uneasily but soon regained his composure. “Takumi has asked me whether you would consent for my team and I to officiate your race tomorrow night. We will provide the personnel and lookouts down the mountain and if you need it, support crew for your cars as well.”
Mother and daughter alike looked at each other, then to Ryosuke, then to Takumi, then back at each other and nodded. “We wouldn't mind that, in fact, I think we would enjoy the audience quite a bit wouldn't we?” Yoko answered, looking at Takumi and Manabe sternly, but she didn't have to considering both of them looked more than happy to agree. “Good, now that's done, I would like to ask a favour.” Takumi glanced at his mentor; whenever did Ryosuke need a favour from him other than Project D? “I would like to take Manabe for a test drive through Mt Akina if it's alright with you?” Yoko paused for a second, glanced once at Ryosuke, once at Manabe and one more to the FC outside, then smiled and nodded. At once Manabe shot from the room, while Ryosuke managed a muffled thanks before adding for Takumi “We need to tend to Keisuke's FD tonight, and I'd like your input. 10pm Mt Akagi.” before excusing himself. Yoko sighed. “You're so lucky to have a good mentor, and Manabe's lucky to have an older brother.” Perplexed, Takumi limited himself to nodding before heading upstairs to his room.
.M.
Posted: Jun 5 2008, 05:19 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,224

only one word needed. MOAR
Meteor
Posted: Jun 5 2008, 07:54 PM

Project D is about to get a third driver?

MOAR PLZ!
VTiRoj
Posted: Jun 6 2008, 02:49 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Oh no, they found Takumi's picture stash! laugh.gif

They can't have 3 Project.D drivers can they? Unless theres a new type of hill they have to cater for. Neither up or down hill. They could boot Keisuke out though, he's slow. tongue.gif

+1 to the MOAR count.

3 Pages  1 2 3