Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Mickey B. - Take Me Baby

Important Rules
NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,673  ·  Replies: 81 
> Toyota Drivers Assemble!
Phantom_R32
  Posted: May 24 2004, 04:20 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

Altezza rox on alot of uphill tracks but i think its really good on mostly Akagi and Akina
HoboDan
Posted: May 27 2004, 05:13 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 936

its also really good on Iro downhill, cuz i have beaten a lot of people on iro...
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jun 4 2004, 09:07 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

anyone that drives the celica! is it worth getting? all i hear is its good on uphill..but i wanna try something new
babba-r32
Posted: Jun 5 2004, 09:14 AM

Miata Drifter and DGTrials Ambassador

Member No.: 1,671

i finally got a celica. its overall good uphill, but in akina downhill you can take most of the corners in 4th gear. really drifty car for a 4wd. very heavy car. grin2.gif

This post has been edited by babba-r32 on Jun 5 2004, 09:15 AM
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jun 6 2004, 04:07 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (babba-r32 @ Jun 5 2004, 09:14 AM)
i finally got a celica. its overall good uphill, but in akina downhill you can take most of the corners in 4th gear. really drifty car for a 4wd. very heavy car. grin2.gif

Is the MR-S a hopless or is it possible to be good with it? cause i was thinking about switching to that instead of moving my MR2 to ver.3 or should i just stick with the mr2?
babba-r32
Posted: Jun 8 2004, 12:00 PM

My friend drives an MR-S, I used it once on happo and actually got a better time with the MR-S than with the MR2.
It behaves just like the MR2, I think the speed is better though.
And it looks like a cheap Porsche. grin2.gif
d0ob0o
Posted: Jun 8 2004, 08:03 PM

<3

Member No.: 1,467

levin 8-6...sux...it has AMAZING accel but thats about it...i advice no1 to get it...thats y i only use it on the extremely noob ppl...
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jun 17 2004, 07:53 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

The car seems ok...but i wouldnt get it
babba-r32
Posted: Jun 17 2004, 09:03 AM

really dont get the 86 turbo, it has so much power that the wheel shakes at high speeds. really.
WILD DAIGO
Posted: Jun 21 2004, 10:47 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 1,945

Celica Driver here

This car is by far the MOST underatted car in the game. I mean I have people in roadsters and S2000 racing uphill and beleiving they are gonna dominate me. the Celica at 990K is a force to be reckoned with. Its not a car for someone is looking for easy wins. it trully takes skill and patience to master one. The celica is one of the FEW cars that benefits from External Parts. Using combinations of the parts give it better handling at higher speeds. on Myogi, after to reach 196, she fishtails but using the C-ONE hood, Enkei Wheels, and C-ONe muffler, the combination somehow eliminates that problem. she is good goin downhill and even better goin uphill. she can even beat a DC2 on akagi UH and on Akina UH, she destorys 98% of the roster. check your dry rankings and see for yourself. In the rain though, shes like a blobk oc ice on a wet surface. drifts ALOT and looses too much speed on hairpins. on iro wet though, you can combat this by just taping the brake on the turns. Overall the Celica is ranked 14/32 which isnt bad at all. her only REAL threats overall are the DC2, the FDs, The FC, The 8V, and the Evo4.
rlan214
Posted: Jun 21 2004, 05:22 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 812

i got my trueno and i beat my friends wrx and sti going downhill grin2.gif
im still a newb tho
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jun 21 2004, 07:31 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (DEVILDRIVER @ Jun 21 2004, 10:47 AM)
Celica Driver here

This car is by far the MOST underatted car in the game. I mean I have people in roadsters and S2000 racing uphill and beleiving they are gonna dominate me. the Celica at 990K is a force to be reckoned with. Its not a car for someone is looking for easy wins. it trully takes skill and patience to master one. The celica is one of the FEW cars that benefits from External Parts. Using combinations of the parts give it better handling at higher speeds. on Myogi, after to reach 196, she fishtails but using the C-ONE hood, Enkei Wheels, and C-ONe muffler, the combination somehow eliminates that problem. she is good goin downhill and even better goin uphill. she can even beat a DC2 on akagi UH and on Akina UH, she destorys 98% of the roster. check your dry rankings and see for yourself. In the rain though, shes like a blobk oc ice on a wet surface. drifts ALOT and looses too much speed on hairpins. on iro wet though, you can combat this by just taping the brake on the turns. Overall the Celica is ranked 14/32 which isnt bad at all. her only REAL threats overall are the DC2, the FDs, The FC, The 8V, and the Evo4.

Parts dont make the car go any faster for any car even the Celica..and to tell the truth DC2's suck on Akagi uphill so ur not gonna get a challenge anyways..take on a skilled spirit r player uphill. and the celica has alot more threats than the ones u mentioned..

Myogi - The Skylines
Usui - Sil80/180sx
Akagi - Rx7's FC's and FD on dry and the Skyline R32 on wet
Akina - the Trueno/cappo..even the Roadsters on The DH...lol
Happo - Civics and Integras on dry Skylines and civics on wet
Iro - MR2 G-limited and EVO's and Integras

and i calculated the Percentage of the Celicas uphill ranking and it would beat 74.864% of the cars. round it up and that makes 75%.. so that might be why its "average"

WILD DAIGO
Posted: Jun 26 2004, 10:22 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 1,945

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Jun 21 2004, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (DEVILDRIVER @ Jun 21 2004, 10:47 AM)
Celica Driver here

Parts dont make the car go any faster for any car even the Celica..and to tell the truth DC2's suck on Akagi uphill so ur not gonna get a challenge anyways..take on a skilled spirit r player uphill. and the celica has alot more threats than the ones u mentioned..

Myogi - The Skylines
Usui - Sil80/180sx
Akagi - Rx7's FC's and FD on dry and the Skyline R32 on wet
Akina - the Trueno/cappo..even the Roadsters on The DH...lol
Happo - Civics and Integras on dry Skylines and civics on wet
Iro - MR2 G-limited and EVO's and Integras

and i calculated the Percentage of the Celicas uphill ranking and it would beat 74.864% of the cars. round it up and that makes 75%.. so that might be why its "average"

ok first things first. in IDAS, internal upgrades (resetting ECU) effect your speed where external upgrades (Changing wheels) effect you handling. also the DC2 inst the best up akagi but it by far does not suck. In a battle, it can beat all the other cars that are ranked above it but thats based on the drivers skill. Its still in the top 10 which make formidable against any car on that course. also when I mentioned the threats to the Celica, I was refering to all around and excluding the course kings because...........well, theyre the course kings. Saying a skyline can beat a Celica on Myogi is a no brainer. Also I have taken on Skilled FD drivers and Ive beaten some of them. Im not glorifying the Celica as the sleeper car of the millenium. Im just here like everyone else to share my experiences and advice on a car that only a few people seriously drive as their primary car. also id like to know where you got your calculations for the Celica. Not saying that their wrong, but Id just like to see for myself.
babba-r32
Posted: Jun 27 2004, 04:51 PM

I really dont know , but any car is a good car if you know how to drive it.

==========
Posted: Jun 27 2004, 05:14 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,873

MR2 DRIVER HERE JUSS GOT IT A WHILE AGO AND STILL HAVEN probs witht the oversteer ITS CRAZY an i was juss wondering if the GINORMIC spoiler helpes with the oversteer..............or yea..........HELP
babba-r32
Posted: Jun 27 2004, 08:10 PM

what spoiler is that. Say the option of that spoiler.
My MR2 has option D on it and it drifts a lot. really fun to drive though
==========
Posted: Jun 28 2004, 09:38 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,873

yeah option D the gigantic one
babba-r32
Posted: Jun 28 2004, 07:15 PM

then you are gonna drift a lot compared to other spoilers.
here is the list of what different spoilers do to your car control, this is from my own mr2 experience.

option A, normal drift.
option B, helps speed pickup/acceleration
option C, little more drifty than A
option D, most drifty
atomicracer33
Posted: Jun 30 2004, 03:33 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 2,156

The AE86 is my car.....i hate when these kids say"why are u using an AE86, just get a DC2"....i just say STFU....DC2's are cheap and not REAL drifting cars....the DC2 doesnt help u get better cause its too easy....I need a challenge.....i lost my first AE86 card i beat the first 3 areas of Legend of the Streets (told u im still a noob) and had some fast time trials....i found out today that they have IDver2 in the mall near my college so now i can actually play more....beat the first 2 areas today....so i guess i am getting better.....AE86 rocks
Trey Ayanami
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 01:56 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 590

QUOTE (MR_2 @ Apr 25 2004, 04:43 PM)
Toyota MR.2 whistling.gif Need more practice...stop playing I.D for at least half an yr now ohmy.gif

exactly my situation. I went to see Farinhiet 911 the other night and there was a version1 there, so I blasted around in my sw20 *favorite car in and out of the game* beat up to shingo then my movie was starting so I had to jet. good to know I can still play decently... I was never very good incomparrison to most people I saw at playdium but I didn't get much of a chance to play tongue.gif *whines and pretends to make excuses*

back on topic* Yea MR2 sw20 g-limited. Turbo would be nice, but its un-nessessary and handling would be sacrificed for speed.
Turbo 85
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 01:22 PM

Caucasian Usui God

Member No.: 2,131

I gotta stick with my levin 85. I love smoking integras on iro. grin2.gif
Posted: Jul 5 2004, 03:05 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,188

I use an Altezza. It has awesome acceleration and good handling plus I really like the looks of it (stupid tail lights though IMO).

This post has been edited by Skylinedriver on Jul 5 2004, 03:08 AM
d0ob0o
Posted: Jul 5 2004, 01:16 PM

<3

Member No.: 1,467

QUOTE (Skylinedriver @ Jul 5 2004, 04:05 AM)
I use an Altezza. It has awesome acceleration and good handling plus I really like the looks of it (stupid tail lights though IMO).

wtf? u dont like teh crome taillights? wtfs amatter with u? haha jk and i think u shoulda got option B for ur is 300 B looks so kick ass
Hachi
Posted: Nov 4 2005, 10:36 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,082

QUOTE (Turbo 85 @ Jul 2 2004, 01:19 PM)
I gotta stick with my levin 85. I love smoking integras on iro. grin2.gif

WHat you smoke Dcs props man I hate those f**kers. Does that get a supercharger at 120K like the 86 levin does or what?
W.A.R
Posted: Nov 4 2005, 10:43 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

I only use my Trueno all the way I stay with that car until I die I am also going to buy a Trueno in real life that is how dedicated I am to the car. Oh I hit a 2 24 in akagi dh dry and happo ib dry a 2 24 675 in akina dh dry 3 01 002 so close to 3 00 or less.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4