Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Fly Me So High

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,726  ·  Replies: 29 
> Toyota Killing Off Scion
Tessou
Posted: Feb 6 2016, 02:45 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Was that on just the second generation, or did the first gen get that option as well? I'd love to see a first gen supercharged tC up against the chief competition of the time: Cobalt SS Supercharged.

There were a lot of neat little FWD monsters back then. The Mazdaspeed Protege comes to mind.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
  Posted: Feb 6 2016, 03:09 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

First gen, way back when.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Feb 6 2016, 03:20 PM

Group Icon

An interesting phenomenon is just how well the "sport" versions of those old coupes hold their value. Cobalt SS models with the supercharger are still holding strong at around 7k. Same for 1st gen tCs. MSP Proteges also hold up around 6k.

Factory-supercharged sport coupes have always fascinated me. They're a rare breed.
The Sixth Element
Posted: Feb 7 2016, 12:46 AM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 2:21 PM)
You think the angular box tC looks better than the smooth first generation model? I thought they made a mistake with the redesign.

I think the appeal of the tC was that it came during the fever pitch of Fast and the Furious, and you could have it customized to order, instead of spending money on parts and installation post purchase. It was an inexpensive sport coupe with a great warranty and support from one of the most reliable marques on the planet (at the time). What's not to love?

Well, I liked the front of the Second Gen TC instead of the First Gen. I do like the aggressive look that it makes. The redesign is not bad to the point it hurts eyes.
Tessou
Posted: Feb 7 2016, 09:52 AM

Group Icon

If they put the front of the second gen on the body of the first... perfect.

2 Pages  1 2