Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) P.Stone - Hooligans

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,639  ·  Replies: 28 
> Is This Arcade Stage Thread Dying?, Fellow members your view!
xyeohts
  Posted: Oct 10 2008, 08:16 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,770

i have been around since V4 was around.. but as the year comes by, this thread has becoming less and less active with low amount of active posters..

there was once there was this new guy to the thread posting up silly thread that won't last.. a lot of posters are gone.. Retsuka (the fella i like to fight with), brian_infinispeed, a few more i can't remember.. or did Sega screw up the game with their lousy 1.5 update?

share with me!
icedagger
Posted: Oct 10 2008, 08:37 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

I had to laugh a bit at the title of this thread:
Is This Arcade Stage Thread Dying?

laugh.gif

IMO IDAS4 will never be as great a game as IDAS3 was. Sure the graphics and sound effects are cool, but the game lacks the depth to keep a long-term player base happy. Quite simply put it fails on numerous fronts.

Don't get me wrong though. I still think IDAS4 is a good game, but to be honest I'm still quite disappointed with it.
DamienWolf
Posted: Oct 10 2008, 06:49 PM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

xyeohts, I'll be honest. Its threads like these that actually help more in killing the arcade section. Posters will always come and go. Icedagger said it correctly about the game's popularity with the people. Other people just gave up on their goals and went about on their way. Instead of making threads like these, why not start one which actually promotes more interest on the game, right?
RooP
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 08:34 AM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,314

lol. if you wan to promote it, come up with a competition with VERY attractive prizes.

i sorta missed competitions. i would consider organising one if i had plenty of cash to spare. LOL
DamienWolf
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 05:43 PM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

We have competitions down here as well as team battles. Its just that most of the Filipino players dont post here in IDW. ID4 is still alive and colorful down here, of course just not as ver3 ever was.
Kylie_FD3S
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 06:15 PM

What goes around comes around...

Member No.: 7,601

Ahhh... version 3! So many memories. I would say I had the most fun with V3. I mean I've been around since Version 1 but V3 was a blast to play. happy.gif
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Oct 12 2008, 08:05 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

i'm still around, i mean i check here almost everyday when i have the chance... it's just that as of late, i don't post unless it's absolutely necessary... i don't want to get into some BS online fight/argument just because of small comments...
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Oct 12 2008, 09:12 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

me too,i'm still around checking on the forum..but i had to admit it that these forums is more less popular than WMMT forum and the game also...everytime i pass by i also hope to see someone battle for idas4 so i can join in...but it still a good game like icedagger said.it stills giv me fun and happy times and i'm willing to spend money in it...so cheer up bro...at least i know u guys are around...

special thanks xyeohts:thanks for giving me so many tips when my trip to penang...
xyeohts
  Posted: Oct 13 2008, 04:17 PM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

well wolf.. i am doing this hoping that one day our beloved Sega would come in and read up this thread as well..

the Sega's ID4 is not as good as the 1.5 released in Japan! It is so so different due to a few function that was not installed into the international 1.5..

Hey anyone here wanna do a petition and submit it to Sega about ID4 complaints and why we are not enjoying it as much as ver3?

Say I here and i would put it on the first post in this page..
KTX
Posted: Oct 13 2008, 10:22 PM

The Silver Panda

Member No.: 20,369

Haven't logged on in a long time, but still been around. ID4 was actually a blast for me, the first 3-4 months or so. But once 2008 came around the corner a sudden decline in popularity occurred. I tried to continue playing, but with no one else to share my interests with, I quit in spring of 08. I hope the ID community can get back together for ID5, with the hopes it will be better than the current one. But, nothing will ever bring me as much joy as ID3 has, ever. But anyways, SEGA, I am waiting.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Oct 13 2008, 10:25 PM

The Dozuki Master

as much as we want to all express our gripes about 1.5 (actually not just 1.5 but for ID4 in its entirety), the way i see it, feedback from the international community won't do much benefit compared to feedback from japan...

IMO the only way sega would really listen is if the overall feedback from japanese players is not that positive compared to IDAS v1-v3... with the way things are going, they probably would feel good as far as ID4 is concerned since unlike in the old versions when they get left out in the IR by HK, korea, taiwan, etc., they get to dominate the IR in ID4 with times that we could only dream of getting in the international version...
KTX
Posted: Oct 13 2008, 10:32 PM

The Silver Panda

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ Today at 10:25 PM)
as much as we want to all express our gripes about 1.5 (actually not just 1.5 but for ID4 in its entirety), the way i see it, feedback from the international community won't do much benefit compared to feedback from japan...

IMO the only way sega would really listen is if the overall feedback from japanese players is not that positive compared to IDAS v1-v3... with the way things are going, they probably would feel good as far as ID4 is concerned since unlike in the old versions when they get left out in the IR by HK, korea, taiwan, etc., they get to dominate the IR in ID4 with times that we could only dream of getting in the international version...

Hmm, If that's really so than I believe that Japan should empathize more with the international population rather than just trying to please themselves. There is a significantly large lack of features for the international version that many people think led to ID4's demise. I didn't really mind, but many people took it on a personal level that they had been cheated.
icedagger
Posted: Oct 13 2008, 10:34 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

To be honest, I think 1.5 physics was better than 1.2's... But what really sucked was Sega changing the physics at all. Sure, they messed up the first time around, and decided it to fix it, but they basically screwed over everyone who spent a sh*tload of money getting good at v1.2.
KTX
Posted: Oct 13 2008, 11:00 PM

The Silver Panda

QUOTE (icedagger @ Today at 10:34 PM)
To be honest, I think 1.5 physics was better than 1.2's... But what really sucked was Sega changing the physics at all. Sure, they messed up the first time around, and decided it to fix it, but they basically screwed over everyone who spent a sh*tload of money getting good at v1.2.

I was one of those people, lol. Yet another reason for my retirement.
BNR34NISMO
Posted: Oct 14 2008, 09:28 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 29,087

i agree with most of you.. ID3 was so fun back in the day. ID4 is now..somewhat boring..even the HK ppl at my arcade rarely play now..and back thentheyed play ID3 EVERYDAY!. like most ppl would agree yea ID4 graphics are better but gameplay...ID4 CANNOT beat ID3...TOO MUCH MEMORIES FROM ID3!!...

This post has been edited by BNR34NISMO on Oct 14 2008, 09:28 PM
KTX
Posted: Oct 16 2008, 06:46 PM

The Silver Panda

QUOTE (BNR34NISMO @ Oct 14 2008, 09:28 PM)
...TOO MUCH MEMORIES FROM ID3!!...

I weep when you say that crying2.gif
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 08:00 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

I'd be way more active, but I'm in the states still. That being said, the closest ID machine, of any version. Is a good three or so hour drive from me.

I'm not driving that far just to play a video game when in due time, I could spend the same amount of cash on one of my real RX-7's. I'd travel that far for a real drift/autox event. But as I said, not for a game.

Now when I'm overseas, that's a different story. 'Cause given how close I am to Akiba and the fact that there's a decent game center close to where I stay, I play quite a bit.
Mist
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 09:10 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 26,581

Heh... don't know if anyone remembered me. I still visit the forum from time to time but never post anymore. People like echizenryoma, BDDEE@, and Alv are not active anymore.

Here in BC, Canada, ID4 (1.5) is pretty much dead. There's no more players of decent level to compete against anymore. Last time I played ID4, I managed to get a 3'10 (horrible i know) on Akina DH, my fav map, but because there's not much point of improvement I didn't play much.

When the game isn't active anymore, I don't think the forum could get that much more lively. I just hope ID5 will create some sparks again. (Assuming we won't get shafted too badly due to being international)
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 10:59 PM

The Dozuki Master

ID4 here is not that dead yet, there are still some places here wherein you still need to wait for your turn to play... but most places that have ID4 don't have a big following anymore, either it's too expensive or they just elect to spend a bit more on transportation costs to go to those so-called hotspots... and there's no ID4 outside metro manila... ID4 as a whole doesn't have a huge fanbase unlike the older versions mainly because of the disparity between the japanese and the int'l english versions (it's just like two entirely different games)...

i personally admit i could have posted a huge number of times in threads like car help, post your day, q&a, etc., however i just thought i'd be spamming up the boards and i hate to get into an argument just because of posts like a-good-day-or-time-attack-run-for-me-but-still-slowass-for-the-pros and so on... i just let my so-called "IR resume" speak for itself... XD

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Oct 20 2008, 11:08 PM
Clever Sleazoid
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 08:56 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 27,922

lol damn, it really is kind of a sad thought, isn't it...

I haven't been active on this forum for that long, but I've been playing in SoCal since v.1 (RIP SVGL)... there in the beginning when it was just gaining momentum, to the full-blown explosion of v.2's popularity, right at the epicenter at Arcade Infinity... AI was an entirely japanese-machined arcade and was, for awhile, where the best players in SoCal gathered every weekend (anyone remember Tom, used to be fastest ID player in the US? haha he used to go to AI all the time, I got stuck racing him on Battle Night, so he tried to go easy and picked a stock 85, leaving boost on... still beat me lol)... those were the days. v.3 came out, and maaaaan what a godsend that was... then after a long, long time, people got... well... bored, ya know? Sega starved us for too long.

I personally think ID4 is LEAGUES better than v3, lynch me if ya want, but that's just my opinion - even though I miss Happo and Shomaru, and the soundtrack completed blows, the customization is a big thing for me - and more importantly so, the sliding, speed loss, and actual countersteer are just what this game needed - I mean come on guys, we turned like we were on rails almost, at least on Dry courses anyway! I love being able to SLIDE a Subie, not just take a line and CARVE in a circle.

I don't think it's that ID4 is a worse game, I think we're just getting OLDER... I mean it's been what, 7 years? 8? We have lives, jobs, GT5 Prologue... I think it's only natural people tend to move on. The game will always be here. Think how popular it got without even being on Cartoon Network... I mean they were watching DBZ in Japan when some of us were still in diapers, and that didn't explode big in the states until what, like late 90's early 00's? Initial D is too f**kin' awesome of a series (and game) to stay dead. It'll be back one day, and bigger than ever - I mean hell if GT5 can have online play, then what could a brand-spankin-new state-of-the-art future ID cabinet do?
-VIRUS-
Posted: Oct 22 2008, 01:38 PM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Member No.: 6,643

yea version 4 was fun in all. but i hate that u have to spend hella money just to FT one car.
BNR34NISMO
Posted: Oct 22 2008, 09:03 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (Mist @ Oct 20 2008, 09:10 PM)
Heh... don't know if anyone remembered me. I still visit the forum from time to time but never post anymore. People like echizenryoma, BDDEE@, and Alv are not active anymore.

Here in BC, Canada, ID4 (1.5) is pretty much dead. There's no more players of decent level to compete against anymore. Last time I played ID4, I managed to get a 3'10 (horrible i know) on Akina DH, my fav map, but because there's not much point of improvement I didn't play much.

When the game isn't active anymore, I don't think the forum could get that much more lively. I just hope ID5 will create some sparks again. (Assuming we won't get shafted too badly due to being international)

did anybody beat my Lake Akina(both directions) TAs at E-spot yet?or CHQ? it was kind of a bad run and still got #1 records there..CHQ the Lake Akina record was 3"18. i LOLed when i saw that...but e-spot is pretty fast, i only beat the record by like .200-.300. but now my time is faster..so yea..PM me to tell me if anyone has beat them and if possible get me the times cuz i wanna know if its faster than my current record thanks
ChaosSoldier
Posted: Oct 24 2008, 12:40 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 8,382

Just because the fanbase of the game isn't totally dead yet, of those that you see playing, how many of them do you think are here on the forums posting and learning to get better and socializing with everyone here? I think that because of this game, those that play it for kicks just outnumber those that play to get better, find others that like the game too and want to communicate with those other players. The community, I would think, just doesn't care to the same depths as they did back when V3 was in its prime.
KTX
Posted: Oct 24 2008, 02:27 PM

The Silver Panda

I agree chaos. I think that is the way both v3 and v4 is now. Many of the people I know play them with an I dont care, just for fun attitude. Many of the v4 players i know are newcomers to ID or people who found v3 too hard. I cant find anymore serious players for either, and that disappoints me.
BNR34NISMO
Posted: Oct 24 2008, 11:15 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (KTX @ Oct 16 2008, 06:46 PM)
I weep when you say that crying2.gif

i know how you feel..lol id play ID3 but even the HK ppl dont play ID3 anymore cuz stupid kids literally f**ked up the machines beyond repair..

2 Pages  1 2