Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) Paul Harris - Nonsense Sensation

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

13 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,905  ·  Replies: 307 
> 100% Acceleration, Lets Talk....
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 02:24 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,572

Yup...
Can...
Mix in some pc=0
ichi-nii
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 06:48 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,347

already posted about how i turn in my previous post.. anyway.. i'll repeat it i guess..

i don't do pc at all.. i enter the turn by opening my throttle at the right time, i clip the apex using my steering wheel to get it as close as possible while doing partial throttle, when i get my line right, i full throttle so that i get a clean nice in-out line for my exit.. oh yeah.. i shift down to keep my rev up and compensate for the lack of PC when i have to..

the only time I actually PCed was against Takumi in both Akina and Tsukuba.. in Tsukuba however.. i only did it upon exiting the final corner.. making it a battle of epic proportions.. the cars were side to side in the finish line.. and i only bagged a 2.1m advatage.. hehehe.. might have seriously lost if i didn't PC.. happy.gif
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 08:05 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (ichi-nii @ Today at 6:48 AM)
i don't do pc at all.. i enter the turn by opening my throttle at the right time, i clip the apex using my steering wheel to get it as close as possible while doing partial throttle, when i get my line right, i full throttle so that i get a clean nice in-out line for my exit.. oh yeah.. i shift down to keep my rev up and compensate for the lack of PC when i have to..

omg...
u don't pc?
but... opening up the acceleration only reduces more spd and causes u to oversteer more... even if u got the car under control...
however...
i'm interested to know the exiting spd of ur technique=)
could u tell me?=)

* Srry for not reading ur post correctly earlier>_<*
ichi-nii
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 08:23 AM

IDW Senior Member

i exit just as fast as anyone else.. hehehe.. i even won a few battles while the other player is PCing.. and these guys are actually more experienced players.. they're almost FT..

the only difference between PC and not PC is not the exit speed.. but the acceleration that comes after it.. it's actually magical i think..

i maintain by speed by letting the car move naturally.. as if i'm actually letting the car steer its way out of the corner.. you actually slow down if you try to control the car at that crucial moment.. happy.gif
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 08:28 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (ichi-nii @ Today at 8:23 AM)
i maintain by speed by letting the car move naturally.. as if i'm actually letting the car steer its way out of the corner.. you actually slow down if you try to control the car at that crucial moment.. happy.gif

This would mean no countersteer rite? O_O
That's one nice way O_O
ichi-nii
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 08:36 AM

IDW Senior Member

wouldn't really say no countersteer.. hmm.. it's hard to explain.. well.. not to boast but.. it's this technique as well as my line that gave me a 71.4% win percentage.. not really the half FTed FD.. that only says it's been proven to work.. by the way my FD is now 6-6-1-1-7.. happy.gif

This post has been edited by ichi-nii on Oct 13 2007, 08:57 AM
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 09:51 AM

IDW Prime Member

Tune ur body to 3...
You will feel the difference.... Haha....
I noticed ur ECU is 7....
prismadiluce
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 08:52 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 16,434

QUOTE (n3muru_zha1 @ Yesterday at 5:31 PM)
yup...i agree too...one more question that i need to ask...how did u guys turn...my way of turning is i do PC once in the entry of the corner then i full gas after i do the first PC and turn(Downshift if i need)at the exit of the corner i do another PC(Twice PC if needed for safe)am i doing right??did anyone of u lift off the gas pedal a bit to turn??or like me step full gas??but i got do PC to make the car slide...is that right??please share how u turn....

Errr, that was the [tiring] method I'd used to do. I needed to abandon it because it is rather similar to, "the delicate footwork of braking and acceleration". smile.gif

EDIT: And hey, PC is just Penalty Cancel, a technique to kill the nasty lag when you hit the wall or your rival's car.

This post has been edited by prismadiluce on Oct 13 2007, 08:54 PM
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 03:47 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

i also found that this my method is very tiring...but today i try the brake and accel technique...but it just make me feel slower...if we use the brake and full throtle tech... the car wont slide right??i just scare to occur the wheel lock and go BAM the wall....somebody teach....how you all use the brake and accel tech??
ichi-nii
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 04:54 AM

IDW Senior Member

Tune ur body to 3...
You will feel the difference.... Haha....
I noticed ur ECU is 7....

really? thanks.. maybe this is the only factor i lack to actually get better times.. thanks echi..

oh yeah.. my ECU is 7 coz i figured that.. even though we should focus on FTing faster.. i would be a lot more comfortable with a torque car than with a HP car.. meaning.. i would rather go with a car that can maintain its pace on a corner, than one who can accel fast but lose speed when cornering..

as for the braking tech.. i haven't really played in a while.. so i never really got the chance to try it out.. hehe.. finals week. =p
imperial_deathstar_d..
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 06:17 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 26,781

QUOTE (prismadiluce @ Yesterday at 8:52 PM)
Errr, that was the [tiring] method I'd used to do. I needed to abandon it because it is rather similar to, "the delicate footwork of braking and acceleration". smile.gif

EDIT: And hey, PC is just Penalty Cancel, a technique to kill the nasty lag when you hit the wall or your rival's car.

you can also use it to cancel the super understeer right?

most people wouldn't hit walls, so i guess most of the time they're using it to cancel the super understeer so that the maximum speed through the corner can be raised...

btw i wanna ask...how long should you brake when you PC? i brake then full gas, in about the blink of an eye. still, i dont seem to be going any faster than without PC. is that long enough?? should i brake more, or brake harder??? (i only tap it lol)

and, how much speed is killed when you brake during PC?? coz sometimes when i brake the speed drops extremely slowly (this is like, around the end of the race when i'm gonna win but decide to screw around a lil) and other times, my speed decreases extremely fast...

This post has been edited by imperial_deathstar_drift on Oct 14 2007, 06:19 AM
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 06:18 AM

IDW Prime Member

Yup..
My FD that time tune was 7-7-0-2-7 and it hits wheel lock alot..
But once i got the cage, body step 3, the car doesnt hit wheel lock that often
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 07:23 PM

IDW Supremo Member

the car doesnt hit wheel lock??is that mean u no need to do PC in the entry of the turning??
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 07:36 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (n3muru_zha1 @ Today at 7:23 PM)
the car doesnt hit wheel lock??is that mean u no need to do PC in the entry of the turning??

Doesnt hit wheel lock THAT OFTEN
PC into entry is done when the car needs to turn more due to the HUGE wheel lock at the end...
Like running Myogi
ac101
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 01:01 AM

i believe you have my stapler

Member No.: 15,562

the point where u PC is very important...
im saying too much already...><
ichi-nii
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 04:29 AM

IDW Senior Member

actually tried braking before the turns.. and yeah.. everything went just fine.. i exited the corner feeling like i PCed even though I didn't.. hmm.. braking really works.. hehe.. all you need to do is time it right..

anyway.. there's one thing i realized by driving a stock FD.. balanced FDs tail slide more often than the IMBA ones.. like mine.. hmm.. maybe if i get body 3.. that should make all the difference.. thanks echi.. happy.gif
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 07:11 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (ichi-nii @ Today at 4:29 AM)
actually tried braking before the turns.. and yeah.. everything went just fine.. i exited the corner feeling like i PCed even though I didn't.. hmm.. braking really works.. hehe.. all you need to do is time it right..

anyway.. there's one thing i realized by driving a stock FD.. balanced FDs tail slide more often than the IMBA ones.. like mine.. hmm.. maybe if i get body 3.. that should make all the difference.. thanks echi.. happy.gif

glad to be of any help^^
i still need some work to reduce my timings=x
Mist
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 03:49 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 26,581

QUOTE (echizenryoma @ Yesterday at 6:18 AM)
Yup..
My FD that time tune was 7-7-0-2-7 and it hits wheel lock alot..
But once i got the cage, body step 3, the car doesnt hit wheel lock that often

Does this also apply to other cars or just FD's?
Alv
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 04:13 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,662

QUOTE (Mist @ Today at 3:49 PM)
Does this also apply to other cars or just FD's?

it applies to all cars. PC works for every car. and some cars have different understeer points. As far as I know if you bring a FC to akina uphill wet/dry the 1st left corner, it'll understeer if you full gas, but most of the car can full gas and just turn without a problem there.
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 05:45 PM

IDW Supremo Member

did every corner in akina also can turn with full gas??except the 5 hairpin right??
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 06:31 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (n3muru_zha1 @ Today at 5:45 PM)
did every corner in akina also can turn with full gas??except the 5 hairpin right??

Not every corner can be taken at full gas..... Even when FT'ed, some corners will result in wheel lock...

@MIST
Body step 3, for instance, my FD's roll cage ( or something like that ), it helps my turning GREATLY....
But i dunnoe abt other cars xD
Srry...
Mist
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 08:57 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 26,581

QUOTE (Alv @ Today at 4:13 PM)
it applies to all cars. PC works for every car. and some cars have different understeer points. As far as I know if you bring a FC to akina uphill wet/dry the 1st left corner, it'll understeer if you full gas, but most of the car can full gas and just turn without a problem there.

Yeah I understand PC, I was just asking echizenryoma if the body step 3 preventing wheel lock from occuring *as often* applies to other cars as well.
Alv
Posted: Oct 16 2007, 03:24 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,662

QUOTE (Mist @ Yesterday at 8:57 PM)
Yeah I understand PC, I was just asking echizenryoma if the body step 3 preventing wheel lock from occuring *as often* applies to other cars as well.

oh my bad. was just trying to help out. anyway, wat i notice is for my evo 3 when i do my jumps in iro dh dry at 7-7-7-0-7, i somehow drop speed to around 87km hitting something which I got no idea wat is it. then after FT no problem at all. anyway u should target to FT it. dont even bother to get which one 1st, just rush to FT it.
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 16 2007, 04:16 AM

IDW Prime Member

first jump?
i think it should have been jumped at 90km/h++
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Oct 17 2007, 01:00 AM

IDW Supremo Member

me too...the first jump i always jump about 90++km/but the following consecutive corner is killing me!!i always lose in that section...my turning to that consecutinve will drop to 80-85 only...whats the reason??but i admit i got BAM a lot...any fast way??it hard to do a wallrape there...and my car was always overturn 180 degree....is it no need to PC in that consecutive corner??

13 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »