Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Go Go Girls - One Night in Arabia

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 8,235  ·  Replies: 6 
> Hello from UK forum still active?
SmokedBunta
  Posted: Feb 13 2020, 04:10 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,557

Hey all,

Been binging this forum for the last few days. Obviously I’m like 10 years to late but is this forum still active? I’m uk based and Initial D is such a mission if your a fan here and always has been. Loved it back in say 2004, left it as I couldn’t watch it, get anything decent here bar torrents but I’m back and loving it.

The uk only had one tp release here stage 1 far as I know. Just bought a complete collection from a uk seller of all movies and stages (anime only). Been waiting years to find a complete collection. So finally got one now. Assuming there gunna be bootlegs to be honest. Other than that there is no other way to watch it. Excluding YouTube (some stages are missing due to copyright). I can use the Funimation app to watch them but it’s the dubbed only version which is not for me. Makes easy watching but if I hear the word freaking one more time I’m gunna cry.

Does anybody know of the UK (Great Britain) ever had a legitimate distribution for initial d? VDi entertainment was listed but can’t find anything on that company so assume they went bust? Been waiting for probably 5 years for the second stage from tp to be released here. But who am I kidding never gunna happen now. I’m just so surprised initial D was never marketed in the west correctly to the right audience. Oh and I’m importing the ps3 game now as it’s region free. Yes I got the jp version. Doubt the online function works anymore. Anybody still plays the game here?

My current collection is growing well, have 3 car kits, 3 die cast models, the game on the way, stage 1 tp dvd, live action movie, the new box set turning up, and oh I used to own a fc and a dc2. Nobody I know cares about initial d whatsoever so hoping there’s fans left there!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
streetstyle
Posted: Feb 14 2020, 01:24 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 45,169

hello fellow UK collector smile.gif

I have some stuff but drop me a PM and we can discuss more... perhaps even sort out some trades etc...

As far as I know all the DVDs I have that are UK was only Stage one.. all the others are imports along with the games.

I got the PS3 game but I did have to set up a JAP PSN account to download some free cars but this a few years back now, did follow a guide (may have been on this forum)...

anyways great meeting another UK fan smile.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 14 2020, 07:28 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

We're "active" in the sense that there are still people who glance in every so often, but ever since Fifth Stage and Final Stage ended it's been something of a ghost town for obvious reasons.

If you want real activity, I'd suggest hitting up the Discord. Infinitely more active than the forum on a regular basis. But either way, welcome! cool.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
SmokedBunta
  Posted: Feb 15 2020, 03:02 AM

Shmuck

Yes streetstyle another uk based initial d fan! Gotta love that. Fired you a pm!

Nomake wan thanks for the heads up about discord. Yeah I’m surprised I got anybody posting back to be honest. As I said I’m like 10 years to late lol. But been enjoying reading the mountain of posts here.

The thread about the extreme stage ps3 game was nothing short of epic. The emotions about a game and initial d was quite compelling. The online play certainly made for some interesting reading. That was from 2008 lol. Looking through I suppose there’s only so much you can write about initial d and most if not all has been covered. Just good to know I’m not the only person living in the past haha. However I have my reasons for getting back into it. Glad it did.

Forth stage project d is epic!!! Never ever got that far due to the lack of release in the uk. I’m sure there’s still hundreds of lurkers here, I was one of them for a long time before posting anything. Just hope future generations will appreciate it. I know times have changed and youngsters seem less interested in cars these days.

Personally from 20 till 30 I spend 10 years driving perfecting my technique in various cars. FF and FR, but times change money goes elsewhere now as I’m much older. However those memories are nothing short of gold. Unlike Takumi I learnt my limited capability when I travelled to the Nurburgring. Seemed I was great locally big fish in a small pond. But those trips to Germany severally put me in my place which was nowhere near the level I thought I was at hahaha. Still loved every second and initial d embodies that time for me.

LeGeNd-1
Posted: Feb 20 2020, 02:18 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,903

As others have said, activity is pretty minimal here because the main storyline has ended. Having said that there are still a few little things ID related going on if you know where to look.

Once you finish Fifth/Final Stage, there are the 3 Legend movies (which were a recap of 1st Stage with different style animation and rock music instead of Eurobeat). There is also the sequel to the HK live action movie planned, although that's been in development hell for years now so don't expect much.

There is a new manga series made by the same author called MF Ghost. It's set in the same universe with a few ID characters making cameos. Still street racing on touge, but sanctioned and lots more European cars this time around. The latest chapters are on reddit but english translations are a bit slow lately. If you don't mind older stuff there are also lots of good car/racing mangas e.g. Capeta, Countach, Over Rev, Kanojo no Carrera, eX-Driver. Understandably it's quite hard to find them now though.

If you like the games, check out Teknoparrot which allows you to play the older Arcade Stage games on PC. Infinitely better than the PS3 Extreme Stage which is based on the worst IDAS game of all time. If you wanna go to the actual arcade, the newest version is ID Zero 2 and it has Gunsai touge (from Best Motoring) and Odawara track based on MF Ghost (but not an exact copy unfortunately). I don't think it's been released outside Japan yet though. Somewhat related, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune games are also fun but it's racing in highways mostly (though they also have 2 touge tracks in Hakone). If you like driving simulators, rFactor and Assetto Corsa has tons of mods derived from ID whether it's cars or the touges.

If you like Eurobeat they have just released 3 new compilations (ID Dream Collection). Has some old music but also a couple of new ones not related to the anime at all. They seem to do this every few years regardless of whether the songs are used in the anime or not lol.

You mentioned you've driven at the Nurb as well. If you have the time/money maybe plan a trip to Japan and hit up all the roads mentioned in the anime. Sadly a lot of these roads have been neutered now with speedbumps and such, but it's still a lot of fun even if you drive at slow speeds.

Apart from that yes I agree with you kids nowadays are not that interested in cars anymore. It's gonna get even worse in the future with electrification and autonomous cars becoming the norm, but hey at least we could say we've lived through the best motoring era and we'll carry that memory with us forever.

This post has been edited by LeGeNd-1 on Feb 20 2020, 02:27 PM
SmokedBunta
  Posted: Feb 21 2020, 06:10 AM

Shmuck

Yes my man leGeNd_1 with loads of interesting info there! Appreciate the response. Love to see a sequel to the live action but have a feeling jay chou probably isn’t interested. However if Tsuchiya taught me to drift in a ae86 I would make sure to make as many damned movies as I could hahah. I really don’t know how the first one performed. Probably well in Asia not so much in Europe. But I’d welcome more gladly.

Been into Jdm style stuff for so long. My collection of best motoring DVD’s is ridiculous. Lived the jdm dream for too many years affecting the size of my wallet far to much lol. Like you stated so glad I got to enjoy the tale end of the golden days of Japanese cars and motor culture at a decent price. Wanted a r34 for years nearly bought one for 25k back in the day. Decided to save the pennies. Look at prices now over double that. Should have bought it when I had the chance. Oh well live and learn.

Extreme stage was just for a laugh and to mess around on. Like you i also thought probably the worst game that could have done but hey it’s good for a laugh for a few weeks I’m sure. Been thinking about getting it for ages. It was like £25 delivered so not really gunna miss the cash. It will just satisfy my curiosity.

Seen a lot of those magas through the years to be fair and seen MF ghost but for some reason doesn’t float my boat as much as initial d did.

You have no idea how much I’ve been wanting to go to Japan to drive the roads, see the culture, crack on the kanjo etc. Really missed my chance for a while. Getting married, buying houses, having kids unfortunately priorities change. All I know is I loved my 20s with sick cars and cool car culture and meets. That will never be forgotten. This new generation has no idea what they missed. But I’m sure every generation says the same as time changes. All i know is driving spiritedly with over 12 Japanese cars on various roads, going to meets with say 100 jdm cars there and playing around and learning about cars and mechanics was amazing.

TROPIX
Posted: Aug 5 2021, 04:45 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 52,365

QUOTE (SmokedBunta @ Feb 13 2020, 04:10 AM)
Hey all,

Been binging this forum for the last few days. Obviously I’m like 10 years to late but is this forum still active? I’m uk based and Initial D is such a mission if your a fan here and always has been. Loved it back in say 2004, left it as I couldn’t watch it, get anything decent here bar torrents but I’m back and loving it.

The uk only had one tp release here stage 1 far as I know. Just bought a complete collection from a uk seller of all movies and stages (anime only). Been waiting years to find a complete collection. So finally got one now. Assuming there gunna be bootlegs to be honest. Other than that there is no other way to watch it. Excluding YouTube (some stages are missing due to copyright). I can use the Funimation app to watch them but it’s the dubbed only version which is not for me. Makes easy watching but if I hear the word freaking one more time I’m gunna cry.

Does anybody know of the UK (Great Britain) ever had a legitimate distribution for initial d? VDi entertainment was listed but can’t find anything on that company so assume they went bust? Been waiting for probably 5 years for the second stage from tp to be released here. But who am I kidding never gunna happen now. I’m just so surprised initial D was never marketed in the west correctly to the right audience. Oh and I’m importing the ps3 game now as it’s region free. Yes I got the jp version. Doubt the online function works anymore. Anybody still plays the game here?

My current collection is growing well, have 3 car kits, 3 die cast models, the game on the way, stage 1 tp dvd, live action movie, the new box set turning up, and oh I used to own a fc and a dc2. Nobody I know cares about initial d whatsoever so hoping there’s fans left there!

Ello mate! Forums less active but still active. Pop over to the discord tho, much more active there.