Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing DJ Pikachu_Fragger's Total Control Geass CM2

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

16 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 39,583  ·  Replies: 387 
> New GT5 Info
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 03:31 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

I don't expect anything fancy from the track editor. I imagine the enviroment layout will look similar to that "Complex Strings" track. Just tarmac, grass, and walls on both sides.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jun 22 2010, 03:34 PM
JKaiba
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 03:56 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 25 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
I don't expect anything fancy from the track editor. I imagine the enviroment layout will look similar to that "Complex Strings" track. Just tarmac, grass, and walls on both sides.

I'm expecting big things from the track editor. Can you imagine having local racetracks available as content; how about the gunma mountain roads; or drive a recreation of famous highways. I don't care if the scenery is all messed up- if they allow the freedom to make that, I'm so sold.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 08:17 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I totally agree. But I hate giving myself high hopes. laugh.gif

Like you said, I'd love it if they gave you different layouts like mountains, expressways, circuit tracks.. etc etc
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 08:42 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

It would add a whole new dynamic to the game. I wonder with the varying weather conditions idea if we'll actually see more then just a wet course or overcast weather. Like actual rain, fog or even snowfall and would their be a custom option for the player to adjust the conditions to their liking. That would be great.

Like what Phantom says, I'm not getting my hopes too high though.
JKaiba
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 08:54 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

LOL if they allow us to make the 5 freeway in rush hour on 1 gallon of gas we can recreate more of N1 and my Wangan Noontime Minimum Tune experience:

SPOILER

Forza has had some interesting things come out of it. I'm hoping PDigital isn't a dick about user generated content.

This post has been edited by JKaiba on Jun 22 2010, 08:55 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 10:24 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Dang it J... thankfully the GT series hasn't put gasoline consumption into their games yet, so that wouldn't work. Still, if the editing tools are up to snuff, I wonder how long it'll be before some guys get together and recreate the SoCal freeways? That would be some ridiculosity.

Online gaming is cheaper and safer than actually doing it, after all. whistling.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
am3pkcet
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 10:31 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

We all know a penis-shaped track is only a matter of time.... =/
Tessou
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 10:42 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I'm more interested in seeing how well people stack up to the Top Gear times on the test track. Will anybody be able to beat the Stig's best time with allowable vehicles?

I'd like to see an "IDW Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" board to see how we all rank driving a little Lacetti (if it's in the game). laugh.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 01:01 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Tessō @ 2 hours, 18 minutes ago)
I'm more interested in seeing how well people stack up to the Top Gear times on the test track. Will anybody be able to beat the Stig's best time with allowable vehicles?

I'd like to see an "IDW Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" board to see how we all rank driving a little Lacetti (if it's in the game). laugh.gif

Oh, I am so taking that title. You know, as soon as I uh.. get a PS3 again...and the game... and a decent wheel...

...cry. sad.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 01:21 AM

Group Icon

I know for a fact that I'll be terrible. My usual method of tackling corners in videogames dumps my times in the shitter so often it's embarassing. I don't have too many Forza times that don't have a list of penalties attached.

Guess it's time to start training. If GT5 turns out to be good, I might decide to rejoin the PS3 fold once more, albeit cautiously.
Drift Dude
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 01:57 AM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

QUOTE (Phoenix Wright @ 3 hours, 33 minutes ago)
thankfully the GT series hasn't put gasoline consumption into their games yet, so that wouldn't work.

I thought GT 4 had some sort of Fuel usage thingy?

Tessou
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 02:54 AM

Group Icon

GT4 had fuel management. It was quite prevalent in endurance races (natch) and B-Spec mode let you tweak things like when the driver should pit to refuel. Running out locked your car's max speed to 50mph and it would sort of just roll to the pit automatically.
Rallyist
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 10:56 AM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,750

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Today, 12:54 AM)
I didn't expect them to get the interior designs for all cars but the weather effects and racetrack editor is very intriguing. Depending on the extent that you can edit things.

There is a another difference about 800 cars;

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd5_CguyYG4 )

They ported 800 vehicle from gt4 and just upscale it.The whole 1000 car thing is huge lie.They working almost 5 year for gt5 and what just 200 cars,no real damage and pointless Wrc license.There is no any real wrc stage or rally mode.Gt's rally stages rallycross not a rally and Wrc cars replaces next year new ones.PD's Wrc license end in next year.Gt 5 Prologue out 2.5 year ago and has 50-60 cars.So what are they making in last 2.5 year? If standart car thing announced in the begining it's ok but no one knows before.It's shame for Gt name.If Codemasters or Criterion work for a racing game almost 5 year,I belive they create better game than Gt5.

This post has been edited by Rallyist on Jun 23 2010, 10:56 AM
am3pkcet
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 07:43 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (Rallyist @ 8 hours, 46 minutes ago)
If Codemasters or Criterion work for a racing game almost 5 year,I belive they create better game than Gt5.

Once F1 2010 comes out, Codemasters will have released four excellent games within four years; about 2/3 the amount of time PD has been "working" a single game.

I have a really hard time buying why GT5 has taken so long....
Tessou
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 08:18 PM

Group Icon

Probably to develop the unnecessary 3D support. That's my guess.
am3pkcet
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 08:47 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

3D should not be difficult in a virtual world for any reason. Objects already exist in virtual 3D space, so render out two virtual cameras for left/right eye and job done: stereoscopic 3D.

Granted that's probably a vast oversimplification, judging on what I know about 3D technology, the processing speed needed to keep up without framerate or resolution sacrifices would be a way bigger deal than anything else. Maybe that's why the Rome screen shots I saw looked to have cheap texturing and blocky modeling. The trees are still two 2D planes intersecting eachother in a + form. rolleyes.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 450. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Jun 23 2010, 08:47 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 09:37 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Photo mode is coming back: http://n4g.com/news/557415/gran-turismo-5-...e-video-emerged

Also PD is going to release a collectors edition: http://kotaku.com/5564686/gran-turismo-5s-...r-your-patience

$100 is quite a bit.. But I'm still ordering it regardless.

Also here's a vid of the top gear test track. (I dont know if it's old or not) http://kotaku.com/5578024/watch-a-guy-comp...ears-test-track

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jul 4 2010, 09:40 AM
lance
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 09:57 AM

This is my Destiny

Member No.: 2,330

do i see a mclaren F1 in that topgear track?!
Drift Dude
Posted: Jul 14 2010, 11:12 AM

That guy from Belgium

if anyone wants, they're holding a contest to name the new title music.
Info here
My entry has been send.

Also in, a Collectors edition

Today Sony Computer Entertainment America announced the Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition, releasing on November 2 alongside the stand-alone version. The Collector’s Edition features a must-have collection of exclusive items hand-picked for Gran Turismo fans. Quantities will be limited, so serious Gran Turismo fans should pre-order their copy at their local retailer now.

Retailing for $99.99 SRP, the Collector's Edition includes a 1:43 scale collectible diecast car, a 300-page guide to cars and racing techniques, a GT-branded key chain, a voucher for five (5) DLC cars, and a numbered certificate of authenticity, all housed in stylish, premium packaging.

Collector's Edition Content Details:

Gran Turismo® 5 game

Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho

In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material

Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain

Voucher for five (5) exclusive high-end cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades

Numbered certificate of authenticity

Custom collector’s packaging

This post has been edited by Drift Dude on Jul 14 2010, 11:15 AM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 04:41 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I see some damage on production cars!

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4why7lhTk&feature=related )

Meh.. It's no GRID. But good enough...

EDIT: 7/30/10 - Fobby translations! and lol at Hong Kong being in Japan.

A translation of some text thanks to ICEKOLD_KILLA of GTPlanet
Locations: 20
- Japan: Honk Kong with its city tracing
- Italy: 3 city tracings between which Rome and the rally in Tuscany
- United States: 7 city tracings of contest like Daytona, 2 circuits and 1 for the rally
- France: 2 tracings of contest like Magny-Cours, 2 citizens and 1 rally
- Spain: the circuit of contest of Valencia (resumed from GT PSP) and the city circuit to Madrid
- United Kingdom: 1 circuit of contest resumed from Top Gear and the city circuit of London
- Switzerland: 1 city circuit and 1 circuit rally
- Monaco: the city tracing of the Principato di Monaco better known like the track of the F1
- Korea of the South: 1 city tracing
- Germany: 3 circuits of contest like that one of Nurburgring

Tracings: more than 70 (today 94), of which 52 resumed from GT4 and GT PSP

Confirmed tracings:
Daytona International Speedway
Dunsfold Park
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Nurburgring
Tokyo Route 246 (from the series)
City tracings: Rome, Madrid, London
Track Editor
- Published of tracings in order to personalize and to create every your desire on track.

Vehicles: beyond 1.000 distinguished in 200 Premium (cockpit to 360°, visible damages totals, dazzling) and approximately 800 Standards (traditional cockpit, marginal visible damages), all can be elaborated and personalized to it appeal to (tuning).

Hopefully this all accurate with the 20 locations meaning 20 countries/regions rather than 20 tracks with variations, and the premium vs. standard car confusion about cockpit views.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jul 30 2010, 07:20 PM
Drift Dude
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 01:30 AM

That guy from Belgium

New info? Now?
Course Maker, Driver Management, and Kart
Kazunori Yamauchi shows a few more features, including two that let you get creative and tactical.

At this point, there's not really much left to be said about Gran Turismo 5. It has been in development for what seems like ages, but unlike most games with a curiously long production cycle, it's not showing any reasons for concern. Quite the contrary--GT5 looks every bit the terrific racing sim that developer Polyphony Digital has become known for over the years. Gran Turismo 5's lengthy development seems to have resulted in a borderline absurd amount of content to be found in the game. From nighttime racing to NASCAR vehicles, we've seen a lot of what GT5 has to offer over the past few years, and with the impending release (hopefully) right on the horizon, we've just had a chance to see a few more bells and whistles here at Gamescom 2010.

First, there's the course maker. Game director Kazunori Yamauchi was careful to avoid calling it a course editor, because to him that implies a barrier of entry on par with a 3D modeling program. If you're looking for a tool to lay your own asphalt and design billboards, this isn't it. Instead, the course maker is something that allows players to select a variety of course parameters from dropdown menus and let the game randomly generate a track in line with those settings. You start with a theme, ranging from the Tuscan countryside to Germany in the spring, and select the time of day, weather, and whether you want a point-to-point rally track or a looping circuit. Then you get into the nitty-gritty, selecting the number of sections, how many corners each section will have, and everything from sharpness of the turns to the width of the track to each section's bank angle. Then you hit the "generate track" button, and the game spits out a course that fits your specifications. You can hit the button again as many times as you like until you get something perfectly suited to your liking. After all this, you can share your track with friends and race it against other players online.

One of the other notable features Kazunori showed was an expanded version of the B-Spec mode originally found in Gran Turismo 4. If you recall, B-Spec mode is essentially a driving management simulation. It's more or less the direct counterpart to A-Spec, the basic game mode that lets you get in the seat of the car and drive. The idea for this mode goes back to Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. The game was given that title because Kazunori intended to release Gran Turismo 3: B-Spec shortly after, a game that would use the same technology but focus on what it's like to manage your own racing team from the comfort of the pit. Obviously, that game was never released, which Kazunori attributed to a variety of technical hurdles they couldn't overcome. He said that B-Spec was included in GT4 as an experiment of sorts, but it has taken all the way until now for the two Spec modes to become perfectly balanced in terms of quality.

So what does all that talk mean, exactly? B-Spec gives you a fairly impressive suite of controls to manage a team of racers. You start with a single driver, but eventually build up your team to a maximum of six. During a race, you're shown a screen with a window of the live race flanked by a gaggle of meters, gauges, and numbers. There are gauges for your driver's current mental and physical staminas, as well as one that shows how agitated he is. These are factors that you as the manager control by giving him directions to increase the pace, lower it, maintain it, or what have you. If he gets really hot under the collar, he might eventually ignore your directions and become more prone to accidents on the track. You can also see information such as current tire damage and real-time averages of how every driver has been doing on every section of the track so you know when to plan your attack.

While B-Spec and the course maker were very much the focus of our demo, there were a few other features mentioned toward the end. For one, the photo mode we detailed at E3 will offer 3D support. Yes, you can take your cars, position them in a variety of tracks and showrooms, and then snap a photo that you can then gaze upon in three dimensions. We also saw a video of the kart racing in Gran Turismo, which if nothing else boasted the undeniably entertaining visual of drivers fully decked out in racing uniforms, shoes, and tinted helmets throwing their weight around the corners as they raced in front of the Roman Colosseum. Kart racing seems like an odd addition to a series so known for supercars that push the boundaries of modern engineering, but it's certainly at least a sign of Polyphony's dedication to further fleshing out a collection of race types that already includes WRC and NASCAR.

Finally, this couldn't possibly be a Gran Turismo preview without revealing a handful of new cars and a track or two. We'll start with the cars. The theme with this batch of rides can be boiled down to one year: 1967. From that year you'll find a Ford Mark IV, a Ferrari 330 P4, a Jaguar XJ13, and a Lamborghini Miura P4000 Bertone Prototype. Why that year? The 1967 Le Mans was a personal favorite of Kazunori's, as the Ferrari that won first, second, and third places in the Daytona earlier in the year was beat out by the underdog Ford. Rounding out that list from a more modern era are the Zonda R '09, the Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10, and the Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08. And in terms of tracks, Kazunori announced Italy's Autodromo Nazionale Monza, or Monza for short. This track features few turns and ample straights, making it a good place for beginners to get a feel for revving their engines.

Gran Turismo 5 is currently scheduled for release on November 2. We've got our fingers crossed that it makes that release, but in the meantime, expect to see more coverage at next month's Tokyo Game Show.

RalliKai
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 11:57 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

I was hoping the track maker would be a pure editor but ahwell. It sounds intriguing no less and B-spec mode should be interesting. Wonder how the emotions of the driver feature will do?
Phantom_R32
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 12:12 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I'm sure it'll still make the release date even though they added all that stuff. Most of that news regarding the karting and course maker has been known for a while now anyways. Plus, Kaz has probably been working on it for a long time.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOp_XWbB0oP )

am3pkcet
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 03:53 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks Karting is a stupid waste of time for a GT game....

In fact, I think most of the added modes in this game are a stupid waste of time. It just seems like Kaz threw out a cloud of ideas on a wall, threw some darts at it, and then just said screw it, let's do em all anyway!

I would much rather have had GT5 two to four years ago as just the racing game we all know GT to be. Then release these add-ons (Nascar, WRC, Kart, whatever) as optional DLC or as a bundled add on (or stand alone) pack. It not only would have generated insane amounts of income, but would have let us, the gamers, actually play the game instead of making us wait seven years.

edit: I also wonder if it will suffer from "Gran Turismo Syndrome" when it comes to cars. Meaning, yeah, they claim to have thousands, but most of their newest ones are at least a model year (sometimes a generation) behind what's currently available. Usually a result of taking so goddamn long to make.

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Aug 23 2010, 03:56 PM
Soran
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 04:46 PM

Driving on the road of life..

Member No.: 3,498

I second that. I've waited ever since 2007 (When i bought my PS3) JUST.RELEASE.THE.GODDAMNED.GAME.ALREADY...

16 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »