Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Chilu - Feel Like a Queen

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

16 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 39,578  ·  Replies: 387 
> New GT5 Info
am3pkcet
Posted: Mar 11 2010, 07:29 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,853

I hate the fact that the GT series has always been a game of bumper cars.

Don't get me wrong, I love GT and I own almost every version ever made, but there are some glaring omissions that seemingly EVERY OTHER GAME has.
BlackSubaru
Posted: Mar 11 2010, 07:53 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 27,007

i fidn the lack of turn signals in all driving games disturbing. just reminds peopel to cut me off in real life.
laznlspeeddemon
Posted: Mar 13 2010, 07:49 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,959

QUOTE (BlackSubaru @ Mar 11 2010, 07:53 PM)
i fidn the lack of turn signals in all driving games disturbing. just reminds peopel to cut me off in real life.

since when do you see racers in actual races using turn signals? I can understand if we're playing nfs during street races but actual races.
BlackSubaru
Posted: Mar 14 2010, 09:39 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 27,007

headlights at least, and racers do use them. sometimes i just wanto take a drive like a normal person,
am3pkcet
Posted: Mar 14 2010, 11:23 AM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Outside of LeMans, what race cars use headlights? If there are night races for street cars headlights are on anyway. Does GT5 finally allow you to play any course during the day or the night? I know PGR does. Day, night, rain, snow, whatever you want for all courses.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Mar 14 2010, 01:14 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Are they hinting at a possible Shutokou expressway course? whistling.gif

Would be nice cruising around with good physics for once. *looks at TXR series*
am3pkcet
Posted: Mar 14 2010, 03:19 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Would also be nice if they actually ever released this game.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 05:58 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ Mar 11 2010, 07:07 PM)
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/857126/gran...trl_031110.html

New trailer, and still no hint of damage outside of Rally cars.

I just saw this. If they really do let you drive around the Shuto Expressway, that will be amazing. It'll be like Midnight Club II all over again...sortaish. I'd love that, seriously.

I was gonna get a PS3 for other reasons anyway, but I'd totally forgotten about GT5. Here's hoping it actually gets released.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
lance
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 06:51 AM

This is my Destiny

Member No.: 2,330

ohh that wangan type track looks cool!
Drift Dude
Posted: Jun 13 2010, 05:52 AM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

another trailer here.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLzoZQK_H4E&playnext_from=TL&videos=RVx8LaMcs5k&feature=sub )

But we do get the rome circuit back it seems.

but still no date...
MattW
Posted: Jun 13 2010, 08:01 AM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

It's a different layout to the previous Rome circuits. Expect something like this to be the layout(green track):
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 658. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
am3pkcet
Posted: Jun 13 2010, 09:04 AM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (Drift Dude @ 3 hours, 11 minutes ago)
but still no date...

aaaaand still no vehicle damage outside of the one subaru WRC car they've been showing for months.
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 14 2010, 06:25 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

At this point I would be content with just hearing the release date.

{UPDATE}

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265779/gran-...s-up-november-2

Gran Turismo 5 slated for November 2nd release.

E3 2010: Sony dates long-awaited Polyphony Digital racing sim at show-starting press conference.

LOS ANGELES--Five years after it was first teased, Gran Turismo 5 finally has a launch date. During its E3 press conference today, Sony unveiled a November 2 release for Polyphony Digital's racing sim.

When it launches, Gran Turismo 5 will feature nearly 1,000 vehicles on over 70 tracks in 20-plus locations. Budgeted at a whopping $60 million, it is also an official licensee of several prominent racing organizations, such as NASCAR and the World Rally Championship. An early sample of the PlayStation 3 exclusive, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, was released in April 2008, garnering decent reviews.

The Gran Turismo launch date was just one of many revealed in Sony's conference. The electronics giant also confirmed a February 2011 release for Killzone 3, September 9 debut for its motion-sensing Move controller, and the arrival of the PlayStation Plus premium subscription service later this month.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Jun 15 2010, 05:25 PM
Jardim
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 07:56 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

Yay Nov 2nd...day after my birthday...already told my girlfriend what i wanted!
am3pkcet
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 02:35 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

If their demo was any indication, there will still be no damage modeling. The playable demo at the sony booth was the same one they had at CES. The only new thing was they had a few of them running in 3D. Same cars, same tracks, felt like the same physics, and there was no real time damage. It's going to be a huge disapointment when the game ships without it.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 08:07 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Kart racing, stunts & a track creator.

If this is true, then I'm more pumped then ever. The more stuff the better! I'm glad Polyphony Digital heard me when I said this game better have so much stuff in it I won't need a new racing game till GT6. But watch them do something stupid like only allowing cars to get damaged in stunt mode. dry.gif

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247p1.html

800 cars will have blacked out windows and no cockpit view. Ouch.. talk about buzz kill. But I guess I'll be fine as long as I get 1 R32 GT-R with cockpit view.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jun 21 2010, 08:30 PM
am3pkcet
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 09:03 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Iduno, I think I'd rather them just release regular ol' Gran Turismo 5 three or four years ago and leave all the spin-off games (WRC, Nascar, Stunts, Karts) to a dedicated spin-off title. I can't express enough my frustration with GT5's delays. I guess when it finally comes out it will be amazing value and a lot of game (even if it does have 50 skylines, 30 silvias, and 20 Z cars), I am just absolutely sick of waiting. And considering the content amount, it could EASILY have been 2 or 3 games released over the past 6 years instead of making us sit and wait and play other games. I guess it's not all bad though; there are a lot of other great racing games smile.gif

lulz on the cockpits though. Also only the few "premium" cars will get any kind of actual damage. The other 800 will get "Dirt, Scratches, and Dents." There's also a lovely disclaimer at the bottom "* Damage is not necessarily applied to all races in the game." *yawn*

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Jun 21 2010, 09:04 PM
JKaiba
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 09:49 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 1 hour, 41 minutes ago)
...800 cars will have blacked out windows and no cockpit view. Ouch.. talk about buzz kill. But I guess I'll be fine as long as I get 1 R32 GT-R with cockpit view.

You could always settle for blurry J-o vision
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

oh noes- Nomake is on my tail!!!
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 10:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

God damn it J, when did you snap those photos!? laugh.gif How did I not know that until now?

Anyway, wasn't surprised about the "no cockpit view" thing. I figured there was no way in hell they'd be able to do cockpits for all the bajillion cars they wanted to put into the game and still have it release in a reasonable amount of time. There just was no way. Anyone who thought otherwise was deluding themselves. I just figured they wouldn't go for the 800+ thing but would keep it down to how many cars they actually had details for (a la Forza). Oh well.

It'll be interesting to see what'll happen. If you really can switch on/off headlights and drive the shuto expressway, glorious.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 10:57 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (JKaiba @ 1 hour, 8 minutes ago)
You could always settle for blurry J-o vision
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/jkaiba/IMGP0022.jpg

oh noes- Nomake is on my tail!!!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/jkaiba/IMGP0024.jpg

You sir, have made me completely jealous. I didn't know you actually owned an R32. sad.gif
Drift Dude
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 03:24 AM

That guy from Belgium

now this is getting a bit to much, and i somewhat doubt if it's true but...

Shuhei Yoshida confirms GT5 weather, damage, go-kartingJune 21st

SCE Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed a range of major features that will be found in Gran Turismo 5.

Speaking in an interview with PlayStation.com, the Sony man revealed some interesting information.
“Gran Turismo 5 will offer gamers an experience more rich, more in-depth and more exciting than they might expect – even from a series as closely identified with innovation and invention as Gran Turismo.
“Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations, it will also feature new game-enhancing graphical effects such as damage, night racing and weather.”
He went on, saying:
“These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.”
Although it has previously been said that some of these features, such as the weather system and the damage would potentially make the game, it has never actually been 100 percent until now.
A ton of press released information on GT5 emerged from E3 last week, including word on 1,000 cars and 20 tracks with 70 variants.
The game was confirmed in the Sony press conference as releasing on November 2 in the US.

Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 05:02 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Drift Dude @ 1 hour, 38 minutes ago)
now this is getting a bit to much, and i somewhat doubt if it's true but...

Dude, look five posts up. See anything familiar? wink2.gif
Drift Dude
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 11:08 AM

That guy from Belgium

QUOTE (Phoenix Wright @ 6 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Dude, look five posts up. See anything familiar? wink2.gif

no... whistling.gif

to lazy to read stuff from above.

but still I find it crazy, I was just happy with all the stuff I could do in GT4.

This post has been edited by Drift Dude on Jun 22 2010, 11:08 AM
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 12:32 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

no... whistling.gif

to lazy to read stuff from above.

And Katyusha from Super Robot Wars Legacy thinks the same about me >_>.

Well, I think it's guaranteed that whatever cars were featured in Prologue will retain their cockpit views for the full version.

It'll be interesting to see what'll happen. If you really can switch on/off headlights and drive the shuto expressway, glorious.

Site didn't say anything about turning lights completely off for night locales, but premium cars both high and low beams, while standard cars get standard lights. I presume no hi+low for those cars at the same time for unlit circuits?

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Jun 22 2010, 12:35 PM
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 02:54 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

I didn't expect them to get the interior designs for all cars but the weather effects and racetrack editor is very intriguing. Depending on the extent that you can edit things.

16 Pages  1 2 3 4 »