Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Strategic way

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 11,356  ·  Replies: 23 
> Initial D Legend 3 Eurobeat Edition, Eurobeat Edition appearing here!
Coolsy101
  Posted: Aug 30 2016, 10:52 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,559

Hey guys! I'm only new to the forums and I saw that the subs from Central Anime got released for Initial D Legend 3. I already made my own Eurobeat version with a 1080p file that was uploaded earlier (small file size though, ~500MB) and I have now acquired the 720p with subs (over 2GB). I'm planning on uploading it very soon. Just need to convert it to MP4, add it to my video editor and then export the final product. I'll do a 1080p version if heavily requested but it could take a while for me.

UPDATE: Had to fix audio that was cut out at the end

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/#!BJd1XBrK!PySJWSCM...WcS6CxsG0wwpbfw

ENCRYPTION KEY (Just in case error shows up): !PySJWSCMfUGS5vPnziN8UoL3CUcuWcS6CxsG0wwpbfw

LINK (Without Key): https://mega.nz/#!BJd1XBrK

Track Listing:
  • Night Fever - AE85 vs Silvia S13 & 180SX
  • Love & Money - Takumi driving Iketani's S13
  • Save Me - Bunta taking Yuichi for a 'spin' in the AE86
  • Saturday Night Fever - Keisuke finishing talking to Takeshi and driving off (it's only short)
  • Boom Boom Japan - Beginning of Takumi vs Ryosuke
  • Black Out - 2nd section of Takumi vs Ryosuke
  • Night & Day - 3rd section of Takumi vs Ryosuke
  • Beat of the Rising Sun - Takumi vs Ryosuke final corner scene
  • Fly To Me To The Moon & Back (ENDING TRACK) - Begins as Takumi leaves to deliver tofu

If you have any suggestions or feedback or whatever, feel free to reply smile.gif

This post has been edited by Coolsy101 on Sep 5 2016, 02:19 AM
xiao
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 11:15 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Good man! Thank you very much & welcome to the forums ~ a very nice tracklist you chose might I add. Are you from Sydney? There's quite a few peeps from down-undah on the boards. happy.gif

Keep the euro-luv strong! If you need anything don't hesitate to ask ~ 1 Fire / 1 Love ~ Enjoy your stay my friend! user posted image

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=f99I4jr4VNI )
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
keg11
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 11:20 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,131

QUOTE (xiao @ 4 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
Good man! Thank you very much & welcome to the forums ~ a very nice tracklist you chose might I add. Are you from Sydney? There's quite a few peeps from down-undah on the boards. happy.gif

Too right, mate! thumbsup.gif

Anyway, It's good to see people still very much associate Eurobeat w/ Initial D.

I've done my own little EB mix for the Legends: the difference being I've used song from the last couple of years instead of the corres. songs from First Stage. If you want, after you post your video, I'll put up a snippet of mine to show what I mean.
xiao
  Posted: Aug 30 2016, 11:30 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (keg11 @ 6 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Too right, mate! thumbsup.gif

Eurobeat banzai !! \(^o^)/♫ Thank you too Keg! grin2.gif

Initial D just ain't that initial dream without a totally dank super euro beat ~ apxrock.gif
Coolsy101
  Posted: Aug 30 2016, 11:55 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (xiao @ 39 minutes, 6 seconds ago)

Keep the euro-luv strong! If you need anything don't hesitate to ask ~ 1 Fire / 1 Love ~ Enjoy your stay my friend! http://imgur.com/ljuAj4g.gif

Thanks man. No I'm not from Sydney. I'm from a city that's a couple of hours from Melbourne. I converted the file already and it looks like I forgot to take out the subtitles for the ending song (lol). The file size shrunk too. I'll reconvert it and update the progress
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 11:57 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Wait...why are you converting it to MP4 then putting it in a video editor? I'm thoroughly confused.

Unless you want to make a hardsub, you can losslessly change the MKV to MP4 by using MKVextractGUI (requires mkvtoolnix, which you should already have if you ever work with MKV files at all for any reason) to extract the audio and video (and subtitles and fonts, if you want those too), then just use mp4box (or MeGUI if you prefer a GUI interface) to mux the video and audio back together into MP4.

Of course, that still doesn't answer why you'd be using a video editor. What's there to edit video-wise?

If you are making a hardsub, then yeah, you have no choice but to reencode... but you'd want to do that after editing, not before.

As someone who does A/V stuff all the time, I guess I'm just confused as to your workflow. Care to explain?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Coolsy101
  Posted: Aug 31 2016, 12:08 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 10 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
Wait...why are you converting it to MP4 then putting it in a video editor? I'm thoroughly confused.

Unless you want to make a hardsub, you can losslessly change the MKV to MP4 by using MKVextractGUI (requires mkvtoolnix, which you should already have if you ever work with MKV files at all for any reason) to extract the audio and video (and subtitles and fonts, if you want those too), then just use mp4box (or MeGUI if you prefer a GUI interface) to mux the video and audio back together into MP4.

Of course, that still doesn't answer why you'd be using a video editor. What's there to edit video-wise?

If you are making a hardsub, then yeah, you have no choice but to reencode... but you'd want to do that after editing, not before.

As someone who does A/V stuff all the time, I guess I'm just confused as to your workflow. Care to explain?

Alright. I have a Mac so it kind of makes it annoying to work with video files. I'm using Final Cut Pro X to add in the Eurobeat and then use Compressor to export it. The subbed file is an MKV and I'm pretty sure Final Cut Pro X won't use those type of files so I'm converting it to MP4 to be able to put it into FCPX.

FCPX is the only editor I believe would work best for me to be able to control each song's volume and the points of where they increase and decrease in volume. If you know of an editor that can do this though, I will be happy to hear your suggestion.

I'll try to put the MKV file into FCPX and see if it works
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 12:34 AM

ShiMACHaze

FCPX sucks, I'm sorry you have to work with that godawful program. sad.gif As for your Mac issue, fortunately for you programs like mkvtoolnix and mp4box are multi-platform and thus there are Mac versions available.

https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html#macosx
http://www.videohelp.com/software/mp4box

By doing it this way, you save oodles of time (because you're remuxing instead of reencoding, meaning your bottleneck is your hard drive instead of your CPU and you aren't reencoding a reencode of a reencode of a...) and of course the final product will be better since you reduce the number of times you have to actually encode.

Since you're only actually editing audio (I assume?) you can save even more time by just doing the audio part then using mkvtoolnix to mux your audio back into the original MKV, meaning that you version requires no reencoding whatsoever! This would be the absolute best way of doing things.
Coolsy101
  Posted: Aug 31 2016, 12:38 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
FCPX sucks, I'm sorry you have to work with that godawful program. sad.gif As for your Mac issue, fortunately for you programs like mkvtoolnix and mp4box are multi-platform and thus there are Mac versions available.

https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html#macosx
http://www.videohelp.com/software/mp4box

By doing it this way, you save oodles of time (because you're remuxing instead of reencoding, meaning your bottleneck is your hard drive instead of your CPU and you aren't reencoding a reencode of a reencode of a...) and of course the final product will be better since you reduce the number of times you have to actually encode.

Since you're only actually editing audio (I assume?) you can save even more time by just doing the audio part then using mkvtoolnix to mux your audio back into the original MKV, meaning that you version requires no reencoding whatsoever! This would be the absolute best way of doing things.

Thanks for the advice and tips! I quite like FCPX actually. I use it for my YouTube videos (that's for another discussion lol) and the results turn out nice.

I'll use these tools to edit the MKV and then I'll have to reencode the subtitles some how (they're SSA subs). Thanks again smile.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 12:43 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Coolsy101 @ 5 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Thanks for the advice and tips! I quite like FCPX actually. I use it for my YouTube videos (that's for another discussion lol) and the results turn out nice.

I'll use these tools to edit the MKV and then I'll have to reencode the subtitles some how (they're SSA subs). Thanks again smile.gif

If you like FCPX, you must never have used FCPIX. whistling.gif

'Reencoding the subtitles' depends on what you want the final product to be. If your final product is going to be a hardsubbed MP4, then you have no choice but to import them into FCPX somehow and overlay them and then encode a final product with FCPX. I know how to do this on Windows, it's dead simple, but on Mac OSX the toolkit I use doesn't have an equivalent.

However, if you want to do the smart thing, you can follow my suggestion and just create the audio track you need, export only the audio, then use mkvtoolnix to add your audio to Central-Anime's MKV file. No reencode at all, and it'll just plain work. At that point you can choose to either keep their audio (thus making a dual-audio release) or remove their audio and replace it with yours.

Either way, avoiding having to encode anything is a win.
Coolsy101
  Posted: Aug 31 2016, 12:47 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
If you like FCPX, you must never have used FCPIX. whistling.gif

'Reencoding the subtitles' depends on what you want the final product to be. If your final product is going to be a hardsubbed MP4, then you have no choice but to import them into FCPX somehow and overlay them and then encode a final product with FCPX. I know how to do this on Windows, it's dead simple, but on Mac OSX the toolkit I use doesn't have an equivalent.

However, if you want to do the smart thing, you can follow my suggestion and just create the audio track you need, export only the audio, then use mkvtoolnix to add your audio to Central-Anime's MKV file. No reencode at all, and it'll just plain work. At that point you can choose to either keep their audio (thus making a dual-audio release) or remove their audio and replace it with yours.

Either way, avoiding having to encode anything is a win.

Never used FCP 9 so I wouldn't know xD.

I'll do it the smart way and just leave the Central Anime subtitles alone. It might look weird with the subtitles at the end during the credits that are supposed to be for the credits song but it's better than nothing happy.gif

Thanks again for the help!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 02:34 AM

ShiMACHaze

If you just want to remove the song lyrics, SSA files are just plain text files. Open them in any normal text editor and remove any line you want. mkvtoolnix can both extract and replace the subs in the MKV, so you're all good there.
Coolsy101
  Posted: Aug 31 2016, 11:02 PM

IDW Member

Looks like I've run into some trouble. I exported the audio of the film (into an .mka file) and I tried to import it into Audacity but it freezes up. I might have to export the audio into a different format just so I can work with it in Audacity.
EDIT: Managed to import the mkv file into Audacity. Now just gotta add the Eurobeat and edit the audio which will take some time
DOUBLE EDIT: Audio is inconsistent when I imported it into Audacity. Sounds that are quieter in the actual movie (mkv file) are a lot louder in Audacity so I'm just exporting a .m4a file and then creating a separate file for the music so that it's all in sync and matching up nicely

Creating a separate audio file should be easier. Just need the film's audio to get the timing correct. Anyone have recommendations for final audio output when I need to reencode it into the mkv file?

This post has been edited by Coolsy101 on Sep 1 2016, 02:03 AM
keg11
Posted: Sep 1 2016, 02:58 AM

IDW God Member

Cause I don't have anything better to do, I've decided to go ahead and upload one of the songs from my own Eurobeat mix. It's from Legend 3 (as it is already in people's minds), plus it may give people an opportunity to have a look and see if they're interested in the remainder movies (either in their entirety or a compo video with those particular scenes).

ATM, I'm producing the video and about to post on YT, then here.

All that I've done was sync the music using CyberLink PowerDirector (with a bit of editing). If it's a bit rough, my apologies. If I get around the producing it properly, I would've produced the edited track using WaveEditor (an Audiacity-esque program that came with PowerDirector).

EDIT: Here it is (For those who haven't seen this scene yet, I've put spoiler tags in)

SPOILER

This post has been edited by keg11 on Sep 1 2016, 04:38 AM
Coolsy101
  Posted: Sep 1 2016, 03:03 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (keg11 @ 5 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
Cause I don't have anything better to do, I've decided to go ahead and upload one of the songs from my own Eurobeat mix. It's from Legend 3 (as it is already in people's minds), plus it may give people an opportunity to have a look and see if they're interested in the remainder movies (either in their entirety or a compo video with those particular scenes).

ATM, I'm producing the video and about to post on YT, then here.

All that I've done was sync the music using CyberLink PowerDirector (with a bit of editing). If it's a bit rough, my apologies. If I get around the producing it properly, I would've produced the edited track using WaveEditor (an Audiacity-esque program that came with PowerDirector).

It'll be nice to see what you mixed together. This 6 channel audio is killing me lol. It's not being consistent with the video that I watch in VLC which is really annoying
keg11
Posted: Sep 1 2016, 03:11 AM

IDW God Member

The biggest issue I've had was how to edit the music to make it work. Because of how EB is formally structured (and rock isn't), you cannot simply slap a EB track and be done. However, because EB is formally structured, it's easy to find points where to cut the track and arrange the track.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 1 2016, 06:29 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Coolsy101 @ 7 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Looks like I've run into some trouble. I exported the audio of the film (into an .mka file) and I tried to import it into Audacity but it freezes up. I might have to export the audio into a different format just so I can work with it in Audacity.
EDIT: Managed to import the mkv file into Audacity. Now just gotta add the Eurobeat and edit the audio which will take some time
DOUBLE EDIT: Audio is inconsistent when I imported it into Audacity. Sounds that are quieter in the actual movie (mkv file) are a lot louder in Audacity so I'm just exporting a .m4a file and then creating a separate file for the music so that it's all in sync and matching up nicely

Creating a separate audio file should be easier. Just need the film's audio to get the timing correct. Anyone have recommendations for final audio output when I need to reencode it into the mkv file?

The audio in the MKV container is already m4a. I'm not sure why you chose to export it as MKA instead, as that's a container format again, not an audio format.

I truly hope that when you "exported" an m4a you didn't reencode. Again, you should not have to reencode anything at all if you're doing this correctly. As for volume differences, you should probably check the original source audio. Your player may be doing things to the audio stream that an actual audio editor won't, or your audio stream may be more than two channels and Audacity might be shitting itself trying to interpret 5.1 audio into 2.0. Oh look, I actually bothered to download the movie and I was spot-on. Go me.

CODE
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : A_AAC
Duration                                 : 1 h 0 min
Bit rate                                 : 768 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 331 MiB (16%)
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

As for final audio output, leave it as AAC just like the original and remember--creating your version of the audio is the only actual encoding you'll need to do. Putting your audio into the MKV container is not reencoding, it's muxing. They are two very, very, very different things.

EDIT: I went ahead and downmixed the 5.1 audio to 2.0 for you. Now, considering the bluray's spec lists it as having both a 2.0 stereo and 5.1 surround track, the best thing would be to get your hands on the original 2.0 audio, but if you can't then you can use this one. Download's HERE.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Sep 1 2016, 06:49 AM
Coolsy101
  Posted: Sep 1 2016, 01:55 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 26 minutes ago)
The audio in the MKV container is already m4a. I'm not sure why you chose to export it as MKA instead, as that's a container format again, not an audio format.

I truly hope that when you "exported" an m4a you didn't reencode. Again, you should not have to reencode anything at all if you're doing this correctly. As for volume differences, you should probably check the original source audio. Your player may be doing things to the audio stream that an actual audio editor won't, or your audio stream may be more than two channels and Audacity might be shitting itself trying to interpret 5.1 audio into 2.0. Oh look, I actually bothered to download the movie and I was spot-on. Go me.

CODE
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : A_AAC
Duration                                 : 1 h 0 min
Bit rate                                 : 768 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 331 MiB (16%)
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

As for final audio output, leave it as AAC just like the original and remember--creating your version of the audio is the only actual encoding you'll need to do. Putting your audio into the MKV container is not reencoding, it's muxing. They are two very, very, very different things.

EDIT: I went ahead and downmixed the 5.1 audio to 2.0 for you. Now, considering the bluray's spec lists it as having both a 2.0 stereo and 5.1 surround track, the best thing would be to get your hands on the original 2.0 audio, but if you can't then you can use this one. Download's HERE.

I yet again thank you for your assistance. It's much appreciated! I tried to grab the original audio but the exported decided to export it as MKA (weird) so I'll try to grab the m4a version and get Audacity to accept it better.

I'll keep trying my best to make this work out great!

EDIT: MKVToolNix is being such a pain in the butt. Keeps extracting the audio as 5.1 and I have no idea how to force it to extract it as 2.0. I'll download your file and use it to get the timings right for all the songs

Planning on creating a separate audio file for the Eurobeat songs so that the quality of the movie's original audio isn't impacted. Probably the smartest way to do things at the moment

IMPORTANT NOTE: I figured out why I had volume issues. Audacity was misinterpreting the audio (basically you saying that Audacity was crapping itself) and causing parts of the audio to be higher than others and my headphones couldn't process the audio properly. Using the audio file you gave me, I should be able to create the Eurobeat Edition a lot easier smile.gif

This post has been edited by Coolsy101 on Sep 1 2016, 05:10 PM
xiao
  Posted: Sep 1 2016, 10:01 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (keg11 @ Today, 4:58 AM)
NiTROFiRE / KAIOH

Holy mother of Jesus titty fscking Christ I love you man~!!! shock.gif
I'm slapping-silly whoever had the brilliant idea at Avex of not using eurobeat on the new films ~ awesome.gif

ENERGY IS BLOODY BURNING NRGGG ー RACING ON FIRE NIIIIIIIIIGHT!!! apxrock.gif (xiao-kun likes making up his own lyrics x3)
Coolsy101
  Posted: Sep 1 2016, 10:08 PM

IDW Member

Nice edit dude! I'm currently having problems muxing my version. The Eurobeat track refuses to mux into the movie, most likely being split into two separate audio tracks. I will try to force them to both work at the same time.

EDIT: Just realised what I was doing. Silly me. I'll get the movie all prepped!

This post has been edited by Coolsy101 on Sep 1 2016, 10:14 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 1 2016, 11:45 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Coolsy101 @ 9 hours, 49 minutes ago)
I yet again thank you for your assistance. It's much appreciated! I tried to grab the original audio but the exported decided to export it as MKA (weird) so I'll try to grab the m4a version and get Audacity to accept it better.

I'll keep trying my best to make this work out great!

EDIT: MKVToolNix is being such a pain in the butt. Keeps extracting the audio as 5.1 and I have no idea how to force it to extract it as 2.0. I'll download your file and use it to get the timings right for all the songs

Planning on creating a separate audio file for the Eurobeat songs so that the quality of the movie's original audio isn't impacted. Probably the smartest way to do things at the moment

IMPORTANT NOTE: I figured out why I had volume issues. Audacity was misinterpreting the audio (basically you saying that Audacity was crapping itself) and causing parts of the audio to be higher than others and my headphones couldn't process the audio properly. Using the audio file you gave me, I should be able to create the Eurobeat Edition a lot easier smile.gif

You cannot 'force' it to extract something that isn't there. I said that the ORIGINAL BLURAY had 2.0 audio, not the Central-Anime subbed rip. They only included the 5.1 audio. What I said was, if you can get your hands on the original 2.0 audio somehow it would be better than my downmix, but if you can't you have no choice.

Your volume issues were because you were importing 5.1 audio into a program that can only handle 2.0 audio.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Coolsy101
  Posted: Sep 1 2016, 11:47 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 minute, 54 seconds ago)
You cannot 'force' it to extract something that isn't there. I said that the ORIGINAL BLURAY had 2.0 audio, not the Central-Anime subbed rip. They only included the 5.1 audio. What I said was, if you can get your hands on the original 2.0 audio somehow it would be better than my downmix, but if you can't you have no choice.

Your volume issues were because you were importing 5.1 audio into a program that can only handle 2.0 audio.

Fair enough. I don't have the Original Blu-Ray and I don't think I will be able to get my hands on a copy so your file had to do. Currently uploading the movie to MEGA. I feel that it turned out well. Hopefully everyone loves it smile.gif
Coolsy101
  Posted: Sep 3 2016, 10:46 PM

IDW Member

Eurobeat Edition has been uploaded. Hope you all enjoy smile.gif
EvolutionOrange
Posted: Oct 11 2016, 01:45 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,138

Thanks for making the edit. I always avoided the new movies due to the lack of Eurobeat. I like the part with the time paradox between the FT86 and Takumi in the gas station.