Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Everyday & everytime

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,981  ·  Replies: 2 
> Initial D First stage DVD question
DasKatza
  Posted: Jan 9 2017, 01:17 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,855

I recently bought the first stage because I wanted to own it instead of watching it on hulu. I watched it in Japanese and everything was cool. But, when i switched it to English there was new music (A lot of rap songs) and sounds like new engine noises too. They're even calling Takahashi, Tak.

My question is this a new remake of this? It's just so weird and makes me think it's a bootleg copy or something. Sorry if this a silly question.

Meteor
Posted: Jan 9 2017, 06:58 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

It's not a bootleg. You just got the old Tokyopop release of First Stage instead of the newer Funimation release with the new less shitty dub.

You see, back when Initial D was still a relatively new name, a US anime/manga company by the name of Tokyopop picked up distribution rights to Initial D, and proceeded to absolutely butcher it in a misguided attempt at aiming to the Fast and The Furious crowd. Pretty much no one liked the end result.

So yeah, what you have is a piece of ancient Initial D history, in a way. It's not all bad though: from what I know, the Tokyopop DVDs have the Japanese video and audio tracks in slightly better quality than the Funimation DVDs do.
DasKatza
  Posted: Jan 10 2017, 04:58 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,855

Thank you so much. I'm glad I didn't get ripped off but it just sucks they got rid of the great music. I can always watch it in Japanese so no big loss.