Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Gas Gas Gas

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,572  ·  Replies: 6 
> IDAS5's machines how long it will stay?
I'm-Turtle
  Posted: Apr 24 2011, 09:37 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,298

I'm wondering the IDAS5's machines how long it will stay. confused2.gif
Like IDAS3?? Old but still available for now
Or like other arcades? Newer than IDAS3 but available for short only.

I really wish IDAS5's machines can stay permanent awesome.gif
Because i prefer this game's unique physic and everything.
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 24 2011, 11:28 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

I don't think they will be around for long. The main reason being that they can be used to upgrade into Stage 6. Much like Stage 4 machines were upgraded to Stage 5. Its cheaper than buying a new machine. Stage 3 is both popular and cannot be upgraded further so there is a practical reason for keeping them.

There is a Stage 4 machine in Ancorp(?) if I am not mistaken, so exceptions are always possible but I really do not see the Stage 5 machines in general staying. Times Square, 1 Utama and Sunway Pyramid arcades have already upgraded to Stage 6 and others would likely follow suit eventually. I suggest you enjoy any Stage 5 as much you can before they disappear.

I have not tried Stage 6 yet, hoping I would enjoy it because the Stage 5 machines are disappearing.

I wonder whether the Leisure Mall arcade would eventually upgrade though?

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Apr 24 2011, 11:47 PM
I'm-Turtle
  Posted: Apr 25 2011, 07:02 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,298

OMG~! Bad to heard that~
I just start my ID5 not more than half year yet but it gonna upgrade to new version?
So hurt when I heard that because I spend a lot of $$ on practice and FT my car
(Maybe isn't much than the professional player)

I think i will stop playing IDA if those machines really upgrade to become IDAS6AA because i don't like the physic for the new version although that's make it look like more to anime.

Look like i have to find some excuse to stop them to upgrade it XD
Something like can't earn back the cost even that's a new things there.
But don't know them will listen to me or not =.='' (somemore is COBAY company, Haiz, hopeless now but the location is at Wangsa Walk)

I would like to ask, actually who is in-charge for these machines?
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 09:13 PM

Nagao Fanboy

These machines can cost up to RM40,000-60,000 a piece if I recall Mat (The Times Square technician) told me once. Its quite a lot. I'm not sure the exact number but thats the range I remember now. He told me a more exact number but my memory is a bit blurry. I do not know who is in charge but probably someone in the company running the arcade. Its likely not the technicians. ID5 is relatively old so its likely not to attract as many new players as ID6 will. Since ID4 did not stay on in most places, ID5 will likely not either.

Before I stopped in January, I only played since July or August last year so I did not get much time with ID5 either but its time to move on I guess.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Apr 25 2011, 09:22 PM
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 11:24 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 3:28 PM)
I wonder whether the Leisure Mall arcade would eventually upgrade though?

Nearly no chance. The Leisure Mall machines are falling apart now due to lack of maintenance, and as I know, at least for Malaysia, any arcade intending to get V6 (EXP ver officially supported by Sega) MUST go online, and I doubt Fireworks will do that. And they would need another pair of V6 cabinets for tag battle, something probably way out of their budget.
Akii
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 12:06 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

QUOTE (Phoenix_Cypher_K1 @ 41 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
Nearly no chance. The Leisure Mall machines are falling apart now due to lack of maintenance, and as I know, at least for Malaysia, any arcade intending to get V6 (EXP ver officially supported by Sega) MUST go online, and I doubt Fireworks will do that. And they would need another pair of V6 cabinets for tag battle, something probably way out of their budget.

I asked their mechanics already. They say for now they have no plans whatsoever to bring in ID6 due to their player base being gone.
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 01:06 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Speaking of which, what happened to their player base anyways? Is it the general ID fanbase Malaysia dying thing?

Hmmm..........its nice to know that the option to play an ID5EXP2 is still there..............at least until it breaks down completely. That arcade is.......*remembers other machines there*

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Apr 26 2011, 01:07 PM