Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Never Throw Away

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,841  ·  Replies: 20 
> A question., about a rare moment in playing IDAS
GIDO
    Posted: Aug 29 2010, 06:35 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,913

What would you feel if someone else has the same car as you.. the same color of the car.. and the same exterior parts, etc? unsure.gif
Saint
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 08:09 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,067

For me, I'd be indifferent. No big deal about it, especially if the car is a special type like the Trueno, which almost everyone would've made theirs to look like Takumi's.

My S2K and R34 are exact replicas of God Hand and God Foot's cars. Lol.
DigiBunny
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 08:35 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I'd freakin FLIP.

If someone had MY exact name ( Unlikely possibility 1, given it's short length and irrelevance to the game ), MY car and my color ( Even more unlikely since it's not top tier ), with the same exact parts ( Even more unlikely! It's doesn't even look GT style!), then I've either got a fan or a freak coincidence.
Möbius
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 09:22 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 46 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
I'd freakin FLIP.

If someone had MY exact name ( Unlikely possibility 1, given it's short length and irrelevance to the game ), MY car and my color ( Even more unlikely since it's not top tier ), with the same exact parts ( Even more unlikely! It's doesn't even look GT style!), then I've either got a fan or a freak coincidence.

He didn't say anything about name, and it never happened to me even without that.

I used to drive all weird cars. tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
GIDO
  Posted: Aug 29 2010, 04:02 PM

IDW God Member

@Saint: Yeah, the Trueno AE86 is an exception in my question because like you said, everyone has to have one. It's like a requirement, rather than a choice. lol.

@DigiBunny: Yeah me too. But I'll go nuts if someone has the same card name as me but I don't know him/her. I'll challenge his ass and erase his card *hacking* /evil hahaha.

@Mobius: But I drive the very popular s2000, and someone got the same color parts as me. But the good thing for me is, the other s2000 is an automatic. Somewhat fail? lol.
Möbius
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 04:04 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (GIDO @ 1 minute, 52 seconds ago)
@Saint: Yeah, the Trueno AE86 is an exception in my question because like you said, everyone has to have one. It's like a requirement, rather than a choice. lol.

@DigiBunny: Yeah me too. But I'll go nuts if someone has the same card name as me but I don't know him/her. I'll challenge his ass and erase his card *hacking* /evil hahaha.

@Mobius: But I drive the very popular s2000, and someone got the same color parts as me. But the good thing for me is, the other s2000 is an automatic. Somewhat fail? lol.

So that's a good indication that the guy is not trying to copy you. cool.gif
GIDO
  Posted: Aug 29 2010, 04:11 PM

IDW God Member

Yeah. Oh a question popped up, How do you remove this feeling of "wtf, he has the same everything as meh!" ? unsure.gif
Möbius
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 04:22 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (GIDO @ 10 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
Yeah. Oh a question popped up, How do you remove this feeling of "wtf, he has the same everything as meh!" ? unsure.gif

Beat him in a race and it won't matter anymore. smile.gif
GIDO
  Posted: Aug 29 2010, 04:52 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Möbius @ 29 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
Beat him in a race and it won't matter anymore. smile.gif

Oh nice. Thanks Mobius. smile.gif
Möbius
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 05:20 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (GIDO @ 28 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
Oh nice. Thanks Mobius. smile.gif

Always glad to help. smile.gif

Signed,
The biggest fisherman of the GTA
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 08:06 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

if that were to happen to me, esp. to my FD RS... same color, same parts, same card name... either that person just wants to insult me indirectly or wants to issue a challenge to me, which i am always willing to accept...
DigiBunny
Posted: Aug 30 2010, 02:25 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ 6 hours, 18 minutes ago)
if that were to happen to me, esp. to my FD RS... same color, same parts, same card name... either that person just wants to insult me indirectly or wants to issue a challenge to me, which i am always willing to accept...

Don't tempt me when I've just accepted retirement. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by DigiBunny on Aug 30 2010, 02:25 AM
GIDO
  Posted: Aug 30 2010, 05:10 AM

IDW God Member

We all know you want to race again. smile.gif)
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Aug 30 2010, 07:32 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Yesterday, 6:25 PM)
Don't tempt me when I've just accepted retirement.  whistling.gif

i'm not tempting you when i said that... IMO the only way you'll be tempted to return is if i suddenly go 3'05 or 3'06 on iro. dh dry after seeing your latest video...

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Aug 30 2010, 07:35 PM
DamienWolf
Posted: Aug 30 2010, 07:40 PM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

Mine was somewhat the same issue. It wasnt the exact same car (well, oh yeah it was also an S2K), but different colors and stuff. Only problem is, the guy had the same name as me.

A friend of my team approached him and asked why he chose the name and the guy promptly showed my friend the rankings page (in which I was number 1 in more than a few maps) and said "Ive been using this every since I started and now Im number 1".

After hearing about it, I just laughed it off especially when I found out the guy wasnt even full-tuned but my teammates werent as forgiving. Honest mistake? Fine. Using the name for other intentions? Didnt sit well with them.

Dont see the guy anymore. By the way that was back in Version 4

Saint
Posted: Aug 31 2010, 12:34 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ 4 hours, 54 minutes ago)
Mine was somewhat the same issue. It wasnt the exact same car (well, oh yeah it was also an S2K), but different colors and stuff. Only problem is, the guy had the same name as me.

A friend of my team approached him and asked why he chose the name and the guy promptly showed my friend the rankings page (in which I was number 1 in more than a few maps) and said "Ive been using this every since I started and now Im number 1".

After hearing about it, I just laughed it off especially when I found out the guy wasnt even full-tuned but my teammates werent as forgiving. Honest mistake? Fine. Using the name for other intentions? Didnt sit well with them.

Geez, what a troll. D: What did your friends do about it, since you said they weren't as forgiving?
LETS*
Posted: Aug 31 2010, 04:01 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,407

I did faced someone with the same exterior setup my FD RS previously had. Only difference was that his car colour was white and used SSR Type C(white) while mine was silver and used a bronze version of the same rims laugh.gif

Edit : Oh yeah, that was a few months ago

This post has been edited by LETS* on Aug 31 2010, 04:03 AM
GIDO
  Posted: Aug 31 2010, 04:57 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ 9 hours, 16 minutes ago)

Your teammates thrashed the guy or something?
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 09:30 PM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

If that kind of coincidence happen, I will say "Oh, YEAH! I got a fan!" and then I'm gonna challenge him. If we ended up in a tie, I will be FREAKIN' OUT and say "He even copy my skills!!!"

If the copier is a girl, I will ask her out on a date... w00t2.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 10:51 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 1 hour, 21 minutes ago)
If that kind of coincidence happen, I will say "Oh, YEAH! I got a fan!" and then I'm gonna challenge him. If we ended up in a tie, I will be FREAKIN' OUT and say "He even copy my skills!!!"

If the copier is a girl, I will ask her out on a date... w00t2.gif

You ah, cant end in a tie.

Even if he were "Copying" your skills, then because you two started out at different places, him copying your exact braking and accelerating will result in you constantly pulling away if you started in front. Because hey, you did all the actions he's going to do first.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 11:02 PM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

ok then, i mean that whether he's faster than me a little bit or me faster than him a little bit. Well the point is how i react with that kind of coincidence.

This post has been edited by Takahashi Rensuke on Sep 5 2010, 11:05 PM