Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing parting

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,167  ·  Replies: 42 
> [FANFIC]Mystery Silvia......, my 1st fanfic (i plan on making more)
Akio
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 04:36 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,255

Just add wings, and you can be the fastest down the mountain..... and I put emphasis on down the mountain. happy.gif
Max_Muscle
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 04:54 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 29,225

ha ha ha ha ha

but in al seriousness i would never destroy a charger
Akio
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 05:11 PM

Shmuck

Yeah, I guess you wouldn't. Im re-working on the S13/240/One-Via you get the point.
Max_Muscle
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 05:16 PM

IDW Full Member

i really dont lol u seem like i know u but i dont lol
Akio
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 05:30 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (Max_Muscle @ Today at 5:16 PM)
i really dont lol u seem like i know u but i dont lol

Oh, lmao ok so i'll talk to tony biggrin.gif
Max_Muscle
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 05:33 PM

IDW Full Member

im tonys friend how u know tony lol
.M.
  Posted: Apr 11 2008, 06:28 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,224

WHY ARE ALL MY CHARACTERS IN THE STORY!!!
Max_Muscle
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 06:35 PM

IDW Full Member

cause u put them in there :|
Zen321
Posted: Apr 13 2008, 08:54 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 29,232

Chapter 7: Extreme training

On the Thursday evening, after having presented a business plan for one of his clients in Tokyo, Robin (Zen) went to Akina to prepare for Saturday’s battle against the Silvia.
After two downhill runs, he decided to go up and do a pause near the lake. He arrived at the store near Akina’s lake, and took a coffee. It was about 4am, and he had a lot more training to do. He was looking at the moon and the stars when he heard a nice engine sound. It was a blue Subaru Impreza that stopped at the hotel neat. He could see its driver open the trunk and give something to a cook. When the driver got back in his car, Zen felt a strong aura surrounding the car, just by the way the guy ignited his engine and revved it. It was a smooth and delicate right foot touch that showed the skill of the pilot. It made an half-turn, and went to the downhill, quite slowly at the beginning.
Zen, seeing that it was a good occasion to practice his skills against a 4WD decided to follow him. They arrived at the beacon where usually downhill races start on Akina. Zen turned on his warning lights, and flashed the blue Impreza that was just ahead, so as to tell him to stop, which was what the mysterious driver did.

Zen: “It’s a nice car you have here. Is it fast on downhill runs?”
?(In a sleepy way): “Hmm, yeah… It is quite fast, but a bit bulky sometimes.”
Zen: “Oh really? I thought that its 4 wheel drive system gave it a lot of agility in corners?”
?(still sleepy): “Oh, yeah, but the inertia is a bit… too high sometimes. It’s very different compared to my car.’
Zen: “Isn’t it your car?”
?(after yawning, with eyes half closed): “No, it’s my dad. My car’s a Panda Trueno hachi-roku.”
Zen(realizing the guy was the one he saw driving on the first night in Gunma): “Ooh I see, I’ve seen you driving… it’s impressive! Nice to meet you, my name’s Robin, but everyone call me just Zen.”
?: “Okay then Zen, nice to meet you, I’m Fujiwara Takumi"
Zen: *So it’s the guy Itsuki told me about… he seems to be a very talented driver* “I see, I’ve heard of you as the master of Akina’s downhill. Do you mind if I follow you and if we push it a bit? I have battle on Saturday, so I want to train and see how I can do against the best driver on Akina.”
Takumi: “I don’t know if I’m supposed to battle someone…”
Zen: “It’s okay, it’s not going to be a battle, just a training in… real conditions.’
Takumi: “Okay then let’s go.”

They got back in their cars, and started the engines. Takumi and Zen started the race in a chaser-leader pattern. On the straight line after the start line, Takumi’s car pulled away, for it is more powerful. Zen was pushing hard to keep up, but he felt somehow more comfortable than before, and it wasn’t much tiring or stressing to keep up. Takumi was driving without much thinking of it, as usual. He felt a little uncomfortable, however, to see that an outsider, not even Japaneese, could keep up with him. He realized that it was because he was driving the Impreza, and he hadn’t the same cornering feeling than with the Hachiroku. They both arrived to a left long U-turn corner that Takumi gripped. Robin saw that the inside of it had no barriers in the inside, but instead a little slope (25°) upside.
Zen: *It is nice; I’ll be able to do my initial satellite drift*
He started drifting, and quite at the beginning of the corner, he went inside and put his front left wheel on the elevated slope, which resulted in a mass transfer to the rear, allowing him to accelerate while still drifting, and to push more to the inside of the turn. The balance was so perfect that he decided to light up a cigarette. He took his hand off the wheel, while blocking it with his right knee, and lit up his cigarette. He put his hands back when he arrived to the point where he should stop countersteering. He ended up this corner perfectly.
Zen: *Wow, I’ve never done that… I feel so comfortable and unstressed here.*
Until the end of the race, the gap between them stayed the same, and there haven’t been much actions, except that when they twinned at five centimeters in an hairpin four corners ahead, and when Takumi decided to take the gutter run in the five hairpins, while Zen linked the five hairpins doing his satellite drift.
They parked at the skating ring after the finish line.
Zen: “It has been a pleasure to drive with you Takumi, you’re a very skilled driver, and this session allowed me to test new lines, which will lead me to victory on Saturday. Do you do these deliveries all week long?”
Takumi: “Yes, but tomorrow I’ll be with my hachi-roku. You’re as well very fast for a stranger, and since I got this new car and my new engine for the hachi-roku, I only had one battle that wasn’t easy.”
Zen: “I’ve seen you driving a bit with your hachi-roku, and it was very impressing. Maybe we should do another training session tomorrow?”
Takumi: “Yes why not. However I’m gonna go to bed now, I’m really tired!”
He went back into his car. Zen came to the window.
Zen: “By the way, do you smoke?”
Takumi: “No, not at all, why?”
Zen: “I saw you smoking in your car, last Saturday, you were going downhill and I was on my way up.”
Takumi: “Oh, it must have been my father then, he had a meeting at the hotel in the early evening.”
He started very smoothly, with no excessive wheel-spin.

Zen: *What a family…*.

During the day, Zen went to Akina to see the road on the dailylight, so as to get an even better idea of its width, what kind of tarmac it was, and any special trick he could use. In the United-States, where he started racing, his homecourse special was the “orbit drift”, the original version of the satellite, in which he put his front inside wheel on a raised slope, as he used before, in the training with Takumi. When he raced in France, he used a lot of inside dirt drop grip, a sort of gutter run on dirt, which made the inside wheels spin and oversteer a little, giving even more grip to the outside wheels, and allowing to have the same effect. Here on Akina, except the orbit drift spot in the U-turn, and the satellite drifts in the gutters, he hadn’t seen any spot where he could use his dirt drop grip.

He was going uphill when he arrived at the five hairpins. When he was drifting in the third, he heard a familiar engine sound: it was Takumi’s Trueno. They both arrived at the 2nd hairpin at the same time, and both did a four wheel drift, each staying on their lines. The cars passed at less than 4 centimeters of each other. When they were close, Robin blew some smoke, while he saw the Trueno’s driver do the same. He felt a cold shock realizing that it was Takumi’s father. This guy had really an impressive technique. Zen slowed down the pace.

Zen: “This driver is really a god…”

The white Trueno took the gutter on the following hairpin, and disappeared fast. The old man crushed his cigarette in the ashtray.
?: “Hmm that was not bad, for an foreigner Supra, that guy’s got a good control, but he’s *just* at the boy’s level.”
___

On the following night, he met with Takumi at the startline. Because the cars were about the same power, they decided to do a stopped start. They both revved to the redline and launched very fast. Because he was on the inside, Robin took the lead after the first mid speed corner. They were driving faster than the previous night, because it was clear that Zen was even more at ease on the track, and that Takumi was slightly better with his Trueno than with the Impreza. The gap didn’t widen or reduce when they were gripping, and they twindrifted perfectly every other corner. The action started at the five hairpins. Takumi took the gutter in the first trying to overtake Robin, which didn’t work. Robin used his satellite drift on the second, then instantly took the gutter in the third, while Takumi took the gutter all the time. In the fourth one, Zen took the gutter when he saw that Takumi tried to pass him on the inside, after a feint which consisted to seem to go outside, the same he used against Takeshi (Zack). On the straight before the fifth, Takumi was behind Zen. The black Supra drifted with a nice mass transfer, combined with a very nice shiftlock. Takumi used Bunta’s gutter trick, going on the gutter in mid corner, which surprised Robin. They were neck and neck for the first midspeed corner. Robin was inside, while Takumi outside. They both drifted at the same angle, with the same speed, each one staying on his line which made Takumi in the inside for the corner after and he easily took the lead. There were only 2 corners left before the finish. The Supra was 50 centimeters behind the Trueno.
Zen: *I’m going to try this strategic stuff, preventing him from taking the inside*.
Takumi braked to take the corner. Robin didn’t, and accelerated even more. He drifted with a quite high angle, which made him go in the inside of the corner when Tak (Takumi) was about to take it. The Supra kept its drift, during the very short straight, then used it as a feint drift to take the inside of the other corner. With his Panda Trueno, Takumi cut Robin’s line, which forced the Supra to go inside later, while Takumi was going drifting faster, to the outside. It was the last corner, and Takumi was in lead at its exit. With its higher torque, the Supra could compensate the lower cornering speed in the exit, and keep up with the Trueno’s. However, he wouldn’t be able to pass it.

Zen: “It was a very good battle, thank you a lot. I think I’m ready to beat the guy tomorrow.”
Tak (Takumi): “It was fun, I never raced with a strange before yesterday. I’m seeing new driving ways, very different from ours in Japan.”
Zen: “Will you come to the battle tomorrow?”
Tak (Takumi): “No, we’re going to Kanagawa with our team. It’s going to be our first battle there.”
Zen: “Hmm it’s quite far… But anyway good luck for tomorrow, even if you don’t need it, our skills are so high that we will easily win our battles.” He winked.
.M.
  Posted: Apr 13 2008, 09:04 AM

IDW God Member

ahhaha ncie one robin, you and takumi eh? kewl
Max_Muscle
Posted: Apr 13 2008, 05:50 PM

IDW Full Member

come on tony wheres ur next chapter
.M.
  Posted: Apr 14 2008, 02:39 PM

IDW God Member

Chapter 9 - Akio's Revenge

*RING*RING*RING*

"Hello?"

"Hey Dude its Akio, You think you can do a race for me?"

"Umm sure were are you?"

"In Akina"

"Hmm well....*pause* I'll be there, but your paying for my hotel"

"Fine...meet you there, and also bring your car"

"*SIGH* Dont you think thats a bit powerful for a mountain race?"

"Oh stop whining" *Hangs up phone*

"Yo akio"

"Sup Max you have a question?"

"Yea, why did you call him?"

"We havent seen him since we were little, plus he was already in japan. I also wanna see his so called legendary pink S15, such a girly color.."

"I think its to throw people off.'

A pink car pulls to the bottom of akina mountain, the driver shuts the car off and waits for the race to finish.

"I want to see akio has gotten since cali, i bet hes pretty good now"

Three cars come roaring around the 2nd to last corner, a black supra was in the lead, akios familiar black S13 with the V8 roaring came flying out the corner.

"Thats akio alrighty, seems he got owned, well better challenge this guy, he seems intresting"

He sees the two drivers pull into the parking lot, akio is shouting and gets in his car and drives off past him, unaware his friend is already there. He brakes hard into the parking lot...

“I saw your race against Akio, you’re impressively fast, I’ll be eager to have a battle with you.”

Zen: “Sure, but only downhill, I hate uphill races.”

?: “It’s okay with me, let’s meet next Saturday at 10pm at the top of here.”

He drove off, leaving the supra dude in the dust...

"Heheheeh Ill have to end this quickly, or my tires will be gone"

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Max_Muscle
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 06:07 PM

IDW Full Member

who is racing the supra dude
Zen321
Posted: Apr 17 2008, 01:55 PM

IDW Member

Chapter 9: Duel to the limits.

The Saturday of the battle between the V8 powered pink S15 and the lightly tuned 5MGE Supra MKII had finally arrived.
Zen was cruising around Gunma, to visit the town. He had never arrived when it was daylight and he found this town really pretty. It was around 7 pm when he got angry. He was driving in a narrow street and saw a tofu shop.

Zen: *I never tasted tofu…*
He parked his Supra in front of the shop. While he was opening the door, an old-man got out smoking; he had a towel on his shoulder. He came toward the guy.
Zen: “Excuse me, do you speak English?”
?: “Yes, a bit.”
Zen: “Are you the cook? Is it possible to get tofu tonight?”
?: ”Yes, it is.”
There was a little pause, Zen felt un at-ease.
?: ”You’ve got some skills”.
Zen: “Huh? What did you say?”
?: “I said you had some skills, in your Supra. Plus, the Kuwahara 2900 kits are good, though uncommon in road cars.”
Zen: *How can he know???* “Yeah, it’s a nice car, very easy to drive fast on narrow roads”
?: “What I meant is I only saw one people driving like you did”.
Zen: “Who?”
?: “The boy.”
The old man blew some smoke. Zen felt a shock, he recognized the way the AE86 driver smoked when he passed by him the day before.
Zen: “You are… Takumi’s father? Nice to meet you, my name’s Robin, but everyone calls me Zen”
Bunta: “Nice to meet you Robin, I’m Fujiwara Bunta”
Zen: “Fujiwara-san, your driving is impressive”
Bunta: “I wasn’t pushing hard”.
Zen could almost feel an incredibly huge aura surrounding Bunta, by the way he spoke, by his cool attitude.
Zen: “Can I bother you? Do you mind if I ask you some advices?”
Bunta: “Why?”
Zen: “I have a battle tonight on Akina’s downhill… it’s against a V8 powered Silvia. I saw it, I guess it’s about 650 horsepower… maybe more.”
Bunta: “Hmm… don’t get demoralized during the race… stay focused… everything will come at the end.”
Zen: “Hmm… can you tell me more?”
Bunta: “You’ll see it by yourself. Come in, I’m gonna prepare your tofu”.
Zen ate his tofu in front of the store, while smoking some cigarettes and talking with the old-man about cars, his road-racing experience in the United-States and in France. Bunta was intrigued by the foreigner, because his delusion reminded him of what he was 20 years ago when he started road-racing with his hachi-roku. When Zen had finished, it was time from him to go to the start line. He thanked the old man and rushed toward Akina.
Bunta: *It’s too bad he has to fight that kind of opponent here and tonight in Akina… He’ll need a miracle*.
___

There wasn’t many people on Akina’s road to watch the battle, for people were less interested in challengers. The pink S15 was waiting at the start line. People were getting anxious about whether the Supra would come to the challenge. Suddenly, a guy in a talkie-walkie said that he could see some flip headlights coming, then told it was the Supra. When he heard that, the guy in his S15 roared his engine to the limiter, which made the crowd go wild.
The Supra arrived at a slow pace, economizing his fuel. To prepare for the battle, he had put only 10 liters of fuel, which was enough to go down Akina. But he’d have only one run, so long chaser-leader battle will be out of question.
He half-turned and parked next to the pink Silvia and got out. An afro-American guy got out of his pink Silvia. He was younger than Zen, about the same age of Akio.

Ben: “I’m glad you came. I’m Ben, nice to meet you.”
Zen: “I’m Robin, but everyone calls me Zen. Nice to meet you. What are the rules ?”
Ben: “It’ll be a single run. We both do a standing start, and the first to cross the finish line wins.”
Zen: “It’s fine for me.”
Ben: “Let’s get started then.”

They got back to their car. A guy came and started the countdown.
5… Ben gave a good throttle shot. Zen only revved 1000 rpm.

4… Ben gave another one. Zen stayed at the idle rpm

3…They both idled.

2… Ben pressed the gas pedal to the metal, so did Zen, which resulted in in firebursts going out on their respective dual exhausts.

1…Ben stayed at maximum rpm, while Zen reduced the gas to be at approximately 6500 rpm, his perfect rev for lanching.

GO! They both launched, Ben made a huge smoke cloud, while Zen launched properly. For his perfect launch, Zen gained 20 meters over Ben, but when the Silvia regained grip, the whole 650 horsepower of the V8 could express themselves without compromises. He easily passed Zen in the straight, and slowly disappeared after each corner.

Ben: *If I put as much distance as I can between us, I’ll win the race, even if he tries to catch me up at the end when I’ll get more technical…*
He shifted to 4th, and accelerated with bursts going out of his exhaust.
Zen was 4 seconds behind him, and during the fast part, the gap kept increasing, even if Zen was taking perfect lines, because of his training sessions with the downhill expert of Project D, Takumi Fujiwara.

When they were at midrace, the gap was of 9 seconds, but Zen didn’t know that. He was starting to get pissed for that, despite of his efforts, he couldn’t catch the guy up. He was thinking of the old tofu maker. He slowed down the pace.

Zen: *Hmpf, I should have known that he wouldn’t give me useful advices… *Bunta: don’t get demoralized…* Don’t get demoralized… he’s funny how can I win against a 650 horsepower V8 Silvia…*Bunta: stay focused…* Wait, of course! It’s a FR V8, so it’s pretty weight unbalanced! His front is way heavier than it used to be. Plus, he must have had solidified his chassis to adapt to the 650 horsepower, so it’s even heavier. And the tires would warm up even faster than Akio, that’s why he left me in the smoke at the start!*
The gap was now of 12 seconds, because Zen had slowed. He downshifted to benefit from the powerband and pushed hard.

Zen: *Don’t worry Ben, I’ll catch you!*
___

The black Supra arrived where the corners start to tighten up. The supremacy of the S15 would be sharp cut here. Roaring his 5GME to the max, benefitting of all of his 230 horses, Zen cleared the corners at an impressive speed. Faster than before.
He was so cool-minded, determined and confident, that the gap rapidly decreased from 12 to 6 seconds.
He arrived at the famous five hairpins. He looked on his right, and he saw some lights just right after the second hairpin.
Zen:*I’m here! Even if the margin of error is ultra small, I have to link the five hairpins with the satellite*
He put his front right wheel in the gutter, with the inertia, slid to the gutter on the other side, when he arrived at the apex, he braked a little, making his mass goes to the front, and allowing him to push the gas pedal in order to make his rear wheels spin, resulting in another satellite drift.
He kept this pace in the third and fourth hairpin, making him right behind Ben’s pink S15.

Ben:*I knew he would catch me near that zone, but anyway, how the hell could he be THAT fast in the hairpins… There’s a little straight before the last one, let’s boost up!*
Suddenly, his Silvia gained an impressive speed.
Zen:*His car is really powerful*.
Earlier than expected, the Silvia braked.
Zen:*He's braking earlier to prevent from understeering, because he’s heavy… I’ll have to beat him on entries.*
The Supra had to brake later and fewer, for it is lighter and slower. The Silvia had already started cornering and drifting, while Zen kept getting closer to it. He launched the black car in a low angle drift, in order to prevent from a collision if one of the smoky tires of the Silvia popped.
Zen:*It’s my chance to pass him!*
For Zen, it was as if the time slowed up to half of its normal pace. He had the choice for two moves now… He hesitated half a second, but decided to keep the other one for a further battle with Ben, as he felt there would be a rematch. He didn’t want to show him now his last resort technique.
So, he chose the other one.
At the same time, he stopped countersteering, and lightly pressed the brake, still accelerating. Ben could see the Supra got a higher angle pretty fast, and he expected a move. However, still struggling with his worn tires he couldn’t block it. The angle change Zen initiated, along with a smooth accelerator control, made his Supra flow to the inside at the exit, and he pushed the gas as soon as he regained enough grip.
The Supra was halfway ahead the Silvia.
Zen felt a relief, and for him the time went back up at his normal pace, as his adrenaline level, got normal again…
… but by that time, the Silvia had finished its corner, and the 650hp could express themselves again, making Ben first again, and the Supra behind.
And for the very last section the positions stayed here, for Zen was catching up in corners, but Ben was using every single inch of straight to widen the gap. He finished 4 seconds before then crossed the line.

They parked.

Ben: “You have some skills and guts to catch me and overtook me like you did. It was a nice battle.”
Zen: “Yeah indeed… But the power difference killed me…”
Ben: “How powerful are you?”
Zen: “Around 230 hp”
Ben: “Hmm, that’s pretty few, but I’m not gonna brag… You seem to have enough skill to profit of all of them… However it should be time to change your car to a newer Supra! I have to go, I expect a rematch!! Here’s my number, cya!”
He left the parking with cloud of smoke.
Zen sat on the top of his car and lit a cigarette.

Zen: *No Ben, my Supra only made me lose once… But you won’t be able to see my taillights anymore when I’ve added what I came in Japan for…*
.M.
  Posted: Apr 17 2008, 02:07 PM

IDW God Member

Update - Max's First Touge Race

Max was practicing on akina mountain, getting used to the tight turns, while he was he was used to gentle turns of the highway, :*Sigh* My car needs to lightened considerably, and the soft suspension and narrow bias-ply tires have absolutely no grip here, "Whats that?! Another american car? i can hear a V8 but the headlights dont look familiar, guess its a 02 maro.." The set of headlights were growing closer at an alarming rate, he could hear the distinct sound of a engine even larger than his, "My hemi can outrun any of these noobs on the straights, but i have to be careful on them darn turns" with a slightly evil grin, he slams the gas, sending the rearend into smoke mode for a seconds before the old clunky differental catches up,"Dangit! i need a new diff also,:" As he downshifts into a lower gear, the rearend steps out and he instantly counters, drifting the corner, barely holding on as his heavy old charger understeers flying towards the outsideright when the corner ends, "Phew that was a close one, WHAT??!!" The set of headlights which were now i view, revealed a silvia, S15 to be exact was emitting the burly sound and was already starting a drift halfway through the straightaway, ponting towards the exit on the hairpin, "Who is this guy?" Max thought, but when his headlights iluminated the car, he saw a pinkpaint job and a afro through the window,"Oh its ben, wonder if he won the race yet.." he saw ben parked into a small parking lot getting some coffee, he got out of his blue charger. "Yo ben, Crazy driving, didnt know you were that skilled though..." "Nah i was just messing with ya, though u have improved since u got here only 7 weeks ago, u have lots of potential." "Well thanks, did u win the race against that robin dude?" "Yeah, but i wanted a remtach, his car wasnt complete." "well neither is yours ben, u siad the suspension is not done yet, the front end was to heavy, and u needed even thicker tires so the pwoer wont kill you." Max said with an evil grin, "well im done with the suspension, and i just installed the lighter front sub-frame, i was testing out the mods.." "ah cool, can u practice with me? maybe even a little race?" "hmm sure meet me at the bottom of the mountain" as ben drove past to get back on the road, Max noticed a number on the side of his S15, " 572ZZ?, he must be crazy! that thing hasnt killed him yet? no wonder akio got an silvia WITH a chevy engine." at the base of the mountain, max saw ben waiting for him, "on the 3rd honk we go, hope u can keep up." "Whatever." on the 3rd honk, max let the clutch go, the blue charger shot forward like a bull, charging after bens silvia, who was still pulling away, "judging his engine stock, i guess he has around 650 horsepower, but thats 250 to much, even for uphill." he slid the charger around the corner at high speed, tires barely gripping the slippery road, he heard the sound of sqeuals, and saw bens tailights, he was slowing down, waiting for him, "in not that slow, my car just is" the race was almost over, he couldnt even hear the other car anymore, just see fresh skid marks on the road. The summit was one corner away, he knew he lost but decided to put all he has in the corner, the old car stumbled over and went into a almost D1 style drift, sligning smoke everywhere, "ah there max is, i can see the smoke rising over the trees, i told him not to over do it...*sigh*" he saw bens S15 waiting for him, he got out "Yo ben, i need help, the car suspension is to soft, and th tires are to slippery, do u know anyone who can help me?" "i might, lets go meet him." A few moments later, they pulled up to a small building, " fujiwara tofu shop? this is that dude akio was talking about, why would we come here?" a old aged man was standing at the entrance, smoking a ciggartte, and talking to ben, he then saw the two nod at each other, and ben pulled up to maxs window, "leave your car here for a few days, it will come back much better handling." "Mr.Fujiwara, this is the car i would like you to use your tuning specialty on." "hmm this might be a challenge, it will be have to be lightend, the tires be considerably larger and grippier, and a new transmission installed. Do you think you can pay?" "Have i ever lied to you?" "hmm well okay, tell him to pick it up in a week or two, ill see what i can do." "thanks bunta, i owe you" Max got in bens S15, and they drove off, "who was that?" "thats bunta fujiwara, he's a legendary racer in these parts, i belive uve heard of his son, Takumi Fujiwara." "the guy with that 86? hes crazy fast, if his dad is like i think he is, my charger will be superfast."
"While your waiting, your going to learn how to drive on the uphill, we start tommorow."

This post has been edited by .M. on Apr 23 2008, 05:32 PM
Zen321
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 12:57 PM

IDW Member

Chapter 10 : A new monster is born!

The day following the battle against Ben, Zen went to get some tofu at noon because he wasn’t in the mood for cooking his own meal, but mostly because he wanted to talk with Bunta of what happened the day before.
Zen: “Good morning Fujiwara-san, can you prepare me some fried tofu please?”
Bunta: “Oooh it’s you Robin, you seem not in good shape… partied a lot yesterday evening?”
Zen: “Not really, I spent half of the night thinking about the race, rewatching it in my mind, so as to see what was wrong.”
Bunta: “With your car?”
Zen: “No, with my driving… I lost, for the first time ever”
Bunta: “Hmmm I was expecting this. I heard that car was really powerful… did you follow my advice?”
Zen: “Yeah, I understood it a bit late though… however I eventually caught him and took the lead for a bit, but this was right at the entry of the straight, and he took too much advance here that he was impossible to catch up later.”
Bunta: *It’s a shame, he’s very promising… the first loss is always a decisive moment for a good driver* “I should have told you, but there is a technique you could have used where you passed him. I guess it was at the fifth hairpin right?”
Zen: *0_0* “ Yeah actually yeah… were you there?”
Bunta: “Nope, it was the only place it would have been possible, I guess you stayed on the inside line after passing him… but you should have gone in front of him to impede him for reaccelerating as fast.”
Zen: “I couldn’t go on the outside, I’d have crashed in him…
The old man lit up a cigarette and went outside, his towel on the shoulder and a pocket in the hand. He looked at the sky.

Bunta: “Actually, you should have done something which could allow you to finish in front of him…”
Zen (lighting as well a cigarette): “How? I mean there was no way…”
Bunta: “Don’t pretend you don’t know, you surely know what I’m talking about…”
Zen: “No, I hope you’re not telling me to ‘use’ it?”
Bunta: “Good, I thought a moment that you didn’t know it existed…”
Zen: “Yeah, I could have done it, but I didn’t think of it at that moment… plus last time I used it, it was in the US and I melted m clutch disks… and I wanted to keep it for a rematch with him.”
Bunta: “Hmm… If you really want a rematch with him, you will have to modify your car, because as far as I can see, it is not yet complete”.
Zen: “How do you know all that stuff, have you been spying me? ^^ Yeah actually I have some ideas that would make me for sure faster… It’s to inst…”
Bunta (cutting him): “To install the cylinder head of a 7M-GE on it, to put carbon or glass fiber bodykits and hood to turn it lighter, and finally to retune the suspension and final drive to make it driveable.”
Zen: “This is impressive, how could you know this was on my mind, I never told someone about my ideas…”
Bunta: “You have to be crazy to do that mods on a car… but if you installed a Kuwahara 2900 kit on your everyday, it means that you’re crazy enough to proceed.”
Zen: “I guess we understand each other.”
Bunta: “I know a mechanic crazy enough to do it, plus he owes me a favor, you will just have to buy the parts, but they shouldn’t be that expensive. However, you’ll have to tune the suspension settings on your own, but I also guess it is what you wanted to do.”
Zen: “Alright, I have a vacation week, I’ll let you the car and do a bit of tourism… Thank you Fujiwara-sempai, you are really the guy I needed to meet here”.
Bunta: “It’s okay, don’t get sentimental. I’ll do this at one condition.”
Zen: “Which?”
Bunta: “That you take me in your car for a test spin after it is set up.”

All the week along, Robin didn’t see his Supra. On the Friday evening, he was driving with Bunta downhill Akina. They arrived to the very last corner, and Zen decided to drift it. At the same time, he blocked the steering wheel with his left knee, took his cigarette pack, and lit up one. He put back the pack in his pocket, smoke a puff, then put back his hand on the wheel.
Bunta: *Hmmm… not bad, not bad at all*.
Zen: “I did just like you”
Bunta: “I don’t even touch the steering with my knee when I light up a cigarette in the Hachi-roku.”
Zen: “You liar.”
Bunta smiled.

Ben was admiring his modded car in his garage when he received a call.
Zen: “Ben, it’s Zen, you told me you wanted a rematch. Let’s meet tomorrow evening on Akagi.”
He hung up. Ben smiled.
Ben: *This idiot is gonna lose. Akagi’s straights are much longer, and my brand new supercharger won’t be of any pity toward him…*

It was 10:30pm the next day, when suddenly two huge skid sounds could be heard at the top of the mount. It was the start of the rematch race between Robin and Ben. Immediately after both cars regained grip, Ben quickly took the lead, for his 1048 horsepowers really helped him on straights. Zen could hear a suction sound when Ben accelerated. Ben vanished in the dark.
Zen: *Prolly a supercharger.*
The black carbon hooded supra arrived to the first corner, a high speed one to the left. He could see giant skids and some smoke floating around the cold air of the mount.
Zen: *If he keeps drifting like that, his tires will blow up at 75% of the course and he’ll finish downstairs…*.
He accelerated as the corner tightened up to become a long U-Turn to the left. There was then a short sized straight before a very tight hairpin to the right. The skids that were there were enormous and Zen deduced that it was because that Ben had a too powerful car for that kind of tracks. After the corner, he could see away a redish light… the S15 tailights!
Ben was about to enter a series of 4 “semipins” (very tight corners, looking like hairpins, but that do less than 180°) leading to 2 U-Turns, while Zen was still at the middle of the midsized straight leading to them.

Zen: “I’ll catch you at the 3rd semi. Don’t worry, my achieved Supra, which now pulls 330 horsepower and weight 150 kilos less will just kill you in corners!”
He shifted to 4th gear, and a big burst appeared at his exhaust mufflers.
.M.
  Posted: Apr 27 2008, 01:07 PM

IDW God Member

heheehe downfall of the silvia tongue.gif
Zen321
Posted: May 9 2008, 03:45 PM

IDW Member

Chapter 11: In a whole bunch of smoke.

The black Supra arrived at the first semipin. He started drifting earlier than he used to, for he realized that this could made him faster. He took a perfect line, and immediately after he launched his car the other way to enter the next semipin.

Ben had slowed drastically his pace in the semipins, for the impressive added power and the heavier chassis were difficult to handle. He just finished passing the second semipin, and immediately after the next corner started the third one. Because he was too close to the guardrail, his left tires were on the white marking, and they started slipping earlier than expected, for the markings are less grippy than the asphalt. While he was struggling not to take too much angle, he heard a noise at his right.

Ben: *He caught me up already?? How?*

The two cars were 20 centimeters close and the Supra was inside at the corner exit. When they started reaccelerating, the S15 took the lead again. He went right in front of Zen during the short straight, and they arrived at the fourth semipin.
Ben:*I need to put as much distance between us now! So that I will pull over even more in the big straights and the high speed corners! I’ll just have to use this technique…*
He slowed down the pace. Zen felt weird, the driver of the other must have been preparing something, because then he wouldn’t have slowed down that early. Suddenly, he heard the V8 revved over the redline.
Zen: *Is he… clutchkicking? Here on that corner?*
Suddenly, Ben released the clutch, and with the power, his car started taking high angle. Lots and lots of smoke and burnt rubber flew out of his rear wheels. Soon, the hairpin was covered by smoke. Ben kept doing this in the short straight line and in the 2 successive U-turns that led to the high speed chicanes. If there were spectators looking from down that highspeed straight, they could think that a fire has started since the amount of smoke was so huge.

Ben:*I’m sorry, but you won’t see anything…*
The pink Silvia arrived at the highspeed zone. He took the first chicane at his normal pace but his tires started sliding.
Ben:*Damn, I warmed them too much, I’ll have to go at 75% of my capacities here.”
Even if he wasn’t going hard, he was at about 90 mph in a line of successive chicane, which was pretty good for that track. There was a 90 corner to the left after those 5 chicanes. He took it while drifting, but slower than his normal pace. He did want to finish the battle, and he already used his tires a lot to do his smokestorm technique that long…
The 90° corner led to a right hairpin. He decided to grip that one. Anyway, there was another series of highspeed chicanes, and he could use his full power once again. But again, his tires did slide and he again had to reduce the pace. The torque of the supercharged V8 was really too much for that car and tires.

Ben:*I’ll need to lower the power after the battle…*
After the serie of chicane, there was a midspeed corner to the right leading to another hairpin to the right. Ben gripped the midspeed corner. However, just after it, he started to feel anxious, for no apparent reason. He felt somehow cold. Something was going on, but he didn’t know what.
The pink Silvia arrived at the hairpin. When he started cornering, a pair of headlights warped next to him.

Ben:*Haaah? THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!*
The Supra was twinning his drift. Suddenly, he went on the inside and put his front right tire on the raised slope near the wall. He passed Ben easily, while the Pink Silvia was understeering, due to his to warmed tires.

The Supra was about 10 meters away from the Silvia when they both reached the mid-speed chicane.

Ben: *After this chicane, there’s a U-turn to the left, I’ll pass you in it!*
Using his power, Ben got closed to the Supra during the corners, and he hold back during the little straights until the end of it, where he made his move…
He squashed the gas pedal, while Zen was taking the inside. This made the Silvia’s rear tires start to spin, and Ben eventually started twinning with Zen. However, because it had more grip, the black Supra was slowly pulling away from Ben. The Supra was in the middle of the road, while Ben was slightly inside.

Ben: * I’ll accelerate even more so that my oversteering will make me take a shorter line*
He roared the V8 till the redline.
Zen: * Is he crazy??? He’s finished if he does that!*
The Silvia started oversteering more than what its steering lock could compensate. Ben had no choice but to keep the gas pedal at 90% of its maximum range, so that the created understeer will prevent him from spinning.
Zen: *Gosh, I need to pull away NOW, because he’ll kill us both… His tires are…*
He couldn’t finish his phrase… The smoky cloud surrounding Ben’s rear tires got even more compact. Suddenly, a huge explosion noise arrived: Ben had popped his two rear tires. Sliding on his rims’ metal made him spin, and because Zen knew that the tires were finished, he could dodge Ben, who spun twice before hitting the barrier on the parking area.

Zen slowed down, shifted to reverse and parked next to the car.
Zen: “Hey are you alright?”
Ben: “It’s okay thanks… it could have been worse, the damage on the car is essentially on the body, and no mechanical part seems to be touched… except the tires of course…”
Zen: “Jump in, I’ll give you a ride back to Gunma, we’ll get somebody to move the car tomorrow”.

Zen was driving slowly to get Ben back. He was shocked by the accident, and hz didn’t want to stress him any much while racing without a goal.
Zen: “Hopefully there weren’t watchers… your reputation would have been bad otherwise. But I have to admit that you managed to prevent the car from falling down the valley when driving on the rims, which is quite impressive!”
Ben: “Yeah, I didn’t think that my tires would pop anyway… but I was so surprised you caught up and passed me that I couldn’t think about preserving them anymore… By the way, if I can ask you… how have you managed to keep up? I’ve laid quite a bunch of smoke back there…”
Zen: “Well, I couldn’t see anything indeed… So I switched my headlights off so that the reflection on the smoke was minimized. Then, I saw the smoke followed your line… I mean, the smoke was everywhere, but it was more concentrated in the out-in-out line you took, so I just had to follow that… And I was too scared to fall back that I hadn’t the time nor the use to put the headlights back (because I know the track and that I could see your headlights), except of when I was close enough of you to launch an attack and to surprise you.”
Ben: “You got some guts to drive without headlights up there… I guess you’re a good match to me. Perhaps together we could achieve great things…”
Zen: “What do you mean?”
Ben: “I mean that we could team up and become the fastest non-Japanese drivers in here…”
Zen: “Why not, I stay 3 months more, so it could be fun…”
Ben: “I think I’ve got a name… R.E.R. … Razor’s Edge Racers…”
Zen: “This sounds okay, even if I don’t care about a name… But you’ll need a car… Do you plan on repairing the Silvia, or buying a new one? I think it is overpowered for tracks like this.”
Ben: “Don’t worry, don’t worry… You’ll see what I will do! And when we have won a lot of matches against local drivers, we will together have a final rematch before you leave…”

And the Supra vanished into the dark, letting Akagi in an incredibly quiet mood. (End of fanfic).

2 Pages  1 2