Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing SylverR - Night Trip

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,819  ·  Replies: 29 
> herp derp
Keisuke42
  Posted: Apr 1 2013, 07:30 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,394

So, I noticed a few other people posted herp derp multiple times in a row and were warned for it. Thought it was strange, but ok. I went to share a sendspace link in another thread, and it said that I posted the same gibberish. Anyone know what is going on?
DigiBunny
Posted: Apr 1 2013, 11:36 PM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

April fool's just passed.

I mean last year, I think everyone was made a mod or something, so this might be IDW's annual prank.
Seri
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 02:57 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 3 hours, 21 minutes ago)
April fool's just passed.

I mean last year, I think everyone was made a mod or something, so this might be IDW's annual prank.

Weren't we sold to Tokyopop last year? This is just what I've heard. I wasn't here.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 08:03 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (KyoukoFD3S @ 5 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Weren't we sold to Tokyopop last year? This is just what I've heard. I wasn't here.

That was 2007, IIRC.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Shirogane
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 08:20 AM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 16 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
That was 2007, IIRC.

Not to mention the mass ban in, what, 2008? Good times. laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by Ken Nōgami on Apr 2 2013, 08:20 AM
Rudy
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 11:56 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 12:45 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Well some people just legit spammed random threads with the herp derp crap. While I'm not the one who cleaned them up, I'm sure someone on the team put those posts away. Meanwhile, all posts with actual content were reverted to their regular texts.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Rudy
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 12:49 PM

Unregistered

Agent556
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 01:29 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

i noticed when you quote anyone's post, it shows their real post in the quoted message box when youre writing your own post. that helped trying to figure out what people were talking about yesterday haha
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 01:31 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 41 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
That doesn't make sense, how the heck were the posts changed back? Everything got translated into herp derp speak yesterday!

It was just a word filter. I removed the posts where you simply typed "herp derp" a million times. The reason for that being that because that was the actual post content, it stayed that way even after the filter was lifted. So it was really annoying spam.
Rudy
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 03:25 PM

Unregistered

kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 03:33 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 7 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
If it was filtered, then it wouldn't have been transformed back. dry.gif I went along with it because I knew that no matter what I typed, it would be changed into herp derp and be stuck that way as a reminder of April Fool's and there was nothing I could do about it; therefore, I rolled with the punch and decided to have some fun with it. That's not spam at all.

I'd rather not argue with you about this anymore. It's not our problem that you didn't understand how the joke worked. The reason you did what you did is valid for consideration when your warn status comes up for review. That's all you needed to give us.
Rudy
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 05:07 PM

Unregistered

Lupin_III
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 09:26 PM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Member No.: 40,907

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 7 hours, 55 minutes ago)
It was just a word filter. I removed the posts where you simply typed "herp derp" a million times. The reason for that being that because that was the actual post content, it stayed that way even after the filter was lifted. So it was really annoying spam.

How did you guys restore my avatar back to Lupin? That's what I would like to know. derp.gif
Vortrex
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 12:18 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

@dorifuta:
I hope you now that perry did all of this, just for a bit fun.
And also, before the herp derp started perry knew everything was going to be reset just like normal after herpiderpie.

So no worries, when i saw all those derps, i knew it was going to be normal after all this happends so i didn't bother. tongue.gif
Spaz
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 08:35 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Lupin_III @ Today, 12:26 AM)
How did you guys restore my avatar back to Lupin? That's what I would like to know. derp.gif

You think your profile exists as it does because you want it that way? Nah, it's only because I haven't gotten bored enough to change everything. wink2.gif

JK. But seriously, I'm not sure who changed it, but we are fully capable of editing every aspect of your profile.
Shirogane
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ Yesterday, 6:07 PM)
I personally find this whole predicament very hard to swallow;

Firstly, I had no idea how this actually worked.

Second, there was no malice in my intent whatsoever.

And finally... maybe I wasn't clear on this, but I am remorseful given I didn't understand the nature of the joke at all. I do sincerely apologize for not being perceptive to this whole lack of code thing, or whatever the hell it is anymore. I'm sorry. I mean it.

-

So why do you insist on continuing to punish me and hold my own natural lack of judgement against me?

I feel like I'm in school again, getting singled out for something I didn't do on purpose just because I didn't see things the way everyone else saw things; i.e. the nature of my condition, and it's making me very uncomfortable.

I'm not even sure I want to be here if that's how the rules are going to be interpreted, especially on a day like April 1st, a day engineered for rules to be broken although personally I try not to push limits. I don't mean leaving just so my warning can disappear, I mean because honestly I feel like my presence isn't even welcome here right now.

All this was meant to be a joke, nothing more. And I thoroughly enjoyed it, until I realized it wasn't a joke. Now I just feel hated. :/

Regardless, you just went and did it, knowing full well that it was Perry's idea of April 1. So just face your punishment properly. whistling.gif Also, no, April 1st still means rules shouldn't be broken. Why do you think you don't see much activity on these days? laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by Ken Nōgami on Apr 3 2013, 08:49 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 09:13 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ken Nōgami @ 24 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Also, no, April 1st still means rules shouldn't be broken.
Shirogane
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 09:15 AM

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 minute, 30 seconds ago)
Ain't that the truth.

Oh, Florida. You and your quirky news stories.
Spaz
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 09:20 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ Yesterday, 8:07 PM)
I personally find this whole predicament very hard to swallow;

Firstly, I had no idea how this actually worked.

Second, there was no malice in my intent whatsoever.

And finally... maybe I wasn't clear on this, but I am remorseful given I didn't understand the nature of the joke at all. I do sincerely apologize for not being perceptive to this whole lack of code thing, or whatever the hell it is anymore. I'm sorry. I mean it.

-

So why do you insist on continuing to punish me and hold my own natural lack of judgement against me?

I feel like I'm in school again, getting singled out for something I didn't do on purpose just because I didn't see things the way everyone else saw things; i.e. the nature of my condition, and it's making me very uncomfortable.

I'm not even sure I want to be here if that's how the rules are going to be interpreted, especially on a day like April 1st, a day engineered for rules to be broken although personally I try not to push limits. I don't mean leaving just so my warning can disappear, I mean because honestly I feel like my presence isn't even welcome here right now.

All this was meant to be a joke, nothing more. And I thoroughly enjoyed it, until I realized it wasn't a joke. Now I just feel hated. :/

A lack of judgement is a warnable offense, in all honesty.

If I were to tell Tessou, for example, to
SPOILER
that would be a pretty poor judgement call and would probably get me warned.

See what I mean? The way you act and handle yourself is completely your responsibility, and if you fuck up the only person who can take responsibility for it is you. Simple as that.

You're not hated, you just went out of your way to spam the board. The warn is simply a standard staff response to said behavior. We don't make exceptions one way or the other.

And on the flip side, we could always not warn for ANYTHING. We could spend all of our time on here cleaning up after flamewars and offensive posts and spam and not warn or reprimand anybody... But that's not an effective use of time or resources. We warn people for doing things that they shouldn't be doing so they know not to do them again... Well, at least for 30 days.

And speaking of, why is it such a big deal? Are you planning on causing more trouble in the next 30 days where this warn is going to risk your banishment? If not, then what does it matter? It's not like this is your first warn or anything, nor is it like you've got a short list that you'd rather keep short. In the end, the more you say now, the less likely you'll be to get votes to lower that percentage down the road, so I suggest you listen to what I've said in other threads about how we're done talking about this.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 10:52 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Lupin_III @ Today, 1:26 AM)

Here's how we did it.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ )
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Rudy
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 05:33 PM

Unregistered

Lupin_III
Posted: Apr 4 2013, 01:32 AM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Member No.: 40,907

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 10:52 AM)
Here's how we did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ

My response.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WERa1Mc5CE )
Tessou
Posted: Apr 4 2013, 04:35 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ Yesterday, 9:33 PM)
And yeah, my list is rather short, if you break it down by year. I probably average 0.8 w/yr. Hell, I went the first 3 years without anything, I consider that a pretty clean record, all things considered.

You're actually in the top ten when it comes to number of warns on record.

Tied for tenth, actually, but you're up there. Most of the others ranking up there are no longer actively posting here.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 4 2013, 06:48 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 13 minutes ago)
You're actually in the top ten when it comes to number of warns on record.

Tied for tenth, actually, but you're up there. Most of the others ranking up there are no longer actively posting here.

user posted image

It hath been broughten.

2 Pages  1 2