Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire (New Generation Remix)

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,741  ·  Replies: 28 
> Oriental Space Discography, FLAC
skibblesx
    Posted: Oct 28 2014, 08:16 PM

Frog Lord

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 43,002

Ill eventually get the tribute album but most likely not anytime soon bc its expensive

user posted image
dead

user posted image
dead

user posted image
dead

user posted image
dead

user posted image
dead

This post has been edited by skibblesx on Jun 9 2015, 03:41 PM
Rai_Seiyuu
Posted: Nov 16 2014, 03:38 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,626

Platinum is dead link and Best Oriental Space is Platinum link ^^U
Anyway, thanks for the uploads.
skibblesx
  Posted: Nov 16 2014, 05:33 PM

Frog Lord

oh woops ill fix that smile.gif
Batmanolo
Posted: Jan 11 2015, 09:22 AM

Beto Wayne 🦇

Member No.: 33,352

Thank you awesome.gif only had Greed Island & Alexandrite...
After tokyo rave, grabbing Platinum & Coconuts http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/XAQshinor/COCONUT.jpg

Much appreciated derp.gif
Kadano
Posted: Feb 17 2015, 11:20 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 45,249

Hello, I just want to say that I have the Platinum CD and can upload in FLAC (or any other requested format) on mediafire or .torrent. Because I’m new here, I can’t check the download link, so I’m not sure if it still works. In any case, I’m subscribing to this topic, so if in the future anyone should request a Platinum re-up, I will deliver.
skibblesx
  Posted: Feb 17 2015, 04:19 PM

Frog Lord

I keep them updated consistently no worries tongue.gif
Janouken
Posted: Feb 18 2015, 08:26 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,686

Cuática la musica, me gusta.
Kadano
Posted: Oct 27 2015, 02:39 AM

IDW Member

Since all download links in the OP seem to be dead, here’s what I have (Oriental Space – Platinum), in FLAC: mediafire.com/folder/12ii12u0m629b/Oriental_Space_–_Platinum

This post has been edited by Kadano on Oct 27 2015, 03:01 AM
skibblesx
  Posted: Oct 27 2015, 01:34 PM

Frog Lord

QUOTE (Kadano @ Today, 2:39 AM)
Since all download links in the OP seem to be dead, here’s what I have (Oriental Space – Platinum), in FLAC: mediafire.com/folder/12ii12u0m629b/Oriental_Space_–_Platinum

if you got the tribute album with flac/log/cue ill give you the rest
Kadano
Posted: Oct 27 2015, 02:27 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (skibblesx @ 53 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
if you got the tribute album with flac/log/cue ill give you the rest

Which one of these two? Or both?

discogs.com/Oriental-Space-Tribute-Album-Scorpion-01/release/2778330

discogs.com/Oriental-Space-Tribute-Album-Scorpion-02/release/6590731
skibblesx
  Posted: Oct 27 2015, 03:07 PM

Frog Lord

QUOTE (Kadano @ 40 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
Which one of these two? Or both?

discogs.com/Oriental-Space-Tribute-Album-Scorpion-01/release/2778330

discogs.com/Oriental-Space-Tribute-Album-Scorpion-02/release/6590731

those are the vinyl, i have those, looking for the mixed album

http://www.farm-records.com/oriental-space...rpion%EF%BD%9E/
Kadano
Posted: Dec 3 2015, 05:05 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (skibblesx @ Oct 27 2015, 03:07 PM)
those are the vinyl, i have those, looking for the mixed album

http://www.farm-records.com/oriental-space...rpion%EF%BD%9E/

I ordered the tribute album 2-CD set. Should arrive within a week or so, will rip and up it when I get it.

Are you fine with FLAC or do you prefer some other format?

Just wanted to let you know so that you don’t force yourself to buy it unnecessarily.

This post has been edited by Kadano on Dec 3 2015, 05:06 PM
skibblesx
  Posted: Dec 4 2015, 10:59 AM

Frog Lord

QUOTE (Kadano @ Yesterday, 5:05 PM)
I ordered the tribute album 2-CD set. Should arrive within a week or so, will rip and up it when I get it.

Are you fine with FLAC or do you prefer some other format?

Just wanted to let you know so that you don’t force yourself to buy it unnecessarily.

flac/tracks/log/cue is my preference smile.gif I'll send you all my rips once i get yours!
Kadano
Posted: Dec 28 2015, 04:42 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (skibblesx @ Dec 4 2015, 10:59 AM)
flac/tracks/log/cue is my preference smile.gif I'll send you all my rips once i get yours!

CD set arrived. I usually rip to just the separate tracks (01 [title].flac, 02 [title].flac etc.), if I understand correctly you prefer one big flac file with the cue sheet for separation? If so, can you recommend me a program that will rip it just how you like it?
Lebon14
Posted: Dec 28 2015, 05:29 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (Kadano @ 47 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
CD set arrived. I usually rip to just the separate tracks (01 [title].flac, 02 [title].flac etc.), if I understand correctly you prefer one big flac file with the cue sheet for separation? If so, can you recommend me a program that will rip it just how you like it?

You misunderstood. He likes it just like you: separate tracks.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
skibblesx
  Posted: Dec 28 2015, 08:49 PM

Frog Lord

QUOTE (Kadano @ 4 hours, 7 minutes ago)

split tracks is preffered but with a cue sheet anyways smile.gif

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/inde...showtopic=30615

i think this is a good post to follow for a proper rip, but lebon would know otherwise
Lebon14
Posted: Dec 28 2015, 11:04 PM

🎧

There are slight issues with the link above. Here's the tutorial I did on imgur:
http://imgur.com/a/npnod

For accuraterip, you NEED to insert a popular CD and a window will popup and ask to configure. Otherwise, even if you manually configure it correctly, AccurateRip won't be used.

I even go on how to rip appropriately and all the step that has to be taken.
Kadano
Posted: Dec 29 2015, 04:31 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (skibblesx @ 5 hours, 23 minutes ago)
split tracks is preffered but with a cue sheet anyways smile.gif

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/inde...showtopic=30615

i think this is a good post to follow for a proper rip, but lebon would know otherwise

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 3 hours, 8 minutes ago)
There are slight issues with the link above. Here's the tutorial I did on imgur:
http://imgur.com/a/npnod

For accuraterip, you NEED to insert a popular CD and a window will popup and ask to configure. Otherwise, even if you manually configure it correctly, AccurateRip won't be used.

I even go on how to rip appropriately and all the step that has to be taken.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any popular discs on the list of AccurateRip. I will borrow one when I get the chance and configure AccurateRip then so I can do another rip with cue sheets and logs.

For now, here are the tagged FLAC rips I did for myself: http://www.zshare.net/download/czfg45r4...Scorpion%7E.zip

Edit: Hmm, how do I get EAC to output a CUE sheet when outputting as compressed FLAC? I only got a .cue when I saved the .wav stream.

This post has been edited by Kadano on Dec 29 2015, 07:59 AM
Lebon14
Posted: Dec 29 2015, 01:21 PM

🎧

QUOTE (Kadano @ 8 hours, 50 minutes ago)
Edit: Hmm, how do I get EAC to output a CUE sheet when outputting as compressed FLAC? I only got a .cue when I saved the .wav stream.

1. Put your CD in
2. Action -> Detect Gaps
3. Action -> Create CUE Sheet -> Multiple WAV Files With Gaps (Noncompliant)

Yes, it will write a CUE Sheet with .wav extensions. However, a .cue file is just a text file. Open it in Notepad++ or just Notepad and "Find and replace" all .wav and replace to .flac. Simple as that.
Kadano
Posted: Jan 1 2016, 10:57 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ Dec 29 2015, 01:21 PM)
1. Put your CD in
2. Action -> Detect Gaps
3. Action -> Create CUE Sheet ->  Multiple WAV Files With Gaps (Noncompliant)

Yes, it will write a CUE Sheet with .wav extensions. However, a .cue file is just a text file. Open it in Notepad++ or just Notepad and "Find and replace" all .wav and replace to .flac. Simple as that.

Thank you for the instructions, Lebon. Unfortunately my EAC version (newest) does not have the “Detect Gaps” action available. But it seems that skibbles was happy with the FLAC files I upped already, and I’ll probably be sending the physical CD to him so he can rip it in the way he prefers.

On a different note, do any of you have some information about Oriental Space? I discovered him when I found his Ghibli remixes in a Studio Ghibli music collection torrent, and then learned that he apparently died in about 2010 from a discussion in some forum (which was easy to find when we still had the Google Discussions filter, nowadays I haven’t been able to recover the link).
To be honest, I don’t even know how Oriental Space is related to Initial D. I’m only here because of his music, I know hardly anything about Initial D. I suppose that some of his tracks might have been used in the anime at some point?

With the Tribute album, I was a bit disappointed because the “non-stop side” A is mostly shorter versions of his songs that lead into each other or are meshed up, while the remix side B has remixes that are mostly inferior to the original versions or earlier mixes (to me, at least).

Now that I can listen to all his songs (thank you skibblesx! biggrin.gif) I want to list my favorite songs from him. I don’t think anyone cares, but whatever.

Laputa (Escape Mix)” [7:52] from Greed Island album:
I prefer this version over the Oriental Space mix at the end of the album a lot, but I have another version from the said torrent that doesn’t have the long boring intro and a better outro, so I prefer that one. (I uploaded it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhofaTmEJ8g)

Greed Island (Critical System Mix)” [6:27] from Greed Island album:
I like this song very much. It’s easy to ride along with the melody mentally, very uplifting. Only the outro from 5:48 on I could do without.
By the way, from the name of this song, is this in some way based on the Hunter x Hunter OST maybe? Another song is called “Emperor Time”, both are things from Hunter x Hunter, but I can’t recognize any of the OST pieces in these.

Scorpion (Critical System Mix)” [4:21] from Platinum album:
When I got the Platinum CD, I always skipped the intro because I couldn’t stand the weird singing in the intro (“Oh-oh-oh-ohhohhh”). But from 1:24 on I can quite get into it. One of the better and most catchy songs imho.

Platinum (Industrial Mix)” [3:13] from Platinum album:
I also don’t like the singing in the intro much here (“hillaround-hillahillaround” etc., whatever that’s supposed to mean). But from 1:08, I like it.

Emperor Time (Concept Of Love Mix)” [4:14] from Platinum album:
Understand the concept of love … oh yeah. Great song. Very driving and high-power.

Love Somebody (La La La Mix)” [3:54] from Platinum album:
Continues the trend of having weird gibberish lyrics in the intro, which sound quite funny here. I can’t understand what the woman (?) is singing at all in the beginning.
Altogether, I enjoy this song quite much.

Magical Express (海の見える街) (Oriental Space Mix)” [5:37] from Alexandrite album:
I feel that this track is a bit hard to listen to, because the intro feels slightly tedious and requires me to be in a very specific mood to get into properly. But when I do, I enjoy the later parts very much, very trance-y.

A Sense Of Romance (Extended Mix)” [6:00] from Alexandrite album:
Enjoyable, easy to listen, decent to good melody. A bit more repetitive / boring than the quality of the melody justifies, but I like it still. (Also, I don’t understand the lyrics at all. Does he say “land is the zoo fucking long”? Wtf.)

Doppelganger (Original Mix)” [2:46] from Alexandrite album:
Great high-power intro. Doesn’t really lead into much, but the song isn’t overly long, so I enjoy it still.

Justice For All (Escape Mix)” [6:19] from Alexandrite album:
The first two minutes are completely uninteresting to me. But after those, it’s quite okay. One of the worse songs that make this favorites list though. I’d probably like it better if it was shorter.

Magical Express (海の見える街) (Escape Mix)” [5:27] from Alexandrite album:
Easier to listen to than the Oriental Space Mix, a bit more laid-back. A bit more shallow though; serves very good as an outro (being the last track in Alexandrite) imho.

Coconuts” [3:49] from Coconuts album:
It’s okay. Easy to listen to, but not as trance-y as many of the other songs.

Greed Island 16” [4:28] from Coconuts album:
Good song. Different version of the original that’s similarly good. Nice to have variation.

All of Time” [3:23] from Coconuts album:
Okay song, but too repetitive.

This post has been edited by Kadano on Jan 1 2016, 10:58 AM
Lebon14
Posted: Jan 1 2016, 11:24 AM

🎧

QUOTE (Kadano @ 26 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
Thank you for the instructions, Lebon. Unfortunately my EAC version (newest) does not have the “Detect Gaps” action available. But it seems that skibbles was happy with the FLAC files I upped already, and I’ll probably be sending the physical CD to him so he can rip it in the way he prefers.

Wait, what?! I don't know what version you are using but you should be using version 1.1 available for download on the main website. 1.0b2 minimum.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/...urces/download/
Kadano
Posted: Jan 1 2016, 12:39 PM

IDW Member

Here’s a screenshot of version and menu that shows I’m using 1.1. (I don’t have a CD in right now, so the options are grayed out, but they were the same when the CD was in.)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 872 x 711. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
skibblesx
  Posted: Jan 2 2016, 12:09 AM

Frog Lord

Yeah oriental space died in 2009/2010 from heart disease of some sorts.

But yeah disc 1 is a non-stop mix and disc 2 is like, extended, but still edited version.

I have the extended albums bought, so i have all of those songs in 320 (the highest quality available) in extended format tongue.gif

artists on these labels in the trance days back then were rarely ever released extended, if it was on Farm, Toshiba EMI, Victor, or early Quake/Exit, it was a gem to come by tongue.gif

ive been avidly collecting j-trance extends and vinyls for the past 2 years and let me tell u, its a struggle.
Kadano
Posted: Jan 2 2016, 02:45 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (skibblesx @ Today, 12:09 AM)
I have the extended albums bought, so i have all of those songs in 320 (the highest quality available) in extended format tongue.gif

artists on these labels in the trance days back then were rarely ever released extended, if it was on Farm, Toshiba EMI, Victor, or early Quake/Exit, it was a gem to come by tongue.gif

Thank you for the response!

Which are these extended albums that you are talking about? (Can you give me a link maybe?)

Also, are there any albums that have a similar quality to Oriental Space? The other Eurobeat and J-Trance I’ve listened to so far was not really my kind of music.

Lebon14
Posted: Jan 2 2016, 02:48 PM

🎧

QUOTE (Kadano @ Yesterday, 3:39 PM)
Here’s a screenshot of version and menu that shows I’m using 1.1. (I don’t have a CD in right now, so the options are grayed out, but they were the same when the CD was in.)

http://i.imgur.com/DK4x7is.png

OH OK. I understand what's happening right now! You are in BEGINNER MODE. You should not.

Go to EAC -> EAC Options -> Tools tab

The last option should be called "Activate Beginner mode, desactivate all advanced features". Your checkbox is checked. Uncheck that. Reconfigure if needed.

Then, you should be able to detect gaps and test them.

2 Pages  1 2