Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Driver's Delight

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 7,886  ·  Replies: 16 
> Suggestions for Racing Game, I own none.
cob44
  Posted: Aug 4 2016, 10:46 AM

IDW Super Cool Dude

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,187

After playing too much Burnout Paradise and GTAV, I've decided to expand my horizons.

So, I've been desperately searching in all the wrong places for a good racing game.

What are some of the best drift / car games out there (preferably one with an Initial D feel) in your opinions?
MzdaspD
Posted: Aug 4 2016, 06:28 PM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,047

Assetto corsa is coming out for console end of August. That's more of a sim type racing game tho.

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/POLPIl3SWt4?t=316 )

GoodOldGunman
Posted: Oct 11 2016, 06:31 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 42,633

Do NOT buy Assetto Corsa on consoles. It is a buggy POS. It is better if you buy it on PC.

Arcadey: Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 1 and 2 (PS2), Battle Gear 3(PS2), Battle Gear 4 (Ppl have hacked it to run on Windows PC's, check Youtube), Automodellista (PS2)

Simulation: PC racing sims like RFactor or Assetto Corsa. None of the games have touge courses in the stock game but you have to mod them. Assetto Corsa has Akina, Akagi, Myogi, Irohazaka, Shomaru, Transfagarasan and some others. Rfactor has most of the courses I mentioned earlier along with the Toyo Turnpike (the place where Ryosuke and Shinigami raced).

Simcade: Enthusia Professional Racing (PS2), D1 Professional Grand Prix (PS2), and Grid 1 (PC, PS3, X360)
norinorinori
Posted: Oct 13 2016, 07:51 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 46,425

Dirt 3 is good fun but there's never any incentive to drive clean in the races. Well worth $10 or whatever it costs on sale. Dirt Showdown is a skip from everything I've heard.

I want to get Dirt Rally and Grid Autosport soon. Forza Horizon 3 came out recently too.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 17 2016, 08:36 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Horizon 3 is awesome if you want decently accurate physics but don't necessarily care about realistic gameplay.

Also, trophy truck. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
norinorinori
Posted: Oct 18 2016, 11:36 AM

IDW Full Member

Assetto Corsa seems like one of those games you need a steering wheel to really enjoy... sort of like Flight Simulator.
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Oct 20 2016, 11:18 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

I highly recommend Assetto Corsa but yes it definetly needs a wheel. I also play F1 2016
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Oct 20 2016, 05:23 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 44,795

For Android/ iPhone, u can try car x drift racing or real drift. Car x let's u go drift or grip depending on urself, while real drift is more on drifting corners(cuz when I did try gripping, it just under steers :v)
For computers, Assetto Corsa, Rfactor or Live For Speed would be nice. Assetto Corsa is the best in graphics while Rfactor is not bad either. My computer couldn't even run at 60 fps on LFS, so I can't even play the other 2 tongue.gif. The drifting physics in Live For Speed is great, but there's just 7 tracks now and u can't mod the track(u can make layouts on the track though)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
norinorinori
Posted: Oct 20 2016, 06:57 PM

IDW Full Member

Started GRID Autosport. Feels different to GRID 2, but I'm not a fan of the sparse interface and I hate the judged points-based drift mode.

What does everyone think about The Crew? I haven't been able to get into the online part of it yet, my FPS is all over the place and the controls feel loose for me.
norinorinori
Posted: Nov 7 2016, 02:43 AM

IDW Full Member

Okay... The Crew kind of sucks. It's just a nothing, by the numbers sort of game. It presents itself as this gritty edgy cool thing through the Michael Bay cutscenes all over the place yet the gameplay is unsubstantial and feels like a grind. The collision physics are ridiculously unpolished and makes the takedown missions look like some crappy PS1 game.

You have to have a constant internet connection but I haven't had any interaction with other players at all.

If you change the controls the game actually becomes playable and taking corners actually becomes fun, but gets ruined by everything else, aside from the world design which is fun to explore for a bit.

2/5, and that's considering it was free.
norinorinori
Posted: Nov 10 2016, 05:56 PM

IDW Full Member

Dirt 3 complete is free today at the Humble store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-3-c...um=banner_cross
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 10 2016, 10:21 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (norinorinori @ 4 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Dirt 3 complete is free today at the Humble store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-3-c...um=banner_cross

Grabbed that shit immediately and I'm not even in the market for a rally game at the moment. Still need to build a rig, but into the backlog it goes.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
norinorinori
Posted: Nov 11 2016, 07:15 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 10:21 PM)
Grabbed that shit immediately and I'm not even in the market for a rally game at the moment. Still need to build a rig, but into the backlog it goes.

Still free for 14 more hours!
Spaz
Posted: Nov 13 2016, 08:22 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I got DiRT 3 free with a video card a few years back, when I built the rig that's now my personal fileserver. It's a good time.
Rain197
Posted: Nov 13 2016, 11:19 AM

euro☆neko

Member No.: 45,553

The Fast and the Furious on PS2/PSP
Free roam is Shuto Expressway with battles like Wangan Midnight and races are on the Shuto Expressway and on the touge

Shitty handling but this game is really good happy.gif
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Dec 5 2016, 10:36 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

https://youtu.be/A8m98zEM_qo

Assetto Corsa is still my go to when I want to have some fun.
norinorinori
Posted: Dec 22 2016, 10:26 PM

IDW Full Member

GRID 1 is free for a short time https://www.humblebundle.com/store/grid-free-game