Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Atheist on the Highway

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 7,976  ·  Replies: 11 
> Drift Rebels Gameplay Video, Finally, Drift Rebels is about to become a reality
Shiroboi
    Posted: Jul 22 2016, 05:12 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,962

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/RHV1UcAPX8w )

Hey guys, you may remember me from over a year ago. I wanted to make an Initial-D Fan game. Due to my company closing, I suddenly had some free time so I built it. Or at least a mobile version of it. This version is just part 1. Eventually I'd like to add more content to it. Even more eventually, I want to come out with a full game for PC called Drift Rebels: Japan that features competitive drifting and story mode. But for now, the mobile version is a light version to test the technology and build a fanbase. I plan to submit the game in August. I have some 2D artwork left to do.

Current Car Roster In-Game:
AE-86
Silvia S-13
FD
WRX
370Z
GT-R

Cars I own but haven't put in game:
NSX
R34

Cars I can obtain easily:
EVO X
Supra Mark IV

Drift Rebels Fanpage on Facebook
OkamiWind
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 09:55 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Oh man, I remember you! It's good to see this game finally leaving the drawing board and being put into reality...ish. It looks good, albeit a bit funky then again this is some beta footage I see. I am definitely gonna download this once it hits the market.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 10:08 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Yeah, the physics look a bit wonky, but it's a great start, especially for a one-man(?) project.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 12:13 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

This is so awesome to see! Keep up the great work!
Shiroboi
  Posted: Jul 22 2016, 04:57 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Yeah, it's great to be back.

A little about the physics. Once you go past a certain angle, the car starts a controlled drift. You can't oversteer. So the car is very controllable and you can plan out some nice drifts. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. If I had a complaint about the drifting, it would be that the entry angle isn't as extreme as some would like but it really depends on your entry speed. Despite simplified controls, the user really controls the drift. It's not a fake drift mode, you need to take entry speed and angle into consideration. It's a little tough but really rewarding when you stick a corner.

OkamiWind> The buttons and UI are all placeholder prototypes. Is that what you meant by funky or was it something else?

Any specific feedback is really welcome at this point. I'm mostly done with controls but doesn't mean I cant tweak things a bit. I'm headed to Bali for a week but leave some comments here and I'll check them.

This post has been edited by Shiroboi on Jul 22 2016, 04:58 PM
Nerubian
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 05:12 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,931

Do you have to pay for car licenses and will there be music tracks?
Shiroboi
  Posted: Jul 22 2016, 05:54 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 42 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
Do you have to pay for car licenses and will there be music tracks?

Car licenses, no. I'm going to avoid infringing on any trademarks. I'm certainly not using any car logos or names. I'll refer to each car selection by driver name.

Music Tracks,

Yes! So far I have 3 Eurobeat tracks by independent artists. I may add more but for right now, I'll just rotate between the 3 tracks. It's about 10 minutes of original Eurobeat music.

Eklipsed
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 06:15 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 6,082

Will this be on Android? And also will this have controller support?
Shiroboi
  Posted: Jul 22 2016, 06:26 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Eklipsed @ 11 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
Will this be on Android? And also will this have controller support?

Yes, We will build for Android. It's possible that older devices might not run it but we've been optimizing for mobile since the get go.

Most likely we won't have controller support but there will be digital on-screen controls as well as tilt controls. The demo is me playing with WASD keys on the keyboard so that's representative of digital control (Left, Right, Gas, Brake)
OkamiWind
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 10:38 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

QUOTE (Shiroboi @ 5 hours, 41 minutes ago)
OkamiWind> The buttons and UI are all placeholder prototypes. Is that what you meant by funky or was it something else?

Basically what Kyon said, the physics look kinda funky for some reason. It's not...hm how should I put it...smooth? Too blocky? I dunno, but the physics o the game look weird. Personal taste if nothing else.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Jul 23 2016, 12:30 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (OkamiWind @ 1 hour, 52 minutes ago)
Basically what Kyon said, the physics look kinda funky for some reason. It's not...hm how should I put it...smooth? Too blocky? I dunno, but the physics o the game look weird. Personal taste if nothing else.

once the car is going relatively straight it snaps into grip control. I think the transition between grip and drift is causing the jerkiness that you're describing. The control in both modes is good but maybe not a smooth transition between the two. not sure how to fix that.

Also, I was using digital controls for this demo. We have tilt control. I'm thinking it may be smoother in analog tilt mode. I'll test that out today.
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Nov 17 2016, 07:20 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 44,795

So... Is it out yet? tongue.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]