Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Kasanova - Love Shining

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,694  ·  Replies: 42 
> [PS4/XBONE] Final Fantasy XV, Release Date 9/30/16
Seri
  Posted: Mar 30 2016, 11:26 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/final-fantasy-x...es-september-30

10 years later, we finally have a release date.

I'm excited. Still after all this time, somehow.

This post has been edited by Seri on Mar 30 2016, 01:22 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
RalliKai
Posted: Mar 30 2016, 12:19 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

Still lukewarm to what I've seen of XV. I want to be excited but still very skeptical with where the series has gone since FFX.

9/9/99. Still the most excited I ever was for a Final Fantasy game. cool.gif

APX
Posted: Mar 30 2016, 12:49 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Ehhh... haven't been interested in a FF game since... 9? Even then I wasn't really in to it. 8 seemed to be the great ff game for me.

But we'll see.
Seri
  Posted: Mar 30 2016, 01:37 PM

Group Icon

So we're all in agreement that 8 is the best?

/thread
Sensation!
Posted: Mar 30 2016, 01:41 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 805 x 808. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I'm playing it for her.
Seri
  Posted: Mar 30 2016, 01:51 PM

Group Icon

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I'm playing it for her.

...Oh wait.
RalliKai
Posted: Mar 30 2016, 04:12 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Seri @ 2 hours, 35 minutes ago)

/thread

8 is memorable but I think the best overall is still 7 with 6 right behind it.
Seri
  Posted: Mar 30 2016, 09:21 PM

Group Icon

Tessou
Posted: Mar 31 2016, 10:17 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Yesterday, 8:12 PM)
8 is memorable but I think the best overall is still 7 with 6 right behind it.

7 had a terrible story, 6 was the greatest of all time, and 8 would have been perfect if the leveling system wasn't broken.

7 came in at a good time on a system that needed a killer app. The anime market was booming and so the storyline and character archetypes fit right in with adolescent gamers' bucket lists. At least the soundtrack was amazing.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
RalliKai
Posted: Mar 31 2016, 04:07 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 50 minutes ago)
7 had a terrible story, 6 was the greatest of all time, and 8 would have been perfect if the leveling system wasn't broken.

7 came in at a good time on a system that needed a killer app. The anime market was booming and so the storyline and character archetypes fit right in with adolescent gamers' bucket lists. At least the soundtrack was amazing.

I didn't see 7 having a terrible story but the fandom propped it up much higher than it really deserved. Xenogears was incomplete and had a much better overall story (Ironically, it was originally supposed to be FF7). The world, music and gameplay are what made 7 great to me. FF6s story is still the best in the series.

8 had alot elements that bugged me from making money, to leveling, and the junction system. The story went to the moon (almost literally) after disk 2 and came back to ground at the end.

From what I've watched of XV, all I've made out of it so far have been 4 bro's rolling around GTA style on Isla Nublar, killing random things. They switch to the adult characters who come off as far more interesting but then quickly switch back to the J-pop bro team.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Mar 31 2016, 04:08 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 1 2016, 09:06 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Yesterday, 8:07 PM)
I didn't see 7 having a terrible story but the fandom propped it up much higher than it really deserved. Xenogears was incomplete and had a much better overall story (Ironically, it was originally supposed to be FF7). The world, music and gameplay are what made 7 great to me. FF6s story is still the best in the series.

8 had alot elements that bugged me from making money, to leveling, and the junction system. The story went to the moon (almost literally) after disk 2 and came back to ground at the end.

From what I've watched of XV, all I've made out of it so far have been 4 bro's rolling around GTA style on Isla Nublar, killing random things. They switch to the adult characters who come off as far more interesting but then quickly switch back to the J-pop bro team.

Err, that's the first time I heard Xenogears was supposed to be a Final Fantasy game, from what I remember at times Chrono Trigger was rumoured to be FF VII when they were planning FF VII for the SNES.

As for FF XV, I've got reservations about it, removing that heroine from the original FF Versus aside, alot of this merchandising stuff like including real-life brands in the game and launching all these extra things like a movie and 5-episode animated series is giving me some bad vibes and is making me think this game is going to turn out like FF XIII, which IMHO was a pretty terrible game.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 1 2016, 09:14 AM

Group Icon

Seems a lot like "corporate shill: the game". It's trying so hard to be, I guess, a postmodern RPG with a ton of bells and whistles, which to me spells out "confusing".
RalliKai
Posted: Apr 1 2016, 10:07 AM

IDW Goldmember

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVrnS26mnCA )

Seems a lot like "corporate shill: the game". It's trying so hard to be, I guess, a postmodern RPG with a ton of bells and whistles, which to me spells out "confusing".

After this trailer, I think you pretty much nailed it there.

Looking more forward to Persona 5 for my JRPG fix.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Apr 1 2016, 10:08 AM
APX
Posted: Apr 1 2016, 11:45 AM

Still love FF8, if they remade it, i'd play it again, still got my guidebook >_>
Tessou
Posted: Apr 1 2016, 12:34 PM

Group Icon

They sorta did for the Steam release. It's a better game.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Apr 1 2016, 07:10 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Oh my god, the combat system feels like hot garbage. It's like they tried to make a character-action game a la DMC/Bayo/etc, but don't quite understand what makes those systems work so well. It's clunky as shit, and unless it's overhauled or completely scrapped before the game actually comes out, I'm not that interested.

Ah well, there's always P5. laugh.gif
APX
Posted: Apr 1 2016, 08:52 PM

^ Another reason why I didn't really get into the newer FF games, from what I saw, it was just free roam fighting, no real turn base,etc.. something that I liked for my RPG games lol.

Kingdom Hearts gets a pass, that was good.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 08:31 AM

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Yesterday, 2:07 PM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVrnS26mnCA

After this trailer, I think you pretty much nailed it there.

Looking more forward to Persona 5 for my JRPG fix.

The trailer looks good, but I am so hesitant, I've yet to get a PS4 and this would be the game to get it for IMHO, I just hope that even if this turns out bad that they don't mess up the FF 7 remake.
Alastair
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 08:35 AM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

played the demo, visuals are pretty...that's it.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 10:39 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

QUOTE (Seri @ Mar 30 2016, 05:37 PM)

/thread

8 was kinda forgettable for me. I don't hate it for the reasons most people on the Internet hate it (Junction system.) I just didn't like the way the story went. But I do think the soundtrack is one of the best in the series.

I still haven't played an FF game that topped 9. It was just a great overall package. Characters and soundtrack were the best in the series, and the story was up there with Tactics, and 6. Not to mention all the little nods and references to all the FF games that came before it. I've been playing the new HD version on my phone, and god does it look it nice. Plus it has a speed increase option to get around the horrendously slow ATB bar.

But I am skeptical about 15. I think the world looks great, and I really like that they're using the classic FF monster designs, but that's about it.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Apr 2 2016, 10:40 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 11:12 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 33 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
8 was kinda forgettable for me. I don't hate it for the reasons most people on the Internet hate it (Junction system.) I just didn't like the way the story went. But I do think the soundtrack is one of the best in the series.

I still haven't played an FF game that topped 9. It was just a great overall package. Characters and soundtrack were the best in the series, and the story was up there with Tactics, and 6. Not to mention all the little nods and references to all the FF games that came before it. I've been playing the new HD version on my phone, and god does it look it nice. Plus it has a speed increase option to get around the horrendously slow ATB bar.

But I am skeptical about 15. I think the world looks great, and I really like that they're using the classic FF monster designs, but that's about it.

FF 9 was great, so great, so very great. I only beat for the first time a few months back. Music, visuals, characters, story; all of it, great. The only negative bit was the last boss, I don't think additional details are necessary.

FF 8 was good too, the junction system was super exploitable IMHO, it made it super easy to cheat the game (I think I had my characters all with like 7000-8000 hp early on) and reminded me of FF 2 (whose levelling system was focused on levelling up areas you used, so if you got hit a lot it would result in the character getting higher HP, the exploitable part was you could hit yourself and get that bonus along with a bonus for attack as well as far as I remember, it's been years since I beat FF 2). The music was okay and the game was fun (especially the final area, I still haven't beaten Omega Weapon), the only problems I ever had with it was the character development and story was kinda weak and later a little convoluted with...

SPOILER

To be honest the best part of FF 8 was Laguna, I wish they had made him the main character or heck, made his story the main story, I much rather would have seen his story rather than Squall's, he was far more interesting character and had the best theme song in the entire game.

As for FF 7, great all around game IMHO (hard to say which is my favourite: 6 which was the first FF I ever owned or 7) - interesting characters, a pretty good plot, good fighting system, magic system was a lot like FF VI in that you could make any character a summoner, white or black mage (in a sense), and of course it had a GREAT soundtrack. I like how it focused mainly on a single enemy throughout the game, much like FF VI did with Kefka, where other games had random villains appear late in the game. It wasn't really revolutionary, except with regards to the tech and being 3D, but rather evolutionary over the previous games in the franchise, heck it definitely wasn't the first game to kill off major characters (FF III, IV, V all say hello).

When I think about it, FF 7 - 9 almost seems like the twilight or the apex of great FF games from Square, IMO they've gone downhill for the most part ever since although there are games like Bravely Default (which admittedly I haven't played, but have heard great things about) or the upcoming PS4/hopefully Vita title "I am Setsuna" that seem to prove otherwise.

I guess my expectations for FF XV are low, in light of how terrible FF XIII was and how FF XII was so underwhelming after I had such high expectations since they had Yasumi Matsuno in charge in directing. This last bit actually reminds me that FF XII (had such great potential which IMO was ruined by a really lacklustre story and some questionable choices in characters) ended up changing directors midway like XV has, hopefully the change in director will result in a better game.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 2 2016, 11:24 AM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 11:32 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 19 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
FF 8 was good too, the junction system was super exploitable IMHO, it made it super easy to cheat the game (I think I had my characters all with like 7000-8000 hp early on) and reminded me of FF 2 (whose levelling system was focused on levelling up areas you used, so if you got hit a lot it would result in the character getting higher HP, the exploitable part was you could hit yourself and get that bonus along with a bonus for attack as well as far as I remember, it's been years since I beat FF 2). The music was okay and the game was fun (especially the final area, I still haven't beaten Omega Weapon), the only problems I ever had with it was the character development and story was kinda weak and later a little convoluted with...

SPOILER

To be honest the best part of FF 8 was Laguna, I wish they had made him the main character or heck, made his story the main story, I much rather would have seen his story rather than Squall's, heck he used a machine gun and had the best theme song in the entire game.

Your spoiler pretty much nailed how I felt about 8's story. I thought it was great up to disc 2, then it just went downhill during disc 3. I also enjoyed Laguna as a character. I remember always looking forward to the dream/flashback sequences. I've always like upbeat characters like him and Zidane. Also, probably why I prefer Zack over Cloud.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 2 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
Your spoiler pretty much nailed how I felt about 8's story. I thought it was great up to disc 2, then it just went downhill during disc 3. I also enjoyed Laguna as a character. I remember always looking forward to the dream/flashback sequences. I've always like upbeat characters like him and Zidane. Also, probably why I prefer Zack over Cloud.

I remember in the lead up to the release of FF VIII how they were promoting it has having two main characters, man how disappointing to find out how much of a half truth that was... QQ
APX
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 02:56 PM

8>9.

Simple as that. biggrin.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 1 2016, 11:25 AM

QUOTE (APX @ Apr 2 2016, 06:56 PM)
8>9.

Simple as that. biggrin.gif

I just started re-playing FF VIII after some time, it's addictive (played it for 2 hours straight), just wish, much like FF XII, that the story was better.

Just read some of the new details on FF XV, it has a freaking FLYING car!?

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jun 1 2016, 11:51 AM

2 Pages  1 2