Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing SylverR - Night Trip

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,540  ·  Replies: 14 
> GT5 Damage is here..., ok forza guys can stop saying it every second
biggamehit
  Posted: Apr 5 2008, 03:42 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,278

Finally PolyDigital got the info that they wanted from car manufactures for years. and they will include car damage that will actually alter the way the car runs just as reality and or just end your day all together

-----------------------

Courtesy of Gtplanet.net

Vehicular Damage Coming to GT5 Prologue
April 3rd, 2008

Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi has announced during an interview with CVG that a “major update” is in the works for GT5: Prologue, and is going to include the highly anticipated vehicular damage! Other updates will include enhanced online functionality and “community building features.” We have known for some time now that private races and in-game chat have been in the works, with a realistic release date sometime this summer. However, damage may be a bit further off in the fuall of this, as cited by IGN. Stay tuned for the full interview, released tomorrow, where Yamauchi is expected to comment on the possibility of developing a complete Formula 1 title in the future.

user posted image

Drift Dude
Posted: Apr 5 2008, 05:10 AM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

but then you must ask, how much damage will they apply, damage like nfs prostreet or nfs hot pursuit 2... well at least there'll be damage cool.gif
biggamehit
  Posted: Apr 5 2008, 05:33 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 8,278

its poly bro

as realistic as possible...

for example:

you bang your inside wheel on the back of another car coming too hot into a corner... in reality..... if you did that hard enough you could possibly damage upper and lower control arms, your wheel, or any other suspension related part

thats what im thinking.. im sure they are capable..... this was my argument all these years. people scream they want damage and they are happy to see a bumpers fly off.. to be real. i have hit K walls curbs etc in real life drifting... and my fenders don't fly off they just crumple a bit lol

personally.... i have great respect for Polydigitals production team..... All i want to see is tire tracks when you happen to brake traction
Drift Dude
Posted: Apr 5 2008, 07:43 AM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

I can just see it now:
GT5 player: OK i've just got my Zonda C12 fully tuned and i've nearly had to use all my credits but i'll be invinceble w00t2.gif .
~while racing~
Oh yeah numba 1 stuart2.gif ... what the? AH CRAP, i've crashed madrant.gif . oh well gues i'll just pay the repa... WHAT THE??!! 10 mil Credits? rant.gif . where's that gameshark... evilbrows.gif
BlackSubaru
Posted: Apr 13 2008, 02:17 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 27,007

Ehh, hope you don't have to pay for repairs, maybe allow us to use stock parts if there is a limit to damage before we have to buy a new one.

Like, for example, my exhuast system.

After a race it gets 3% damage.

When at 90% it is unuseable, but you can pay to repair it.
If it gets to 100% it gets removed from your car and if you don't have a backup part* then you must forfeit any more races if it's a series, otherwise you can't drive with the car.

*Could be either a different level of part or stock part. Perhaps, multiple of part?

That'll teach you punks using stage 4 Turbos on Eclipses, muahaha.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Apr 13 2008, 02:49 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

OMG, this is gonna be so cool. It's gonna be so epic when my 22B or Type R drift in through a turn, the bumper only millimeters away from the inside corner, and i accidentally mess up, causing the bumper to totally rip off, forcing my cars to finish the lap without a face!

biggrin.gif
xupux
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 07:18 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,279

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ Apr 13 2008, 02:49 PM)
OMG, this is gonna be so cool. It's gonna be so epic when my 22B or Type R drift in through a turn, the bumper only millimeters away from the inside corner, and i accidentally mess up, causing the bumper to totally rip off, forcing my cars to finish the lap without a face!

biggrin.gif

uhm haha thats exactly what he said he didn't like...basically
awdrifter
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 09:37 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

That's great news. But hopefully they'll either make the repairs free or have the repair marker system of NFS Prostreet. Maybe one repair marker for completing a race or something like that. Then it would still encourage people to drive sensibly, but without the frustration of needing to earn a few hundred grand just to repair a car like the Zonda.
dmhc69
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 09:41 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 5,199

i wouldnt be surprised if it ends up like the Forza system, where if you damage you car, you earn less money at the end of the race. going too far with simulation for damage (ie. paying for damage every time you make one dent) is just going to be frustrating.

This post has been edited by dmhc69 on Apr 15 2008, 09:42 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
am3pkcet
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 10:16 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

hopefully they'll do it the way it works in DiRT. IE, if you knick your front left side of the car on something pretty harsh, it knocks the car out of alignment on top of tearing off the front fender pannel.
awdrifter
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 01:21 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

DiRT's damage engine was great, it's somewhat realistic in Pro Am difficulty, but still forgiving when you hit something light.
AE86 Levin
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 10:11 AM

Heroes get remembered...Legends never die.

Member No.: 10,540

Aw, now i can't whore the walls during rally races. now i have to use real skill. dry.gif

lol.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 10:21 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Considering the raw processing potential of the cell chip, damage physics should be a cakewalk to run. Programming them, on the other hand...we'll see what they come up with. This is, after all, the first time they'll be doing it.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
RalliKai
Posted: Apr 19 2008, 01:07 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Seeing the kind of damage done in DiRT would definitely be nice. I hope repairs are at least free or you'd have to save up a lot more before entering events, especially rally stages.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Apr 19 2008, 01:08 PM
marco_gc8v
Posted: Sep 18 2009, 07:08 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,801

I saw at the 2010 trailer that there was an imrpeza rally car there that displayed gt5's damage modeling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLbSu72pzB0&feature=related