Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 11 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) PROJECT.D I

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 27,231  ·  Replies: 79 
> Pet Peeves While Driving, Things that make me want to punch pillow
Seri
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 07:16 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I'm saving that.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Kiroshino
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 10:34 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,203

I see most of this list every f'king day. Pisses me off.

Last night, a SUV driver in the left/passing lane wouldn't let me pass him (no one was in front of him). When he'd start falling behind the car that he was driving parallel with, I'd try to pass him on the right lane, but he'd speed up to keep parallel with the car. I managed to pass him when it became a three-lane road, but right before it became a single-lane, he cut everyone off using the shoulder and ran a red light. On the single-lane road, he started driving 30mph in a 45.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 10:59 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Epic rage bro! Had a '98 Mustang race up parallel to me last night on the way home from the movies and give me a "LET'S GO BRO!" look with his girlfriend in the passenger seat. When I politely declined by slowing for the right turn into KFC he gunned it and cut me off as closely as he could then kept on going down the road. Really showed me who was boss.

I was driving the family PT Cruiser at the time, with two passengers. derp.gif

WHICH REMINDS ME. I've got another one. This one super bugs me because of how often I end up driving up/down the state for long stretches of two-lane high-speed highway.

People who get mad because you passed them, speed up, cut you off, slow down, rinse and repeat. This is because when I'm going to be stuck on the 5 freeway for 6 hours...I'm using cruise control. I'm not being an asshole, I'm going the exact same speed now that I was several minutes ago when I passed you. If you slow down and I have to pull a maneuver to pass you and return to cruise, I'm gonna be mad because I already passed your slow ass earlier and now I'm wasting fuel. We're both gonna be here for several hours, why you gotta be a douche?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 04:41 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I'm just gonna re-state again how much I dislike cops...

Not all cops... just the ones on the road, particularly the ones that park their fat Harley two-wheelers behind a billboard and/or underneath a highway ramp, specifically to catch you in the act of going 10 mph over 60.

I get it that it's their job to be A-holes and collect a couple of thousand bucks worth of tickets quota every month for the old Jabba the Hutt looking Serg' back at the station, but... for RPD sakes man, go fscking do something productive like stuff your face with donuts~

Also, cops are like speed bumps... except historically speaking a lot more retarded. sly.gif

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Dec 9 2015, 05:21 PM
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 06:04 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i got a few of the peeves mentioned here already but i have one that really pisses me off. people (currently on the highway) who give the gas before the merging point even starts in an attempt to pass you as you're trying to merge onto the highway.

i can understand if both cars are parallel when the merging lane is open that one has to give way. hopefully slow down to let me enter. its a matter of relative speeds and respect to others. however if they havent even gotten to the area where it opens up for merging and try to pass. seriously, you havent even entered a lane merging zone and you cant even bother to slow down or change lanes to let me enter safely censored2.gif nuts.gif at that point i usually hold the horn for a few seconds to show them my approval for that stunt.

This post has been edited by 207 on Dec 9 2015, 06:05 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Dec 9 2015, 08:34 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I'm not really bothered by my passengers unless there is uncomfortable silence during the whole drive. I'm the type of person that enjoys a good conversation when I'm traveling with others.

Well I guess it bugs me when they find something funny on their phone and expect me to look at it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Dec 9 2015, 08:34 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 08:39 PM

ShiMACHaze

Ah, on passengers. If you're riding along and are the only one who knows where we're going, I expect your directions to be precise and correct. If they are not, I will get very cross with you as it is clear I'm wasting my time.

As to Xiao's cop comment, here in California speed traps are illegal. A cop cannot hide and nail someone. They're perfectly in their right to be in plain sight and nail someone though. This is because California ruled that speed traps were revenue generators instead of safety enforcers. The more you know.

r35gtr
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 09:03 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,063

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 28 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
I'm not really bothered by my passengers unless there is uncomfortable silence during the whole drive. I'm the type of person that enjoys a good conversation when I'm traveling with others.

Well I guess it bugs me when they find something funny on their phone and expect me to look at it.

I'd rather choose a good nagging than an uncomfortable silence
Sensation!
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 12:02 AM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 23 minutes ago)
Ah, on passengers. If you're riding along and are the only one who knows where we're going, I expect your directions to be precise and correct. If they are not, I will get very cross with you as it is clear I'm wasting my time.

"hey I think we gotta be on the 91"
"no man, 405"
"yeah dude it's the 405"
"we'll Fred 2 on 1 I vote 405 as well"

My directions are usually spot on, just that nobody believes me.. cool.gif

That said, i'm not a great driver in traffic, I'm even worse when people are talking to me. I cant do that. And yet oddly enough, if people are silent when im driving, I'll get upset..

Its a dangerous game I play.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Dec 10 2015, 12:05 AM
sushiyummy32
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 02:15 AM

DotA Kiwi

Member No.: 45,824

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 36 minutes ago)

As to Xiao's cop comment, here in California speed traps are illegal. A cop cannot hide and nail someone. They're perfectly in their right to be in plain sight and nail someone though. This is because California ruled that speed traps were revenue generators instead of safety enforcers. The more you know.

Idk if it is here but most of the time cops would be sitting in their holden lights on and all waiting for a guy to speed. Sometimes they will be pitch black on a side street creeping...
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Dec 10 2015, 04:51 AM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 4 hours, 49 minutes ago)
That said, i'm not a great driver in traffic, I'm even worse when people are talking to me. I cant do that. And yet oddly enough, if people are silent when im driving, I'll get upset..

Its a dangerous game I play.

So edgy.

I hate driving in traffic. It makes me sleepy for some reason. But I like watching cars weave in and out in a poor attempt to get somewhere faster.

Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 05:26 AM

ShiMACHaze

I hate driving in traffic only because the majority of my cars have been manual. I've only ever owned three automatics (out of 7 cars), and both my parents' cars are manuals as well. Only my siblings have automatics.

That being said... all my post-1970 cars have at least had cruise control, so at least long drives weren't a major pain. I've owned three 1970 cars though, and I've driven all three up and down the state before so take that as you will. laugh2.gif
xiao
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 06:29 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 hours, 49 minutes ago)

Woah, the more you know indeed! I have two buddies o' mine that are lawyers... I'm gonna invite 'em to some coffee, see if we can get anything remotely similar to eliminating speed-traps at least here in El Paso off the ground, because gosh darn it, right here it's like their pastime numero 2 to nail speeders on the freeway... pastime number one being speeding themselves~ >_<;
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 09:09 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Drivers in new Ford F150s and Dodge Rams that think they own the road and tailgate.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Dec 10 2015, 09:09 AM
The Sixth Element
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 08:54 PM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

Rich ppl in European cars, Rednecks (wannabe as well) in pick-up trucks, and ppl with anger issues are the worst on the road. Why aren't the police going after them instead of normal ppl that drive the road like a good driver.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 10:04 PM

ShiMACHaze

If you're a normal person on the road who is a good driver, the police won't pull you over. awesome.gif
xiao
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 11:03 PM

moon bunny

Unless you're a normal Japanese guy like xiao... man racial profiling at it's worst mang~ Just because I drive a black tinted Civic, with green neon underglows, live my life a Tokyo~drift at a time, say konichiwa every morning, pray to Kamisama, take of my shoes before walking in a room, have a last name that ends with Nakamura, eat short-grain rice with chopstix instead of burgers, watches Anime instead of movies, have a neko named Topgear, and bows to the 7-Eleven clerk after he sells me a pack of cigarettes... doesn't mean I'm a NINJA Bro!? I'm just a regular guy that enjoys playing Gran Turismo 2 in real life streets, takes every curve sideways (even when I'm walking), and knows how to build giant robots with nothing but tinfoil and a Gunpla marker... MAN, racial discrimination at it's worst!! I'm gonna go play some DDR down at La Jolla to vent all this profiling kakukakushikajika these dirty keisatsu give a samurai like me!! cool.gif
Kiroshino
Posted: Dec 14 2015, 06:50 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Dec 11 2015, 02:03 AM)
I drive a black tinted Civic, with green neon underglows, live my life a Tokyo~drift at a time

Civic owners get such a bad rep. dry.gif

I have a coworker with a Roush Mustang GT. Accidentally ran into him a couple days ago. Even though I was right behind him and waving, he was too occupied with pulling up next to V6 Mustang's and trying to start a five-second traffic light drag. Mustang's are so goddamn common that in the one minute of being behind him, he had "taken" over three V6 Mustang's, none of which showed any interest in participating in the shenanigans.

Can't complain too much though: with him ahead of me, traffic moved at a reasonable pace.
xiao
Posted: Dec 14 2015, 07:51 PM

moon bunny

Guess now's a bad time to mention my chick drives a Moostang, eh? XD

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1158. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

derp.gif

I'm actually trying to get her to buy an RX-8, but the grl's in love with this piece of antique roadshow~ XD

Drag racing!? confused2.gif My brain onry understands touge~drifting man!! awesome.gif
Kiroshino
Posted: Dec 14 2015, 08:15 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Not hating on the Mustang. I just don't like the interior of that generation.

Coming from a Mustang, she'd probably hate the RX8. From what I've read (from here, maybe), it requires a significantly different driving style.
xiao
Posted: Dec 14 2015, 08:23 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ 8 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
Not hating on the Mustang.  I just don't like the interior of that generation.

Coming from a Mustang, she'd probably hate the RX8.  From what I've read (from here, maybe), it requires a significantly different driving style.

That and the engine overheats like that anime character with the short-fuse... ermm... dang, I can't remember~ I can't berieve I call myself a wapaboo~!? derp.gif

Yeah, she doesn't want to cause it looks too station wagon'ish for her... thinks she's gonna turn into a soccer mom, and Mazda's the gateway drug... laugh.gif

Imma steal her credit card and buy her the new RX-7 tho... nwuhahahahaha~ ♪ shifty2.gif
Möbius
Posted: Dec 24 2015, 04:29 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Dec 11 2015, 06:04 AM)
If you're a normal person on the road who is a good driver, the police won't pull you over. awesome.gif

Haha, made my night! laugh2.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jul 25 2016, 03:31 PM

Patient Zero

Hm. I don't like it when people don't know how to merge onto the freeway.

I also don't like how it gets randomly slow around the areas where freeways merge or split. Only because those traffic jams usually have no right to exist. If you drive and pay attention to the signage, you should be able to quickly align yourself in the lane you need to be in and go on your merry way. None of this jerking yourself off in the car while you try to figure out which freeway to take garbage.
Sensation!
Posted: Jul 25 2016, 05:58 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 2 hours, 27 minutes ago)
None of this jerking yourself off in the car while you try to figure out which freeway to take garbage.

They know exactly which freeway to take. They just don't decide to be in the correct lane until the off ramp is 100 feet away.

A lot of LA traffic is caused by that and a lot of people do this.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jul 25 2016, 08:22 PM

Patient Zero

That's infuriating. I make sure to be in my lane about a mile ahead of my maneuver.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4