Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Ken Blast - When The Sun Goes Down

Important Rules
Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

14 Pages  « 12 13 14  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 11,367  ·  Replies: 330 
> Political Discussion, Election is over, post rare policies

Who shall be King?
MAGA [ 12 ]  [70.59%]
Hilldawg [ 3 ]  [17.65%]
Some third party bullshit [ 2 ]  [11.76%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 26 2017, 02:16 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

The thing about midterms is it's not about the President. It's not about who likes Trump--it's about the legislative branch. If they continue along the course they're going, there will be a lot of people not happy with them for telling them to fuck off.

A lot of those who are going to be disadvantaged by the plans the GOP majority has put forward are the very same people who voted for Trump because they got duped. So they can believe whatever they want about Trump, but all it takes is to see Congress betraying them and they might vote differently in the midterms.

We'll see, I guess. With any luck midterms will get Congress out of crazy-land and the remaining two years of Trump's presidency will go a little more smoothly.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Posted on May 26 2017, 08:18 PM

39-54-369

Member No.: 16,670

at best if the legislative branches becomes sane again then it will curtail the lunatic's ideas and hopefully he learns something on how to govern a country.

This post has been edited by 207 on May 26 2017, 08:26 PM
xiao
Posted on May 28 2017, 02:43 PM

moon★bunny
Group Icon

Group: TRAP CLUB
Member No.: 13,323

It was recently brought to my attention that xiao some of the members on IDW are still uninformed as to how the US Government works.

So being the efficient handy dandy Captain Obvious I am, I decided to give a nutshell explanation followed by a video presentation of the system we the people, call Checks and Balances:

・ The Executive Branch - They pass laws & direct the Judicial branch.
・ The Legislative Branch - They make laws & star in C-SPAN.
・ The Judicial Branch - They're the cops & judges that carry out the Laws.
・ Press Secretary - Sweats bullets when reporters ask him Questions (sometimes hides in the bushes) fear2.gif

The power is always in the People's hands; and now that we know how the US Government works. This is how a Law gets passed into existence! sweatingbullets.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag )

SPOILER

This post has been edited by xiao on May 28 2017, 02:58 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 28 2017, 06:55 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

I'm not sure what spurred that post to be generated (well, no, actually, I can guess), but I will point out that 'checks and balances' only really works if the branches are not colluding with one another and/or filled with a bunch of corrupt assholes.

Unfortunately, the present administration is basically exactly that. With luck, 2018 will correct that.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted on May 28 2017, 10:26 PM

moon★bunny
Group Icon

Group: TRAP CLUB
Member No.: 13,323

xiao's not as smart as we think... laugh.gif I was re-thinking my stance on politics today when I was defending my view on an Anarchist society while having a picnic with my little cousin in the mall's promenade.

When I finished throwing my mumbo jumbo at a smart little 13 y/o's face... she simply replied: "xiao do you know how Checks & Balances works?" ohmy.gif

It had been approximately 18 years since I took Government in High School so naturally I lied & said YES! Now excuse me while I go to the car & go charge my non-existing flight drone...

The remainder resulted in my post above, and letting go of my tightly clenched belief in Anarchy, in favour of a more idealist concept of democracy. Or at least a Monarchy, cause even an ideal Anarchist country has more holes than a slice of Swiss Cheese ~ nice but not realistically viable! laugh.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=JM0_0pfm2_c )

This post has been edited by xiao on May 28 2017, 11:06 PM
Posted on Jun 11 2017, 07:01 AM

39-54-369

Member No.: 16,670

do any of you remember hearing about the annoying orange show? i know people are calling trump orange as an insult or something to that affect. it just occurred to me to look up put the 2 together and got this vid from YT

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-yvVVye0ds )

in other news, he's still in deep shit but its likely more evidence that is needed to give him the boot. im not sure what his effect would be if he does have the cahones to testify and maybe tell the truth about it. its gonna be very adversarial testimony if he does testify. we'll see how this train wreck fares with the aftermath of the Comey testimony.

14 Pages  « 12 13 14