Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 11 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Taillight

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 22,668  ·  Replies: 65 
> Super Eurobeat 222, Official discussion thread.
coolneko
Posted: Mar 19 2013, 09:49 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,464

I got this evening. I can try to post a download link. I am enjoying wild boys and bad joy and let me tell u...not a ounce of cd space was wasted. Love all the tracks. Seb 4 u wild mix is so addicting. I love it love it!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
iheartmiho
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 05:56 AM

Love & Money

Member No.: 20,567

QUOTE (coolneko @ 8 hours, 7 minutes ago)
I got this evening. I can try to post a download link. I am enjoying wild boys and bad joy and let me tell u...not a ounce of cd space was wasted. Love all the tracks. Seb 4 u wild mix is so addicting. I love it love it!!

That would awesome if you could upload the album. I'm very ashamed to say that I cannot afford the album this time around because of such low paychecks (working in school district with spring break and full of snow days equals not a lot of money!).
Krabbs
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 09:28 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 27,397

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ Yesterday, 1:31 PM)
Here are the previews for SEB222. All 16 tracks have 1:30 long previews. I ripped them from iTunes.
http://www.zshare.net/?xgejbej6kh4ih4n

Enjoy...

Thanks for the previews smile.gif. I really, really love "Lucky, Lucky", "Into the moon" and "Boys do fall in love". It was really nice to hear Norma aswell!

Cheers
KiraTM
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 11:50 AM

NitroFire

Member No.: 36,911

Hm, according to the previews I'd say that the SEB222 will be one of the lower-level albums for me, I only liked one song (Last of Eurobeat). :/
But I'm sure I'll like more song when I get my copy.
N. Viexraf
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 12:09 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 31,809

Dance On The Top Of The Fire = NO. My ears still hurt.

There are many songs that I liked.. Some of them very surprising (Norma, Annalise, Mark) and the rest.. not so impressing.

-Wild Boys... UGH, so is that the original version,? just a pitched version of 221s release? So sad.

-I miss Clara's sweet voice. crying2.gif
coolneko
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 07:28 PM

IDW Expert Member

Okay I loved this album. Not a fan for sunfire or the irene song. After listening carefully to the songs, I replayed them 4 times. Okay... Irene's voice is so robotic and can't make out the lyrics. Boys do fall in love is definetly my fav in this. Alongside last of eurobeat, the annalise song, norma made me cry, and dima reminded me of the farm records days. Seb 4 u is a nice touch up for sped up and I did enjoy wild boys. Reborn my fire is so boring, irene song is hollow and souless, bad joy was just bad for me. The dave / futura was not my cup of tea and sunlight was okay. So...if u have money...and a fan...its a rent...but I bought it...so...yeah. I'll do my best to get it up. Its just my internet sucks out here. So yeah...average cd I would say.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Darkholme
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 03:13 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 38,228

I'm asking C1RZA whether I can upload my rip to his server like last time happy.gif
Alastair
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 10:53 AM

SNTS

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,312

^ care to upload it here first though?
Darkholme
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 11:01 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Bit too late for that, it should already be up
sergiogon
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 11:16 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,582

Thank you for sharing and C1RZA for hosting the server!
But where exactly in the server is the album? laugh2.gif
K1RZA
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 12:03 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 26,168

sergiogon
Enjoy and thanks for all Darkholme.
The album is here:
Eurobeat [flac]\SEB Lossless Collection
&
Eurobeat [mp3]\SEB Lossy Collection
eXtaticus
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 04:17 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,786

-redacted-

This post has been edited by eXtaticus on Dec 19 2017, 04:15 PM
Alastair
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 06:42 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

for some odd reason i cannot download the album from the FTP site thing, no way possible to upload this for people who don't wanna use a FTP
aineilicai
Posted: Mar 22 2013, 02:04 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,670

are up on iTunes Japan btw
eXtaticus
  Posted: Mar 22 2013, 10:16 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,786

-redacted-

This post has been edited by eXtaticus on Dec 19 2017, 04:15 PM
Lebon14
  Posted: Mar 22 2013, 11:28 AM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

The original version is the one as the bonus track. The one on SEB221 was an error. sleep.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
STJ
Posted: Mar 22 2013, 01:25 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 31,911

QUOTE (C1RZA @ Yesterday, 12:03 PM)
sergiogon
Enjoy and thanks for all Darkholme.
The album is here:
Eurobeat [flac]\SEB Lossless Collection
&
Eurobeat [mp3]\SEB Lossy Collection

I have no idea how to download that or where the server is!
Lebon14
  Posted: Mar 22 2013, 01:35 PM

🎧

To get on the FTP, refer to this thread's first post!
http://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=42331
Darkholme
Posted: Mar 22 2013, 01:37 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Follow the instructions here: http://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=42331

I'll try to help if you need it happy.gif

EDIT: Lebon beat me to it derp.gif

This post has been edited by Darkholme on Mar 22 2013, 01:37 PM
Todeshornisse
Posted: Mar 23 2013, 06:07 AM

Franconian Browncoat

Member No.: 11,698

After the first time through I would say its a good SEB album. Better than most of the last 10. But not as good as 221.
andyeuro
Posted: Mar 23 2013, 02:38 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 32,818

Anybody got the cover scans for this yet ? thanks for the album upload C1RZA anybody got the cover scans yet...
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Shintaro
Posted: Mar 23 2013, 07:37 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 31,828

QUOTE (andyeuro @ 4 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Anybody got the cover scans for this yet ?  thanks for the album upload C1RZA anybody got the cover scans yet...

Scans - Super Eurobeat Vol. 222 (artwork)

This post has been edited by Shintaro on Mar 23 2013, 07:47 PM
coolneko
Posted: Mar 23 2013, 08:27 PM

IDW Expert Member

1. Okay, I heard the album, and yes, it’s true...."Reborn My Fire" is the most boring song ever on this album. Nothing in this song tries its best. Just pure awful, all around song that is plain flat and awful.

2. I'll set a standard of "tolerable" for the melody of "Lovely" but dammit, I hate the vocals. So distorted and not attractive. I hate this song, not out of hatred or anger, but just hate it. It is 75 degrees outside and it is a gorgeous day, and I hate this song

3. Okay, um, in Cy-Ro's songs, is his signature "hook", the woman yelling "woo!" all the time? Just cause the fact I hear it in every Cy-Ro song, it may be fast, but it's so rehashed. Not my cup of tea to love this song, I tried so many times to. However, I can’t bring myself to appreciate the song. Too boring, too repetitive, and sounds like all the rest.

4. But, I’ll be nice to Garçon with his song “Lucky Lucky”, since I like the melody, but it’s still the same thing over and over. Just did it better than Cy-Ro. Okay, onward!

5. “Dance In The Starlight” is just a standard song for all SEB’s. Not a favorite for me, but it’s just something that shouldn’t have been the opener for SEB 222. It’s okay, same thing over and over again. Or maybe I’m just pulling anger out for the fact SEF DX gave it horrible parapara choreography. It’s an okay song, just not a repeat button presser for me.

6. I love “Sunlight”, with its strong vibes and smooth flow of rhythm, I personally loved this song. I’m not familiar with Kaioh’s voice in the SEB world, but after listening to “Nack 5” and “It’s Like A Fire”, this is one of his good songs, I wasn’t really a fan of “It’s Like A Fire.”

7. Both Dima songs were just a flashback to me, I like these two. Definitely a keeper for me, especially “You Could Be Mine.” Thought for a second if I was listening to a Farm Records album, but it’s wonderful song with energy and strong vocals that are clear and fun.

8. “Bad Joy”, what is there to be said about this song? Hmm…I hated it flatly, next to “Reborn My Fire”, this was a disappointment I hate to admit. I love Tora, especially with “King & Queen <Classic>, Call My Name, No Turning Back, and Flame and Fire” but this song is just…messy and though I love speed, this was a song that shouldn't have gotten that kick. Speed made nothing better of this drab song.

9. SunFire, where are the forces that once made you powerful? Oh wait, A-Beat-C is gone, and you gave birth to this. I cannot love this song because I’m no fan of duets between Dave & Futura. The only song I liked from Futura was “Lonely” even though the lyrics were…how do I put this, misplaced? Still, Rich Hard and Norma Sheffield are the only reasons I listen to SunFire. “Into The Moon” was no exception, I listened and felt bored. There’s something that was missing. Something from the Dave & Nuage/Domino era, indeed, however, I could not put my finger on it; I’ll just say it is gone.

10. “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Tonight” is a song I truly enjoyed. Annalise is never my top chart pick, but this song made me love her and the fact everyone was talking about her, so browsed about, heard some on YouTube, and thought “Let’s try this artist, and now I try to open my ears to more Annerly Gordon/many aliases she possesses. Fun song with a great retro mixed into 21st century sounds. :3

11. “Last of Eurobeat” was indeed a refresher that Boom Boom Beat still has that flavor of heavy beats, fun sounds, and addicting lyrics. Mark Farina gave us a scare with his choice of title, however we have gotten a misconception of it, only to signal us that he is one of last Eurobeat greats. Still a great song and comeback from 3B’s lacklustered choice of music.

12. “Boys Do Fall In Love” has such a happy vibe that when I first listened to it, I instantly fell in love with the song. Haven’t heard the original nor do I plan to, but it’s still an awesome track. Especially with the hyped up “BOYS DO FALL IN LOVE!” and just the flow of the melody.

The overall concept of this album may have been trying to stand beside SEB 221, but alas this album fell flat with rehashed sounds. Like HRG-Attack’s “Dance On The Top Of The Fire” and “Lucky Lucky” however “Lucky Lucky” had a better sound than Cy-Ro. Delta was beyond destroyed with “Reborn My Fire” with its lack lustered and uninspired melody. DimaMusic was not fucking around with their music especially bridging with SEB 221, I pray they continue this strong vocal roll. SunFire, your melodies are not impressive or creative or anywhere near A-Beat-C, each melody is worse than the last, but I will love Norma and Rich Hard. 3B is coming back with fun music and I hope Avex will make better selections with their music, “Last of Eurobeat” is a gem due to its recovery from many aborted songs selected from the Avex category. “Sunlight” is plain fantastic and “Lovely” is not. I let April live because she can sell that autotune, and we all knew that was a mistake, so Irene…not this time. No more autotunes with your lovely voice, give us “Food Fighter”, not “Nothing About Me Baby.” Sinclaire Style’s selection of music…you are a complicated music producer and I would love to do mushrooms with you one day. Annalise, good girl, loved the song, but still not a fan, but it’s slowly crawling into my ear. SCP…”Dance In The Starlight”, “Lovely”, and “Boys Do Fall In Love”, just one of these I did loved, the others, not so much. Overall, nope, not even a worthy 2nd place to SEB 221. At least there was variety in that one, regardless if majority of those songs were from SCP. It was still better then SEB 222. The last two, “SEB 4 U” and “Wild Boys”, were these two REALLY needed. I mean, at least let those become SCP iTunes exclusives or SunFire something…idk. Or a bonus CD with the remixes, what a waste of cd space, even though they were fun to listen to. Oh, well. Laters! :3 That’s my thoughts.
Lebon14
  Posted: Mar 23 2013, 09:18 PM

🎧

I wish there was more post like yours here, coolneko. It's really exmpty these days. I miss the days when I joined the forums... it was really lively back then. I have to really give the album a whole listen. This is something, althought I received my CD Friday, that I didn't do yet (when I posted this - surprisng for me!). I'll post a review later. I might make it exclusive for here... I usually post it on Eb-P where I'm more prone to get read.
mauxiLALAka
Posted: Mar 23 2013, 10:55 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 36,879

QUOTE (coolneko @ 2 hours, 23 minutes ago)
8. “Bad Joy”, what is there to be said about this song? Hmm…I hated it flatly, next to “Reborn My Fire”, this was a disappointment I hate to admit. I love Tora, especially with “King & Queen <Classic>, Call My Name, No Turning Back, and Flame and Fire” but this song is just…messy and though I love speed, this was a song that shouldn't have gotten that kick. Speed made nothing better of this drab song.

fun fact, this song is a rework of a much slower song named Bad Boys.

3 Pages  1 2 3