Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Take Me Back to Tokyo

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,478  ·  Replies: 14 
> Subaru Impreza WRX STi...., Since I know little about cars?
KenshinX
  Posted: Apr 25 2003, 09:38 AM

Dark Hitokiri

Group: Members
Member No.: 186

Uhh..... is it a good car to drive? I can understand the All-wheel drive part of it but in terms of overall speed and handling, is it any good?

Yeah, I know little about cars so I'm not too sure. I think the overall speed is pretty good but for handling and drifting, I'm not too sure. And what is an ideal cost range for it?

I was thinking that maybe 5 years down the road I'll try and save up enough money to buy one. Note that I'm only 18 now.

S15-guy
Posted: Apr 25 2003, 12:25 PM

dampachi!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 177

very fast, excellent handling!
Gearhead
Posted: Apr 25 2003, 12:28 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 211

Yeah, the STis are really good cars. As for whether you should get one, it depends on what you're looking for in a car.

If you want something fun to toss around and drift with, get either an STi or the regular WRX. They love being sideways.

If you wanted to be more of a precision grip driver, go with an Evo. The Evos have always been described as sharper driving machines than the Scoobies.

Don't get me wrong, the Evos can drift too, it just seems that the Scoobies were made more with sliding in mind.
awddrifter
Posted: Apr 25 2003, 04:49 PM

なんでやねん

Member No.: 377

If your looking to get the rear-end out in the dry with an Evo or Impreza, its quite a bit harder than a FR car becuase of the power being supplied to the front and rear weels (if u let off the gas completley in the middle of an AWD drift you're screwed). If you are looking for something to drift in the snow though, well, the impreza is your car (i drift in the snow with my impreza 2.5rs all the time). I've also driven a WRX and test-drove an Evo in the US, and the Evo is BY FAR the more superior car for handling (0.97G on the skidpad). Ive yet to drive a WRX STi though seeing as they arent here yet until June laugh.gif

The Evo (271hp) and WRX STi (300hp) are a bit pricey though, the Evo has a MSRP of $29987 USD and the STi has an MSRP of $30,995 USD.

To kinda answer your question: yes. The impreza is an amazing car biggrin.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
TRD-hachi-roku
Posted: Apr 27 2003, 02:36 PM

Terror of da Nitez

Member No.: 383

i think that the evo and the impreza are great cars firstly
second i think that evo could be a great drift car because of itz light body
i think the new ver. of both cars look so kool!!! tongue.gif
KenshinX
  Posted: Apr 29 2003, 09:17 AM

Dark Hitokiri

Yeah, some Evos are cool. Thanks for your answers and in-depth responses...... I'm looking for a more of a drift car, so I guess the Impreza would be good for me. Drifting in the snow would be totally sweet......

As long as it's got a good amount of power and reasonable handling and the ability to drift, I'm happy. Not to mention that Imprezas look sweet, no doubt about it. I'm not really looking for a grip style of car so I guess the Impreza is good enough for me. Though, I understand it's rather pricey so I wouldn't get one until I get a good career.

It's about $30,000 US right?

awddrifter
Posted: Apr 29 2003, 02:25 PM

なんでやねん

Member No.: 377

QUOTE (KenshinX @ Apr 29 2003, 09:14 AM)
It's about $30,000 US right?

The Evo (271hp) and WRX STi (300hp) are a bit pricey though, the Evo has a MSRP of $29987 USD and the STi has an MSRP of $30,995 USD.

Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
S15-guy
Posted: Apr 29 2003, 02:47 PM

dampachi!

you dont have to get an STi tho, they are like the TOP of their class, just a normal WRX would still kick ass
TRD-hachi-roku
Posted: Apr 29 2003, 03:33 PM

Terror of da Nitez

i saw a wrx wagon, and it was the fastest accel i've seen out of many cars, b4 that incident i thought the wrx was under power, but after i've seen the wagon accel like that it totally changed am view, so yea, if you could accel like cazy on a wagon, a sedan will kick ass
TRD-hachi-roku
Posted: Apr 29 2003, 03:35 PM

Terror of da Nitez

oh ps, the wrx is only 24000 US so yea you are pretty much covered, plus some upgrades biggrin.gif
Sugoi Kuruma
Posted: May 1 2003, 03:07 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 168

I'm not really looking for a grip style of car so I guess the Impreza is good enough for me.

if your not looking for a grip car, why get a 4wd?

if your main intention is to drift, wouldnt it be wisest to stick with a RWD layout?

just a suggestion, although a WRX can drift, grip driving is its main fortay (sp?) being a 4wd and all.
killerenergy
Posted: May 1 2003, 04:41 AM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

QUOTE (Sugoi Kuruma @ May 1 2003, 03:04 AM)
I'm not really looking for a grip style of car so I guess the Impreza is good enough for me.

if your not looking for a grip car, why get a 4wd?

if your main intention is to drift, wouldnt it be wisest to stick with a RWD layout?

just a suggestion, although a WRX can drift, grip driving is its main fortay (sp?) being a 4wd and all.

drift in snow?
KenshinX
  Posted: May 1 2003, 09:52 AM

Dark Hitokiri

I see..... though, I could get used to grip driving.

LOL, I don't know much about cars so yeah. But I would still want a WRX of some sorts eventually.

Heh, good accleration eh? That's cool.

But 4WD is good. It's nice to know that it's suited for almost any condition.

S15-guy
Posted: May 1 2003, 11:16 AM

dampachi!

QUOTE (KenshinX @ May 1 2003, 09:49 AM)

Heh, good accleration eh? That's cool.

eh? are you from Canada? A WRX would be well suited for snow driving
Woffle
Posted: May 11 2003, 05:19 PM

/b/lackup

Member No.: 382

wrx sti would kick ass and if ur area has evo VII's me definetly buy dat cuz dat izy ma fav car.

ps:da only lancers i hate r da normal lancer and VIII and da ricer evos lol tongue.gif