Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) King & Queen - Dance Europe Express

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 27,208  ·  Replies: 79 
> Pet Peeves While Driving, Things that make me want to punch pillow
tappedby_sway
Posted: Jul 26 2016, 04:26 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,540

People driving in the passing lane WHO AREN'T PASSING
People who speed up when I'm trying to pass them (kill yourself)
People who try to race me
People on my ass (especially at the light and I'm on a hill)

That's really it when it comes to things that really piss me off
Shirogane
Posted: Jul 26 2016, 08:21 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,722

I'm hopping on the left lane thing with an addendum:

You know those sections of a major freeway containing HOV/Carpool lanes? I can't remember if other states do this, but for some strange reason, Washington made double-white line HOV lanes - and you can't pass over them until it was a broken single white line. Nice if the car in front of you wasn't doing less than 52 MPH. And/or not holding up more than 4 cars behind them.
RalliKai
Posted: Jul 27 2016, 05:59 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Getting caught behind a convoy of water trucks while having to go uphill.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 27 2016, 06:57 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (tappedby_sway @ Yesterday, 8:26 PM)

And nine times out of ten it's a BMW.

QUOTE (tappedby_sway @ Yesterday, 8:26 PM)

As a fellow Miamian, I'm calling bullshit on this one. We don't have hills. :^)
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jul 27 2016, 09:35 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (Shirogane @ Yesterday, 9:21 PM)
I'm hopping on the left lane thing with an addendum:

You know those sections of a major freeway containing HOV/Carpool lanes? I can't remember if other states do this, but for some strange reason, Washington made double-white line HOV lanes - and you can't pass over them until it was a broken single white line. Nice if the car in front of you wasn't doing less than 52 MPH. And/or not holding up more than 4 cars behind them.

I think that passing in the carpool lane is against the law in CA. Don't quote me on that, but I have been taught that it is just bad etiquette to do that. You look like a douche and if you're by yourself in the car, its illegal.

In CA we designate carpool lanes with double yellow lines as a do not cross and a single white line as an entry point.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 27 2016, 10:14 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 3 hours, 17 minutes ago)

In one hilarious case for me, it was a gigantic lifted Silverado (it is Iowa after all) with truck nuts that could not fathom having a little yellow Scion xB pass it on an empty highway, lest nobody see that he's been so thoroughly destroyed by a pissant work van.

He was going 45 in a 55, I flashed to pass, and the fucker floored it up to 95. I called cops with his plate info and nothing came of it, despite the prospect of a juicy ticket. He disappeared Northbound as I was heading East to go into Story City.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
The Sixth Element
Posted: Jul 27 2016, 06:56 PM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Today, 6:57 AM)

You're right. It even happens to other BMW drivers including me. I needed to switch to the right lane while this e90 bmw thought he could show off his new muffler. What a joke as I actually sped up faster than him.
Seri
Posted: Jul 27 2016, 07:37 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Today, 9:57 AM)
As a fellow Miamian, I'm calling bullshit on this one. We don't have hills. :^)

I can confirm.

But back on topic, I've been brake checked a lot lately.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jul 28 2016, 09:18 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (Seri @ Yesterday, 8:37 PM)
I can confirm.

But back on topic, I've been brake checked a lot lately.

Personally I've never had that happen to me but it sounds scary as hell. How do you deal? crying2.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 28 2016, 10:48 AM

Group Icon

^ Lay on the horn. So many people are terrified of using the horn for fear of taking responsibility for honking. I use it all the time.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 28 2016, 08:20 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 9:57 AM)

So, story time.

Last winter I was heading a couple hours north to go ice racing in the VW. Ran into a buddy of mine on the way up, so I set my cruise to his and we just rolled together for a while. Eventually, we ran into an E90 328xi that would speed up when we tried to pass, and then eventually slowed back down, rinse and repeat. Eventually, this held us up as all three of us passed slower traffic, and after three or so instances I was fed up. As we started to make one more pass on her, she sped up again, and my buddy merged in behind her. Meanwhile, I had dropped two gears and was in the powerband ready.

The instant the lane was clear, I laid into the throttle and blew past her, signal on, and clipped across her nose. Set the cruise back where I had it and tried to go on my way. She wasn't having it though, and began to catch my slowly in the right hand lane. As I approached traffic and needed to get over, I saw her punch the gas, and I immediately did the same, noting at the same time that she's got a car full of people. Despite her jump on me, she gained no ground in closing the door, I shot over in front of her with plenty of room to spare and stayed in it. 100, 105, 110, DING, the winter tire warning popped up on the dash, but I wasn't going to let her get her way. 120, then 130, then 140, finally she started dropping back.

I slowed back down and set the cruise at a brisk 85 to ensure she didn't catch me again and finished the trip. But seriously, if you're not going to go a consistent speed, don't punish those who are. Being a piece of shit benefits no one.
RalliKai
Posted: Jul 29 2016, 04:44 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Sounds like the Bimmer chick was trying to show off to her friends. I don't run into this very often in PA. I do remember an instant back when I was in college when I ran into a 2nd gen Eclipse going 50 in a 55. I moved to the passing lane and he immediately laid on the gas and passed me. Then he pulls infront of me and as we're passing a truck going 65, he slows back down to around 50. The guy was doing it to be a dick no doubt and get a response out of me. Since I was so close to my house at the time, I pretty much ignored it at that point.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Jul 29 2016, 04:46 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jul 29 2016, 07:24 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Spaz @ Today, 12:20 AM)
100, 105, 110, DING, the winter tire warning popped up on the dash, but I wasn't going to let her get her way. 120, then 130, then 140, finally she started dropping back.

TBF the 328's governor kills it at 130. She's goin' noooowhere.

user posted image
The Sixth Element
Posted: Jul 29 2016, 09:35 AM

matter intangible

Bimmer drives get a bad rap because of arrogant drivers. Its only the older series drivers that are chill and the new series BMW drivers that are arrogant drivers
Seri
Posted: Jul 29 2016, 03:46 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 1:48 PM)
^ Lay on the horn. So many people are terrified of using the horn for fear of taking responsibility for honking. I use it all the time.

Pretty much this.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 29 2016, 04:02 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ 6 hours, 27 minutes ago)
Bimmer drives get a bad rap because of arrogant drivers. Its only the older series drivers that are chill and the new series BMW drivers that are arrogant drivers

Not true. If it's an M3 of any generation, you can count on them "forgetting" to use their signals and using only the accelerator for the duration of their trip. Brakes are for suckers.
The Sixth Element
Posted: Jul 29 2016, 07:29 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (Tessou @ 3 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Not true. If it's an M3 of any generation, you can count on them "forgetting" to use their signals and using only the accelerator for the duration of their trip. Brakes are for suckers.

Thats one of the basics of BMW School. M3 or 318ti~350i laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

(believe me... I hate those kinds of BMW drivers)
xiao
Posted: Aug 3 2016, 10:52 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (tappedby_sway @ Jul 26 2016, 06:26 PM)

I leave a good 1.5 town-car spaces when I'm at a light behind someone, especially at night. If for some reason I find myself really close to someone at a stop, I dim my lights to lessen the strain on their eyes. Otherwise... if I see you going a discernible speed past 60 or just plain faster than me, I'm tailing your ass just for fun. Also to make the guy in front of me think for a split second that I'm a cop. awesome.gif -- (but I drive a beige '05 Sentra tho' facepalm.gif)

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2)
I think that passing in the carpool lane is against the law in CA. Don't quote me on that, but I have been taught that it is just bad etiquette to do that. You look like a douche and if you're by yourself in the car, its illegal.

I don't think we have a carpool lane here in west Texas but... I go over the ambulance lane and pass you if you're going slower than me on the freeway... or any other road for that matter. If there's a space where I can fit in and cut you off, I do it as fast as my crappy Nissan permits me.

People honk, yell, and flip me off cause they think I have road rage until... they see me winking at them with the biggest smile on my face as I cut off their vehicle, which probably has faster acceleration than my own POS.

A couple of months ago a guy with a 15 y/o kid on his new red Civic chased me all the way to the Barnes & Noble parking lot after I cut him off. He got off and almost broke my window cause of how mad he was. So I winked at him/smiled and reversed my way out of the parking lot before he threw rocks at me.

If someone cuts you off or has to use the ambulance lane to pass you... is cause you drive like my grandmother. I've had Camaros, Eclipses, Integras, Moostangs, and 1 DMC pass me while I'm going 95 on the freeway. There's nothing I can do about it but smile & say GG, and I actually like faster drivers than me. user posted image

Etiquette goes out the window when you got somewhere to be and you're 5 minutes late. Crash, boom, burn me up... just don't kill me is what I say to drivers faster than me. To the slower ones, I just throw 'em a smile and hope they won't follow me with a gun~ derp.gif

--- --- ---

One thing I absolutely hate is people in fast cars going slow as fōck.

Okay you're driving a little crappy Odyssey soccer-mom van, be my guest and go 15-mph on the freeway... BUT

If you're driving a bloody Z06 and your girlfriend right next to you on the way to the disco is driving a really cute Pearl Blue WRC BRZed... the bloody f***ing hell are you going 55-mph on the fast lane for m8? Then both of youz get off at the decline-ramp & proceed to go 25-mph like if your garter-belt just ripped.

Look, I'm driving a 2005 Sentra with -negative 65 bhp at the wheels on a good day. You're driving a state of the art Ryosuke-white 2016 Corvette and I'm passing you... jackiechan_whatisthis_Idon'teven.jpg derp.gif ~

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by xiao on Aug 3 2016, 03:32 PM
The Sixth Element
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 09:06 PM

matter intangible

Time for me to prove that new gen BMW drivers are absolute assholes rant.gif

I was driving on the 110 North to get home and then, at the 105 interstate change, i BARELY saw a navy blue e90 328i, going at around 90 mph pass me while giving me the middle finger. During this moment, I almost wanted to get close to them and almost hit them so they could roll over. Why do people want to drive like the Midnight Club at HIGH NOON??!!!!

Burn all the new BMW owners chair.gif
xiao
  Posted: Aug 12 2016, 03:27 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ 6 hours, 12 minutes ago)
rant.gif chair.gif

★ Next time say NO to BMW and YES to Audi kids: awesome.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2600 x 1464. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Aug 12 2016, 05:25 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

People who are impatient and decide to pull into the turn lane while they wait to merge into traffic. There are times when I need to use the turn lane to pull in somewhere, but some idiot will do this and force me to stay in my lane and make me go out of my way and turn around.
Master0fMadness
Posted: Aug 17 2016, 04:32 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

QUOTE (tappedby_sway @ Jul 26 2016, 04:26 PM)

Oh, but that's the fun part! They see this ratty, sun-damaged, rice-bumpered, dented-up, fire damaged, gasser-staced, purple-tinted CB9 coming up alongside them and their first reaction they have is, I gotta stay ahead of this piece of shit!

That's when I drop down from 5th to 4th, 3rd, or 2nd depending on the road and go,
user posted image

I do let off around 90 or so in the waggy if they're persistent though because, well, frankly, I become aware of the shape my outer tie rod ends are in and my own mortality and go 'eh... not a good day to die.'

Of course, that only happens on local, county, or state roads and US highways where the speed limit is 55 or lower. On the interstate, everybody is passing me because I'm in the right lane doing the legal limit of 65. 62 if it's my E12 because the gearing is ridiculous and the little engine that could starts sucking down 87 octane above 3,000 RPM. laugh2.gif

-

Biggest pet peeves? Hmm...

*Texting at a stop light, not paying attention to the signal

*Pulling out into the roadway without looking

*Improperly negotiating a turn (taking 2 lanes) onto a multi-lane highway, either resulting in nearly side-bashing me if I'm turning right and they're turning left, -or- trying to pass me on the right after negotiating a left turn as I'm trying to merge into the middle or right lane to get out of their way since I accelerate like a geezer

*Changing lanes without signaling, QUINTUPLEY if that's paired with not checking blind spot and driving right into my path of travel

*Randomly speeding up and slowing down outside of changing speed restrictions, road or traffic conditions

*Accelerating briskly to bunched up traffic then braking hard at the last moment

And the biggest peeve of all?

I got my ROLLING BIG POWAH XD EDITION CHROMED OUT 44" MUD TIRES CUMMINDURASTROKE and I ROLL COAL LIKE A GENERAL ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE!!!

This post has been edited by Master0fMadness on Aug 17 2016, 04:35 PM
Mr357
Posted: Oct 23 2016, 08:47 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 47,614

QUOTE (Master0fMadness @ Aug 17 2016, 04:32 PM)
And the biggest peeve of all?

I got my ROLLING BIG POWAH XD EDITION CHROMED OUT 44" MUD TIRES CUMMINDURASTROKE and I ROLL COAL LIKE A GENERAL ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE!!!

In the great state of Texas (where I live), this is unavoidable. The worst is at night when their aftermarket headlights are blinding you from behind due to their improper and illegal angle as a result of being installed at Bubba & Joe's.
xiao
Posted: Oct 24 2016, 03:11 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Mr357 @ 6 hours, 22 minutes ago)
In the great state of Texas (where I live), this is unavoidable.  The worst is at night when their aftermarket headlights are blinding you from behind due to their improper and illegal angle as a result of being installed at Bubba & Joe's.

And they all listen to Rodney Atkins & dipp green Skoal after a hard-day's work at the rodeo little partner I got my scuba-snorkel Wrangler exhaust just in case the mudd down at the barn overflows after a yee-haw night of tippin' porkies & sniffin' pro-paint bobby! laugh.gif

I'm in Hell Paso ~ but we got a couple of more forumites 'round Dallas & Houston tho' turned.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 24 2016, 10:16 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

Pulling out into traffic with plenty of room and the drama queen behind you still acting like you pulled out right in front of him going 2 MPH, laying the horn and tailgating you until you finally turn down another street.

I hate driving in Plantation.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project

4 Pages  1 2 3 4