Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Keiichi & Bunta - 86

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,432  ·  Replies: 8 
> Little Witch Academia 2 Kickstarter, /a/ - SAVING ANIME 2013
kyonpalm
  Posted: Jul 9 2013, 11:26 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 956 x 500. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/131140...itch-academia-2

Studio TRIGGER decided to leave its latest project, a new Little Witch Academia OVA, up to the internet to partially fund through Kickstarter. Shortly after being posted, the page was shared on /a/ and within three hours of being started, they reached their goal of $150,000.

I am speechless. The pot has grown to $235,000 as of this post and isn't showing any signs of coming to a stop. Most of the donations have come from /a/nons, by the way. Absolutely incredible.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 02:22 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

They may as well make a series, at this point.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 02:54 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Based Francisco, joining the ranks of Danny Choo. Even if his wife leaves him, he has all of /a/ to replace her.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
  Posted: Jul 9 2013, 05:39 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 3 hours, 17 minutes ago)
They may as well make a series, at this point.

Uhh... do you know how much it costs to make one episode of an anime?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 05:57 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 17 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Uhh... do you know how much it costs to make one episode of an anime?

I was referring to the fact that it seems pretty popular, not so much the money part of it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
jbeavis100
Posted: Jul 11 2013, 10:14 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,847

I'm super excited for this. I loved the first short and hopefully with all the extra money this is getting it this will get to be even longer!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 11 2013, 11:37 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (jbeavis100 @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
I'm super excited for this. I loved the first short and hopefully with all the extra money this is getting it this will get to be even longer!

I think somewhere they were basically like 'oh god stahp gaiz even if u throw money we can't do any more', but if they hit 500k Good Smile Company will consider doing figures, so there's that at least.
RalliKai
Posted: Jul 11 2013, 12:14 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 37 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
I think somewhere they were basically like 'oh god stahp gaiz even if u throw money we can't do any more', but if they hit 500k Good Smile Company will consider doing figures, so there's that at least.

Sounds like what their doing for Star Citizen but we atleast know what we're getting for our money with that for the most part. awesome.gif

I really enjoyed LWA and I hope this does get kick started into some kind of series.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 11 2013, 12:56 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 41 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Sounds like what their doing for Star Citizen but we atleast know what we're getting for our money with that for the most part. awesome.gif

I really enjoyed LWA and I hope this does get kick started into some kind of series.

Sort of...

With Star Citizen, everything over 10 million is going towards both paying back the private investors and getting CIG their own studios for audio, MoCap, etc rather than doing the traditional thing and farming out for that stuff. Basically, if they can get 20 million via crowdfunding they will be 100% crowdfunded and have a hell of an impressive company beneath them. Enough that I would assume there would be other game companies wanting to use their facilities.