Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) KANAGAWA ALLIANCE TEAM II

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,873  ·  Replies: 6 
> New Mobile Charger Doesn't Need Leads
Saint
  Posted: Sep 16 2010, 05:52 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,067

New Mobile Charger Doesn't Need Leads

People may be able to charge their mobile phones and other devices without the need for cables within two years.

Japanese electronics firm Fujitsu (FJTSF.PK - news) has developed a wireless recharging system using magnetic technology which it hopes to put in products and sold in 2012.

user posted image

The system is capable of simultaneously charging multiple portable electronic devices likes mobiles, digital cameras and laptop computers without using power cords.

Devices can be charged at distances of up to several metres and it could lead to wireless charging 'hotspots' in public places, similar to Wi-Fi internet zones in shops and cafes.

Fujitsu says its technology means it can charge devices 150 times faster than the time which is normally required.

The firm is also looking at applying the system to power up electric cars.

In what is claimed to be a world first, the technology works by sending electricity across magnetic fields between the wireless charger and the electronic device.

Fujitsu calls it the magnetic resonance method, which uses a coil of wire and an electronic component called a capacitor to create a resonance between it and the power receiver.

The firm said: "This technology paves the way to integrating compact wireless charging functions into mobile phones and enabling multiple portable devices to be charged simultaneously without any restrictions on their position with respect to the charger."

It added: "Developments are under way for a broad range of potential applications, charging everything from portable electronics to electric cars."

It has designed a compact, slim power receiver, and manufactured prototype mobile phones with built-in wireless charging.

Futjitsu claimed the prototype mobiles can charge anywhere within the power-transmitter's range, with 85% efficiency.

The company said its tests found the performance of the chargers varied according to the size of the transmitter's coil.

It found the optimal coil size for efficiently charging three devices, took roughly 10 minutes, or 150 times faster than the time it had taken before.

Source

I think it's a very convenient technology, but I wonder how it'll impact our health. :/
DigiBunny
Posted: Sep 16 2010, 07:11 PM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I can hear this incessant voice in my head saying again and again 'Don't put that magnet too close to the Computer, you fool!"

How's this going to work?
Möbius
Posted: Sep 17 2010, 06:17 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

This would be better off in PC and Tech. smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Lebon14
Posted: Sep 17 2010, 06:51 AM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

That's what I was thinking but I held back. Before moving...

Pretty sweet technology for those that has a cellphone of course.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
Posted: Sep 17 2010, 06:54 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

Thanks for the move, Lebon! smile.gif

The technology itself leads me to question the health effects as well, if only the long term ones at that.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 17 2010, 02:14 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Neat mobile charger... That could be useful for consumers too!
kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 17 2010, 10:44 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

I've heard of this! If I'm not mistaken, we have a version of this in the states that goes on your car dashboard, and the phone sticks to the rubber.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeD9DMAZ2JU )
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project