Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Natsuki no Kiki

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
• Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
• Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,183  ·  Replies: 54 
> Announced IDES for US, Announced to release in the US for PS3!!!!!
-VIRUS-
Posted: Apr 2 2011, 12:46 PM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,643

QUOTE (DrunkenKong @ 6 hours, 36 minutes ago)
I'm pretty sure this is fake, but I guess time will tell.

i would agree with cause sega did state that they wouldnt make english version anymore. look at version 5 and 6 no usa version.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Apr 2 2011, 12:57 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I think I just puked in my mouth a little bit..

If it does come out. Please update it to IDAS5 physics. I hate AS4's Ridge Racer driving on ice 24/7 physics.
-VIRUS-
Posted: Apr 2 2011, 01:11 PM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Member No.: 6,643

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 14 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
I think I just puked in my mouth a little bit..

If it does come out. Please update it to IDAS5 physics. I hate AS4's Ridge Racer driving on ice 24/7 physics.

lol true to that. facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif
RIT_ninja
Posted: Apr 4 2011, 01:51 AM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

even if this is true, I find it quite pointless as to releasing a game that is already considered "dead" online. Last time I logged onto the Japanese server, there was literally no one there. I gave up after 15 minutes of match searching...

I also think that Sega tends to stick to this "one game per console" rule...think about it

Special Stage - PS2
Street Stage - PSP
Extreme Stage - PS3

doubt they will release another game for the PS3, considering they were already tight on budget when releasing extreme stage. With the recent Japanese economy and earthquake, I don't think we would see another Initial D home console game until...I dunno, ps4? NGP?
TB_InuYasha_X
Posted: Apr 4 2011, 05:38 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,206

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ 3 hours, 46 minutes ago)
even if this is true, I find it quite pointless as to releasing a game that is already considered "dead" online. Last time I logged onto the Japanese server, there was literally no one there. I gave up after 15 minutes of match searching...

I also think that Sega tends to stick to this "one game per console" rule...think about it

Special Stage - PS2
Street Stage - PSP
Extreme Stage - PS3

doubt they will release another game for the PS3, considering they were already tight on budget when releasing extreme stage. With the recent Japanese economy and earthquake, I don't think we would see another Initial D home console game until...I dunno, ps4? NGP?

Game is not dead online.
You just have to sign in during the right times.

Night Time EST usually works or 9 - 12[am][est]... I was actually shocked with how many people were on during those times.
DesDevious
  Posted: Apr 4 2011, 01:56 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,136

QUOTE (DrunkenKong @ Apr 2 2011, 06:09 AM)
I'm pretty sure this is fake, but I guess time will tell.

I hope the release isn't =[
DrunkenKong
Posted: Apr 4 2011, 07:46 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,205

QUOTE (DesDevious @ 5 hours, 50 minutes ago)
I hope the release isn't =[

Let's face it. Why would Sega release IDES in the US? They have no reason to. It'
s an old game at this point, and there aren't many Initial D fans in the US. At least, probably not enough to warrant publishing costs and translation teams for the game to be transferred over. Sega needs to profit. Releasing an old IDES game in US probably isn't going to make them much money, if at all.

Some of you are getting excited over 1 random link. Even if it was coming over, don't you think it would be on other sites? Other major gaming news sites, anime sites, Sega's official site. Yes it isn't June yet, but for a niche title release like IDES, they would've announced it officially at this point by now. They would want to let all the anime fans know about the game's release as soon as possible. The game will be "released" in 2 months. It would be stupid to officially announce and release a game that close together.

Not to be the downer of the topic, but come on. This is obviously fake. Sega would rather make a new Initial D game all together rather than spend money marketing and re-releasing an old game.

Sorry.

This post has been edited by DrunkenKong on Apr 4 2011, 07:48 PM
k0oanz
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 05:18 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 36,392

QUOTE (DrunkenKong @ Apr 4 2011, 07:46 PM)
Let's face it. Why would Sega release IDES in the US? They have no reason to.  It'
s an old game at this point, and there aren't many Initial D fans in the US. At least, probably not enough to warrant publishing costs and translation teams for the game to be transferred over. Sega needs to profit. Releasing an old IDES game in US probably isn't going to make them much money, if at all.

Some of you are getting excited over 1 random link. Even if it was coming over, don't you think it would be on other sites? Other major gaming news sites, anime sites, Sega's official site. Yes it isn't June yet, but for a niche title release like IDES, they would've announced it officially at this point by now. They would want to let all the anime fans know about the game's release as soon as possible. The game will be "released" in 2 months. It would be stupid to officially announce and release a game that close together.

Not to be the downer of the topic, but come on. This is obviously fake. Sega would rather make a new Initial D game all together rather than spend money marketing and re-releasing an old game.

Sorry.

Yeah, that's true. Well then I hope Sony releases a new console this year or next year, so we can get a IDAS5 import or IDAS6 AA version for it happy.gif That would be really nice.

But I wonder why they didn't add more features or modes for IDES, like they did for Special Stage and Street Stage.

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Apr 6 2011, 05:20 PM
Lipem
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 11:06 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 31,905

There defiantly releasing it again on the 30th of June but its just gonna be ps3 best hits REPRINT. So yeah that kinda sucks. Thanks Sega for another copy of IDES in Japanese.
DesDevious
  Posted: Apr 7 2011, 02:57 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Lipem @ Yesterday, 11:06 PM)
There defiantly releasing it again on the 30th of June but its just gonna be ps3 best hits REPRINT. So yeah that kinda sucks. Thanks Sega for another copy of IDES in Japanese.

Are they going to add more modes in the game? Or just another reprint of the same exact game? That would be lame.
Takeshi Nakazato
Posted: Apr 7 2011, 08:50 PM

ER34 <3

Member No.: 2,412

this seems just like a fake post
RIT_ninja
Posted: Apr 8 2011, 01:57 AM

ざけんなよ!

there was an external link on that page...it led to nowhere but a search for buying Japanese version of IDES
Takeshi Nakazato
Posted: Apr 9 2011, 03:50 PM

ER34 <3

Member No.: 2,412

ok so time just destroy this speculation. It looks like this release date is for a Playstation The Best reprint in Japan

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/945185-initial...reme-stage/data
DesDevious
  Posted: Apr 10 2011, 01:18 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Takeshi Nakazato @ 9 hours, 27 minutes ago)
ok so time just destroy this speculation. It looks like this release date is for a Playstation The Best reprint in Japan

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/945185-initial...reme-stage/data

Why are they going to reprint this game? I want ID5 on PS3 already. =[
RIT_ninja
Posted: Apr 10 2011, 11:02 PM

ざけんなよ!

QUOTE (DesDevious @ Today, 1:18 AM)
Why are they going to reprint this game? I want ID5 on PS3 already. =[

because it's out of print?
DesDevious
  Posted: Apr 11 2011, 11:52 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ Yesterday, 11:02 PM)
because it's out of print?

That's kind of a waste. ID4 is kinda dead.
Jdmyo93
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 10:27 AM

Feelin a little furry?

Member No.: 31,392

QUOTE (DrunkenKong @ Apr 4 2011, 07:46 PM)
Let's face it. Why would Sega release IDES in the US? They have no reason to. It'

Sorry.

The man speaks the truth
Rogar
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 12:34 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 37,158

Either way, it's still good news for people who haven't picked up the game yet. They're re-printing it, so it'll be a lot easier to find, and on top of that it's going to be even cheaper than it was before. I paid I think $70 for mine on eBay a few months ago, and this new re-release is available for pre-order on Play Asia for about $40.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 21 2011, 08:33 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I can get Sega maybe releasing this if the game was a year old, but it's almost 3 years old now, isn't it? I think this ship has sailed for an English release of the game.
TB_InuYasha_X
Posted: Apr 22 2011, 09:05 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 30,206

QUOTE (Rogar @ Apr 19 2011, 12:34 PM)
Either way, it's still good news for people who haven't picked up the game yet. They're re-printing it, so it'll be a lot easier to find, and on top of that it's going to be even cheaper than it was before. I paid I think $70 for mine on eBay a few months ago, and this new re-release is available for pre-order on Play Asia for about $40.

How goes it Scanty? = Kneesocks.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 22 2011, 10:23 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

It's never going to get a proper US console release because there's such a small market for it. Sega of America would never consider it.

The link states it will have English, probably because it may include the English manual that originally came with the Asian version of the game.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Rogar
Posted: Apr 22 2011, 08:44 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 37,158

QUOTE (TB_InuYasha_X @ Today, 9:05 AM)
How goes it Scanty? = Kneesocks.

Kneesocks-San <3

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 10:23 AM)
It's never going to get a proper US console release because there's such a small market for it. Sega of America would never consider it.

The link states it will have English, probably because it may include the English manual that originally came with the Asian version of the game.

Yeah, I know it's just for the re-print for the Best collection, but I'm still wondering why that link in the OP says it's in English. Even if the manual's in English, the game itself isn't. I figure that'd take priority over just the manual. It also said there's split-screen multiplayer, which isn't right either. On top of all that, if it were the Asian version, it says there's online multiplayer as well, which wasn't in that version. Unless they're talking about both versions at the same time, which is very possible.

I think that site just posted bad information.
isocuda
Posted: Apr 28 2011, 11:48 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 27,781

QUOTE (Rogar @ Apr 19 2011, 03:34 PM)

I just bought "the Best" edition Japanese version, for 40 bucks two months ago, I highly doubt there will be any cost savings with a reprint given it's only been a year.
although Finding a copy in stock would be a lot easier, But again it only took me 45minutes to find and purchase one brand new.

I could see them doing it because of a new update or something, but I'm willing to bet the farm everything for IDAS4 stopped at 1.5 including official support.

So I'm a little ocnfused as to why they would even bother with a "reprint" although it might be the full game (Japan) with an English option or something backwards like that, Idk. I'm not very excited.
Jdmyo93
Posted: Apr 28 2011, 08:29 PM

Feelin a little furry?

Member No.: 31,392

QUOTE (isocuda @ 8 hours, 41 minutes ago)
although it might be the full game (Japan) with an English option or something backwards like that, Idk. I'm not very excited.

Now that would be awesome, but even without english text, I can still manage to work my way around though happy.gif

This post has been edited by Jdmyo93 on Apr 28 2011, 08:30 PM
Tessou
Posted: Apr 30 2011, 09:59 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Rogar @ Apr 22 2011, 11:44 PM)
I think that site just posted bad information.

It's an unofficial website posting information about a re-release of a game. Now, they might be just awfully uninformed, or they're trying to spread false rumors about how the re-release will be some "plus" version of the game with new features.

No. If it's not on the official IDAS website, it isn't real.

I'd say it has to be on the official IDES website, but it doesn't exist anymore. That should be a good barometer of how true ANY development news of a new IDES edition will be. The game is no longer in any stage of development. All the planned DLC was made available years ago and Sega has moved on to IDAS6AA. There will never be a special edition of IDES because Sega is done with it forever.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project

3 Pages  1 2 3