Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Black sovereign

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

15 Pages  « 10 11 12 13 14 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 121,753  ·  Replies: 357 
> Political Discussion, Election is over, post rare policies

Who shall be King?
MAGA [ 13 ]  [68.42%]
Hilldawg [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Some third party bullshit [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
APX
Posted on Apr 27 2017, 12:18 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

That wall looks pretty good, can't believe he actually did it!

/Sarcasm
Nomake Wan
Posted on Apr 27 2017, 07:21 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Yeah and pulling out of NAFTA and NATO and the UN! Wew lad, Mr. President sure is a strong leader who doesn't take shit from anyone! America First! Make America Great Again!

I can only hope that the DNC doesn't push some fucking idiot in 2020. They would literally have to be completely and utterly retarded to lose. Which...hey, they could be, don't get me wrong. I just hope they aren't, because 2020 has got to be one of the easiest elections to win away from the standing president. laugh2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted on Apr 27 2017, 08:06 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (APX @ 7 hours, 48 minutes ago)
That wall looks pretty good, can't believe he actually did it!

/Sarcasm

of course, its the greatest wall ever personally built by him. he just wants to do his crazy ideas regardless of how things work in real life. just look at how many walls against common sense he's built and the many other walls he's come up against. laugh2.gif its quite the 100 day legacy he's built with walls already.

honestly the scariest thing with pres trump*vomit* i find is his game of chicken with North Korea. yes both leaders of USA and NK are bonkers and they both hate to be out-crazied by other nation leaders. its a game in which leader will chicken out first without causing a new world war.

as a Canadian, id rate trump as an E- rating simply BC war hasnt broken out yet but he gets a A+ for wall building. maybe trump should change his main motto to this "Trump First! Make Trump Great Again!"

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 27 2017, 08:20 AM
kyonpalm
  Posted on Apr 27 2017, 08:19 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 58 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
I can only hope that the DNC doesn't push some fucking idiot in 2004. They would literally have to be completely and utterly retarded to lose. Which...hey, they could be, don't get me wrong. I just hope they aren't, because 2004 has got to be one of the easiest elections to win away from the standing president. laugh2.gif

Careful. ;^)
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted on Apr 27 2017, 09:54 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 34 minutes ago)
Careful. ;^)

Hey man, like I said, the DNC proved themselves incompetent once already. The question is whether they're willing to take that risk a second time now that they've experienced the full fury of the last election. wink2.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Posted on May 1 2017, 09:18 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

well thats some great news, it looks like trump is doing a great job so far. all he's doing is blowing smoke up his ass and also into USA's ass. he's made crazy claims but hasnt yet been able follow thru on them. it looks like the world so far can call these 1-4 years a mild bout of insanity and get back to reality IF the DNC does its job properly and puts up a good candidate to bring USA back to its senses. he's starting to admit the job wasnt "very easy" as he previously thought. something tells me not to hold my breath for an apology for his actions so far.

id like to say all the things he's done so far are easily repairable under a proper president but his distaste for the general state of the environment really does worry me.

This post has been edited by 207 on May 1 2017, 09:24 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 2 2017, 04:53 AM

ShiMACHaze

That's because to compete with the industrial complex that is China, you have to turn the US into China. wink2.gif
Posted on May 2 2017, 06:54 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 0 minutes ago)
That's because to compete with the industrial complex that is China, you have to turn the US into China. wink2.gif

its fine if one dreams with their heads above the clouds but its much harder to do so if you cant raise your head above the smoke/smog clouds from your "progress". does he have the old mentality where the bigger smoke clouds mean more progress in the economy??
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 2 2017, 07:21 AM

ShiMACHaze

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/o6Am5RS5AoA )

I don't think he has a mentality. That may be giving him a little too much credit.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Posted on May 2 2017, 08:54 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 32 minutes ago)
https://youtu.be/o6Am5RS5AoA

I don't think he has a mentality. That may be giving him a little too much credit.

he might've been a good pres if his head wasnt stuck in his ass. he's too ignorant of the world around him. he thinks too highly of himself and likely the universe revolves around him only. his economic model/actions are rather cold hearted but the rules of economy were always cut throat.

that Seth Meyers monologue was one of the better ones so far laugh2.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaHwlSTqA7s )

This post has been edited by 207 on May 2 2017, 10:19 AM
APX
Posted on May 5 2017, 12:17 AM

Well, Obamacare was repealed.

Might have to do some research on this since that's my only provider. But what are your thoughts on this, IDW?
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 5 2017, 12:28 AM

ShiMACHaze

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

GO TEAM GOP!
xiao
Posted on May 8 2017, 03:28 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Serious question. (not rhetorical)

How's the economy doing compared to Obama's administration?

--- --- ---

I like ragging on all Politicians from Hitler to Mother Teresa but...

I've been unemployed since 2008, with a few stints here & there, thanks to not being able to erase my name from a stupid Federal database and its overpaid employees/employers.

But the only actual difference I've noticed in my life are:

1. More expensive electronics, ie. Cellphones

2. Higher Taxes on physical goods

3. More barriers to getting shit done, ie. getting a job

Granted that's not the Government's fault... since jobs are given by Private Companies, that work more like elitist clubs that could deny you a job cause... lolol it's my Company, I can hire who ever the fuck I want wwwww- ...albeit the HR recruiters give you the spiel a bit more nicely. happy.gif

I've never had healthcare or relied on the Govt for anything ~ hence why my teeth are so bad, I don't have a computer, and deal with disease like a poor Mexican. I would know. But watching Trump is like watching Obama and all the other 43 Stooges and their elected Knights of the Round this nation I was born in has ever had. I see no actual difference.

But I guess those 3 problems I mentioned up there all have to do with the minimum wage being raised-up in the half a decade I was lockdown'd in a box, so everything's SNAFU as usual in Washington. derp.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 8 2017, 05:22 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 54 minutes ago)
Serious question. (not rhetorical)

How's the economy doing compared to Obama's administration?

--- --- ---

1. More expensive electronics, ie. Cellphones

2. Higher Taxes on physical goods

3. More barriers to getting shit done, ie. getting a job

Too early to tell. His fiscal year only just started a month ago.

1. That's not really fair. The cost of computing in general has plummeted overall over time. There was a minor blip upwards when Thailand went underwater and took a shitload of HDD manufacturing with it, but we've long since recovered from that and costs have gone down. As for cellphones, in general people do not buy them wholesale and instead get them through a subsidy from their provider. For instance, my amazing top-of-the-line iPhone 6S+ was the low-low price of trading in my 5c, dropping $100, and then paying $17/mo. So sure, the phone itself would've been what, over $1000 had I bought it without a cell plan? But you kind of need a plan to use a cell phone, so it makes sense to just get the phone through a provider and not pay full price up front.

2. Higher taxes is true, but I'd have to do a little more in-depth research to tell you whether your point is actually accurate at a federal level. Here in California where I've lived since 2007 it's true, but when it comes to physical goods that's not a federal tax, it's an increase in state sales tax. Is that the fault of the administration, or the fault of the state, or the fault of the local government (since each city has a different sales tax)? Where does the buck stop for you?

3. This one's tough too. I would argue that this has less to do with an administration than it does the companies themselves shifting their hiring practices out of pure capitalistic tendencies. While there is one specific example I can give to where an administration needs to step in and force a change (namely the H-1B program literally being used to displace American labor, the opposite of its intention), the biggest roadblock to getting jobs nowadays is an increase in the minimum level of education required for 'skilled' jobs and a shift to algorithmic digital hiring practices. Unlike in the past where you could at least get your foot in the door with a decent first impression and a relevant resume, now you had better have a degree and/or vetted industry training, and even then you won't get anywhere by just showing up to a business and shaking hands and exchanging resumes. You have to submit to a computer system which will drop you in an instant if you don't match up with whatever algorithm they happen to be using to filter out applicants.

So I guess the real question is...can you be more specific? What time period are you referring to with these, and can you clarify your questions a little more?
xiao
Posted on May 8 2017, 06:27 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 0 minutes ago)
So I guess the real question is...can you be more specific? What time period are you referring to with these, and can you clarify your questions a little more?

It was more complaining about my current situation than it was an overview on recent US Economics. My mom (who voted Hilary) out of the blue told me yesterday... 'Did you know that for all that people rag on Trump, the economy's doing better than Obama?' ohmy.gif

So I was like hold-da-fugg-up. YOU voted Hilary! Did your boss, a hotel tycoon from India who voted Trump on expense of keeping his businesses wealthy, finally brain wash you!!? blink.gif

She was like... watch the news, it's real. Then I asked her... So are you gonna vote Trump in 2020? ...and she was like, Sonny I'm never voting again. derp.gif

So it got me wondering.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 0 minutes ago)
You have to submit to a computer system which will drop you in an instant if you don't match up with whatever algorithm they happen to be using to filter out applicants.

This is VERY true. I loathe when I go to job interviews and they tell me "Just apply online man, there's no interview!" as if that shiz is of any comfort. orz

I don't know how many motherfucking Starbucks I've applied to, and not a single e-mail I've gotten back from any one of them.

But things'll get better, I hope. I just gotta put more effort into being charming & presentable ~ wish I could clear my own history as easily as a web browser though haha. sad.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 8 2017, 07:11 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ 43 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
My mom (who voted Hilary) out of the blue told me yesterday... 'Did you know that for all that people rag on Trump, the economy's doing better than Obama?' ohmy.gif

So I was like hold-da-fugg-up. YOU voted Hilary! Did your boss, a hotel tycoon from India who voted Trump on expense of keeping his businesses wealthy, finally brain wash you!!? blink.gif

She was like... watch the news, it's real. Then I asked her... So are you gonna vote Trump in 2020? ...and she was like, Sonny I'm never voting again. derp.gif

Your mother doesn't know how economics works.
xiao
Posted on May 8 2017, 07:20 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
Your mother doesn't know how economics works.

She's an accountant and I would wholeheartedly agree! laugh.gif

Which would explain why my dad was just face-palming laugh.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 8 2017, 09:49 AM

ShiMACHaze

Being an accountant doesn't necessarily relate to macroeconomics. It's kind of like someone walking into a retail store and trying to say that the terms on the back of the receipt are not binding because "they're a lawyer," but then you ask them what law they practice and they say marriage law.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they don't know what they're talking about just because their primary practice isn't related to the content in question, but it also doesn't mean that they're experts in the field just because their occupation is tangentially related.

So, yeah.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017...acked-democracy

Now have some conspiracy theory for the morning.
xiao
Posted on May 8 2017, 10:14 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 23 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
Now have some conspiracy theory for the morning.

I wish I lived in Cali... the trans-dessert time shift is real. It's brunch when y'alls are eatin' breakfast.

I'm gonna join-in the cathartic political experience and say I liked the call 666 NYC number for 911 Seth Meyers aired last week: laugh.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=3mtZ60AvDQY )
APX
Posted on May 8 2017, 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 9:49 AM)
Being an accountant doesn't necessarily relate to macroeconomics. It's kind of like someone walking into a retail store and trying to say that the terms on the back of the receipt are not binding because "they're a lawyer," but then you ask them what law they practice and they say marriage law.

user posted image
Posted on May 10 2017, 03:09 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

so Comey is out of a job now. something smells rather fishy for the timing, incidentally this was spotted on trumps desk

heck these past few months have been fishy enough as it is.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 10 2017, 03:11 PM

ShiMACHaze

Nah man. Pence assured us it has nothing to do with the Russia investigation, it's cool.
Posted on May 10 2017, 03:20 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
Nah man. Pence assured us it has nothing to do with the Russia investigation, it's cool.

at this point who really knows?? he's already done things that people havent been on board with for a while. he was also in charge of looking into russian hacking/deals up until a day ago. only time will tell what might have happened to make trump change his mind. at this point you can point the probably cause at 2 different reasons.

trump only wants 1 type of news: good news (in regards to his affairs). anything that runs against it it bad/fake news. he's already secretive enough so its hard to tell what he even thinks on a daily basis.

This post has been edited by 207 on May 10 2017, 03:23 PM
APX
Posted on May 11 2017, 12:31 AM

Guess only Russians were allowed for the meeting between the president and a few russian people.

No American staff/media. Hmmmm

Is it a worker evaluation from Mother Russia to see how it's employee is doing? We may never know.
Posted on May 11 2017, 03:44 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (APX @ 3 hours, 13 minutes ago)
Guess only Russians were allowed for the meeting between the president and a few russian people.

No American staff/media. Hmmmm

Is it a worker evaluation from Mother Russia to see how it's employee is doing? We may never know.

lol, if its so then he's likely gonna get a A on the worker evaluation test. im starting to want to see more collusion with russia as it might be so it makes a HUUGE (potential) mess when all is discovered when this nightmare in USA finally ends. thats because trump wants to leave a tremendous legacy when his time in the big seat is over so anything to "help" his legacy is very welcoming.

This post has been edited by 207 on May 11 2017, 03:47 AM

15 Pages  « 10 11 12 13 14 »